CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen

+52
jazzwife
tiashaunteƩ
Kea::curls
mizcreativelyme
DreamMerchant
FemmeFox
priceless
LadyMika
summerbreeze76
juicypeach
CiaE
AfricanaCurly
thetiffany
Madeaj
dajewel
jeanlouisangel
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
Freestyles
funkyhairchic
LaToya28
PaganWifey
mrsmackey
wyldhoney
NhappyJackie
Serenity23
AfrikanLatina
swoodward
CocaColaCutie
Nikcoils
NubieNatty
QuietButterfly
Lynnieluve
jlowman1
Muz
nattyblog
traveljunkie08
poeticlyspkng
ChrsLvsBks
BlondeByDesire
TheRYL1
SheeTacular
bholmes87
CrissyQ
CurlsGalore
krazy coils
CocoEuro
MellowOne
Juices-n-Berries
Intelligentbeauty
sweetdrk1
KinkyNappyHappy
DvaAuNaturel
56 posters

Page 12 of 17 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next

Go down

IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen - Page 12 Empty Re: IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen

Post by Intelligentbeauty 22nd January 2011, 2:14 am

HELLO DOLLS:

So happy to see my spiral set on CN's fabulous friday with my girl, BBD..... Laughing

I am here to report another Dr Oz debut, another Hairveda experience and a technique epiphany.

My hair was done over 2 days.
I prepooed with a mix of 2 heaping tbs of amla powder, 1 heaping tbs of Brahmi powder and water to make a paste. Then added 1 egg, and natures gate aloe vera moisture conditioner (to get rid of it) to the mix. I left my hair in the old twists and spritzed with some strong tea to dampen it to apply the mix. Put on a plastic bag (the one that holds the veggies and fruits at the market...lol) and a head tie and hat. Kept that in for 24 hours then rinsed out and shampooed with my mix of castille soap and giovanni tea tree conditioner, all over my scalp and twists. Next I applied the Haiveda deep conditioner, Sitrinillah, to my clean twists and left that on overnight. Then rinsed out throughly with cold water. T-shirt plopped. I must say this technique of doing everything in twists is an AWESOME ONE cheers . I got maybe about 10 hairs in the drain, hair was tangle free and beautiful after untwisting. I really just wanted to keep my hair out like this but decided on doing a style I saw on youtube with Naptural85. I should have taken pictures of that damp twist out though.....smh. Anyway, I untwisted, sectioned and applied the Haiveda hydration leave in condish and the green tea oil creme with the almond pomade applied on the front edges. Then restyled in a 2 french braids for a nice stretched look. I plan to unravel tomorrow morning using Hairveda's cocoasta shikakai oil (for a nice shine) for the making of my brief video.

Yes, Dr. Oz personnel called me again this week asking if they can send me a camera to do a 20 second video shoot. cheers I think I should start charging them.... Laughing . Anyway, I obviously agreed and the camera was sent overnight. So this morning I will put on a nice sweater, unravel my hair, and apply makeup and do a couple takes then ship camera back to them. Then I will remove everything, spritz my hair and twist is up for a nice goddess twists or braided updo because it is freezing over here.

Anyway, that is all. I will try to post pics later.
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND DOLLS!! I love you
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen - Page 12 Empty Re: IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen

Post by Intelligentbeauty 22nd January 2011, 2:16 am

title change
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by QuietButterfly 22nd January 2011, 2:33 am

Hey IB!!

I saw your pic on the Fierce Friday post and had to stop by.....I love your hair in that pic, it was super cute!!
QuietButterfly
QuietButterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 23rd January 2011, 1:25 pm

IB, u are the bomb diggity!!!
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 24th January 2011, 12:02 am

Thank you QB and DAJEWEL!! cheers
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 24th January 2011, 12:25 am

SO I CAME HOME FROM WORK SATURDAY, CHANGED MY CLOTHES, APPLIED MAKEUP AND UNRAVELED MY HAIR WITH COCASTAL HAIRVEDA OIL. THEN I SHOT A BRIEF VIDEO CLIP.

HERE ARE THE PICS OF MY LOOK:

IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen - Page 12 Dr_oz_10IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen - Page 12 Dr_oz_11

I was very impressed with how big Destiny looked, how soft she was, and the movement I had. But not happy about how dry she initially looked before I added the oil. I believe I should have done a oil rinse with the vatika frosting after the DC to seal a little more and give better shine. But it was ok because after the video shoot, I took every thing off and double strand twisted with strong tea and hydration leave in and almond pomade, all from Hairveda. I tried to do goddess twists in the front and french braid in the back. It came out ok but I need more practice...lol. No problem will take down and redo pin up later on in the week. This style will be in for 2 weeks before the next wash.

HERE ARE THE PICS:

IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen - Page 12 Dr_oz_12

IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen - Page 12 Dr_oz_13

HAVE A GREAT WEEK, DOLLS!!

PS--I WILL LET YOU KNOW WHEN MY CLIP WILL AIR ON THE SHOW.

Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamMerchant 24th January 2011, 12:49 am

Yellow is your color! Looks great!
DreamMerchant
DreamMerchant

http://public.fotki.com/DreamMerchant/

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsmackey 24th January 2011, 12:54 am

HAWWWWWWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!
mrsmackey
mrsmackey

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 24th January 2011, 1:14 am

DreamMerchant wrote:Yellow is your color! Looks great!
Totally agree!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 24th January 2011, 1:29 am

Love the new avi, so pretty!
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 24th January 2011, 1:40 am

Love the new avatar!! The pin up too!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 24th January 2011, 11:14 am

Love the new avi IB, and yellow is definitely your color.

Destiny is looking so very moisturized in the twists. You are doing a fabulous job with your hair. Hairveda seems to be working quite well.

Dr. Oz knows talent when he sees it ... good luck!
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by mizcreativelyme 24th January 2011, 3:48 pm

lovin' the new avi ... beautiful sunny smile chica. nice up-do and down-do!
mizcreativelyme
mizcreativelyme

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 24th January 2011, 4:15 pm

Love your new avi and the twist updo is hot!
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 24th January 2011, 5:52 pm

WOW IB you are doing it over here. I see hairVeda is really working for Destiny!! Can you believe that I still haven't tried that line!! Shocked

I know!!! Well keep us posted on your video clip!!

TTYL
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 24th January 2011, 6:11 pm

Happy Monday IB!

Destiny looks beautiful. I love you in the yellow top and the orange one too. Pretty lady! Since I'm a little behind the times, what are all the Dr. Oz segments for?
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 25th January 2011, 1:28 pm

Hey IB! Your avi is so beautiful! Girl, you are about to be a Dr. Oz consultant! do it! That orange sweater is beautiful and very complimentary to you. Have a great day!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by summerbreeze76 25th January 2011, 11:09 pm

cute
summerbreeze76
summerbreeze76

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 28th January 2011, 4:51 am

HELLO DOLLS:

I just want to thank all of you for your kind words and support. (At work, I can't use the multiquote function to individualize my thank you responses. Crying or Very sad ) But thank you, I appreciate it. Very Happy

So Destiny is still pinned up. No change in that until next week, but for some reason I really want to do my hair on Monday. I will try to contain my anxiety until next Friday. Rolling Eyes

On to Dr Oz news.....
As you know I did a brifef video clip for them last week Saturday, well they emailed me back their reaction to it. THEY LOVE IT!! THEY SAID IT WAS FANASTIC! Shocked I find this shocking and exciting at the same time because I am no actress. It took me like 20 takes to get this little clip the way I wanted it. HARD WORK!!!
Well anyway, they said they will air it on FEB 4TH's show. And they want to have me back on again Shocked OK.............REALLY.............ARE YOU SERIOUS?..............AM I ON THE PAYROLL NOW Laughing

Anyway, mark it on your calender, FEB 4th DR OZ show. I believe it is a WATCH AND WIN show. Very short clip will be seen when the show goes to or comes from commerical breaks.

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND DOLLS dance

PS----The last appearance has nothing to do with the this video clip. They are totally different topics. This video clip is actually in direct relation to the prizes hubby and I got sitting in the audience the very first time we went on the show.

Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 28th January 2011, 4:52 am

TITLE CHANGE
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 28th January 2011, 1:30 pm

Love the new avi IB! I'm so happy to hear all this great news about you and the Dr. Oz show!
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 28th January 2011, 1:33 pm

you are becoming a regular huh? Good for you. i will be looking forward to seeing our very own movie star on feb 4th.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 28th January 2011, 7:10 pm

Congrats IB!!! I will def tune in to the show. All this from going to one show, huh? Amazing!
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by Kea::curls 29th January 2011, 3:38 pm

Hey IB!!! i've been taking the time to catch up &&& first of all, your hair is thriving! I have been trying out some pin up-do's myself for winter (i'm fighting the urge to take it down right now & play in my hair, too. lol) i watched your Dr. Oz clip & you look amazing, congrats on all your appearances w/the show...i feel like i know a celebrity Smile

http://public.fotki.com/KeaCurls/

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 3rd February 2011, 10:46 pm

CocaColaCutie wrote:Love the new avi IB! I'm so happy to hear all this great news about you and the Dr. Oz show!

thanks Smile

CrissyQ wrote:you are becoming a regular huh? Good for you. i will be looking forward to seeing our very own movie star on feb 4th.

Laughing it sure does seem that way Smile

FemmeFox wrote:Congrats IB!!! I will def tune in to the show. All this from going to one show, huh? Amazing!

thanks Smile

Kea wrote:Hey IB!!! i've been taking the time to catch up &&& first of all, your hair is thriving! I have been trying out some pin up-do's myself for winter (i'm fighting the urge to take it down right now & play in my hair, too. lol) i watched your Dr. Oz clip & you look amazing, congrats on all your appearances w/the show...i feel like i know a celebrity Smile

thanks Kea. So glad you came back. Smile
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 17 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next