CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates

+27
nattyblog
iri9109
krazy coils
Keisha
priceless
NubieNatty
AfrikanLatina
poeticlyspkng
Juices-n-Berries
Karyn
CurlsGalore
SheeTacular
KurlyQT
jcanalena79
bholmes87
ktoliver5303
QuietButterfly
ChrsLvsBks
Lynnieluve
sweetdrk1
SisterBoyd
CocaColaCutie
Nikcoils
TheRYL1
KinkyNappyHappy
TerraD
tiashaunteé
31 posters

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates - Page 7 Empty Re: TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates

Post by CurlsGalore 7th July 2010, 6:30 pm

Congrats on your decision to become a homeowner! First thing is make sure you guys get preapproved before you hunt. This gives you an idea of how much the bank will give you. After that, get a reputable agent. He/she will make the process go so much easier. They work for you and being this is your first home their commission comes out of your closing costs not your pocket. Only buy what you can afford not what the bank approves you up to. In other words, the bank approves you for $450K, but clearly that mortgage payment is so far out of your budget. Get what you can afford. Only apply for fixed rate home loans; not variable rates. Your rate will never go up with a fixed. Stay away for the infamous ARM loans (adjustable rate mortgage) or intrest only loans; they are the devil. Lastly, include your escrow with your mortgage. Escrow includes your property taxes, homeowners insurance, etc. Nothing is worse than paying over $5K for property taxes/insurance out of your pocket at the end of the year. Just a few simple tips! Hope this helps and good luck!
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates - Page 7 Empty Re: TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates

Post by TerraD 7th July 2010, 6:33 pm

TheRYL1 wrote:Hey Terra D...how 'bout I bring products to your HOUSEWARMING? At the rate I'm going, that's what's gonna end up happening!

Saturday, 7/10...are you free?

LOL. I have to drop a friend off at the airport by 3, so if you're free after that! TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates - Page 7 Icon_rolleyes

QuietButterfly wrote:Hey TerraD!!

Sounds like I need to go shopping with you!! I watched a girl in Walgreens one day buy a bag full of shampoo, conditioner, body wash and some other hygiene products for $1.89!!! She was serious with her coupons.

Good luck with the house hunting!! TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates - Page 7 Icon_biggrin

Dang! I wish I found coupons that good TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates - Page 7 Icon_eek

npmoore04 wrote:Good Luck on the house hunting! Are you and your roomie plan on doing a joint tenancy or one person being the owner and the other renting the other room. I am not a home owner but, i have be researching for a while and have a few friends that are real estae agents and mortgage lenders and one thing that is important when looking into townhomes and condos are those lovely HOA dues and the specifics of what you are responsible for and what you can and can't do to the space you own.

My roomie may not come, depending on where I move (she doesn't want to go too far from her job). If not, I will probably still get a roommate. I hate HOA fees! But, I like not having to deal with yard maintenance TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates - Page 7 Icon_lol . I will definitely be doing tons of research before nailing anything down. I'm so cautious, it will probably be a year before I even start doing visits! I want to pick the right area first and work my way from there!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 7th July 2010, 6:35 pm

CurlsGalore wrote:Congrats on your decision to become a homeowner! First thing is make sure you guys get preapproved before you hunt. This gives you an idea of how much the bank will give you. After that, get a reputable agent. He/she will make the process go so much easier. They work for you and being this is your first home their commission comes out of your closing costs not your pocket. Only buy what you can afford not what the bank approves you up to. In other words, the bank approves you for $450K, but clearly that mortgage payment is so far out of your budget. Get what you can afford. Only apply for fixed rate home loans; not variable rates. Your rate will never go up with a fixed. Stay away for the infamous ARM loans (adjustable rate mortgage) or intrest only loans; they are the devil. Lastly, include your escrow with your mortgage. Escrow includes your property taxes, homeowners insurance, etc. Nothing is worse than paying over $5K for property taxes/insurance out of your pocket at the end of the year. Just a few simple tips! Hope this helps and good luck!

Wow, thanks CG. I know who to come to as I get closer to nailing something down! I didn't know about including the escrow in my mortgage! I guess I should see what I can get approved for since I'm already scouting out my location!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 7th July 2010, 6:41 pm

You're welcome! I went through the home-buying process before and it's not as stressful as it seems. It's all about doing your research and getting the right people to work for you. If you have any questions, I'm happy to help!
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 7th July 2010, 6:53 pm

Cyber BFF, guess what?!?!? My hubby is starting a new position on Monday and he will be in the mortgage dept....let me know if you need me to put you in contact with him. He is certified to work in all 50 states.

We purchased our home about 3 yrs ago an currently looking to sale or rent and buy another so if you have any questions you know how to reach me.

I highly recommend www.bankrate.com and you picked a great time to shop because rates are crazy low right now.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 7th July 2010, 7:02 pm

OK...I'm right by the airport!

HIT ME UP WHEN YOU'RE DONE...I'M MARKING THE CALENDAR RIGHT NOW, WITH A REMINDER SET! LOL

Gotta hit up SisterBoyd, too! ;-)
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 7th July 2010, 9:02 pm

tiashauntee wrote:Cyber BFF, guess what?!?!? My hubby is starting a new position on Monday and he will be in the mortgage dept....let me know if you need me to put you in contact with him. He is certified to work in all 50 states.

We purchased our home about 3 yrs ago an currently looking to sale or rent and buy another so if you have any questions you know how to reach me.

I highly recommend www.bankrate.com and you picked a great time to shop because rates are crazy low right now.

Yay, that will definitely be great! I plan on saving for the next year and see where I end up and hopefully make something happen by christmas next year! Thanks for the link, I was able to type in the price that I seem to be heading for and it's totally doable!

TheRYL1 wrote:OK...I'm right by the airport!

HIT ME UP WHEN YOU'RE DONE...I'M MARKING THE CALENDAR RIGHT NOW, WITH A REMINDER SET! LOL

Gotta hit up SisterBoyd, too! ;-)

Cool! I will do! Yay!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 8th July 2010, 5:08 pm

Afternoon ladies,

Nothing new, just moisturized MM. She's pretty dry, ever since I started wearing the braids. I think it may be due to the fact that I moisturize daily (oil and condish), when she's loose. But, with braids, I moisturize daily (oil only). I am going to head to whole foods this weekend to get aloe vera juice and try the kimmaytube leave-in!

Have a great day!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 8th July 2010, 5:59 pm

Hey Terra...Saturday 7/17 works for me, too! I'm off on the weekends...I'm marking the calendar...just hit me! TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates - Page 7 Icon_biggrin
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 8th July 2010, 6:35 pm

Whew! Great, ok 7/17 is the day I drop her at the airport! So I will call you that morning to figure out where to meet you!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 13th July 2010, 12:42 am

Hola, Ladies!

I know most of you are sleeping! I did a quick length check on MM, after our random hair cut last month, and she has returned to APL. I can tell the braids/twists are definitely helping her run full force ahead. I think the front grows faster than the back, but I couldn't do such a great check in the back. I did medium-large braids up into a twist updo, of course. It took 45 minutes!!!

My only current hair issue, is that the braids make my hair dry, because when it's not braided I moisturize daily with oil and a cream based product. I only moisturize with oil while braided. I also need to work on my detangling, I know I rip hair out unneccesarily, due to impatience TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates - Page 7 Suspect, bad me!

I am going to get the products to make the KT leave-in as soon as I get a chance to go to whole foods! My hair needs lots of moisture, right now!

I will be back in the am, to post pics of the updo!

Night-Night! TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates - Page 7 Sleep
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 13th July 2010, 10:05 am

I have you tried a moisturizer in spray form. That is what I do when my hair is in braids or if it's hot, I let water run through them in the shower.

When I was in college (years ago) I kept my hair in cornrows all the time but my hair never retained length. I think it was because I would not apply any type of moisturizer when it was braided and then when I took the braids out I would detangle roughly. Rough detangling + dry ends = breakage. It was a sad time for my hair.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 13th July 2010, 9:13 pm

Tia! That is exactly what's happening! I need to find another way to moisturize while braided.
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 13th July 2010, 9:27 pm

Hey Ladies,

I am coming to bring pics! The braids and twists are HUGE! 7 braids and 13 twists! Makes it much easier to take down.

TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates - Page 7 Photo_10

TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates - Page 7 Photo_11

TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates - Page 7 Photo_12

This morning, when I took my hair down from my nightly bun. It was dry as the Sahara and I did what I said I wouldn't. I pulled out the scissors and snipped the dry ends off of each twist, only about 1/4", which at this point is nothing.

The next time I head to detroit, my old hairdresser will be trimming and fixing my layers, so I need to retain as much as possible by then (September or October). I am about to mix a little moisturizing cocktail for these braids and saturate them, retwist the twists and sleep on them.

I still need aloe vera juice, so this weekend, my hair will get much needed attention.
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 13th July 2010, 9:42 pm

That is a cute updo!!!
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 13th July 2010, 9:53 pm

Thanks Tia, it was the quickest one I've ever done! I'm trying to get on your level TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates - Page 7 Icon_lol
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 13th July 2010, 10:56 pm

Terra...THAT HAIR DO IS THE BOMB! I likey alot!!!!!! TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates - Page 7 Icon_cheers

OK...you gotta share that secret on Saturday! TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates - Page 7 Icon_bounce
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 13th July 2010, 11:16 pm

LOL, I will. I'm excited!!!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 13th July 2010, 11:45 pm

That updo is beautiful!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 14th July 2010, 12:15 am

Sweet! You're so sweet, hehe TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates - Page 7 Icon_lol Thanks!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog 14th July 2010, 1:08 am

TerraD wrote:Hey Ladies,

I am coming to bring pics! The braids and twists are HUGE! 7 braids and 13 twists! Makes it much easier to take down.

TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates - Page 7 Photo_10

TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates - Page 7 Photo_11

TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates - Page 7 Photo_12

This morning, when I took my hair down from my nightly bun. It was dry as the Sahara and I did what I said I wouldn't. I pulled out the scissors and snipped the dry ends off of each twist, only about 1/4", which at this point is nothing.

The next time I head to detroit, my old hairdresser will be trimming and fixing my layers, so I need to retain as much as possible by then (September or October). I am about to mix a little moisturizing cocktail for these braids and saturate them, retwist the twists and sleep on them.

I still need aloe vera juice, so this weekend, my hair will get much needed attention.

Hi, I really LOVE your hair. And now I'm going to say what I thought as soon as I saw it...

Okay, how the heck are you people doing that?! I have trouble braiding down let alone up and around the side of my head! Somebody point me in the direction of the tutorials please! bounce

It's gorgeous!! I love you
nattyblog
nattyblog

http://naturalgeek.onsugar.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 14th July 2010, 1:48 am

Thanks NattyB! I still don't think I'm good enough for tutorials. But, Tia has a few hehehe TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates - Page 7 Icon_lol .
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by Keisha 14th July 2010, 1:55 am

as usual... uber cute style Terra
Keisha
Keisha

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 14th July 2010, 2:10 am

Thanks Keisha!!!!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 14th July 2010, 11:31 am

So, last night I moisturized big time. I used water, EVCO, YTCucs, mango butter and shea butter. Can I say HEAVEN? I even baggied until some point in the middle of the night when the cap fell off TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates - Page 7 Icon_lol TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates - Page 7 Icon_lol

Have a great day!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next