CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates

+27
nattyblog
iri9109
krazy coils
Keisha
priceless
NubieNatty
AfrikanLatina
poeticlyspkng
Juices-n-Berries
Karyn
CurlsGalore
SheeTacular
KurlyQT
jcanalena79
bholmes87
ktoliver5303
QuietButterfly
ChrsLvsBks
Lynnieluve
sweetdrk1
SisterBoyd
CocaColaCutie
Nikcoils
TheRYL1
KinkyNappyHappy
TerraD
tiashaunteé
31 posters

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates - Page 2 Empty Re: TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates

Post by ChrsLvsBks 29th May 2010, 5:17 pm

TerraD wrote:Thanks guys! I am horrible, I forgot to take pics of my outfit and hair yesterday! I had fun at the movies!

Quiet Butterfly, I am from Detroit originally!
It's okay....

Get dressed again and take the pictures! TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates - Page 2 Lol
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates - Page 2 Empty Re: TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates

Post by TerraD 29th May 2010, 6:01 pm

LOL @ Chrs! I actually thought about doing that after I got in my pj's last night, but figured I should save myself the pic before bedtime shame! I will definitely be wearing the outfit again, so stay tuned!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 1st June 2010, 7:48 pm

Hola, Chicas! I missed you guys! I had a great weekend and can't wait to spill and show pics, but I'm currently attempting to braid MM and it needs 100% of my time and attention if I plan to finish before my dance class at 8! I'll be back!

Oh yeah, hope everyone is having a great day!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 1st June 2010, 8:36 pm

What's going on with your cornrows? I want to see what you came up with.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 2nd June 2010, 2:31 am

tiashauntee wrote:What's going on with your cornrows? I want to see what you came up with.

I came up with an extremely boring style, now I have to figure out how
to style them so that they're cute like yours TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates - Page 2 Icon_rolleyes . Here's a couple pics:

TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates - Page 2 Photo_50

TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates - Page 2 Photo_51
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by ktoliver5303 2nd June 2010, 2:40 am

Did you do that yourself?
ktoliver5303
ktoliver5303

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 2nd June 2010, 3:11 am

Yes (*looking shyly to the side). Does it look good enough to be done by someone else? LOL
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterBoyd 2nd June 2010, 3:35 am

Heck yeah! That looks professionallleeeee!!!! *grabbing my cup of haterade* Ummhmmm Its really nice...ummmhmmm I'm so jealous! *taking another swig of haterade*

;p

Bun it in the back for every day and add a flower for special, dressy days.
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

https://www.youtube.com/sisterboyd, www.blackplanet.com/sisterboy

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 2nd June 2010, 10:27 am

You did a great job! The parts are so neat!

My favorite thing about cornrows is the get up and go in the mornings. I love sleeping late because I don't have to worry about hair.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates - Page 2 Empty MY fun filled Memorial Weekend!

Post by TerraD 2nd June 2010, 1:26 pm

Thanks guys! Now, I just have to make it look less pre-pubertal LOL. I don't have to be at work for another couple hours, so I will see what I come up with. (And I'll definitely take pics!)

In the meantime...my weekend! On saturday I had a dance class. It was amazingly amazing. I realized how horribly out of shape I am. My legs still have dance muscles, but my core and arms are weaklings! I signed up for an unlimited month, because I need to get in shape now. With the unlimited, I will make myself come to as many classes as possible. (I had an amazing class yesterday and have another tonight and tomorrow morning TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates - Page 2 Icon_lol )
Saturday night, I dc'ed with the olive oil replenishing pak. MM loved it. I let it sit for an hour/no heat. I then air dried and did nothing else LOL. For church I simply piled it in the back and put one of these on it: TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates - Page 2 Moz-screenshotTerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates - Page 2 Moz-screenshot-1http://img.diytrade.com/cdimg/695069/8781768/0/1240407148/EZ_combs_hair_zinger_Stretch_combs_As_seen_on_TV.jpg
These combs are great. They can be a bit tight for those with thick hair and a tender scalp, like me.

Anyway, after church I drove to Oxnard to spend the holiday with my friends. When I got there we went to play tennis 2 on 2/girls against guys (their roommate came along). It was a BLAST. We completely kicked rules to the side and just had a hot, sweating good time. My friend and I (girls side), even gave ourselves a team name. The Fro-jo's TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates - Page 2 Lol (she's natural too, and lurking around CN somewhere TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates - Page 2 Suspect ...Hey Nay!). The guys team, laughed and called themselves the Perms, ha! Just stupid, silly fun!
After I ordered pizza, that happened to be extra far, but was totally delicious. We watched a comedy DVD that made me laugh like I hadn't in years!
On memorial day we got up early bbq'd (my veggie burgers/dogs and grilled corn, and their chicken and hot dogs, we also had baked beans) and headed to the beach. This was my first time on the 1 Fwy (PCH-pacific coast highway). I have never seen views like the ones that I saw. OMG. I saw houses that were definitely 10's of millions of dollars! The beach was in Malibu, zuma beach. So if you are in SoCal, make sure you ride the PCH through malibu. While there a coworker texted me, asking if I wanted to come to a BBQ after she left Zuma beach! WTFreak! I couldn't believe we were at the same beach! My friends and I met up with her and the people from her church youth group. We were attacked by the rocky waves a couple times and then we played sand volleyball, OMG! Fun! After we were exhausted, but I still headed to Santa monica beach to meet another coworker. The traffic was unbelievable, but I got to house gawk even more!
When I got to santa monica, I was exhausted, but squeezed enough energy to head to Forever21. OMG! I found some extremely cute items, that I will post a bit later. I even found an amazing pair of navy high waisted dress pants that show off my little curves!

As you can see it was a zany, fun weekend. Though most of this seems trivial, it was a blast for me. I still don't have many friends here in SoCal and I'm a really social person. Sitting at home 24/7 is NOT fun for me. I like being active, laughing and being around positive people (which are usually those that are willing to get out of the house). I thank God every day, for putting my friends in SoCal and for drawing my coworkers to me! I'm sure I will have even more exciting pics for you guys in the coming month. Think snorkeling, boogie-boarding, baseball, etc.

Thanks for reading my long story. Have a great day and enjoy the pics that you deserve:

Beautiful, clear blue skies over the Pacific
TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates - Page 2 Dscf0013
Jayce
TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates - Page 2 Dscf0014
Shenee, look at that henna sheen!
TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates - Page 2 Dscf0015
MM, as she began to soak up the moisture in the beach air.
TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates - Page 2 Dscf0016
MM after she had morphed into her larger than life alter ego, Bertha!
TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates - Page 2 Dscf0017
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 2nd June 2010, 1:49 pm

Ok I can't believe you guys didn't invite me *sulking* LOL it sounds like you guys had a blast!!! Where is Nay anyway? TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates - Page 2 Icon_scratch I haven't seen her on CN in a minute ...

But on the real, you should invite me next time!!!! I sooooo would have come! I love hanging out too and being around positive, fun people Very Happy
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 2nd June 2010, 1:54 pm

That looks so relaxing.........I'm off to daydream.

It's a 2-3 hr drive to the nearest beach for me.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 2nd June 2010, 5:09 pm

Sounds like you had a wonderful 3 day weekend. I am loving this weather we are having! Yes Malibu is lovely PCH is a wonderful drive during the day but at night it is SCARY!!! I can't stand being in the house either and i love going to the various areas in Cali. I still am baffled at how many people in Los Angeles have never gone outside of Los Angeles.
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 2nd June 2010, 9:11 pm

@ bholmes: I haven't seen you in forever! Curl Street is so big, I can't find the people that used to live next door to me TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates - Page 2 Icon_rolleyes .

@Tia: You know you're more than welcome to come enjoy our beaches TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates - Page 2 Icon_lol ! 20 minutes away, for most people in LA. I need to get you here anyway, I know we'd have a blast! Cyber BFF's!

@np: I did think about that. The windy mountain thing may not be good at night LOL. California has much more to offer than what people give it credit for. WE have to hang out at some point np! We should be bringing a meetup to orange county, soon!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 2nd June 2010, 9:26 pm

I am an L.A. native born and raised, so i will travel. I've only been in OC for a few months, i am still trying to adjust to the culture shock! lol
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 2nd June 2010, 9:33 pm

LOL. I haven't been in and around the OC much. I do like riverside though!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 3rd June 2010, 12:48 pm

TerraD wrote:@Tia: You know you're more than welcome to come enjoy our beaches TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates - Page 2 Icon_lol ! 20 minutes away, for most people in LA. I need to get you here anyway, I know we'd have a blast! Cyber BFF's!

Too funny!!!!! I just said the same thing in the other post! Laughing
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 3rd June 2010, 12:49 pm

Well ladies, last night as I was determining that I think I want to start doing length based trims (trimming to get all of my hair at the same length before progressing on). I lightly cowashed my braids (sprayed the shower head on them once, added HE HH and something interesting happened:
TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates - Page 2 Photo_52

Yes, that's a curl! If you close your right eye and squint your left, you can see it TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates - Page 2 Icon_lol .

I always wonder why MM doesn't curl up like everyone elses hair. And I know I shouldn't compare her to everyone else, but sometimes I feel like a fradulent curly girl TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates - Page 2 Icon_rolleyes . I'm hoping my hair curls again as it grows, it curled when it was short (after mini chop), and then just stopped.
Anyway, I hope your basking in my curly pride over that curl. And yes there were others, but my hair curls so loosely that it sometimes looks like a wide curve, but it's a curl.

So I am going to do a length based trim in August when I straighten my hair. I may snip off the ends of my braids, or wait until I take them down to S & D. We will see.

Have a great day and go check out I.M.I and get your very own IMI Originals:
http://imi828.blogspot.com/
I did TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates - Page 2 617583
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 3rd June 2010, 12:51 pm

tiashauntee wrote:
TerraD wrote:@Tia: You know you're more than welcome to come enjoy our beaches TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates - Page 2 Icon_lol ! 20 minutes away, for most people in LA. I need to get you here anyway, I know we'd have a blast! Cyber BFF's!

The crazy thing is that we used the exact same phrase LOL. Not many people say a blast! TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates - Page 2 Fresse
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 3rd June 2010, 12:53 pm

TerraD wrote:
tiashauntee wrote:

The crazy thing is that we used the exact same phrase LOL. Not many people say a blast! TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates - Page 2 Fresse
Yea, that is scary. LOL

I see the curl!!! yay! dance
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 3rd June 2010, 12:58 pm

Getting it in with dance, aren't you? You are going to look fab in high waist pants.

Glad you were about to get some hair candy from Forever21. I picked up some from H&M a couple of weeks ago. The prices are just right, LOL.

LOL @ MM's alter ego BERTHA. Your hair not only has a name but an alter ego, too funny.

Know many a curly girl lacks a true curl. Mine come out when they want. I have to coax them a bit some time but they hide and act up at times, LOL.

The beach looked great! I love the water. I cannot wait to visit CA in the next year or so.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jcanalena79 3rd June 2010, 1:13 pm

LOL @ Bertha!!!!

Those beach pics are amazing and I LOVE that big hair!!!
jcanalena79
jcanalena79

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 3rd June 2010, 4:29 pm

Aww, you guys like Bertha! TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates - Page 2 617583
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 3rd June 2010, 4:32 pm

tiashauntee wrote:
Yea, that is scary. LOL

I see the curl!!! yay! dance
TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates - Page 2 678474
ChrsLvsBks wrote:Getting it in with dance, aren't you? You are going to look fab in high waist pants.

Glad you were about to get some hair candy from Forever21. I picked up some from H&M a couple of weeks ago. The prices are just right, LOL.

LOL @ MM's alter ego BERTHA. Your hair not only has a name but an alter ego, too funny.

Know many a curly girl lacks a true curl. Mine come out when they want. I have to coax them a bit some time but they hide and act up at times, LOL.

The beach looked great! I love the water. I cannot wait to visit CA in the next year or so.
Yay, I can't wait until you come! Between you and Tia, we can have a great eating, shopping time! LOL

jcanalena79 wrote:LOL @ Bertha!!!!

Those beach pics are amazing and I LOVE that big hair!!!
Thanks missy!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 3rd June 2010, 8:41 pm

Hey TerraD!

Yeah, Bertha is too funny! You have two names, I'm still undecided on ONE!

I'm a born & raised California girl...don't know what I'd do without the beach! Soooo many good times at the beach since I was lil girl! I was in Memphis one summer...it's hot and RAINING (WTF?). Anyway, I say let's go to the beach! Man...the looks and comments I got! My cousins are like we don't have a beach, we got a "crick". A what? LOL I was traumatized in that hot weather and not beach! And my comment got me labeled California ever since!

Maybe we can do a beach meet up this summer? What ya think? Bholmes...npmoore04...where ya at? :-) Tia...we'll do a webcast! :-)
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next