CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 Months Post Relaxer

+64
purplec18
ginarochelle
AsiahKinks
SuzetteNC
Mocha27
jazzwife
naturallyconfused
teenatty
SweetieOne
NaturallyMissC
SoontobeNaturally
MrsJones
Inwiththenatural
gettinback2myroots
Rudo'sKinks
Stephy0306
queensistahgroove
juhel
In Transition
TickleMeCuRliE
Rissi
missjynnb
cyclingchick
MS. FAJA
chynadoll8799
AriChai
BeautifullyNapptural
DannyCurl
NaturalNiecy
ShedaG
naychirgurl
Naturally Zee
krys419
AshElleAye
BeautifullyCentered
meka_g
CrissyQ
lmw1950red
nnlathan
Amy V.
NaturaMeTricie
aimin 2b aunautrale
krissyc39
Vanisia3G
PEARLINE
Ebbz
CurlySha
NaturallyEverAfter
Preciousp
c0urtn3ylove
loswife
cdionea
CurlyChefRobin
Yanibear
Curlienurse
DivaBee
JossBella
Soon2Bcurly20
sophisticatedbeauty
Mom2KurlyT
jadore04
Ashima
MaNesha
*CurlyNikki*
68 posters

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

2 Months Post Relaxer Empty 2 Months Post Relaxer

Post by *CurlyNikki* 23rd April 2010, 2:16 pm

Post pics and tales of your hair 2 months post!
*CurlyNikki*
*CurlyNikki*
Admin

http://www.curlynikki.com

Back to top Go down

2 Months Post Relaxer Empty I CAN DO THIS!

Post by MaNesha 29th April 2010, 11:30 pm

I just started transitioning about a month ago. I am transitioning from a short Rhianna hair cut and now I wish I would've made this decision before I decided to get a cut because it's getting hard to handle. However, I am not going to give up. I'm so tired of my scalp buring, tired of running in from the rain , not being able to go work our regularly....my hair has more control over my life than I do, how sad is that? I do not think I'm going to transition for a long time. I want to have enough new growth to rock my TWA and let it be. Naturally I am scared, but not enough to quit my journey. I figure my mid July I should have enough to get my TWA started.

Wish me luck...pics coming soon!

THANKS FOR THIS WEBSITE IT HAS BEEN SO ENCOURAGING AND A GREAT SOURCE OF INFO!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

MaNesha

Back to top Go down

2 Months Post Relaxer Empty Re: 2 Months Post Relaxer

Post by Ashima 4th May 2010, 11:42 am

Ma Nesha,
I am so with you! I had my last relaxer March 16, 2010 and a month later decided that was my last. I too realized my hair for most of adult life has ruled. I planed vacations around it. Could never enjoy regular working out. I feared weather and sweat. Be happy you have already started out with a short cut. Your transition should not be difficult. Remember this time round we have control of our hair. This means we should probally focus on really conditioning that new growth. Stay away from products and anything which can damage it. Jane Carter makes a great leave in conditioner and Alba makes a great creamy leave in coconut conditioner. In conjunction they work well! Co-washing also really softens the hair.

Ashima

Back to top Go down

Post by MaNesha 4th May 2010, 6:19 pm

Hey Ashima!

Thanks for your reply! It's nice to see that someone started transitioning around the same time as I did. We can be transitioning buddies!! Right now I'm still able to curl my hair and have it still look decent, but soon...that will not be the case! So....I'm praying that by the end of this month I'll have enough to start doing some twist outs, braid outs, bantus...shoot something. I really want to stay away from the braids because my hair pulls out with them, but...we'll see. I'm just exploring, buying products, etc. There has been days when I've wanted to just go get that perm and call it good. And is it me or does EVERY PERM HAVE A COMMERCIAL!!

HAPPY TRANSITIONING!!

MaNesha

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashima 5th May 2010, 10:13 pm

Hi MaNesha,
Yes, let's be transitioning buddies. I could really use the support. But please do not cave into getting a perm. You will surely regret it. We are heading into summer and hair tends to grow faster. At least you started out with a short doo. By September you will be rocking a nice mini fro. I have never gotten braids but they seem as if they can put pressure on the scalp. Stick to bantus, braid outs, and twist outs. The mainthing is to nurse the new growth. Yes it's o.k. to pamper it by exploring all kinds of products. I plan on cutting off good amounts of hair every 8 weeks. For now I am sticking to two simple hair styles. A low slicked back ponytail or a bun. I know it's a little boring but I know I will get fustrated if I try experimenting with styles. Also without rollers and blow drying the relaxed hair is beging to look sickly. It is a difficult journey and at times I am impatient. I feel if I play with it too much it will be like standing by the stove waiting for a kettle to boil! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Ashima

Back to top Go down

Post by jadore04 9th May 2010, 12:23 pm

Hi,
I just began the transitioning process as well. i am more so around 2 1/2 months so right in the middle. my last relaxer was on Feb. 26. I have been using aphogee products on my hair and organics natural deep penetrating pak for my dc. my only problem is moisture! i am really bad at providing moisture for my hair and i noticed alot of breakage already :-/ I am starting to feel hesitant now but i know i can stick to it. Now that it is summer and i wont be at school i can focus on my hair so hopefully i can revive it. So i guess we all can be buddies. my hair is a little past my shoulders so i plan to bc a year from now. when do you guys plan to bc?
jadore04
jadore04

Back to top Go down

Post by MaNesha 9th May 2010, 12:44 pm

Hi Overactive!

WELCOME BUDDY!

The first thing I would do is get rid of the Aphogee products. I used Aphogee on my hair years ago, and it dried me out and I wasn't even transitioning. Start out with something a little more natural Kumaza Care or Carol's Daughter, there's lots out there. I'm trying to do a little better about that as well.

WE CAN DO THIS!

MaNesha

Back to top Go down

Post by jadore04 9th May 2010, 1:00 pm

my hair actually takes the deep moisturizing shampoo really well. && the protein treatment....but i have been looking at komaza hair care products! i'm trying to get my money back in order first because its quite expensive..i plan to buy the kit--it turns out cheaper!!
jadore04
jadore04

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashima 10th May 2010, 12:18 pm

Hi Ladies!
After I wash my hair I have been using Jane Carter leave in spray conditioner and coconut oil. I also leave in a little regular coditioner. I find it has all been leaving my usually dry hair very moist. Also co-washing has been really good for keeping my hair moist and soft. MaNesha is right. Try sticking with more natural products. They tend to use less or no alcohol.
I am planning on cutting a good amount of my ends off every 8 weeks. Depending on how it goes I may do my bc in November.
What are your plans MaNesha?

Ashima

Back to top Go down

Post by Mom2KurlyT 10th May 2010, 12:29 pm

Hello all! I am 10 weeks post relaxer and I'm currently doing braid n curl outs and have done 2 twist n curl out styles. I don't really have a hair reggie yet, but I've added some stuff. I've been washing and conditioning with creme of nature, lustrasilk shea butter cholesterol (adding almond, rosemary and peppermint oils) for my DC, using HE Hello Hydration as a leave in or Cantu Shea Butter, and coconut oil to seal. My new growth is out of control and to be honest it is kinda scaring me, but the braid out and twist outs have been blending the 2 textures well. I've gotten lots of compliments and the hubbs isn't complaining so I think I'm on the right track. Any additional advice or tips would be greatly appreciated. Below is a pic of my first time with 2nd day hair from a twist n curl out!! Yay!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Mom2KurlyT
Mom2KurlyT

http://kurlytspot.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jadore04 11th May 2010, 1:43 am

Hey Chicas,

I just bought the pantene pro-v deep moisture mask that CurlyNikki had mentioned a couple posts ago!! i plan to use it tomorrow for a DC. for the next 3 months i will just be roller setting!! @Manesha I'm headed to Sephora tomorrow to see what Carol Daughter products i can afford lol! @Mom2KurlyT I love your hair! i did a zig zag cornrow about 3 weeks ago and took it out the following morning to wear out! i loved it! once i find out how to post pictures up i will post that one so you can see! I also did the two strand twist one time and it was alright but i dont think i will do it again until more new growth comes in because you can clearly see my relaxed ends still.

Sidenote:: i used VItamin E oil on my hair today and my hair loves it!! i mixed it with a little leave in.
jadore04
jadore04

Back to top Go down

Post by MaNesha 13th May 2010, 10:43 pm

Hi Ladies!

Ahisma...girl...I don't know what my plans are! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I am transitioning from a short hair cut, so right now, I am still able to mold it and flat iron the ends that are still permed. But...I don't know how much longer that is going to work. I think I plan to do something similar to you, just get trims every 8 weeks. The problem for me is that I live in Chicago, and the hairstylist I was going to...I know she is going to run a rat tooth comb through my head or something trying to get that new growth straight so she can style it..I THINK NOT! So I am searching for some one who can work with my transitioning hair. I may have to go and get a trim with no styling...NO NEED TO HEAT UP THAT OVEN MISS!!

I was thinking I would see where I was around September, and if I liked my length at that point, I would go ahead and BC, if not, I can wait a few more months. My only concern right now is...THE SUMMER. Lord, what am I gonna do this summer?...IN CHICAGO!

MaNesha

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashima 13th May 2010, 11:49 pm

Hi Transitioning Buddies , [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Manesha that is what I am planning on doing. I will to see what length my hair will be in September. I not expecting no BAA but just want something which I will feel is acceptable to me and compliment my face. Though seeing so many beautiful ladies with TWA on this website made me run to a barber and get things started.

Overactiveimagination that is a great idea regarding vitamin e oil. That oil heals and does magic on the skin!

Ashima

Back to top Go down

Post by sophisticatedbeauty 14th May 2010, 6:28 pm

Hello Ladies,
I'm new into transitioning as well! My last perm was March 4th and I have been going strong! I have not had the urge to get a perm whatsoever and I used to live for the salon! I have yet to get all the conditioning things that I need, but so far my hair has really held up. Today I conditioned it and used small foam rollers to roll it! I am slowly getting used to all the new growth despite the negativity from my friends and family. I am very happy to be on this new journey!
sophisticatedbeauty
sophisticatedbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by jadore04 15th May 2010, 1:21 am

HI sophisticated, I am new to it as well and certainly the rest of us are too! But im glad you are enjoying this new process.. And i am having the same negative feedback but mostly from those im around, my hair has grown really fast these past 2 months and my friends are like Mikala it is time for a relaxer and i tell them im not getting one anymore and they freak out on me! That kind of negativity makes me want to keep doing what im doing and show them how beautiful my natural hair is! I hope you keep the same attitude in mind Smile
jadore04
jadore04

Back to top Go down

Post by MaNesha 15th May 2010, 9:31 am

Hi Ladies and welcome Sophisticated!!

Yes, I think we all have and are going through the friends and family who are definitely not being supportive. But, we have to stick with it. I can't WAIT until I have enough new growth to get the big chop. I was actually able to do my first bantu knot set last night. I haven't taken it down yet, but we'll see how that goes. I'm just happy to have enough hair to actually do a protective style!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And it won't be long before we move this part to THREE MONTHS!

MaNesha

Back to top Go down

Post by Soon2Bcurly20 16th May 2010, 11:24 am

I'm about two months into transitioning and i had a short cut to begin with so I"m not sure how this is going to turn out but i know this is the right decision....the only problem is with my short style the new growth makes i really hard to style it any kind of way and it breaks off...any advice?
Soon2Bcurly20
Soon2Bcurly20

Back to top Go down

Post by MaNesha 16th May 2010, 4:38 pm

Hi Soon2Bcurly,

Welcome! I too started transitioning from a short cut (kinda Rhianna-ish). I actually found that i was able to still mold my hair and then just bump the ends, and it looked just about the same. I just learned how to do bantu knots on my short hair this weekend and that actually turned out pretty cute. I would say give that a try, there are all kinds of "how to" videos on YouTube. I just made sure to keep my hair moisturized. People think it's easier to transition from short hair, but the opposite is true because you don't have enough new growth to cut the rest off, and not enough hair to do a protective style.

Don't be discouraged! You can do it! I think we all are going through the "ok what next" phase of transitioning. Smile

MaNesha

Back to top Go down

Post by Soon2Bcurly20 17th May 2010, 12:08 am

HI!
MaNesha, thanks I really appreciate the advice! definitely gonna give those bantu knots a try and can't wait for my big chop in a couple of months [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Soon2Bcurly20
Soon2Bcurly20

Back to top Go down

Post by jadore04 17th May 2010, 1:28 am

ladies, when do you plan to do your bc? i'm going to try and long-term transition for about a year and a half...hopefully by then my hair will be at my desired length.
jadore04
jadore04

Back to top Go down

Post by JossBella 17th May 2010, 1:38 am

Hi ladies! I'm 10 weeks post relaxer and I plan on transitioning long term. I'm really new to all of this. I don't know when I plan a BC but like a few others I don't want to rock a TWA because of my fat face and head shape LOL. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Anywho, I plan on doing a roller wrap until it doesn't look right anymore and then rod/roller sets, possibly braids, and sew ins. My new growth is dry as heck btw after washing it this past weekend [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] . Just bought Neutrogena Triple Moisture Silk Touch Leave In so I'll see if this helps. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
JossBella
JossBella

Back to top Go down

Post by JossBella 17th May 2010, 1:40 am

Oh and MaNesha I SOOO feel you on running from the rain and not being able to work out regularly!
JossBella
JossBella

Back to top Go down

Post by DivaBee 17th May 2010, 9:54 pm

Hey Girlies! Brit here... I've just made the 2 month mark. HOORAY! I absolutely love my new growth and I know I really need to keep my hands out of my hair but I love feeling my little curlies coming up. My little brother thinks I'm crazy sometimes, running around the house asking everyone "Can you see them, can ya?!" LOL. So far I LOVE bantu knot outs. It is definitely my staple style. I have gotten so many compliments on it. Of course we also got the haters and the ones you complain that they loved my hair straight. but I love my hair in all its curly afro-ness!! LOL Keep up the good work girls, it will all pay off!!
DivaBee
DivaBee

Back to top Go down

Post by MaNesha 21st May 2010, 5:17 pm

Hey ladies!

You know I go back and forth about when I am going to BC. Sometimes I get up in the morning and just want to whack it off right then and there. Fighting the two textures is not fun all of the time. However, like Joss, I'm not sure if the TWA would look right on me. I have a peculiar curl pattern...not sure what type I am. I was thinking somewhere around september. Maybe at that point i'll have enough to do twist outs on a TWA to stretch it a little. We shall see! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

MaNesha

Back to top Go down

Post by JossBella 22nd May 2010, 1:02 am

I was in the salon today and my hairdresser (who has been doing my hair for about 8 years) asked me why I was going natural (my sister had told her last week). After listing my reasons, she listed her main reason for not going natural: you lose your femininity. I just smiled. I didn't feel like going there up in a shop of women who praised relaxers. Not right now. Another convo was sparked and I told my stylist that I first started to get presses at like age 3 or 4. She told me that I must've really had BAD hair if my parents felt like they should've done that so early. I just chuckled and shook my head. A lot of them were talking about how only people with "good" hair can go relaxer free for a long time. It was very sad to me. What was even more interesting was when I realized that about a couple of months ago I was saying the same thing. It's amazing to me how much my mindset has changed since doing my research on natural hair and figuring out what I wanted and what I was tired of. I thought their thoughts about natural hair would affect me but it didn't! I just continued reading my book ( the Thank God I'm Natural book lol) and tuned them out. Yay me! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
11 weeks post Tuesday May 25th! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
JossBella
JossBella

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next