CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates

+27
nattyblog
iri9109
krazy coils
Keisha
priceless
NubieNatty
AfrikanLatina
poeticlyspkng
Juices-n-Berries
Karyn
CurlsGalore
SheeTacular
KurlyQT
jcanalena79
bholmes87
ktoliver5303
QuietButterfly
ChrsLvsBks
Lynnieluve
sweetdrk1
SisterBoyd
CocaColaCutie
Nikcoils
TheRYL1
KinkyNappyHappy
TerraD
tiashaunteé
31 posters

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates - Page 4 Empty Re: TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates

Post by AfrikanLatina 12th June 2010, 2:42 pm

Love the IMI earrings. I'lm going to have to check out the site and see what I want to purchase. NTCM already made me some RBG earrings so I'll have to get something else. Great photo shoot lady!
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates - Page 4 Empty Re: TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates

Post by NubieNatty 12th June 2010, 2:55 pm

love the photoshoot and i like how u werent afraid to attempt to trim ur hair. i mean im not really down to pay these ridiculous trim prices at salon's but ur right...its just hair and you'll perfect it more n more as it grows, lol.
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 12th June 2010, 4:58 pm

Thanks girlies! AL, definitely check them out! NN, LOL. It doesn't look bad so I was like hey, I can deal with this. And we all know it will grow, so I'm proud of myself TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates - Page 4 Icon_smile
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterBoyd 12th June 2010, 10:19 pm

I'm loving your lil black power fist hahaha too cute!
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

https://www.youtube.com/sisterboyd, www.blackplanet.com/sisterboy

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 14th June 2010, 10:26 am

Creative avatar--I like it A LOT!!
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 14th June 2010, 2:26 pm

Thanks Chrs and Lydia!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 14th June 2010, 2:51 pm

I love your curl fro!!! MM looks so soft and fluffy!!! I cant wait to try the curly fro!!! I love Autumn aka Curly Chronicles!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 15th June 2010, 12:33 am

Thanks Lynnie! I love her too!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 16th June 2010, 10:10 am

Great job with the editing! I am still trying to learn to make my photos a little more fun.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 16th June 2010, 11:07 am

Thanks Tia!

Hey guys, here's a few pics of what MM has been looking like this past week. It was supposed to be braided to one side and a twist out, but I became lazy and never took out the twists, so she's been in a braided updo which makes my life smile! This may be the only way MM likes protective styling...in the form of updos. My coworkers have been making me feel proud, so I got a little funky with the braids. I did this on the 10th, so it's getting closer to cowash and redo day. Anyway, enjoy!:
TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates - Page 4 Photo_66
TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates - Page 4 Photo_67
TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates - Page 4 Photo_68
TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates - Page 4 Photo_69
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 16th June 2010, 11:10 am

That looks similar to the style I want to try next week!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7teMqnOQaM
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 16th June 2010, 11:33 am

Great job on updo! What did you use to braid? How are you maintaining them?
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 16th June 2010, 11:41 am

Very cute updo Terra. Smile
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 16th June 2010, 9:52 pm

tiashauntee wrote:That looks similar to the style I want to try next week!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7teMqnOQaM

Oooohhhh, love it! I thought it was way more complicated than that. I saw it a few weeks ago in her fotki. I can't wait to see yours, it will determine if I try it!

ChrsLvsBks wrote:Great job on updo! What did you use to braid? How are you maintaining them?

Thanks Chrs! I actually didn't use anything. I conditioned with amla oil the night before, so my hair was pretty moisturized. Plus, if I had used product, my hair would have been harder to braid and I'm still not as good as it looks. I'm just oiling daily and tying it with a scarf every night.

AfrikanLatina wrote:Very cute updo Terra. Smile

Thanks AL!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 16th June 2010, 10:11 pm

Very cute!!!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 16th June 2010, 10:34 pm

twist is cute i love it
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 16th June 2010, 10:44 pm

Thanks Ladies!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates - Page 4 Empty Baking soda info......and a question for everyone....

Post by TerraD 17th June 2010, 1:16 pm

Hey guys,

I really love baking soda for clarifying, but stopped after the vid by kimmaytube. But check out what I found:

Wondering how baking soda, aka sodium bicarbonate, works its magic? It
helps regulate pH — keeping a substance neither too acidic nor too
alkaline. When baking soda comes in contact with either an acidic or an
alkaline substance, its natural effect is to neutralize that pH. Beyond
that, baking soda has the ability to retard further changes in the pH
balance, known as buffering

http://green.yahoo.com/blog/care2/4/40-fantastic-uses-for-baking-soda.html

The article's not at all focused on hair, but down the page they also explain how to clarify along with your shampoo. But, the above paragraph made me think...Is it really bad for us? Don't we want to regulate pH (especially since most shampoos, etc are pH balanced)? When we condition after, doesn't it automatically re-balance the pH as well? I will look more into this, because I've never been one to just sit on someone else's research without doing my own.

Anyway, hope you all are having a great week, it's almost friday woot! Yesterday I searched for cute diamond earrings online and ran across macys.com. I got a great pair of diamond earrings for $90! And then I bought a men's clipper set for $15 (I'll explain in a bit). And then I got free shipping for going over $100, and another 15% off for the jewelry! Woot! I was in shopaholic's heaven.
I have really sensitive skin and cannot buy regular earrings. I have to splurge on earrings that are 100% sterling or 14K, because my ears break out and have even swollen shut (in which case I have to jam an earring through, causing muy pain and bloodshed LOL) TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates - Page 4 Icon_eek. I can only wear cute dangly earrings for a few hours before my ears start to freak, so if you ever meet me and I have on studs, that's why ( I can only be cute for a couple hours TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates - Page 4 Icon_cry )

So, the men's clippers. I'm not sure how many of you hate body hair, but it's the bane of my existence. My dad just happened to have tons of randomness in his ancestry that includes lots of hair, everywhere! And since my mom has hair only on her head (none on arms or legs, thin eyelashes, thin brows), my sister's were blessed with the same. I, on the other hand, have tons of eyelashes (that fall in my eyes when wearing contacts=pain!), tons of fine hair behind my ears, have sideburns (that extend to my earlobe), have a slight mustache, thick brows, the occasional chin hair, etc. I hate it and have even gotten laser hair removal (which is totally worth the money). My bikini area is one area where a laser scares me (it hurts, like you wouldn't believe). So I decided to purchase the clippers to do my own bikini trimming TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates - Page 4 Suspect .

Has anyone ever tried men's clippers for the bikini TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates - Page 4 Icon_eek ?
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 17th June 2010, 1:43 pm

TerraD wrote:Hey guys,

I really love baking soda for clarifying, but stopped after the vid by kimmaytube.

I have to splurge on earrings that are 100% sterling or 14K, because my ears break out and have even swollen shut (in which case I have to jam an earring through, causing muy pain and bloodshed LOL) TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates - Page 4 Icon_eek. I can only wear cute dangly earrings for a few hours before my ears start to freak, so if you ever meet me and I have on studs, that's why ( I can only be cute for a couple hours TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates - Page 4 Icon_cry )

1. I used baking soda once and it made my hair brittle and my scalp tight. I left it alone after that.

2. WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME?!?!?! I could have hooked you up where you can wear those earrings all day! (I will add that on the blog so folks know about the option -my bad)
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 17th June 2010, 3:31 pm

tiashauntee wrote:
TerraD wrote:Hey guys,

I really love baking soda for clarifying, but stopped after the vid by kimmaytube.

I have to splurge on earrings that are 100% sterling or 14K, because my ears break out and have even swollen shut (in which case I have to jam an earring through, causing muy pain and bloodshed LOL) TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates - Page 4 Icon_eek. I can only wear cute dangly earrings for a few hours before my ears start to freak, so if you ever meet me and I have on studs, that's why ( I can only be cute for a couple hours TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates - Page 4 Icon_cry )

1. I used baking soda once and it made my hair brittle and my scalp tight. I left it alone after that.

2. WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME?!?!?! I could have hooked you up where you can wear those earrings all day! (I will add that on the blog so folks know about the option -my bad)

Aww, BFF! I didn't know that was an option! I may need to reorder them, and give the others to a friend!
About the baking soda. Each time I used it, I only put a smidge because I was afraid it would be irritating, and I made sure it didn't touch too much of my hair. Because my hair was extra clean after. But I also did an overnight DC after. I still need to try to find the roots only bottle! And then I will be set.
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 18th June 2010, 11:19 am

Our styles are very similar.

Hey there hair style twin ****waving****
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 18th June 2010, 12:15 pm

Hey hair style twin LOL!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by Keisha 19th June 2010, 12:05 am

lovely do Terra. it reminds me of goddess braids.
Keisha
Keisha

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 19th June 2010, 12:27 am

Thanks Keisha! As my hair grows out, I will keep experimenting with the braids. Maybe goddess braids are in my future!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 19th June 2010, 12:00 pm

Great Job!! One day I will start practicing
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next