CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates

+27
nattyblog
iri9109
krazy coils
Keisha
priceless
NubieNatty
AfrikanLatina
poeticlyspkng
Juices-n-Berries
Karyn
CurlsGalore
SheeTacular
KurlyQT
jcanalena79
bholmes87
ktoliver5303
QuietButterfly
ChrsLvsBks
Lynnieluve
sweetdrk1
SisterBoyd
CocaColaCutie
Nikcoils
TheRYL1
KinkyNappyHappy
TerraD
tiashaunteƩ
31 posters

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates - Page 6 Empty Re: TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates

Post by TerraD 27th June 2010, 5:01 pm

Thanks JNB! Good to know I'm not alone. The clippers I bought were actually like beard trimmers, I use women's razors LOL. My mom and little sister (she's 22) have no arm/leg hair, how did I get skipped? TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates - Page 6 Icon_rolleyes
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates - Page 6 Empty Re: TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates

Post by Lynnieluve 27th June 2010, 6:54 pm

Great job Terra D!!!! TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates - Page 6 Icon_cheers I love it!!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 27th June 2010, 9:11 pm

Thanks Lynnie!!!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 28th June 2010, 12:51 pm

Buenos Dias, Chicas!

I'm about to head to bed, just settled in from work. I just had to come share! My hair was the huge topic of the night! Everyone kept complimenting me on it, and no one believed that I did it! A coworker and I came to the conclusion that I'm a rockstar, LOL. I even had a few people ask me to do theirs (I quickly said no TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates - Page 6 Icon_mad LOL. I'm still not patient enough to do someone else's hair!).

I oiled the braids and twists this morning before tying it up. I will seal my ends with vatika oil, when I wake up. I am almost sad that I will be taking the braids down so soon (July 1st), but I have to cowash, black tea rinse and prepare for National Afro Day TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates - Page 6 Icon_rr , oh yeah, MM is going to get her butt into some kind of fro, if it's the last thing I do!

Anyway, have a great day! Night, Night LOL
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 28th June 2010, 1:50 pm

Terra you and MM are showing out. I'm about to start pouting so bare with me {{Jumping up and down like I did as a child}} I wish I could cornrow. I CAN'T CORNROW! I need more style options!{{Pouting over}} lol But seriously I may just try this style with 2 strand flat twists. I may have to get my hunny to help me hold the mirror so I can see the back of my head but I will get it done. Do your arms start to hurt like mine do when your braiding or twisting your hair?

Sing this to the tube of Bilals Soul Sista... ♫ You must be my hairy sista, hairy sista ♫ I am the same way with sideburns, neck(I used to get shape ups weekly), legs, etc. It sucks and I'm so interested in laser hair removal. Is it super painful and is it permanent?
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 28th June 2010, 9:55 pm

AL, I wish I could flat twist! I can't so it's weird that I can cornrow. My arms don't really start to hurt, but I'm greedy, so I'm usually eating between braids LOL. So maybe, I just don't notice it.

Laser hair removal is not really painful, it's weird, like getting snapped with a rubber band TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates - Page 6 Icon_scratch . It is not completely permanent. I get a few underarm hairs every month, which is nothing! And they're little baby hairs. MY bikini has a permanent outline, but there are hairs that come up. They say that after a certain amount of treatments, the hair never grows back. I went for a year, about 5-6 treatments. I will definitely be going soon LOL
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 29th June 2010, 2:59 pm

Cute updo! And yes tia's upside down braidind helped me with my flat twist updo that is going on day 11. One day I will cross over to the cornrow side.
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 29th June 2010, 9:05 pm

Thanks np!

Hola Ladies!

Nothing new with MM, just trying to figure out when to take my hair down for fro day. Check out this logo Traycee over at KISS made:

TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates - Page 6 Fros110
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 29th June 2010, 9:06 pm

P.S.

You may copy the pic, if you'd like. Spread the word!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 30th June 2010, 11:45 pm

AWESOME job on your braids and twists updo!
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 1st July 2010, 1:03 am

Thanks Chrs!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by MellowOne 1st July 2010, 10:10 am

Hey TerraD!

I might be a little late but cute updo and I love the avi TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates - Page 6 Icon_smile
MellowOne
MellowOne

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 1st July 2010, 7:35 pm

Thanks mellowone!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 1st July 2010, 7:52 pm

i am going to learn how to braid one day. cute up do
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 1st July 2010, 8:09 pm

Thanks!!! It took time to learn, but I'm getting better.
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 5th July 2010, 8:13 pm

Hey Ladies,

I hope everyone had a great 4th of July. MM and I were pooped from working the night before so we slept, ate and watched movies. Between my busy day TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates - Page 6 Icon_rolleyes , I was able to dc MM and prep for a braidout today. My scalp is dying, it looks great from the ayurvedic oils, but is very sore. I think it may be from the braids, so I will be doing braidouts and curly fros until next week, when I will re-braid. My sister and friends still can't believe MM had been braided for over a month. It's so easy, with working nights, so I will definitely stick to it!

On to life, I put myself on a budget! Gasp! It's a 50-30-20 budget. 50% of my income will go to necessities (rent, bills, car note, student loans), 30% will be fair game for me to spend or use on debt and 20% will be saved. I started this budget on July 1st, after closely monitoring my income last month (Horrible, how much I spend on hair stuff!).
The number 1 culprit of my impulse shopping: Food! As a proclaimed foodie, I can't help myself in grocery stores or at farmer's markets! I can always think of a great meal idea, and I always end up purchasing random items because they're on sale (as psycho as it is, I like this. It's like a game, can I make a great meal with this item?). So today, I headed out to grocery shop after doing days of research on what was being carried at every store possible.

Here are a few of my fave budget buys:
-8lb seedless watermelon for....wait for it.....$1.24 WTHeck! I know that's what I said
-2 containers of JIF peanut butter and a free loaf of whole wheat bread....$4, Thanks Target!
-2 containers of strawberries...$1.76

Today I came home with 5 bags of groceries for....$33. Woot! Now I can spend the money I saved on shoes LOL. J/K. As someone who used to spend $70/wk, this is great! As a community we need to continue to take care of ourselves, even if that means living on a budget to get a nice little nest egg saved. Then we can have great hair and a fat wallet!!!!!!!!

Have a great evening!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 5th July 2010, 8:40 pm

Love the budget!!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 5th July 2010, 9:09 pm

Thanks Sweet, love the avi TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates - Page 6 Icon_lol
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by Keisha 5th July 2010, 9:31 pm

uhh ok I need to go grocery shopping with u... that is a true bargain. 2 containers of strawberries for $1.76 TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates - Page 6 Affraid Girl and they gave u a free loaf of WHEAT bread, not white bread. Im low key hating right now.
Keisha
Keisha

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 5th July 2010, 9:44 pm

Hey TerraD...

I like the split..I'm doing 80-10-10. 80% to pay my bills and other necessities, 10% tithes; 10% savings. Now some of that 80% I'm going to save, because I'm on a no buy hair product challenge. I must save the amount of money I've spent on products since my bc. It's a lot, but not as bad as I thought!!

Cute hair!! Love it!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 5th July 2010, 10:47 pm

Keisha, LOL. The sale is still going on at target right now! If you need some peanut butter or jelly, you can get you a loaf too! Strawberries 88cent a piece at Ralph's! LOL

KNH, a decent part of my 30 is paying extra on my debt (darn credit cards!!!). And I'm jumping on the tithes wagon too girl!!!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 7th July 2010, 3:36 pm

Ladies,

Morning! Last night I did a henna treatment and am currently about to rinse out the conditioner (cool water, of course TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates - Page 6 Icon_lol )! I am going to try to henna once a month and do a henna gloss in between! I am still letting MM get a braid break, though she will be getting braided up on sunday!

On a random tangent:

I'm nervously beginning to check out the housing market, currently looking at condos and townhomes in my favorite cities (Burbank and Pasadena). My roomie and I
pay 1630/month for a 2bed/2bath and I would prefer for that to be going
toward a mortgage. Any ideas or tips for a novice home buyer?

Have a great day ladies!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 7th July 2010, 4:25 pm

Hey Terra D...how 'bout I bring products to your HOUSEWARMING? At the rate I'm going, that's what's gonna end up happening!

Saturday, 7/10...are you free?
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by QuietButterfly 7th July 2010, 4:38 pm

Hey TerraD!!

Sounds like I need to go shopping with you!! I watched a girl in Walgreens one day buy a bag full of shampoo, conditioner, body wash and some other hygiene products for $1.89!!! She was serious with her coupons.

Good luck with the house hunting!! TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates - Page 6 Icon_biggrin
QuietButterfly
QuietButterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 7th July 2010, 5:23 pm

Good Luck on the house hunting! Are you and your roomie plan on doing a joint tenancy or one person being the owner and the other renting the other room. I am not a home owner but, i have be researching for a while and have a few friends that are real estae agents and mortgage lenders and one thing that is important when looking into townhomes and condos are those lovely HOA dues and the specifics of what you are responsible for and what you can and can't do to the space you own. I have plenty of friends that ended up purchasing a house instead because it was more budget friendly. It also doesn't hurt to look into surrounding neighborhoods like with in 5 miles of your desired living area. Cali has so many hidden areas its crazy what treasures you'll find.
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next