CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen

+52
jazzwife
tiashaunteƩ
Kea::curls
mizcreativelyme
DreamMerchant
FemmeFox
priceless
LadyMika
summerbreeze76
juicypeach
CiaE
AfricanaCurly
thetiffany
Madeaj
dajewel
jeanlouisangel
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
Freestyles
funkyhairchic
LaToya28
PaganWifey
mrsmackey
wyldhoney
NhappyJackie
Serenity23
AfrikanLatina
swoodward
CocaColaCutie
Nikcoils
NubieNatty
QuietButterfly
Lynnieluve
jlowman1
Muz
nattyblog
traveljunkie08
poeticlyspkng
ChrsLvsBks
BlondeByDesire
TheRYL1
SheeTacular
bholmes87
CrissyQ
CurlsGalore
krazy coils
CocoEuro
MellowOne
Juices-n-Berries
Intelligentbeauty
sweetdrk1
KinkyNappyHappy
DvaAuNaturel
56 posters

Page 8 of 17 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 17  Next

Go down

IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen - Page 8 Empty Re: IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen

Post by LaToya28 13th December 2010, 12:42 pm

Thanks for posting all the steps...looks great!

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen - Page 8 Empty Re: IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen

Post by CocaColaCutie 13th December 2010, 12:47 pm

that spiral set is banging! you betta werk IB! you betta werk!
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 14th December 2010, 5:50 am

Thanks ladies Very Happy

So this is the fourth day of my spiral set. Destiny is in a curly pony with curly bang since day 3. This was intentional because I wanted to sleep without worrying out my curls being smooched....lol. However, the curls themselves are still whole, not fuzzy or frizzy, soft and light with a nice shine. It still looks great!
I maintain the look by taking out the ouchless band at night and covering with a satin bonnet and sleep on a satin pillow. Then each morning, I keep the pulled up areas moisturize. The back and sides are spritzed with juice n berries, apply giovanni direct leave in condish and KBN butter. I do nothing with the curls themselves.
I have to say the curls themselves are easier to maintain on natural hair than it ever was on relaxed hair............ Shocked Laughing . I LOVE IT!!!
I am going to ride out this style for this week and possibly next, then bun everything up for Christmas hair. (I have a nice updo in mind;-)
So we will see..........................

I will post pics soon toward the middle of the week.
HAVE A GREAT WEEK DOLLS!!!!!! I love you
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 14th December 2010, 9:38 am

Hey IB...

That spiral set was beautiful....going to locate what channel Dr. OZ comes on here, and set my DVR. Can't miss this!!!

KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 14th December 2010, 11:00 am

Morning IB,

I'm glad the spiral set is working out for you.

How is the home schooling coming along?
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by funkyhairchic 14th December 2010, 12:43 pm

Thanks for the breakdown on preserving the style! Totally taking notes!
funkyhairchic
funkyhairchic

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by Freestyles 14th December 2010, 10:25 pm

Hey sis! Just wanted to say...

I'm BAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKK! dance

-Reese afro
Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 15th December 2010, 6:40 pm

@BBD, Thanks for the kind words on the hair. You should try it. I didn't use heat to dry
Homeschooling is going very well. I truly enjoy teaching the boys and watching them absorb and spit it all back out to me.....lol. Right now, I am reading all about homeschooling from library books, blogs, and websites. That is what mostly absorbs my free time. But I love learning new things and throwing myself into my interest.

@FHC, your so welcome. Hope you try it soon.

@Freestyles, headed over to your thread to give you some love run
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 16th December 2010, 7:47 pm

Title change
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 16th December 2010, 11:42 pm

I am going to set my DVR! I am so excited!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 17th December 2010, 1:15 pm

I sure hope I'm taping the right show ...

I set my DVR for today though ....
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 17th December 2010, 5:12 pm

HI EVERYONE,

DR OZ SHOW WILL NOT BE AIRING TODAY. THEY TOLD ME IT WAS CHANGED TO JAN 7TH FOR THE NEW YEAR...smh.

OH WELL THAT IS SHOW BUSINESS!!

I WILL PUT OUT A REMINDER AGAIN FOR JAN 7TH.... Laughing
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 17th December 2010, 5:44 pm

i was on the lookout today, lol.
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Freestyles 17th December 2010, 7:43 pm

Okay...the 7th! Got it! If it's not too much trouble can you post a few pics of your spiral set here in your CSJ for those of us (me) that are not on facebook? Pretty please?

---Reese afro
Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 17th December 2010, 9:37 pm

Ok cool!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by SCRUG_A_LICIOUS 18th December 2010, 12:36 am

Good luck on your show! Your hair is looking really good. keep up the good work!
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 19th December 2010, 2:59 am

Thanks ladies.

@Reese, I thought anyone can see the link when I post it even though you may not be on FB. Ok, my camera is out of commission so I have been taking pics with my BB phone. I lost the connective cord for the computer Rolling Eyes . Anyway, I sent a pic to CN for the fab friday hair she has every friday. So you will probably see it this Friday. I will try to take pics from my hubby's camera. Smile

SO I WAS A BIT CURIOUS THIS YEAR ON BLACK FRIDAY. And with all the sales I decided to indulge. If you know me, you already know I like to stick with what works, I love indian powders and oil (inexpensive and effective), and I enjoy making my own stuff. HOWEVER, I decided to stray away a little and buy some STUFF.
I bought some KBB, KBN, Oyin, Bee Mine serum, Hairveda.
I got everything but the Hairveda Rolling Eyes .

I plan to discuss each of them as I use them because I really don't remember each thing I bought.... Razz .

First up, BEE MINE SULFA HAIR SERUM. I bought this from BGLH marketplace. She also gave a free KBN butter along with purchase;-). I bought this item because I wanted to start using something to nourish my scalp in the winter months. I am washing my hair less (about every 2 weeks) but my scalp would be screaming. So I decided to buy this particular one because of the oils and the sulfa component.
Since I am still rocking this spiral set, going on 2 weeks..yayy. My scalp started to scream, so I applied the serum thoroughly to my scalp and massaged it in. I must say I am impressed. All the iches stopped completely Shocked . This is now my 3rd say since I applied it and my scalp is still fine woot! . The only thing that is driving me insane is this strawberry kiwi scent Evil or Very Mad . I wish I would have gotten the unscented, if she had it.

Also, I have used the KOILS BY NATURE butters in the past but this time i stocked up for me, hubby and the boys. LOVE, LOVE,LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, that is all for now. I plan to henna before Christmas. I will keep you posted.

TAKE CARE DOLLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 19th December 2010, 10:56 am

Wow! 2weeks is amazing! I love KBN and I recently fell in love with Darcy Botanicals I am trying not to order everything! But that DC mask is the truth!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 20th December 2010, 1:05 am

yES Sweet, I see you are in love with DB DC mask. You are persuading me to give it a shot. I may have to wait until another sale comes around though Laughing
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 23rd December 2010, 4:50 pm

HELLO DOLLS,

I am so excited my hairveda order finally got here Rolling Eyes
I am really taken back by how much things I got in the 20 dollar grab bag.
I got the herbal green tea hair creme, vatika frosting, shikaki oil (that Lynn raves about), and the whipped creme leave in. I also ordered the DC and almond glaze pomade. I hope I like these items because next year I will just order the grab bag..... Laughing .

So the spiral set was cool for 2 weeks but I had to wash...lol. So I am in a prepoo right now since last night of bee mine serum on scalp and nexus humectress condish on hair (trying to finish all these old conditioners). I plan to shampoo, henna, DC, rinse and style using KBB products. I will come back on how I like it. I plan to style in twists using Naptural85's method for the holidays.

HAVE A MERRY CHRISTMAS DOLLS!!!!
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 23rd December 2010, 4:55 pm

Oh I can't wait to see that technique on your hair! Merry Christmas my friend!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 23rd December 2010, 5:12 pm

Merry Christmas ... IB
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanlouisangel 23rd December 2010, 9:04 pm

Yay IB...Happy Holidays..And I think although Hairveda be buggin with the shipping this last holiday time, I need to give them a shot. I, like you, have to wait for some sails homie...love the hair..Blessings flower
jeanlouisangel
jeanlouisangel

Back to top Go down

Post by SCRUG_A_LICIOUS 24th December 2010, 2:10 am

Merry Christmas!! Cant wait to see the pic for fierce friday!
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 17 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 17  Next