CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen

+52
jazzwife
tiashaunteƩ
Kea::curls
mizcreativelyme
DreamMerchant
FemmeFox
priceless
LadyMika
summerbreeze76
juicypeach
CiaE
AfricanaCurly
thetiffany
Madeaj
dajewel
jeanlouisangel
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
Freestyles
funkyhairchic
LaToya28
PaganWifey
mrsmackey
wyldhoney
NhappyJackie
Serenity23
AfrikanLatina
swoodward
CocaColaCutie
Nikcoils
NubieNatty
QuietButterfly
Lynnieluve
jlowman1
Muz
nattyblog
traveljunkie08
poeticlyspkng
ChrsLvsBks
BlondeByDesire
TheRYL1
SheeTacular
bholmes87
CrissyQ
CurlsGalore
krazy coils
CocoEuro
MellowOne
Juices-n-Berries
Intelligentbeauty
sweetdrk1
KinkyNappyHappy
DvaAuNaturel
56 posters

Page 9 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 17  Next

Go down

IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen - Page 9 Empty Re: IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen

Post by Intelligentbeauty 27th December 2010, 7:52 am

HELLO DOLLS,

I hope everyone had a splendid Christmas complete with family, friends, food and fun all in celebration of the birth of Christ.

My Christmas was very nice. My boys and I made a birthday cake for Jesus. I am not a baker, but they insisted. "It is the day we celebrate his birthday, after all. So we should bake a cake" declared my oldest boy..... Laughing . So we made the cake on Christmas eve then on Christmas day everyone had dry cereal (no milk) and a slice of Jesus cake....... Laughing . Only after singing happy birthday, lighting 1 candle, and praying. Then the gifts were exchanged....it was a memory and a beginning of a new tradition in our home cheers .

As for holiday hair, Destiny loves KBB products. I used the Locious Locs Mask for deep condition after rinsing out the henna. My strands melted once applied. But my hair is so thick the sample 4 oz bottle wasnt enough... Laughing . I like to apply it like a perm. So I ended up using Oyin honey hemp condition for the very top and front. (Destiny loves that too). I left the DC in for 24 hours then rinsed and began to twist. I immediatley noticed that I have some serious shrinkage.......... Rolling Eyes (when your hair is hidden for 2 weeks at a time you tend to forget...lol). The hair was healthy, shiny, and soft. I applied the KBB hair nectar as a leave in and my girlfriend's hair butter for the ends. I tried the Naptural85 method of twisting but it was so hard to do. My curls are so tight in the back and it was so tiring reaching back there to twist (sigh). It came out ok for Christmas. I ended up the next day putting 2 french braids in my hair to prepare for the snow storm.

I have come to realize, I love my hair in updos. It just looks so pretty and low maintance for at least 2 solid weeks. So I will be unraveling these french braids this week and doing a Glazami (spell check), youtuber, twisted bun. Hopefully, that will last until next week.

That is all for now.
HAVE A HAPPY NEW YEAR DOLLS! dance SEE YOU IN THE NEW YEAR!! afro
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen - Page 9 Empty Re: IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 27th December 2010, 9:00 am

Hey IB...

I have a question...dry cereal? Is there a reason why you didn't give those babies any milk with their cereal? LOL I'm just a little bit curious about that one.. Very Happy

I hope you took pictures...that is a very nice family tradition!!

As I was reading what you are now using on your hair, I almost...almost checked KBN site!!! I'm like I really don't need another conditioner, but I really could try out her deep conditioner since I'm out of my beloved Darcy!! LOL

Anyway....wishing you and your family a Happy New Year!!! Be safe and I'll be checking on you next year!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 27th December 2010, 10:20 am

Hey KNH,

One of my son's does not drink dairy. So we decided that we will all have dry cereal just to be in unity (korny, I know.... Laughing ).

Even though KBN is good. I haven't tried her condish yet. I used KBB, Karen's Beautiful Body products in the above text. Smile

Thank you for the well wishes I love you
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 27th December 2010, 10:25 am

Intelligentbeauty wrote:Hey KNH,

One of my son's does not drink dairy. So we decided that we will all have dry cereal just to be in unity (korny, I know.... Laughing ).

That's sooo sweet, not korny at all.

Even though KBN is good. I haven't tried her condish yet. I used KBB, Karen's Beautiful Body products in the above text. Smile

Oh...okay (reading too fast) I've used her (KBB) deep conditioner and it is a good one, but Darcy's came out on top...plus it's a bit cheaper.

Thank you for the well wishes I love you

You are most welcome....... I love you
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 27th December 2010, 10:35 am

Happy New Year - IB.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by CocoEuro 28th December 2010, 8:26 am

Happy Holidays!! Looking forward to seeing your updo pics!!
CocoEuro
CocoEuro

http://naturalcurlykinks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 28th December 2010, 11:28 am

I love the new tradition! I am also happy the holidays went well! I went to the meet up link and I am excited! I can't wait to meet you! cheers
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 30th December 2010, 12:46 pm

Happy New Year IB!!!

I tried to friend you on Facebook so look for me! Your pics are quite amazing and inspirational!

BTW, I dvr'd Dr Oz on 1/7. Can't wait...
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 4th January 2011, 9:24 am

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

I got an email yesterday from the dr oz show that the 5 dollar friday show will air this friday, Jan 7th. I am so excited bounce

I also have my first natural hair meet up this saturday!!! I hoping the snow doesn't ruin it Crying or Very sad .

Destiny has been in a Glamazini inspired bun for 2 weeks(will post pics later). Since I have been using the BEE MINE HAIR SERUM, I have been able to go 2 weeks until wash day without itchiness or dryness cheers . I look forward to wash day because I get to see my hair..lol. (I miss it in those 2 weeks.)

I will try KBN conditioner or Hairveda this Friday. (not sure which yet scratch ). Also undecided on a roller set style, twisted updo, or wash n go to show off curls for meetup. The weather will determine which one I choose. Rolling Eyes

Lastly, I am back on my fitness grind. I will dedicate this time to body and mind conditioning. I feel I am physically out of shape and mentally overwhelmed study . Both will benefit from exercise.

Anyway, that is all for now.
Have a great week dolls flower AND REMEMBER YOU HAVE THE ABILITY TO MAKE IT A GREAT ONE!!!

Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 4th January 2011, 9:25 am

OH, I JUST REALIZED I AM 10 MONTHS WITHOUT THOSE RELAXED ENDS.
YAYAYYAYAYAYYY Very Happy cheers dance
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 4th January 2011, 11:46 am

Intelligentbeauty wrote:OH, I JUST REALIZED I AM 10 MONTHS WITHOUT THOSE RELAXED ENDS.
YAYAYYAYAYAYYY Very Happy cheers dance
cheers woot! dance
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 4th January 2011, 12:04 pm

Congrats on 10 month anniversary ... we moving right along

Also - this serves as a reminder to set up DVR to record Dr. Oz.

BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 5th January 2011, 7:31 am

Hey IB,
Happy New Year! I love the way you and your family started your Christmas celebration...truly, truly in the spirit of the season. And a new tradition to boot.

Can't wait to see pics of the updos. I had some Oyin Honey Hemp around and I'm trying to use it up. I really forgot how much my hair likes it. It disappears in my hair, instead of just sitting on top of my hair, and my hair feels great afterwards.

I'll be checking out Dr. Oz this Friday. You've piqued my interest.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 5th January 2011, 7:32 am

BTW, Congrats on 10 months natural and relaxer free!!!! dance run woot!
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 5th January 2011, 9:12 am

Thanks ladies.
I forgot all about posting pics yesterday. Rolling Eyes
I will try to remember today Embarassed
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 5th January 2011, 10:08 am

I have my DVR set!!! I can't wait to see pics of Destiny!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 5th January 2011, 4:30 pm

Hey IB! Happy New year to you & yours!
cheers For the beginning of a holiday traditon...they'll remember that more than any gift! :-)

I can't wait to see Destiny...I know she is thriving!
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 5th January 2011, 8:42 pm

what time is the show???
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 5th January 2011, 9:11 pm

The show should be at 3pm.

here are the pics of the glamazini inspired bun:

IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen - Page 9 9_mont10IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen - Page 9 9_mont11
IntelligentBeauty;-) journey to mini twists/spring time regimen - Page 9 9_mont12

Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 5th January 2011, 9:14 pm

Cute!!! I need to give that a try. Wink
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 5th January 2011, 9:19 pm

ok, i will make sure to stop everything and watch!!

i love that bun!!! i need to try that, too!
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 6th January 2011, 9:18 am

Hi IB...

Thanks for the update, I thought I had missed the show. It comes on here @ 3pm on NBC so my DVR is set and ready to go!!!

I saw a $5 show on Debra Duncan last week, so I'm sure this is going to be good!!

Congratulations on your 10 month anniversary!!! cheers You are doing a great job with Destiny, and I love that bun!!! I can't wait until I can bun!!!

Hope you are having a great week!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 8th January 2011, 12:26 am

Love the bun! Very cute.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 8th January 2011, 10:50 am

Dang it I missed the show...going to NBC.com to see if they show reruns! I am so upset. I thought I recorded it and my DVR was full! Did anyone else see it?

I love that bun by the way!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 8th January 2011, 11:17 am

Morning IB!!

Watched the show this morning!!! Your TV debut was awesome!!! You looked so cute hanging out in the produce section, and your hair was on point!!!! You looked much taller than I thought you were!!

Girl I was so surprised that your savings product was Onions!!! I was like Really!!! I learned a lot from that show, but my question is did you only win an Onion? LOL (did they tell you what to pick?) Just curious that only one person got the right product. I'm just asking....LOL

You looked so cute on the actual show...I was so excited and proud. You know how it is when you see someone on TV that you know. I would have called CrissyQ, but I know she would have thought I was crazy as all get calling her at 5:55am....LOL

Hope you taped the show as well!!

TTYL

KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 17  Next