CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics

+88
MissyCee
naturallynola
MrsSunshinz
Jupitarlove
juicypeach
funkyhairchic
misskris
jeanlouisangel
CurlyChefRobin
gemofacurlgirl
Hurricane Curly
freckledmom4
thetiffany
newcurlieque
naturalmommyGA
curly-me-naturally
cyclingchick
PaganWifey
WhosThatRedHead
Ebbz
gigihaitiancurly
BeautifullyImpurfekt
wyldhoney
Serenity23
blondie
mstokes2008
AfrikanLatina
nattyblog
Neems
Janet36603
tiffytaffey
traveljunkie08
natural83
Mangos&Bananas
free2Bme
BajanPrincess82
Lotusfairie
curlsunfurled
jcanalena79
carfi366
priceless
Notthecoolmom
MahoganyCurls
HappyCurly
Keisha
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
soleil
jlowman1
NhappyJackie
dajewel
iri9109
poeticlyspkng
swoodward
CrissyQ
Muz
BlondeByDesire
SisterBoyd
CurlsGalore
Pinkrage
NubieNatty
Lynnieluve
.:Eden:.
Nikcoils
bholmes87
exhale1913
QuietButterfly
CocaColaCutie
LaToya28
SheeTacular
DvaAuNaturel
LadyMika
MsJay1121
missmoriah
krazy coils
TheRYL1
CocoEuro
coilylove
ktoliver5303
Intelligentbeauty
mrsmackey
Curly_Aquarius
KinkyNappyHappy
coilykinks
Karyn
sweetdrk1
ChrsLvsBks
MellowOne
Juices-n-Berries
92 posters

Page 1 of 34 1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 34  Next

Go down

Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics Empty Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics

Post by Juices-n-Berries 3rd May 2010, 10:17 pm

DvaAuNaturel wrote:Your twists look great and love the hair name. Thanks for sharing your story.

~Dva

btw...you have great pics. don't ever worry about posting too many. Very Happy

Aww shucks. Ya'll are so great. Thanks Dva. Very Happy

Last edited by Juices-n-Berries on 27th March 2011, 5:47 pm; edited 50 times in total
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics Empty Re: Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics

Post by MellowOne 3rd May 2010, 10:29 pm

That is a great name Jnb
MellowOne
MellowOne

Back to top Go down

Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics Empty Re: Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics

Post by ChrsLvsBks 3rd May 2010, 10:45 pm

Beautiful name and so appropriate!

Keep the pictures coming. This is your page and you do what you want to do.

Looking great in new avatar!

I hope one of your CSJ ladies wins also. Going to check to see if I subscribed.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 3rd May 2010, 11:02 pm

Ok love the Avi!! Love the name! OOOO a give away, me likey!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Karyn 3rd May 2010, 11:20 pm

Cute twists, great story. But.....how do you pronounce the name? Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics Happy0138

I'm taking Italian, don't judge me LOL
Karyn
Karyn

Back to top Go down

Post by coilykinks 4th May 2010, 12:23 am

ok-JNB! Your name is very unique and I like it.

I also just love, love really love those twists. And since I am your lil sis-you must share with me from start to finish what products you used. I finally was able to do a set of twists that were decent enough for me to wear to work, and I am happy about that. And after seeing your pictures I know I have to keep practicing and per-fecting,
coilykinks
coilykinks

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 4th May 2010, 12:48 am

Both of my son's name begin with an X.. I have a thing about names, and I wanted their names to have character. Glad you found you name (can you break it down so we can sound it out) and it suits you!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly_Aquarius 4th May 2010, 12:52 am

Hi, JnB Love the name, the story and the twists:)
Curly_Aquarius
Curly_Aquarius

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsmackey 4th May 2010, 2:13 am

AWESOME vid!!! i could just cry..BUT..the hubby may get alarmed for randome tears sitting at the computer screen...with hair pics up...lol...

I really love your spirit..so calm...a youthful happiness. Not immaturity just HAPPY...awesome chick!
mrsmackey
mrsmackey

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 4th May 2010, 2:59 am

First of all, I am so impressed with you, pharma chick (my new name for you, like babylove Laughing ).

THAT NAME IS AWESOME cheers .
It is so fitting for you because I remember when you first BCed and how unsure you were about your look. You didn't own it, like you do now.
NOW, you are come out with these fierce pics, doing youtube videos, and on the front page of the CURLYNIIKI blog.

YOU GO GIRL!!! I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!!! dance

btw, love the new avi!!!
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by ktoliver5303 4th May 2010, 3:21 am

GREAT NAME HONEY!! It is very unique and fitting of you. your twists are bomb and you rocking it as usual. I swear when I wore my hair my twist NEVER came out right. I am learning a lot from you honey.
ktoliver5303
ktoliver5303

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 4th May 2010, 3:37 am

ChrsLvsBks wrote:Beautiful name and so appropriate!

Keep the pictures coming. This is your page and you do what you want to do.

Looking great in new avatar!

I hope one of your CSJ ladies wins also. Going to check to see if I subscribed.

Thanks Chrs. Please do! Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics Icon_biggrin

sweetdrk1 wrote:Ok love the Avi!! Love the name! OOOO a give away, me likey!!

Thanks sis!

Curly_Aquarius wrote:Hi, JnB Love the name, the story and the twists:)

Thanks!

mrsmackey wrote:AWESOME vid!!! i could just cry..BUT..the hubby may get alarmed for randome tears sitting at the computer screen...with hair pics up...lol...

I really love your spirit..so calm...a youthful happiness. Not immaturity just HAPPY...awesome chick!

Thanks so much. I really appreciate that. Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics Icon_smile

coilykinks wrote:ok-JNB! Your name is very unique and I like it.

I
also just love, love really love those twists. And since I am your lil
sis-you must share with me from start to finish what products you used. I
finally was able to do a set of twists that were decent enough for me
to wear to work, and I am happy about that. And after seeing your
pictures I know I have to keep practicing and per-fecting,

So, I actually did a wash and go the night before. I made large sections and applied Afroveda Curl Define. Then in smaller sections I applied the Pur Whipped Gelly. I didn't really care for the wash and go. There was entirely too much shrinkage. It's definitely not KCCC. So the next day I twisted. Because my hair was heavy with product, I didn't really need to apply any. I sprayed just a bit a water to make the hair more pliable. On sections I felt particularly dry I applied more of the Curl Define to the ends. I like the consistency of the Curl Define much better than the Totally Twisted. I think I may try it alone for my next set of twists.

Karyn wrote:Cute twists, great story. But.....how do you pronounce
the name? Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics Happy0138

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Both of my son's name begin with an X.. I have
a thing about names, and I wanted their names to have character. Glad
you found you name (can you break it down so we can sound it out) and it
suits you!! KNH

Sure! It's pronounced Zal-vah-door-ah
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 4th May 2010, 3:41 am

Intelligentbeauty wrote:First of all, I am so impressed with you, pharma chick (my new name for you, like babylove Laughing ).

THAT NAME IS AWESOME cheers .
It is so fitting for you because I remember when you first BCed and how unsure you were about your look. You didn't own it, like you do now.
NOW, you are come out with these fierce pics, doing youtube videos, and on the front page of the CURLYNIIKI blog.

YOU GO GIRL!!! I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!!! dance

btw, love the new avi!!!

Thanks IB! It means so much to me to hear you say that. Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics Herz

ktoliver5303 wrote:GREAT NAME HONEY!! It is very unique and fitting of you. your twists are bomb and you rocking it as usual. I swear when I wore my hair my twist NEVER came out right. I am learning a lot from you honey.

Thanks. I'm so glad I could be of help. Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics Icon_smile
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by Karyn 4th May 2010, 3:45 am

Juices-n-Berries wrote:
the name? Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics Happy0138

Sounds pretty Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics Icon_smile
Karyn
Karyn

Back to top Go down

Post by coilylove 4th May 2010, 3:55 am

JnB

I'm new to posting but wanted to tell you that I love the name and meaning behind it...just to let you know you are one of my hair inspirations!
coilylove
coilylove

Back to top Go down

Post by CocoEuro 4th May 2010, 4:44 am

J&B, I love the name of your hair!!! and I had no clue you had a contest on YT!!!!
CocoEuro
CocoEuro

http://naturalcurlykinks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 4th May 2010, 4:46 am

Karyn wrote:
Juices-n-Berries wrote:

Sounds pretty Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics Icon_smile

Thanks Karyn. Speaking of pronunciations. Do you pronounce your name like Karen or Karin?

coilylove wrote:JnB

I'm new to posting but wanted to tell you that I love the name and meaning behind it...just to let you know you are one of my hair inspirations!

WOW! That truly made my day. I am so glad that I could inspire someone. This is what it's all about. I feel so much love on CSJ right now. Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics Herz
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 4th May 2010, 4:47 am

cocoeuro wrote:J&B, I love the name of your hair!!! and I had no clue you had a contest on YT!!!!

Thanks! And yep, you could be a winner!
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 4th May 2010, 6:37 am

Hey JNB...your hair's name is great...so fitting! :-)

I have subscribed...will be checking for your videos.

And...I, too, had to learn to accept a compliment with just a simple THANK YOU! No background story, no "this old thing"...just Thank You and a smile. Currently, I think I'm shocked by compliments because I'm just prepared to accept the ridicule. Does that make sense? But, I'm getting used to the compliments my hair receives!
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 4th May 2010, 12:23 pm

TheRYL1 wrote:Hey JNB...your hair's name is great...so fitting! :-)

And...I, too, had to learn to accept a compliment with just a simple THANK YOU! No background story, no "this old thing"...just Thank You and a smile. Currently, I think I'm shocked by compliments because I'm just prepared to accept the ridicule. Does that make sense? But, I'm getting used to the compliments my hair receives!

It totally makes sense. I was a bit hesitant too when I first BCed. N I feared how people would react, guys particularly. But for the most part, I've had positive feedback.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 4th May 2010, 12:25 pm

Lovely and exotic name for your hair!! I will check out your You tube channel later today.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 4th May 2010, 12:31 pm

Juices-n-Berries wrote:

It totally makes sense. I was a bit hesitant too when I first BCed. N I feared how people would react, guys particularly. But for the most part, I've had positive feedback.
Now, it does not matter...what I feel about me...how you feel about you...THAT'S ALL THAT MATTERS! The sky is the limit for you JNB...don't ever think different! ;-)
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 4th May 2010, 12:32 pm

krazy coils wrote:Lovely and exotic name for your hair!! I will check out your You tube channel later today.

Thanks!
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by missmoriah 4th May 2010, 12:32 pm

Hey Hey JuicesNberries! your hair is wonderful and the name is so fitting. I have to agree with everyone else. Isn't it amazing how we as women feel more self conscious of ourself in front of men. I find myself doing the same thing. A man in the gas station was staring me up and down and then commented on how he like my hair. and i go really are you serious? I dont know why i said that because I like my hair and I think its fly so what I really should have said was Thank you. I know. LOL
missmoriah
missmoriah

http://xmarvelousme.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 4th May 2010, 12:42 pm

TheRYL1 wrote:
Juices-n-Berries wrote:

Now, it does not matter...what I feel about me...how you feel about you...THAT'S ALL THAT MATTERS! The sky is the limit for you JNB...don't ever think different! ;-)

missmoriahiscurly wrote:Hey Hey JuicesNberries! your hair is wonderful and the name is so fitting. I have to agree with everyone else. Isn't it amazing how we as women feel more self conscious of ourself in front of men. I find myself doing the same thing. A man in the gas station was staring me up and down and then commented on how he like my hair. and i go really are you serious? I dont know why i said that because I like my hair and I think its fly so what I really should have said was Thank you. I know. LOL

Thanks ladies. At the end of the day, on you can validate yourself... or not...
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 34 1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 34  Next