CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

QuietButterfly :-) More Pics & New YT Channel!!

+32
cyclingchick
thetiffany
WhosThatRedHead
MEGAFAITH
Juices-n-Berries
jlowman1
CocaColaCutie
wyldhoney
mstokes2008
CrissyQ
Ebbz
TheRYL1
poeticlyspkng
nattyblog
Keisha
CurlsGalore
AfrikanLatina
MellowOne
Nikcoils
priceless
ChrsLvsBks
krazy coils
bholmes87
Curly_Aquarius
SheeTacular
KinkyNappyHappy
Intelligentbeauty
Lynnieluve
NubieNatty
sweetdrk1
crvng4mr
QuietButterfly
36 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

QuietButterfly :-)  More Pics & New YT Channel!! Empty QuietButterfly :-) Mini Twists COMPLETED!! Pics Posted

Post by QuietButterfly 2nd May 2010, 5:08 pm

So I saw that the Curl Street Journal is up and running, so I decided I should come on by and get started before Lynnieluve, the CSJ Enforcement Officer, starts hitting me and some of the other ladies on her list over the head with wide tooth combs and denman brushes, LOL......so here goes....

I got my first perm when I was in the 6th grade. I was never really regular with getting touch-ups, so I would go 4 to 6 months without going to the salon. The last time I got a touch up it had been over 6 months since my last one, so the stylist thought she needed to leave it on extra long, to knock all that kink out. OMG, I was sitting in the chair trying to remain calm because my scalp was on fire!!! I had to ask somebody to go find the stylist because I couldn't take it anymore. A little while after that experience I decided that I would not be perming my hair ever again. I transitioned for a year and half and became fully natural in June 2003. I was in my junior year of college at that time so I decided that during finals week I would wear my hair "out". So I wet my hair, tried to tie it back with a headband (which really wasn't working, lol) and went to take my finals. I got so many crazy looks and was so uncomfortable with my hair, that I came home and blow dried and straightened my hair......and I've been doing it ever since.

So in June of last year after 6 years of hot combing and flat ironing, I got in the shower one night, wet my hair, twisted it up and went to sleep. When I got up the next morning and looked in the mirror I was a little shocked, so I went to show my sister (she's also natural) and she started laughing because she couldn't believe that I actually did it, but she helped me twist out my hair and style it in a way that I would be comfortable. I haven't touched a hot comb or flat iron since then. I like it. I've never styled my hair so much before in my life. When my hair was straight, it was just straight, I never really did anything with it. I'm always doing something to my hair now and I love it!

I'm excited to be here and hopefully this will help me reach some of my hair goals.

I'll be back later, to hopefully post some pictures. I'm about to do some dry twists QuietButterfly :-)  More Pics & New YT Channel!! Icon_cheers

Later ladies!!

Last edited by QuietButterfly on 4th July 2010, 12:25 am; edited 3 times in total
QuietButterfly
QuietButterfly

Back to top Go down

QuietButterfly :-)  More Pics & New YT Channel!! Empty Re: QuietButterfly :-) More Pics & New YT Channel!!

Post by crvng4mr 2nd May 2010, 5:17 pm

Can't wait to see some pics!
crvng4mr
crvng4mr

Back to top Go down

QuietButterfly :-)  More Pics & New YT Channel!! Empty Re: QuietButterfly :-) More Pics & New YT Channel!!

Post by sweetdrk1 2nd May 2010, 7:36 pm

LOL I would never hit anyone with a wide tooth comb *sliding my comb in my purse* Welcome to Curl Street!! I can't wait to enjoy your natural ride!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by QuietButterfly 2nd May 2010, 11:50 pm

@ Sweet, thanks for the welcome. You're the deputy enforcement officer, don't try and hide your weapon, lol.

I just finished twisting my hair and it looks shorter QuietButterfly :-)  More Pics & New YT Channel!! Icon_pale This past week was not a good hair week for me, I tried to do a chunky twist out and it just never really worked, lol.......it always came out looking like a dry fro.

I'm gonna attempt to post some pics of my twist in a little bit, but in the meantime I've got a question. How do you prevent your hair from knotting up?? Also, how do you stop your hair from snap, cracking and popping while detangling??
QuietButterfly
QuietButterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 3rd May 2010, 12:11 am

WELCOME QB!! love the story, i love seein all u newbies around here. ur gonna have sucha blast!

ur twist are probably experiencing shrinkage...sweet knows ALLLLL about that. my twist normally do it to when i twist on wet hair. sometimes i like to do dry twist cuz it gives it more length n volume. dont worry about ur chunky twist not turning out the way u like em yet...practice...practice n more practice!!

im still learning how to prevent knots but i mainly get them when i wear my hair out too much. if im rockin a twist out i can pretty much calculate i'll have knots after Day 3 IF i dont retwist every night. also, try slathering condish on for detangling sessions in the showers and use a wide tooth comb! that always helps me.
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 3rd May 2010, 12:33 am

**putting my modified denman brush and shower comb away**

Hey Quietbutterfly!!! I'm so glad you joined us!! You guys are making this so easy for me, Sweet and Nubie!! We didnt have to chase you down....there are only three more people's name on the list that hasnt started a thread yet. We'll give them until tomorrow evening....after that, there will be a curly warrant out for there arrest. QuietButterfly :-)  More Pics & New YT Channel!! Icon_lol

As for your twist/twist outs, what products are you using?
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 3rd May 2010, 12:35 am

WELCOME AND HAVE FUN HERE!!

WHAT A BEAUTIFUL CURLY NAME YOU HAVE!!! Very Happy
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by QuietButterfly 3rd May 2010, 2:22 am

Thanks so much for the warm welcome ladies!!

@ Nubie - you're definitely right, I wore my hair out for 2 weeks QuietButterfly :-)  More Pics & New YT Channel!! Icon_eek I should not have done that, but I fell off my twisting routine, I'm back on it now though. I always dry twist my hair, unless I'm gonna twist out the very next day, but it was kind of warm today, so I think I gotta a little hot before I started twisting, which probably caused some shrinkage.

@ Lynnie - I used Miss Jessies Curly Buttercreme for the twists I just did and I sealed my ends with a mix of castor, jojoba and peppermint oil. As for my chunky twist out that didn't quite hold, I cowashed with Trader Joes conditioner then twisted with MJ Baby Buttercreme. My hair was so dry in the morning when I woke up, some of the twists were undone, it was mess, I seriously looked like Jerome from Martin.

Ok, here are some pics of my dry twists I did today:

QuietButterfly :-)  More Pics & New YT Channel!! Img_1111
QuietButterfly
QuietButterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by QuietButterfly 3rd May 2010, 2:27 am

Here's another pic. I'm having trouble posting multiple pics at once

QuietButterfly :-)  More Pics & New YT Channel!! Img_1112
QuietButterfly
QuietButterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by QuietButterfly 3rd May 2010, 2:45 am

Ok, one more time, lol

QuietButterfly :-)  More Pics & New YT Channel!! Img_1113
QuietButterfly
QuietButterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 3rd May 2010, 3:23 am

vERY PRETTY. GOOD JOB!!! Very Happy
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 3rd May 2010, 3:47 am

hold up..... QuietButterfly :-)  More Pics & New YT Channel!! Lol @ jerome from martin!!! awww dmn, im crackin up over here. i LOOOOOOVE my martin now. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE the next time u get jerome results...take a pic to satisfy my humor!!

**wearing MCM shorts w/tube socks n penny loafers***
Awwww gurl..**showing gold toofasus** junk in dee turuuuunk!!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by QuietButterfly 3rd May 2010, 10:24 am

@ Nubie - LMAO, lol I love love love Martin too!!! ****I say Jeromes in the house, I say Jeromes in the house, look at the white shoes, look at the white shoes, break it down, in the house, in ya mouth, watch ya mouth, without a doubt, shake it on down, watch ya mouth!!!**** LOL, I love that show, one of my friends and I actually dressed up as Jerome on a random weekend back when I was college, then proceeded to challenge some of the guys on the basketball team to a game, LOL, it was too funny. Anywho, I'll definitely take some pics next time I look Jerome-ish.

@ IB - thank you girl!!

Since I figured out how to post multiple pics, I wanted to share my "before" twists picture with you all:

QuietButterfly :-)  More Pics & New YT Channel!! Img_1117

and another after pic:

QuietButterfly :-)  More Pics & New YT Channel!! Img_1118
QuietButterfly
QuietButterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 3rd May 2010, 10:29 am

Those twist look really good. I've twisted on slightly damp to almost dry hair before but never on dry hair. I may have to give it a try one day.

Dont forget to come back with the pin up do!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 3rd May 2010, 1:17 pm

Welcome Quitebutterfly:

I finally made it over here. I enjoyed reading your story. My friend Angela's hair looks a lot like yours. She has some awesome twists and twists out styles. One day we were at her house for a jewerly party, and she asked if anyone wanted to help her twist her hair.

Can I say the party was over!!! We got out of there so fast!!! QuietButterfly :-)  More Pics & New YT Channel!! Lol

Anyway...I do have a quetion for you. How do you twist your hair dry? What I mean is do you allow your hair to dry then add conditioner; or do you apply conditioner wait until your hair is damp and begin to twist; or do you apply conditioner to each section as you begin to twist on dry or damp hair? QuietButterfly :-)  More Pics & New YT Channel!! Confused

I'm sorry for so many questions, but I am so trying to get this twist style down!! **sigh**

Glad you're here, and I look so forward to enjoying this journey with you!! QuietButterfly :-)  More Pics & New YT Channel!! Icon_biggrin

Be Blessed!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 3rd May 2010, 1:45 pm

Welcome!!
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly_Aquarius 3rd May 2010, 2:44 pm

QB how's it going are you getting the hang of it too??
Curly_Aquarius
Curly_Aquarius

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 3rd May 2010, 2:48 pm

LOVE the twists QB!!! What did you use to twist? They look awesome cheers
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by QuietButterfly 4th May 2010, 12:02 am

Thanks for stopping by to see me KNH and Shee!!!

@ KNH and bholmes- now why didn't you help your friend twist her hair?? LOL, that is funny though. Ok, I'm gonna try and answer your questions, lol.....I twist my hair totally dry. Prettydimples01 (on youtube) has a nice video demonstration on how she does it. As for me, after washing, conditioning and deep conditioning my hair, I apply a leave-in conditioner and let my hair air dry a little for about 45 minutes. I then apply some grapeseed oil and blow dry my hair, on the low heat setting, section by section. I use Miss Jessies Curly Buttercreme to twist my hair. I just apply a little buttercreme to each piece of hair and start twisting. I seal my ends with a mixture of castor, jojoba and peppermint oil. I used to apply a little water to my ends to help them curl back up, but this time I just twirled them around my finger and the twist curled right up. I hope that helped to answer your questions KNH QuietButterfly :-)  More Pics & New YT Channel!! Icon_biggrin

I like twisting on dry hair because it shows off more of my length. I'm really not comfortable with my hair in its shruken state yet.

@Curly Aquarius - I think I'm getting the hang of it, how you doing??

I pinned my twists up, left some down in the back, but its nothing super cute or spectacular, just basic. Here's a pic:

QuietButterfly :-)  More Pics & New YT Channel!! Img_1119

QuietButterfly :-)  More Pics & New YT Channel!! Img_1120
QuietButterfly
QuietButterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 4th May 2010, 1:05 pm

Twists look great.
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 4th May 2010, 1:41 pm

Love your twists! How long do you plan to leave them in?
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by QuietButterfly 4th May 2010, 3:03 pm

Thanks Shee amd Krazy coils!!

I'm gonna leave these in for 2 weeks, then hopefully rock a twist out for a few days, and twist back up. When I wear my twist out for too long I end up with all these knots and tangles in my hair, so I'm gonna try and do a twist out for 3 to 4 days max, then twist right back up. Hopefully that will help me to gain some length.
QuietButterfly
QuietButterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 20th May 2010, 8:33 am

Hey QB...

It been about two week since you did your twists and I was checking on you to see how your twist out turned out!!

Hope all has been well with your curls. I've been kinda busy with getting everyone settled with then end of school, but I want to check and see if you guys sell T-Cakes. I think that would ship well. Let me know.

Check with you later!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 21st May 2010, 1:38 pm

Yeah what she^^^ said.
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

Back to top Go down

Post by QuietButterfly 9th June 2010, 8:01 pm

Hey KNH and Shee.....as you can see I haven't checked my journal in a while, sorry for taking so long to respond QuietButterfly :-)  More Pics & New YT Channel!! Icon_surprised Didn't know I had any visitors......

Anywho, KNH my twist out was nice, since then I've probably retwisted twice......I twisted out this past Friday after rod setting my twists (like Kimmaytube from YT)......it really turned out cute. The result is my new avi, but later Friday I got caught in the rain, so it immediately started to puff and frizz, but it made for a cute puff for the rest of the weekend.

I should have washed my hair and re-twisted Monday, but I just did some chunky twists instead.......story of my life, lol, I never wash my hair when I should......I gotta get better.

I'm approaching my 1 year mark without any flat ironing or straightening and I can count the times I've used a blow dryer on 1 hand, so I'm pretty happy about that. QuietButterfly :-)  More Pics & New YT Channel!! Icon_cheers I don't know the exact date, but I know its late June.

@KNH - no we don't make T-cakes, I'm sorry :-( .....the only items we're able to ship are the pies, cheesecake and cookies.
QuietButterfly
QuietButterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next