CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen

+52
jazzwife
tiashaunteé
Kea::curls
mizcreativelyme
DreamMerchant
FemmeFox
priceless
LadyMika
summerbreeze76
juicypeach
CiaE
AfricanaCurly
thetiffany
Madeaj
dajewel
jeanlouisangel
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
Freestyles
funkyhairchic
LaToya28
PaganWifey
mrsmackey
wyldhoney
NhappyJackie
Serenity23
AfrikanLatina
swoodward
CocaColaCutie
Nikcoils
NubieNatty
QuietButterfly
Lynnieluve
jlowman1
Muz
nattyblog
traveljunkie08
poeticlyspkng
ChrsLvsBks
BlondeByDesire
TheRYL1
SheeTacular
bholmes87
CrissyQ
CurlsGalore
krazy coils
CocoEuro
MellowOne
Juices-n-Berries
Intelligentbeauty
sweetdrk1
KinkyNappyHappy
DvaAuNaturel
56 posters

Page 5 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 17  Next

Go down

IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen - Page 5 Empty Re: IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen

Post by NubieNatty 3rd September 2010, 3:57 pm

im ready to enjoy fall myself. i like how it cools down and i can sit on my balcony to enjoy the breeze w/o the mosquito's and open the windows to let the cool breeze in...aaaaah!! i just stopped typing for 15 min to daydream on it.

anyhoo, love the coils. im gonna try the coils again n try ur method of wetting, patting n shaking! my only issue is when it frizzy's up in the back of my head to gimme bedhead Mad
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen - Page 5 Empty Re: IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 4th September 2010, 9:45 am

Destiny + Water = Beautiful!! WOW what a difference water is making for Destiny. I am so glad you found the perfect style for Destiny. You look FABULOUS!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 5th September 2010, 1:51 pm

Hey IB,
Your avi is beautiful! Nice coilout results.

I am so ready for Fall. This is absolutely my favorite time of the year...the weather is absolutely fabulous in the DMV....its already changing from Summer to Fall.

I might look into a steamer too. With this new color I want to ensure my hair is not dry. I'll be DC'ng more regularly so a steamer might elevate my results even moreso.

Enjoy your Sunday!
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 5th September 2010, 10:48 pm

Hey twin!!! Your coil out looks fab! I put in my first set of coils today! I'm loving them so far, and hopefully the coil out will come out nice! Thanks for the recommendation! I'm glad I tried it. Smile Have a great week!
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 6th September 2010, 6:13 am

Muz wrote: Great job on that coil-out! if I try them again I may use that tip. I haven't done them since like a few weeks after I BC'd. I don't even think I took a pic of the coil out it was that bad. LOL

THANKS MUZ! Well, if you try them and they don't come out to your liking just remember to sit under the water for a few then plop or shake. cheers

NhappyJackie wrote:Good Evening IB....You and Destiny are rocking those coils!!!!! Yall are making me want to try them again.

THANKS!! TRY THEM, TRY THEM!! Laughing

NubieNatty wrote:im ready to enjoy fall myself. i like how it cools down and i can sit on my balcony to enjoy the breeze w/o the mosquito's and open the windows to let the cool breeze in...aaaaah!! i just stopped typing for 15 min to daydream on it.

anyhoo, love the coils. im gonna try the coils again n try ur method of wetting, patting n shaking! my only issue is when it frizzy's up in the back of my head to gimme bedhead Mad

You are too funny, Nubie (with the pause to daydream..... Laughing ) I love fall but my first summer natural was a blast. I could have a wet head everyday... Laughing . I will miss that.

Try the coils again! If they begin to frizz, just do those parts over with water and a little conditioner. I don't mind the frizz at my loose crown. Rolling Eyes Laughing

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Destiny + Water = Beautiful!! WOW what a difference water is making for Destiny. I am so glad you found the perfect style for Destiny. You look FABULOUS!!!

Thank you so much, KNH. Destiny is sooooo happy cheers .

DvaAuNaturel wrote:Hey IB,
Your avi is beautiful! Nice coilout results.

I am so ready for Fall. This is absolutely my favorite time of the year...the weather is absolutely fabulous in the DMV....its already changing from Summer to Fall.

I might look into a steamer too. With this new color I want to ensure my hair is not dry. I'll be DC'ng more regularly so a steamer might elevate my results even moreso.

Enjoy your Sunday!

First of all, DVA, YOU LOOK AWESOME in that profile pic. That color is like WOW. I LOVE IT!! cheers
Thanks for the kind words. Very Happy
I will definitely have a steamer before Christmas.... Laughing .

CurlsGalore wrote:Hey twin!!! Your coil out looks fab! I put in my first set of coils today! I'm loving them so far, and hopefully the coil out will come out nice! Thanks for the recommendation! I'm glad I tried it. Smile Have a great week!

Hey Twin, I am running over to your hourse now to see. So glad you like them. Very Happy
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by MellowOne 6th September 2010, 9:08 am

Yes Destiny does love water...looks good IB!
MellowOne
MellowOne

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 6th September 2010, 10:22 am

I love the coils IB, it really looks good on you.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by wyldhoney 6th September 2010, 10:42 am

IB, Hi!

It's been so long since I've posted here - work has had me underwater for the last month...I come back online and am in awe at your beautiful head of hair. The coils are SO BEAUTIFUL!

I want to try them, but I'm not sure how they would work with my ultra-fine hair.

You sure are rocking them. When do we get pics of the coilout?
wyldhoney
wyldhoney

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 7th September 2010, 1:36 am

MellowOne wrote:Yes Destiny does love water...looks good IB!

BlondeByDesire wrote:I love the coils IB, it really looks good on you.

Thanks ladies cheers

wyldhoney wrote:IB, Hi!

It's been so long since I've posted here - work has had me underwater for the last month...I come back online and am in awe at your beautiful head of hair. The coils are SO BEAUTIFUL!

I want to try them, but I'm not sure how they would work with my ultra-fine hair.

You sure are rocking them. When do we get pics of the coilout?

Hey there WH, thank you for the kind words.
Doesn't hurt to give them a try on your lovely ultra fine curls.
Destiny doesn't really have a coil out. When I uncoil her, so just turns into smaller and smaller coils... Laughing Especially when I throw water on her.... Laughing
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 8th September 2010, 10:39 am

Morning IB, just passing through.

Have a blessed day.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 9th September 2010, 2:11 am

Hey BBD,
LOVE THE NEW AVI AND CONGRATS ON YOUR 21 YRS OF MARRIAGE. THAT IS FABULOUS!!

I AM CELEBRATING 9 YRS OF MARRIAGE TO MY BOO TODAY 9/9. SEPTEMBER IS A WONDERFUL MONTH!!! Very Happy Laughing
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 9th September 2010, 6:39 am

Hi Dolls,
This is probably going to be my last post of a while. I have alot of events coming up and there is really nothing new going on with my hair. So I will visit and post when something new develops.

I am celebrating my 9th wedding anniversary today woot! dance
I am so honored to be with this wonderful man. I can truly say he has made me a better person and has enriched my life. I am blessed.

In hair news: Destiny is finally 6 months old. It seemed like a took a while to get here. But here she is woot! . I have learned so much about her and look forward to more years of her showing me her glory and how she likes things to go..... lol! .

We are going away for our anniversary so I decided to do twists. Where we are going is quite chilly and with twists I can load up on the moisture with leave in condish, oil, and butter. Destiny was not happy about unraveling her coils at all.....She was down right stubborn No ....almost angry Evil or Very Mad .
I have not had such a long detangling experience since transitioning. I had some shed hair after 1 week of not touching my hair and a few single strand knots (most I was able to work out with conditioner without cutting---did cut twice though:roll: ). But it was so time consuming. So now I have to figure out a way to keep her happy in her coils without such a longer process of detangling weekly. Maybe rod sets????

Anyway, I hope you all have a splendid weekend...............I know I will..... Wink Razz

TAKE CARE DOLLS I love you
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 9th September 2010, 8:10 am

Hi IB....

awwww....I think you have a lot to share. Destiny is looking good, and I love seeing how far you've come with your journey. I'll keep up with you on fb...so you'll see me lurking around your photos there!!

Happy Anniversary....I love how you stated that your hubby has made you a better person by just being with him. I really believe that is the way marriage is suppose to be. As I told BBD...I will pray that God continues to bless your union, and I will also throw in there that he can send me who he wants me to be with too...LOL

Enjoy your trip and take lots of pictures.

Love yah!!! Be Blessed!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 9th September 2010, 8:53 am

Happy Anniversary and have a great trip!
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 9th September 2010, 10:09 am

Happy Anniversary and enjoy your trip.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by NhappyJackie 9th September 2010, 10:58 am

Happy Anni IB!!!! 9 years....Mann that's a long time. I wish you nothing but enjoyment while on your vacation.
NhappyJackie
NhappyJackie

http://members.fotki.com/jackiejones205/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 9th September 2010, 4:40 pm

Enjoy your time away with your hubby!

After reading your posts, I’m seriously considering trying coils. I saw someone’s pictures on CN.com whose hair reminded me of coils. She had taken down her twists. I loved the look. I have the patience. I just have to find the time.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 14th September 2010, 4:32 am

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Hi IB....

awwww....I think you have a lot to share. Destiny is looking good, and I love seeing how far you've come with your journey. I'll keep up with you on fb...so you'll see me lurking around your photos there!!

Happy Anniversary....I love how you stated that your hubby has made you a better person by just being with him. I really believe that is the way marriage is suppose to be. As I told BBD...I will pray that God continues to bless your union, and I will also throw in there that he can send me who he wants me to be with too...LOL

Enjoy your trip and take lots of pictures.

Love yah!!! Be Blessed!!

KNH

krazy coils wrote:Happy Anniversary and have a great trip!

BlondeByDesire wrote:Happy Anniversary and enjoy your trip.

NhappyJackie wrote:Happy Anni IB!!!! 9 years....Mann that's a long time. I wish you nothing but enjoyment while on your vacation.

ChrsLvsBks wrote:Enjoy your time away with your hubby!

After reading your posts, I’m seriously considering trying coils. I saw someone’s pictures on CN.com whose hair reminded me of coils. She had taken down her twists. I loved the look. I have the patience. I just have to find the time.

Thanks ladies.
@Chrs, can't wait to see your results bounce
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 14th September 2010, 4:42 am

Hey Dolls,
We had a blast for our anniversary!! Thanks for all the blessings.
Now back to the grind again..... Rolling Eyes

In hair news. I gave Destiny a little trim. I was going to wait until she hits 1 yr but I don't want any surprises of a whole inch or 2 HAVE to be taken off because.....................
So being that she is 6 months now, I decided to give her a 1/2 inch trim all around when I did my double strand twist on wet hair. Now my front and crown ends won't stay twisted..... Rolling Eyes . But no complaints here, I just oil or butter up the ends and twist again. I am anxious to get back to my coils.
I have my Pastor's birthday celebration next weekend at a banquet hall and don't know how I should wear my hair.
WHAT DO YOU GALS THINK??? scratch
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 14th September 2010, 9:22 am

Hey IB! Just dropping by to say hi! Loved your wedding pic on FB. It says everything you spoke in words in your previous post. The way the 2 of you look at each other in that picture speaks volumes. In fact, I thought that was a picture of your parents or his- it just spelled - for life.

Anyway, I am going to try those coils soon. I'm going to be taking a day off soon and that will be the day. Hope they work for me as well as they have for you. Yours are awesome. Have a great day!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 18th October 2010, 9:48 pm

Hey IB, I think the way you cut curls has everything to do with how they stay together until your natural growth pattern (and it's inherent unevenness) takes over. When I trimmed my hair in June I trimmed on angles. No blunt cut.

I wonder if you would have a similar experience? Interesting.

Anyway, thank you so much for encouraging me to try coils. It felt amazing for destiny to be in a style SHE wanted to be in. Un-coiling has been interesting though, I will agree with you there. I just gave up last time and unwound my hair. It worked ok. I need more practice. :LOL

You look gorgeous as usual!
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 28th October 2010, 7:51 am

Hey Hun....

Can we get an update? How is Destiny doing?

Miss yah!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 28th October 2010, 9:10 am

Hello IB,

Just passing through. Happy Belated Anniversary - I seemed to have missed that.

Love the new Avi... Destiny is getting old ... Very Happy
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 28th October 2010, 11:54 am

Hey IB, I haven't been here in a bit! How are you?
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsmackey 12th November 2010, 3:17 pm

IB!!!!! I've been waiting on pics from you and CurlsGalore....and i have nothing Sad

I hope you enjoyed your anniversary! PICS OF DESTINY PLEASE....my hair wants to be like yours when she grows up!!!!
mrsmackey
mrsmackey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 17  Next