CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen

+52
jazzwife
tiashaunteƩ
Kea::curls
mizcreativelyme
DreamMerchant
FemmeFox
priceless
LadyMika
summerbreeze76
juicypeach
CiaE
AfricanaCurly
thetiffany
Madeaj
dajewel
jeanlouisangel
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
Freestyles
funkyhairchic
LaToya28
PaganWifey
mrsmackey
wyldhoney
NhappyJackie
Serenity23
AfrikanLatina
swoodward
CocaColaCutie
Nikcoils
NubieNatty
QuietButterfly
Lynnieluve
jlowman1
Muz
nattyblog
traveljunkie08
poeticlyspkng
ChrsLvsBks
BlondeByDesire
TheRYL1
SheeTacular
bholmes87
CrissyQ
CurlsGalore
krazy coils
CocoEuro
MellowOne
Juices-n-Berries
Intelligentbeauty
sweetdrk1
KinkyNappyHappy
DvaAuNaturel
56 posters

Page 7 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 17  Next

Go down

IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen - Page 7 Empty Re: IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen

Post by CocaColaCutie 7th December 2010, 3:43 pm

Great news IB! I will stay tuned for air dates on the show. I don't get to catch it often, but if I know when to tune in I'll do my best!
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen - Page 7 Empty Re: IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen

Post by ChrsLvsBks 8th December 2010, 9:06 pm

How exciting? Two days of shooting for Dr. Oz. I look forward to watching it.

My vote is a cinnabun to show off your beautiful facial features.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by funkyhairchic 9th December 2010, 12:39 am

Awww!!! Check you out, twin! That is awesome news!!! I can't wait to check it out! I like the cinnabun hair, too! Show off that pretty face and spice it up with some fab accessories! Congrats on your big break, chica!
funkyhairchic
funkyhairchic

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 9th December 2010, 12:43 am

That is awesome! Congrats!
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 9th December 2010, 9:42 am

hahahaha we watch dr. oz FAITHFULLY while im at work!! cant wait to see u on there cuz im gonna stand up n shout THATS MY CURLY SISTER!!! bounce

ur looking GOOOD girl and yes...what were the prizes....
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 11th December 2010, 9:24 am

HELLLOOOOOO Ladies,

I am back to report that it was really fun being on the set of the Dr Oz show. I, as well as the other 3 women that were chosen, felt like celebrities. From the car pick ups and drop offs to the hair and makeup (hum...but no one touched my hair Very Happy ), waredrobe and the green room with refreshments. It was all very exciting.

Destiny's tv debut was a spiral set. (My first one since going natural, may I add----------I am so darn daring sometimes Laughing ) But it came out great. I was extremely pleased with it. I just followed youtube PRETTYDIMPLES01 SPIRAL SET ON NATURAL HAIR for the technique and VOILA!!! SUCCESS!!
NATURAL HAIR CAN DO ANYTHING RELAXED HAIR CAN DO AND MORE, FOR SURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! afro

My process started 3 days prior to the show. I prepooed with Tresemme Moisture Rich condish and Vataki oil under a cap for 24 hours. Then the next day rinsed out and shampoo my scalp with my tea tree castille soap. For my DC, I mixed 1 tsp of maka, 1 tsp Brahmi, and a new condish for me, Oyin Honey Hemp condish.----I like this combo. I DC under a cap for about 12 hours then rinsed and big tooth comb detangled. Hair felt soft through this whole 3 day process.
THE PROBLEM: my youngest son refuse to go to sleep at his normal hour and went to bed 2 hours past his time Crying or Very sad (WHY, WHY,WHY). So I started rolling my hair with rod and mesh rollers late and had to end up leaving the top for the next day. The whole process was a 2 day process of just rolling my hair. Also because my hair is highly coily in the back. That took me the longest and getting though the ssk Sad . My arms were burning me. (ONLY FOR NATIONAL TV Laughing ) Anyway, I ended up sleeping in those darn rollers Evil or Very Mad OUCH!!!
But the next morning, when it was show time. I unraveled and separated with grapeseed oil and WOW!! I was truly impressed with Destiny. Hair was soft, had great hold and shine.

So my suggestions on a spiral set style:
-Loosed curled naturals should not have a hard time with this style. This is not to discourgaed tightly coily sistas. It is just a precaution. But I believe every natural should try every style at least once, imo.
-start rolling your loose curls first ---for me that was the front.
-roll small sections of hair at a time
-roll in the direction you want the curls to fall
-use a holding cream or soln (ex lottabody----------i used Jessicurl confident coils holding cream)
-be extremely patient

IB, WILL YOU DO THIS STYLE AGAIN?
Answer: YES, but only with the back and sides pulled up from the begining so I just have to deal with the top. But no time soon.............lol.

I will post a link to FB for you to see the pics.

OH, I almost forgot. AIRDATE FOR THE SHOW WILL BE DEC 17TH.

HAVE A GREAT DAY DOLLS!!! I WILL BE BACK SOON WITH THE LINK TO PICS.
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 11th December 2010, 9:27 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJE-a9U7iS8
I can't edit my own quotes........smh. Here is the link to PRETTYDIMPLES01 SPIRAL SET
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 11th December 2010, 10:45 am

Marking my calendar now and also setting my DVR.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 11th December 2010, 11:46 am

Congrats! Keep us posted, I will be sure to tune in.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 11th December 2010, 12:11 pm

Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by funkyhairchic 11th December 2010, 12:45 pm

Twinkie! You are always inspiring me to try some new styles! Your hair looks fluffy and light! I just love it! I think I'll try this for my New Year's style when I go back to work! Thanks for sharing it! It's beautiful!!!
funkyhairchic
funkyhairchic

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 11th December 2010, 12:53 pm

Your spiralset is gorgeous in the pic!
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 11th December 2010, 1:08 pm

krazy coils wrote:Your spiralset is gorgeous in the pic!
What she said! I am going to look at the vid now! Thanks!

Ok so you didn't sit under the dryer?
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 11th December 2010, 8:56 pm

ill be at work that day so ill definitely be tuning in...entertainment on chez whitey time **evil laugh** MWWAAAHAHAHAAA!!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by CocoEuro 11th December 2010, 9:51 pm

Intelligentbeauty wrote:HEY EVERYONE,

I am loving everyone's new avi..................BEAUTIFUL!!

Great news: I was called to be on the Dr Oz show. This happened because I took my hubby to a Dr Oz show about 2 months ago. (HE LOVES DR OZ). They emailed all the guests and asked who wanted to be on a segment and if so email a pic with info. So I emailed my pic with info and was chosen. They unfortunately had to cut my segment and I just ended up as a studio audience member with my hubby, which was fine. I wanted to be with him anyway. It was a terrific show, where we recieved 10 prizes total.
Well last week I recieved a call from the woman, who I was corresponding with on the show. She explained she really wanted to use me on a segement on an upcoming show. I told her "YES! When?" She explained that it would be a 2 day shoot. Then we proceeded to make transportation arrangements to NYC and back home again. So last Thursday, was the first "field run" in a supermarket with 3 other women. It was so much fun. Then this Thursday is the studio appearance. I am so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Anywho, the segment I am in will be about supervalue food. I don't know the air time yet. But I will keep you posted.

So now for Destiny, I am thinking about a spiral/roller set but then I was thinking about blowing her out and creating a cinnabun or twist out.

Any suggestions??????????????????????????

How cool!!!
CocoEuro
CocoEuro

http://naturalcurlykinks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 12th December 2010, 1:53 am

Thanks everyone.

LMBO @ Nubie Laughing

Ok so after posting my pics on facebook. I got alot of questions and realized I left some details out.

Here are my steps for a spiral set:
1) wash and condition hair
2)plopped with t-shirt for like 5 mins just to absorb the water
3) added Giovanni direct leave condish to my entire hair
4)sectioned off small sections of hair at a time adding a little more giovanni direct leave in condish, if necessary. Followed by Jessicurls confident coils soln then followed by Giovanni frizz be gone serum (has silicones)
5) rolled hair from one end of the rod or mesh rollers to the other (see prettydimples01 video for that)
6) roll the way you want the curls to fall
7)air dry overnight or under hood dryer---(I airdried for 2 nights instead of 1 night only because I wasn't able to finish rolling until the next day Shocked) Also my hair air dries fast.
8)unravel carefully in the spiral motion so not to lose the shape of the curls
9)then apply grapeseed oil or another light oil to fingers and separate the curls in two. Re-curling with fingers in the direction of the curl as you go along.

To protect at night, one can gently scrunch into a ball being carefully to tuck all ends in, or re-roll with fingers or pin curl. Then place protective cap over top. I had 2 protective caps: one for the front and one for the back of my head...... Laughing

This style can be changed if you don't feel like doing your whole head. Pull it all up in a pony then spiral curl it or pull up the back and /or sides then spiral curl it. There are many options. But you must have patience and work in small sections at a time. I used mesh and rod rollers. Rod around the face and mesh on top and mixed in the back. (I actually used up both sets Laughing NOW THAT IS ALOT OF HAIR!!) I did find that over time the rod sets hold better than the mesh roller sections.

CHARACTERISTICS OF DESTINY:
-- loose to tight coiled from front to back
--thick hair ---meaning lot of strands
--hair strands themselves are fine to medium course going from front to back
--dries fast

I HOPE ALL THAT HELPS. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ASK ME QUESTIONS!! LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU GALS TRY THIS!! bounce
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 12th December 2010, 1:59 am

Very thorough steps!!! Thanks!!!

Got my DVR set for Dr Oz!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 12th December 2010, 2:18 am

Thank you!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 12th December 2010, 3:07 am

YOUR SO WELCOME!! Very Happy
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 12th December 2010, 3:08 am

TITLE CHANGE
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 12th December 2010, 12:27 pm

Great instructions ...
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 12th December 2010, 12:51 pm

Thanks for the spiral set steps, very thorough!
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 12th December 2010, 5:19 pm

Hey IB! Saw the spiral set on FB and LOVED it! Looks beautiful! I know ou and Destiny showed up and out on Dr. Oz! Can't wait to see!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 12th December 2010, 9:00 pm

Gorgeous spiral set!
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 13th December 2010, 1:13 am

Thanks ladies Very Happy
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 17  Next