CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 Months Post Relaxer

+64
purplec18
ginarochelle
AsiahKinks
SuzetteNC
Mocha27
jazzwife
naturallyconfused
teenatty
SweetieOne
NaturallyMissC
SoontobeNaturally
MrsJones
Inwiththenatural
gettinback2myroots
Rudo'sKinks
Stephy0306
queensistahgroove
juhel
In Transition
TickleMeCuRliE
Rissi
missjynnb
cyclingchick
MS. FAJA
chynadoll8799
AriChai
BeautifullyNapptural
DannyCurl
NaturalNiecy
ShedaG
naychirgurl
Naturally Zee
krys419
AshElleAye
BeautifullyCentered
meka_g
CrissyQ
lmw1950red
nnlathan
Amy V.
NaturaMeTricie
aimin 2b aunautrale
krissyc39
Vanisia3G
PEARLINE
Ebbz
CurlySha
NaturallyEverAfter
Preciousp
c0urtn3ylove
loswife
cdionea
CurlyChefRobin
Yanibear
Curlienurse
DivaBee
JossBella
Soon2Bcurly20
sophisticatedbeauty
Mom2KurlyT
jadore04
Ashima
MaNesha
*CurlyNikki*
68 posters

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

2 Months Post Relaxer - Page 8 Empty Re: 2 Months Post Relaxer

Post by MS. FAJA 20th July 2010, 5:04 pm

@ARICHAI:

I LOVE TARAJI HAIR CUT TO!!! U SHOULD GET A SEW-IN IF YOU REALLY LIKE
MS. FAJA
MS. FAJA

https://www.facebook.com/missfaja

Back to top Go down

Post by nnlathan 20th July 2010, 5:20 pm

Ms. Faja,

I'm trying Aphogee essentials oils for hair. It says that it rejuvenates dry,brittle hair. I'm liking it so far.

nnlathan

Back to top Go down

Post by MS. FAJA 21st July 2010, 1:28 pm

i might have to get it online...the only place here is walmart target and sally beauty and NONE of them cater to black hair they have the BARE minimum for us out here.
MS. FAJA
MS. FAJA

Back to top Go down

Post by nnlathan 21st July 2010, 2:20 pm

Sally should have it.

nnlathan

Back to top Go down

Post by AriChai 22nd July 2010, 6:16 am

Thank hun, I will get a weave! I'm so in love with the haircut
AriChai
AriChai

Back to top Go down

Post by Rissi 29th July 2010, 2:34 am

So excited I have been 2 months without a relaxer [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I have do this before but never with the intentions of going natural. I am getting excited & I am proud because I still have no intentions of turning back and I have made that clear to family, friends..& my hairdresser [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Rissi
Rissi

http://a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/"&

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturally Zee 29th July 2010, 1:28 pm

Welcome to CSJ Rissi!
Naturally Zee
Naturally Zee

Back to top Go down

Post by Rissi 10th August 2010, 1:26 pm

So my hair dresser told me that she doesn't think i need a weave or braids or anything to transition...well easy for her to say. When she does a blowout on my hair and flat irons it lasts about 4-5 days then I need to was BADLY....can anybody give me some times on styling. I had my hair cut into a short pixie style. I know most ppl think that I wopuld just BC, but I am the first to say I am very nervous about hair that short. I have always needed bangs, I guess its my security blanket. I went out this weekend and bought my first wig....thats a new feeling cause I have never any weaves other than braids. Now I feel like I'm just rambling...any help would be much appreciated ladies.....PLZ
Rissi
Rissi

Back to top Go down

Post by TickleMeCuRliE 10th August 2010, 9:22 pm

Hello Everyone. Thank you for all of your inspirational stories. I have made the decision to transition from permed to natural hair. Unfortunately, I am NOT getting support from any of my friends or family. I am currently in my second month of not perming my hair but I am finding it very difficult to manage. I have been following the boards with suggestions on styling however, I am discovering my hair is getting matted in the middle. I have VERY thick and curly hair and I would like to have some encouragement/help with this process. Thanks

With Gratitude
TickleMeCuRliE
TickleMeCuRliE

Back to top Go down

Post by MS. FAJA 12th August 2010, 10:07 pm

HANG IN THERE AND DONT GIVE. I KNO IT MIGHT GET DIFFICULT FROM TIME TO TIME AND WITH YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS NOT BEHIND YOU 100% ITS HARD BUT THATS Y THEY CALL IT A JOURNY. MY HAIR DID THE SAME THING, I WOULD WASH IT, CONDITION IT THN APPLY SOME CANTU LEAVE-IN. NEXT THING I KNEW MY HAIR WAS MATTED UGGH. MY HAIR WAS FINE AND WOULDNT HOLD CURLS, AND @ 2M POST RELAXER I KNEW I COULDN'T DEAL WITH 2TEXTURES SO I DID THE BC. YOU MAY NOW BE AT THT POINT YET BUT JUST KEEP TRYING DIFFERNT STYLES TILL YOU FIND ONE THAT YOUR HAIR LIKES (BRAID OUT/TWIST OUTS) AND KEEP MOISTURE IN IT. GOOD LUCK AND BE PATIENT.
MS. FAJA
MS. FAJA

Back to top Go down

2 Months Post Relaxer - Page 8 Empty Short Transitioning Hairstyles

Post by In Transition 13th August 2010, 3:03 pm

I am also transitioning from the Rhianna hairstyle to natural. I need some hairstyle ideas. This is my 3rd and final attempt to go natural and a lot more motivated this time I'm doing my research. I don't want to be discouraged by the length of my hair so I'm surfing the net for options. Any suggestions???

In Transition

http://www.ConciergeOnCall.net

Back to top Go down

Post by MS. FAJA 13th August 2010, 4:21 pm

my hair was that length b4 i got my last relaxer i let it grow out a little in order to style it. my hair was super fine textured an would get matted when i tried wash n gos and it wouldnt hold curls unless set by rollers. i did the bc, but if your not ready for that then transition with braids, weaves, or let your hair grow out and do twist outs/braid outs.
MS. FAJA
MS. FAJA

Back to top Go down

Post by juhel 16th August 2010, 10:51 pm

Hello ladies,

A year ago I was in transition for 6 months but I got manipulated into getting a relaxer again. So I did and I regret it a lot!!!

But a year later, I've decided to go NATURAL!

So I am two and half months in transition from relaxed to natural hair. Like many of you females, I am impatient to see natural hair on my head. My last and final relaxer was a day before my college graduation (May 27,2010). I actually did a Rihanna hair cut so I have a short hair yet; it looked good but it sucked after hearing that "it's going to be hard to maintain". So deciding to go natural again is something I really want and I am sticking to it this time. The main reason for going natural is because I can't maintain a relax hair and to me it is pricey. I would love some support on here from you ladies, and I will be sure to return the favor.

I decided to put kinky twist in my hair yesterday (August 15, 2010); because that is what helped my hair grow last year while transitioning. I am happy I did the kinky twist because I didn't know what else to do with my hair being though it was breaking and shedding, and the short length of it. So I will be maintaining my kinky twist by washing it with the aphogee products and moisturing with essentials oils. Moreover, I am extremely happy that I found this website, and I hope I can have some transition buddies on here while we all transition.
juhel
juhel

Back to top Go down

Post by MS. FAJA 17th August 2010, 11:44 am

WELCOME BACK TO BEING NATURAL!! DEF USE THIS WEBSITE AS A TOOL I HAVE LEARNED SOOO MUCH ABOUT NATURAL HAIR FROM THE LADIES HERE!!
MS. FAJA
MS. FAJA

Back to top Go down

Post by Rissi 18th August 2010, 1:21 am

ALMOST @ MY 3 MONTH MARK!!!! After a minor meltdown this week I am back to being ready to ride this journey out......I WILL BE NATURAL!!! dance woot!
Rissi
Rissi

Back to top Go down

Post by queensistahgroove 22nd August 2010, 11:49 pm

Impatient me. My two months post relaxer was Aug. 11 but on Aug 10 I BCd I couldn't wait . I love it!!! Soon as I figure out how to post another pic I will .
queensistahgroove
queensistahgroove

Back to top Go down

Post by Rissi 27th August 2010, 11:44 am

Officially 3 months post today!!!!!!
Rissi
Rissi

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephy0306 15th October 2010, 11:43 am

Hi ive just joined this forum but havent put a pic up yet. This will be my first month without a relaxer. Lately my transitioning hairstyle has been braid outs. I can do them the best thts why lol. I tryed twist outs but they didnt come out right on my hair. Im excited to be transitioning because my texture hair is curly and im excited to see what kind of hairstyles i can be able to do with my natural hair. Very Happy woot!

Stephy0306

Back to top Go down

Post by Rudo'sKinks 29th October 2010, 5:36 am

Two months already! My hair is on go slow or should I say grow slow. Still, I'm excited and positive. Can't wait to take my braids out at the end of this month and brave the BC.
Rudo'sKinks
Rudo'sKinks

Back to top Go down

Post by gettinback2myroots 29th October 2010, 10:05 am

Hello Ladies! I like seeing all the positive responses on this site. Friends and some family members are asking," why do you want nappy hair again?"

I really need support!
I'm 2 months post and a little nervous about the whole transition. The BC is not in my immediate future. I planned to cut off 1-2 inches at a time.
Neutral
gettinback2myroots
gettinback2myroots

Back to top Go down

Post by Rudo'sKinks 1st November 2010, 4:51 am

gettinback2myroots wrote:Hello Ladies! I like seeing all the positive responses on this site. Friends and some family members are asking," why do you want nappy hair again?"

I really need support!
I'm 2 months post and a little nervous about the whole transition. The BC is not in my immediate future. I planned to cut off 1-2 inches at a time.
Neutral

Oh, you'll be just fine. Just do what works for you. Must admit, I have my moments when I think I must be crazy to do this again then I remind myself I'd be even crazier to fry my hair again. As soon as my hair line fills in a little...I'm going for it!
Rudo'sKinks
Rudo'sKinks

Back to top Go down

Post by Rudo'sKinks 1st November 2010, 7:52 am

Grow hair, grrooowwww!!!

Last edited by Rudo'sKinks on 4th November 2010, 3:50 am; edited 2 times in total
Rudo'sKinks
Rudo'sKinks

Back to top Go down

Post by Inwiththenatural 2nd November 2010, 1:36 am

Hello ladies

Its been about 2 months since my last perm so things haven't got too hectic yet! I am so excited and did my research for transitioing for like 2 weeks straight! I have my products listed and everything. So far i have tried the bantu knot out and LOVED it!
Inwiththenatural
Inwiththenatural

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsJones 15th November 2010, 11:46 pm

Im currently my 2nd month of my long term transition (18-24 months) and im so excited because I can already see curls beginning to form at the root! I can't wait until my hair gets to a comfortable length and I can cut off all the relaxed ends!
MrsJones
MrsJones

Back to top Go down

Post by SoontobeNaturally 20th November 2010, 11:46 pm

To all of the ladies going natural 2 months post their last relaxer, I would just like to say stick with it and go all the way!!! You will love your natural hair and the versatility that comes with it. I transitioned for 4 months and I hated managing both textures. I wore my hair slicked back into a wet bun and it was really cute, but once I cut the rest of my relaxer off (October 11, 2010) I swear I fell completely in love with my hair. so just stay motivated, do you, and don't worry about peoples discouraging comments!

Stay positive and go for it!!! Very Happy

SoontobeNaturally

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next