CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates

+27
nattyblog
iri9109
krazy coils
Keisha
priceless
NubieNatty
AfrikanLatina
poeticlyspkng
Juices-n-Berries
Karyn
CurlsGalore
SheeTacular
KurlyQT
jcanalena79
bholmes87
ktoliver5303
QuietButterfly
ChrsLvsBks
Lynnieluve
sweetdrk1
SisterBoyd
CocaColaCutie
Nikcoils
TheRYL1
KinkyNappyHappy
TerraD
tiashaunteƩ
31 posters

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates - Page 3 Empty Re: TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates

Post by TerraD 3rd June 2010, 9:35 pm

Renon, I am all up in that beach meetup! Nothing like letting Bertha enjoy some humid beach air LOL
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates - Page 3 Empty Re: TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates

Post by KurlyQT 4th June 2010, 2:35 pm

Hey I found you guys, I made it! I made it! Sheesh I got lost on a couple of blocks but had to pull out my gps to find your curl street lol. Hey Terra Hey Bholmes. What was my hair doing in the pic, it so has a mind of its own. Ur so right I do have sheen, I'm going to go outside and take a pic of it. How long will you keep the braids in, we should do a BKO challenge.
KurlyQT
KurlyQT

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 4th June 2010, 2:39 pm

KurlyQT wrote:Hey I found you guys, I made it! I made it! Sheesh I got lost on a couple of blocks but had to pull out my gps to find your curl street lol. Hey Terra Hey Bholmes. What was my hair doing in the pic, it so has a mind of its own. Ur so right I do have sheen, I'm going to go outside and take a pic of it. How long will you keep the braids in, we should do a BKO challenge.
Hey girl!!! *waving*

I'm feeling a BKO challenge though! We should do it Smile
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterBoyd 4th June 2010, 5:20 pm

Terra, Malibu should definitely be on the meet up list Wink I'll be there at least once this summer, but I'm hoping to make 2 or 3 trips.
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

https://www.youtube.com/sisterboyd, www.blackplanet.com/sisterboy

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 4th June 2010, 5:55 pm

Hey TerraD!! It's been a long minute since I've been to your place. I love the BKO and the alter ego is hilarious. I am glad you enjoyed the beach. You all are gonna make me face my fear of Cali and come visit.

I always just believe as soon as my plane lands there will be an earthquake and CA will be in the sea an island with no exits. Silly I know don't judge me.

Smooches.!!
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 4th June 2010, 7:34 pm

KurlyQT wrote:Hey I found you guys, I made it! I made it! Sheesh I got lost on a couple of blocks but had to pull out my gps to find your curl street lol. Hey Terra Hey Bholmes. What was my hair doing in the pic, it so has a mind of its own. Ur so right I do have sheen, I'm going to go outside and take a pic of it. How long will you keep the braids in, we should do a BKO challenge.
Nay! I'm so glad your gps brought you here safely TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates - Page 3 617583 . I'm wearing these until next weekend, but will be rebraiding in a more flattering style LOL. This is my braid month, so maybe we can do a bantu knot out challenge for July or August. It's a great way to stretch the hair!

bholmes87 wrote:
Hey girl!!! *waving*

I'm feeling a BKO challenge though! We should do it Smile
TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates - Page 3 678474

SisterBoyd wrote:Terra, Malibu should definitely be on the meet up list Wink I'll be there at least once this summer, but I'm hoping to make 2 or 3 trips.

Ok it's on the future meetup list!

SheeTacular_Napps wrote:Hey TerraD!! It's been a long minute since I've been to your place. I love the BKO and the alter ego is hilarious. I am glad you enjoyed the beach. You all are gonna make me face my fear of Cali and come visit.

I always just believe as soon as my plane lands there will be an earthquake and CA will be in the sea an island with no exits. Silly I know don't judge me.

Smooches.!!

LOL. My dad always lets me know that the "big one" is coming. Since I moved here I've felt two, so I may be becoming immune to them. Plus I could always learn how to swim better in case it becomes an island TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates - Page 3 Lol
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 4th June 2010, 7:48 pm

TerraD, why I haven't stopped by lately is beyond me!!! I've been missing out on some great stuff, chica! The beach??? My first love!!! Now that school is officially out, I can't get to a beach fast enough! The pics are beautiful and your hair is RIDIC!!! Not, Bertha! LOL!!! I love it! I'm going to be a regular now! Smile

I really need to get to the West Coast. I don't vacation there as often as I do on East Coast. Shame on me!
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 5th June 2010, 2:36 am

CG!!! Thank you! You definitely need to come visit. I'm recruiting curlies to come out for a meetup LOL. Now I have: tia, chrs and shee, if I can convince her that we won't fall into the pacific LOL
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates - Page 3 Empty Hair Update and IMI Originals!!!!

Post by TerraD 8th June 2010, 12:07 pm

Hola Chicas!

I just wanted to give a quick update on MM and I. I am currently removing my braids, for a break. MY scalp has been really really painful and I'm not a tight braider at all. I had to pull my baby hairs out of the braids in the front, side and back. I am going to give my scalp a much needed rest. Cleanse, condition and rebraid later this week. Probably in bigger braids, similar to those done by Tia about a month ago.
I am exhausted TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates - Page 3 Kopfschuettel . Nights are killin' a sister! My face has broken out in the worst acne of my entire life. Lots of bumps, no whiteheads, painful and all over my forehead. I'm drinking lots of water, eating lots and taking my vitamins. I have eaten a few fries and maybe a breakfast meal from McDonald's (no meat of course TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates - Page 3 Icon_lol ), but it hasn't been enough junk to make my skin freak. I'm wondering if the skin issue may be related to my scalp aches. I'm working on finding ways to sleep as long as possible during the day before heading to work at night.
On to more positive info: I got my I.M.I. package!!!!! Woot! Woot! If you remember a few posts back I told you that I bought three items. They arrived and I can't wait to wear them all. I am going to wear one of the earring styles today and will definitely take a pic of them!

Have a great day, I'm off to bed TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates - Page 3 Sleep TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates - Page 3 Sleep TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates - Page 3 Sleep
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteĆ© 8th June 2010, 12:17 pm

I hope you feel better. The breakout may be your body getting used to your work schedule. My body to stress in weird ways (feet swelling, upset stomach, quick appearing gray hairs, etc)

Just rest as much as you can....
tiashaunteƩ
tiashaunteƩ

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 8th June 2010, 4:02 pm

Sorry to hear of your breakouts. Hopefully the acne clears soon. I understand how you feel. When I break out, they tend to last between a month and two. Benzoyl peroxide, clay treatments, black soap and the OCM help me. Sounds like a lot but acne has cleared finally.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 9th June 2010, 2:40 am

Thanks Ladies! Chrs, I just went back to the oil cleansing method and I really think my skin likes it. I know it will still take a while for it to clear up, but I worry that it will keep doing this, if I have to work nights permanently.
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 9th June 2010, 2:31 pm

Morning Pumpkins!

I am on my way to Sally's to get shears and whatever else I can't seem to leave in the store TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates - Page 3 Icon_rolleyes . I really need a trim, so last night I stayed up doing research on how to trim curly hair on my own. I think I'm pretty stoked because I refuse to get it hacked and I still have layers from my mini chop last year (go figure). I just want to baby my ends this summer and I'd prefer to baby nice ends as opposed to disastrous ends.
While cruising the web yesterday, I came in contact with a style that was my mainstay during my transition (from pressed hair)... The Curly Fro. I loved it and my hair loved it. Just like bantu knot outs, MM likes low manipulation that does not equate to stress on the roots. Which is why buns break my hair off (stress where the hair tie goes), as well as cornrows. I thought that by braiding it myself, it would help, gut it didn't. AS loose as I braided, my scalp and roots are sensitive to any tugging.
I will be rebraiding my hair, but if my scalp still freaks from the stress of the cornrows, I will have to go back to wearing it out. MM may be one of those heads of hair that thrives on being free. So, we will see (I'm such a rapper, that totally rhymed TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates - Page 3 Icon_lol).

Here are my plans for tomorrow:
-I work tonight, so I will try to remove the rest of the braids before hopping in bed in the morning.
-I will wake up around 3pm, prepoo with Jasmine Oil, shampoo with my Shikakai bar (if it gets here in time), condition (w/my heat cap), and twist to air dry.
-I will rebraid on friday (a cute style that's in my head, but I haven't seen.
-I may do an amla treatment, but we will see.

Have a great day ladies!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by Karyn 11th June 2010, 12:41 am

heyyy terra! i have a slightly random question haha

this summer, i'll be doing clerical work at a hospital (yay for first jobs!) i was just wondering what attire is considered 'appropriate' at a hospital? are shorts appropriate? haha i know you're a nurse so i decided to ask you lol. i have no idea what to wear and don't wanna end up in dresses and jeans for the entire time Razz
Karyn
Karyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 11th June 2010, 2:25 am

How do you do the curly fro... is that just a wash and go or what?
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 11th June 2010, 5:26 am

Karyn wrote:heyyy terra! i have a slightly random question haha

this summer, i'll be doing clerical work at a hospital (yay for first jobs!) i was just wondering what attire is considered 'appropriate' at a hospital? are shorts appropriate? haha i know you're a nurse so i decided to ask you lol. i have no idea what to wear and don't wanna end up in dresses and jeans for the entire time Razz

Congrats! Shorts are appropriate if at the knee or longer. Just think business casual. But, remember hospitals are usually pretty chilly, so shorts may freeze you LOL. After the first day, you can gauge what other people are wearing, but they may not even allow jeans (my hospital doesn't, even dressy ones)!

Juices-n-Berries wrote:How do you do the curly fro... is that just a wash and go or what?

Juices, my hair just laughed. She wishes she could do a wash n go. Here's a vid on the curly fro (It's just twists rolled on themselves tucked in at the roots):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCwpIvOG8q8
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates - Page 3 Empty Impromptu Hair cut...

Post by TerraD 11th June 2010, 3:20 pm

Morning Ladies,

I have to fill you guys in on my dramatic hair day yesterday. Let me get the big news out first...I cut my hair *gasp* TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates - Page 3 Icon_eek . Whew! Now that I have that out I can start at the beginning.

The other day I picked up scissors from Sally's, like I said and did research on trimming curly hair. I knew that I wanted to clean up my ends, but did not know how much I would be taking off.
I prepoo'd with shikakai oil(which stinks big time) and shampoo'd with my shikakai bar. I detangled with YTCuc's and then conditioned with amla oil, sealing my ends with Vatika oil. My hair loved the shikakai oil and poo bar. It was so soft in the shower, I couldn't believe it. And then the amla oil is just as softening. MM definitely likes ayurvedics!
While prepooing I separated my hair into sections and began to trim. The left side, my stretched out/wavy side, went well. Not many splits at all. I took off an inch, still APL, which means I may have been creeping to BSL. On the right side, my curlier side, I met resistance. There were splits everywhere, I mean splits within splits, above splits, below splits....Splitsville! So, being the low stress person I am, I just hacked off about 2+ inches TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates - Page 3 Icon_eek . Then I realized I would need to do the same on the left side if I wanted any congruency TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates - Page 3 Icon_mad .... I decided against congruency and merely trimmed another 1/2" on the left before realizing that I will just leave it until they kind of catch up.
Now the back, my 4a section, I have always had layers in the back because it looks great curly to me, so I removed about an inch, maybe a smidge more, just because I couldn't see the ends well. While looking in the mirror though, I saw maybe 2 splits, so the back was doing well.

Do NOT freak when you see the pic, it looks shorter than it is, or at least that's what we hope TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates - Page 3 Affraid . It is hair and I know that it grows pretty much on it's own. So it's not a big deal. My front sections have little to no curl pattern, so they look a bit longer, but when styled it all falls into place.
TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates - Page 3 Photo_53

I did learn a big lesson from this: I am NOT a hair stylist! LOL
I will probably never cut my hair again, especially while watching the Lakers lose!

With some love and care, MM will be back to APL by August and BSL here we come (December!)

Have a great day!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 11th June 2010, 4:30 pm

TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates - Page 3 Lol @ don't freak out at the pic. I understand shrinkage especially when our hair dries and is unstretched.
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 11th June 2010, 4:47 pm

Terra said: MM likes low manipulation that does not equate to stress on the roots. Which is why buns break my hair off (stress where the hair tie goes), as well as cornrows. I thought that by braiding it myself, it would help, gut it didn't. AS loose as I braided, my scalp and roots are sensitive to any tugging.
Hey Terra- I thought that was just me. My hair responds better to being out. I remember before becoming a permie that my hair would often break from using hair bands and definitely around the crown from braids. SO-- I really try my best to leave it out, except at night when I twist it. We seem to be getting along rather well although I sometimes see others with the protective buns, etc and wish I could.

And congrats on cutting your own hair despite the Lakers loss (especially if you're a fan!)! I think you did a great job. I am considering giving it a try so it's nice to see what happens when others give it a try.
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by Karyn 11th June 2010, 4:54 pm

TerraD wrote:
Karyn wrote:heyyy terra! i have a slightly random question haha

Congrats! Shorts are appropriate if at the knee or longer. Just think business casual. But, remember hospitals are usually pretty chilly, so shorts may freeze you LOL. After the first day, you can gauge what other people are wearing, but they may not even allow jeans (my hospital doesn't, even dressy ones)!

oh my! lol. i don't know what i'll do without jeans TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates - Page 3 Kopfschuettel especially since hospitals are super cold. thanks for the help! i'll definitely be checking out what the other people are wearing. i'm off to browse through lookbook now for some ideas TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates - Page 3 Icon_lol
Karyn
Karyn

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 11th June 2010, 5:02 pm

poeticlyspkng wrote:
Hey Terra- I thought that was just me. My hair responds better to being out. I remember before becoming a permie that my hair would often break from using hair bands and definitely around the crown from braids. SO-- I really try my best to leave it out, except at night when I twist it. We seem to be getting along rather well although I sometimes see others with the protective buns, etc and wish I could.

And congrats on cutting your own hair despite the Lakers loss (especially if you're a fan!)! I think you did a great job. I am considering giving it a try so it's nice to see what happens when others give it a try.

So not alone!
I always want to do the protective styling thing and my hair freaks. I am going to finish the month with braids and I still love twists and buns, but my hair likes to be free. When I had straight hair it was the same, like yours. When I just straightened it and left it alone, it grew, but when I wore ponytails it would break. It just goes to show that what works for some may not work for others. Look at our very own CurlyNikki, she wears her hair out most of the time and will do low manipulation protective styles (loose buns/ponytails). I adore our protective styling ladies (Chrs, Tia, Lynnie, Bholmes), I just know that it's not for me TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates - Page 3 Kopfschuettel .
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 11th June 2010, 5:03 pm

Karyn wrote:
oh my! lol. i don't know what i'll do without jeans TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates - Page 3 Kopfschuettel especially since hospitals are super cold. thanks for the help! i'll definitely be checking out what the other people are wearing. i'm off to browse through lookbook now for some ideas TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates - Page 3 Icon_lol

I love lookbook!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 11th June 2010, 5:10 pm

I've trimmed once last August. I did it while curly, dry and with product. This way I could see how each curl fell. I plan to have it trimmed dry again in August. We shall see 'cause I am so not wanting someone to cut my hair improperly.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates - Page 3 Empty My IMI Originals Photoshoot!!!!!

Post by TerraD 11th June 2010, 6:08 pm

Ladies, MM and I are off to the grocery store! But I wanted to post my photo shoot that I just had. My hair is in a curly fro, the way I used to do it (like the vid posted above). I woke up last night and did it after my hair was near dry, so it's not as cute as it normally is, but you get the picture. I am modeling my IMI Originals!!!! Woot! So check them out:

TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates - Page 3 Photo_55
TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates - Page 3 Photo_56
TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates - Page 3 Photo_57
TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates - Page 3 Photo_58
TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates - Page 3 Photo_59
TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates - Page 3 Photo_60
And now the really fun ones!
TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates - Page 3 Photo_61
TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates - Page 3 Photo_62
TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates - Page 3 Photo_63
TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates - Page 3 Photo_64
TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates - Page 3 Photo_65
Yes, I had fun TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates - Page 3 Icon_redface !
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 11th June 2010, 6:10 pm

ChrsLvsBks wrote:I've trimmed once last August. I did it while curly, dry and with product. This way I could see how each curl fell. I plan to have it trimmed dry again in August. We shall see 'cause I am so not wanting someone to cut my hair improperly.

That's what I did. I will probably not trim until the end of the year, I will stick to search and destroys!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next