CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Neems-- I Got A Compliment, From a Guy!

+20
Treece
ChrsLvsBks
Thinice
QuietButterfly
TheRYL1
jcanalena79
bholmes87
newcurlieque
priceless
jlowman1
sweetdrk1
soleil
Juices-n-Berries
poeticlyspkng
Lynnieluve
FemmeFox
KinkyNappyHappy
CurlsGalore
ktoliver5303
Neems
24 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Neems-- I Got A Compliment, From a Guy! Empty Neems-- Happy Curly New Year

Post by Neems 9th May 2010, 2:43 am

Hi everyone! I joined the site last year but I'm finally getting enough courage to become an active member. You ladies are such a great source of encouragement I thought it would only be right to contribute. Afroluscious (my hair) and I couldn't be more excited to move-in.

I've been natural for most of my life except the two times my step-mother relaxed my hair. Let's just say my mother was not pleased. I would have to go digging for pics when I was younger to show the mess of a hair I had. Other than that I usually wore my hair pressed on in extensions depending on the season. Throughout high school I usually kept my hair braided simply because I didn't know how to do my own hair and got tired of all the negative comments. Also, my parents would have given me the quick side-eye if I walked out the house without my hair combed. They are Jamaican, they could care less about straight hair, but believe you should also take care of your appearance. Fast forward to my junior of college and being left to my own devices I stopped getting extensions.

My bank account certainly didn't complain. One night after washing my hair I couldn't figure out what to do so I just left in a fro and went to a party. The reactions I got from my friends were encouraging so I kept up the WnG. I even wore it for my senior photo-shoot with my friends.
Neems-- I Got A Compliment, From a Guy! Ncampb10
October '08

A year later its long enough to pull back and with pins and create this style.
Neems-- I Got A Compliment, From a Guy! Img_0011
December '09

Again, I waited till the last minute to do my hair so I wore a twist-out to a Gala
Neems-- I Got A Compliment, From a Guy! 26251_10
February '10

So I hope I can start keeping better track of the products, styles and regimes that work in my hair so I can become even better at this natural hair thing.

Last edited by Neems on 1st January 2011, 6:14 pm; edited 6 times in total (Reason for editing : Added more information)
Neems
Neems

http://neemsnthings.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Neems-- I Got A Compliment, From a Guy! Empty Re: Neems-- I Got A Compliment, From a Guy!

Post by ktoliver5303 10th May 2010, 3:43 am

** Shouting***NEEEEEEEEEEMSS!! Welcome to the Curl Street Journal. I look forward to following your journey.
ktoliver5303
ktoliver5303

Back to top Go down

Neems-- I Got A Compliment, From a Guy! Empty Re: Neems-- I Got A Compliment, From a Guy!

Post by CurlsGalore 10th May 2010, 8:10 am

Hey Neems!!! *waving* Welcome to CS!! Glad to have a new neighbor!!
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 10th May 2010, 8:13 am

Morning!!!

Welcome to CS...we are still having quite a few house warming parties so just drop on by and visit with everyone!!!

Glad you're here!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Neems 10th May 2010, 1:19 pm

Thank-you for the warm welcome everyone Neems-- I Got A Compliment, From a Guy! Icon_biggrin
Neems
Neems

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 10th May 2010, 2:24 pm

Hi Neems!

Welcome to the block! You're hair is gorgeous.
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 10th May 2010, 2:25 pm

Welcome!!!!!! Neems-- I Got A Compliment, From a Guy! 617583
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 10th May 2010, 5:28 pm

Hey Neems! Welcome to CSJ!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 10th May 2010, 10:00 pm

Welcome to Curl Street!
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by Neems 10th May 2010, 10:32 pm

So, today I saw this older woman at the gym and she had the softest looking afro. I had to tell her I thought it liked it. Now I understand everyone's fascination with natural hair. Would you believe she just laughed and said "girl, I was tired of the weaves and perms." Just plain tired." Yay, natural hair.
Neems
Neems

Back to top Go down

Post by soleil 10th May 2010, 11:09 pm

You and your hair are sooooo beautiful!!!!! I love you
soleil
soleil

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 10th May 2010, 11:50 pm

Hey Neems!!

Welcome to Curl Street!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 11th May 2010, 1:02 am

Welcome to Curl Street! Love the hair!
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 12th May 2010, 1:01 pm

Hi Neems!

Yay natural hair! I think (for me at least) that the upkeep of Natural hair is much easier than with perms or weaves. I know that I am too lazy to hit the shop on a consistent basis. Also I like buying things to much to go drop $60-$100 just on hair.

Have a good day!
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by Neems 12th May 2010, 3:48 pm

@soleil Thank you. You're TWA is cute,too!!!

@sweetdrk1 Thanks. You're make is so on point. Please tell me how you get your eyebrows to be so shapely.

@jlowman1 Thanks. Your hair is fly.

@FemmeFox I know what you mean. My friends and cousins always have standing hair appointments. I don't know how they do it,lol. I like doing my hair every week because it's an excuse to pamper myself for a few hours.
Neems
Neems

Back to top Go down

Neems-- I Got A Compliment, From a Guy! Empty Neems- Hair accessory alert

Post by Neems 13th May 2010, 4:21 pm

Yesterday, JC, from the Natural Haven put pictures of the Giant Hair Clips I use. Check it out. They make it very easy to do a frohawk or hold down thick and puffy hair.
Neems
Neems

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 13th May 2010, 7:47 pm

Ooooh I can't wait til my hair is long enough for a good frohawk. Soon, hopefully by the end of the year.
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by soleil 14th May 2010, 5:38 pm

Neems lives here
by Neems on 12th May 2010, 1:48 pm

@soleil Thank you. You're TWA is cute,too!!!

Thanks! Embarassed I'm kinda sad though because my avatar picture is actually kind of old! I think it's from during my 3rd month of naturalness. Now I am approaching my 8th month!!!! I don't think my 'fro, Morena, is teeny weeny anymore and I miss it. They grow up so fast! Very Happy

Soleil sunny
soleil
soleil

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 14th May 2010, 5:49 pm

Neems that was a good day. LOL I am a hairy beast. I get them done every 2 weeks. If I don't I would have a unibrow! Neems-- I Got A Compliment, From a Guy! Lol
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 14th May 2010, 6:01 pm

Sweet your brows are always on point! I nee to be up on it like you!
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by Neems 27th May 2010, 11:10 am

I finally got around to washing my hair last night. Wow, was it an ordeal. Basically, my product junkiness got the best of me. At first I planned on just washing, but then I decided to DT and add oomph to my hair. Here's what I did.

1. Pre-poo with HEHH
  2. Rinse and cleanse scalp with random shampoo. I went to the gym two days in a row and it's been 90 degrees here. The gunk was no joke,lol.
  3. Apply DT (My mix: HE Hydralicious,AOHSR, Olive Oil, JBCO). That was the original plan but then I saw that I had half a bottle of a Honey Brown rinse left. Well, I was being experimental and added it to the mix. I left that on for 30 mins with no heat. And rinsed with cool water until i couldn't rinse anymore.
  4. I then detangled using more HE Hydralicious.
  5. Finally, I rinsed with coffee and tea that I brewed earlier for good measure. Supposedly it adds depth and shine.
  6. After all of that I added a bit of AOHSR as a leave-in and KCNT. It makes my hair feel sooo good. Like it seriously, feels like a pillow. Neems-- I Got A Compliment, From a Guy! Icon_biggrin
  7. Then I twisted my hair using cocounut oil and proclaim crystal ice gel. This morning there was no frizz and everything looked good. I'll probably set it on perm rods later this week.

This took about 2.5 hours but it's worth because I won't have to worry about my hair for a few days. Just spritz with water and add KCNT and some coconut oil and go
Neems
Neems

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 28th May 2010, 1:32 pm

Neems wrote:Yesterday, JC, from the Natural Haven put pictures of the Giant Hair Clips I use. Check it out. They make it very easy to do a frohawk or hold down thick and puffy hair.

Thanks for sharing this...I went to CVS this morning and bought two packs!!! I can't wait to use them!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 28th May 2010, 1:33 pm

Neems wrote:I finally got around to washing my hair last night. Wow, was it an ordeal. Basically, my product junkiness got the best of me. At first I planned on just washing, but then I decided to DT and add oomph to my hair. Here's what I did.

1. Pre-poo with HEHH
  2. Rinse and cleanse scalp with random shampoo. I went to the gym two days in a row and it's been 90 degrees here. The gunk was no joke,lol.
  3. Apply DT (My mix: HE Hydralicious,AOHSR, Olive Oil, JBCO). That was the original plan but then I saw that I had half a bottle of a Honey Brown rinse left. Well, I was being experimental and added it to the mix. I left that on for 30 mins with no heat. And rinsed with cool water until i couldn't rinse anymore.
  4. I then detangled using more HE Hydralicious.
  5. Finally, I rinsed with coffee and tea that I brewed earlier for good measure. Supposedly it adds depth and shine.
  6. After all of that I added a bit of AOHSR as a leave-in and KCNT. It makes my hair feel sooo good. Like it seriously, feels like a pillow. Neems-- I Got A Compliment, From a Guy! Icon_biggrin
  7. Then I twisted my hair using cocounut oil and proclaim crystal ice gel. This morning there was no frizz and everything looked good. I'll probably set it on perm rods later this week.

This took about 2.5 hours but it's worth because I won't have to worry about my hair for a few days. Just spritz with water and add KCNT and some coconut oil and go

Coffe and tea....wow I can't wait to see your pictures!!! I take me about 4 hrs to do my hair...but I enjoy the end results.

Have agreat weekend!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 28th May 2010, 3:26 pm

Hey welcome to the block of new experiences, fun beginnings, and positive helpful living.
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 28th May 2010, 6:57 pm

Welcome back lady!

2.5 hours? That's good! My hair always takes at least an afternoon if I'm not being lazy.

Have a good weekend!
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next