CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yarn Braids (again)!

+38
MissyCee
Sebastain13
ChrsLvsBks
priceless
freckledmom4
SheeTacular
KinkyNappyHappy
Naturally Esq
Muz
rayray19
cyclingchick
MellowOne
Lynnieluve
CrissyQ
CurlsGalore
TheRYL1
iri9109
poeticlyspkng
mstokes2008
Cnicoles6
QuietButterfly
curlsunfurled
sweetdrk1
nattyblog
wyldhoney
Neems
Naturally Zee
WhosThatRedHead
Renny
CocoEuro
Nikcoils
krazy coils
MomnWife
DvaAuNaturel
jlowman1
ktoliver5303
TiffNotANY
Ebbz
42 posters

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Yarn Braids (again)! - Page 9 Empty Re: Yarn Braids (again)!

Post by Freestyles 15th December 2010, 10:30 pm

Pretty twists! Sorry your flat iron was a fail...it'll get better.

---Reese afro
Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 15th December 2010, 10:34 pm

Sorry about the failed flat iron and heat damage. Which heat protectant did you use? Your twist turned out really cute.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebbz 15th December 2010, 11:02 pm

Thank you ladies! My twists really boosted my confidence again since they came out so good.

@Lynnie, I used Tresemme Heat Tamer. And when I say I had minimal heat damage...I mean minimal! With three scissor snips, the heat damage ends were gone. And I think thats because I kept running over sections with the flat iron to try to get my ends straight.
Ebbz
Ebbz

https://www.facebook.com/ekragin or www.twitter.com/TRUELIFE_ebbz

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 15th December 2010, 11:05 pm

Did you use the comb pass method? I think that's what it is called
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebbz 16th December 2010, 12:17 am

Lynnieluve wrote:Did you use the comb pass method? I think that's what it is called

No. I didn't use it. I had never even heard of it until I saw that video you posted the other day. But thinking about it now, it probably would have made a difference.
Ebbz
Ebbz

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 16th December 2010, 12:22 am

sorry that flat iron didn't work..im too scared to apply heat to my hair so at least you have more courage then me..bur your twist are cute!! I'm about to take my bands out (my hair has been banded all day) and I think im going to try and do my twist smaller too
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebbz 16th December 2010, 12:44 am

rayray19 wrote:sorry that flat iron didn't work..im too scared to apply heat to my hair so at least you have more courage then me..bur your twist are cute!! I'm about to take my bands out (my hair has been banded all day) and I think im going to try and do my twist smaller too

lol! I was ready! I guess because I had a new flat iron and wanted to try it out. But i think I'll leave it alone until my bday maybe (March). And I like smaller twists because I don't have to do much to my hair for a few days. I just don't care for the time it takes to put them in. lol
Ebbz
Ebbz

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 16th December 2010, 2:47 am

Hey my bdays in March too on the 1st!!! and yea they did take a min too put in but they should last awhile..im trying not to mess with my hair much over winter break but all this extra time makes me what to try so many things!!
have you done a blow out yet??
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 16th December 2010, 9:39 am

I agree your twists are cute!
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebbz 16th December 2010, 5:13 pm

rayray19 wrote:Hey my bdays in March too on the 1st!!! and yea they did take a min too put in but they should last awhile..im trying not to mess with my hair much over winter break but all this extra time makes me what to try so many things!!
have you done a blow out yet??

Mine is March 11th! woot! and i know what you mean about the extra time. at school I had to make time for my hair...at home I have all the time in the world but I have restrain myself because too much manipulation is bad! I tried a blow out when I was 3 months post I think. it was ok...lasted about two days. The comb attachment on my blow dry sucks and its definitely not made for my type of hair. lol
Ebbz
Ebbz

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebbz 16th December 2010, 5:13 pm

krazy coils wrote:I agree your twists are cute!

thanks! i'm jealous of your hair in your avi!
Ebbz
Ebbz

Back to top Go down

Post by CocoEuro 19th December 2010, 5:17 pm

Ebbz wrote:I tried to flat iron my hair. I failed.
I shampooed, deep conditioned and blow dried it. Flat ironed it with the heat protectant but my ends were rough and tough and just not cutting it!

[img]Yarn Braids (again)! - Page 9 05310[/img]
[img]Yarn Braids (again)! - Page 9 06110[/img]

I must have missed something along the way because it just wasn't right. I had to go out to dinner with some friends that night so I just threw on a half wig I have.
[img]Yarn Braids (again)! - Page 9 04210[/img]

Wow...your hair is growing back quick!! I remember when you BC'd

I washed my hair the next day (yesterday) and was happy to find very very little heat damage. Just a few strands right on the ends. I just decided to twist it up and leave it alone for a while. I cowashed with VO5 which was pretty good. I twisted my hair with a some stuff that I just threw together because my pockets are ____________. No money to buy the ORS Lock and Twist gel that I want.

I mixed Smooth N Shine Gellation Gel (clear) that i bought when I was transitioning, some Long Aid curl activator gel and some Lustrasilk Cholesterol. I didn't measure anything just threw what I though was a good amount together lol
I put some on each section and put shea butter on my ends and twisted away. I did them smaller than usually and my hair looks a lot fuller and like it might last longer.
[img]Yarn Braids (again)! - Page 9 06510[/img][img]Yarn Braids (again)! - Page 9 06610[/img]
CocoEuro
CocoEuro

http://naturalcurlykinks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 21st December 2010, 3:03 am

Hey Ebbz!!! i was browsing through your journal trying to find your yarn braid pics and came across and looked good!!!.. i plan on putting some in after Christmas (I was going to the Africans but after looking at yours and a couple youtube videos Im sold!!)

so do you have any tips?? I plan on using the red heart yarn to avoid my hair locking..but how long did it take you?? and how long did you leave them in??

rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebbz 21st December 2010, 3:53 am

rayray19 wrote:Hey Ebbz!!! i was browsing through your journal trying to find your yarn braid pics and came across and looked good!!!.. i plan on putting some in after Christmas (I was going to the Africans but after looking at yours and a couple youtube videos Im sold!!)

so do you have any tips?? I plan on using the red heart yarn to avoid my hair locking..but how long did it take you?? and how long did you leave them in??

I've been braiding since I've been in high school so it comes easy for me. But for your first time it might take a while to get your technique down. I was in school the last time I did them so I think it took me 3 or 4 days to finish my whole head. I just did enough to put in a ponytail and just kept workin on the rest in between classes and studying. Watch BlackOnyx77's vids on youtube about yarn braids. She helped me out a lot. And also, don't put too much product in your hair before you braid it. You don't want to get build up or get too much product on the yarn. I usually just use a leave in conditioner and a little shea butter before I braid my hair. Some ppl suggest using 3 pieces of yarn instead of two(youtube vids) but for you, I wouldn't because your face is small, so you want small braids. I tie the ends of mine and burn them like BlackOnyx77 does hers and I just put them in a ponytail at night with a satin scarf around them and moisturized daily with a mix of water and oil in a spray bottle. You can shampoo them just like regular hair if you want to or you can clean just your scalp with baking soda and water like Black Onyx does. I just used shampoo like I wash washing my own hair just to make sure I washed the hair WITHIN the braids, and not just my scalp. They are VERY low maintenance and my hair grew a lot while it was in them.

I'm glad you asked me this because I started my second set tonight! lol
Ebbz
Ebbz

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 21st December 2010, 4:31 am

thanks that helped ALOT!! and yea i plain on making them small I hate when my braids look chunky..and i watched blackoynx I plan on using her method, also i saw another girl on youtube and she braided it with 1 piece of yarn and it gave her a micro look (I might do that)..and aww post pics when your done..Im all anxious now!! lol
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebbz 21st December 2010, 4:35 am

rayray19 wrote:thanks that helped ALOT!! and yea i plain on making them small I hate when my braids look chunky..and i watched blackoynx I plan on using her method, also i saw another girl on youtube and she braided it with 1 piece of yarn and it gave her a micro look (I might do that)..and aww post pics when your done..Im all anxious now!! lol

I will def post pics! and one piece of yarn? where is her third strand coming from? i'm so confused on that... scratch
Ebbz
Ebbz

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 21st December 2010, 4:56 am

she twisted instead of braiding..she took one piece of yarn and fold it to get 2 strands..she use her hair as the 3 strand and braided for a quick min to make sure it wouldnt slide out..then she combined her hair to one of the strands and began twisting it..I tried to find her video but it was lost in the thousands of yarn tutorials on youtube
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 21st December 2010, 11:36 am

Sorry about the flatiron mishap, but thankfully you had a halfwig on hand as a backup! Good job on your twists.

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebbz 21st December 2010, 5:58 pm

rayray19 wrote:she twisted instead of braiding..she took one piece of yarn and fold it to get 2 strands..she use her hair as the 3 strand and braided for a quick min to make sure it wouldnt slide out..then she combined her hair to one of the strands and began twisting it..I tried to find her video but it was lost in the thousands of yarn tutorials on youtube

What did she do with the ends of the twists?
Ebbz
Ebbz

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebbz 21st December 2010, 6:00 pm

LaToya28 wrote:Sorry about the flatiron mishap, but thankfully you had a halfwig on hand as a backup! Good job on your twists.

Thanks!
Ebbz
Ebbz

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 22nd December 2010, 2:38 am

Ebbz wrote:
rayray19 wrote:she twisted instead of braiding..she took one piece of yarn and fold it to get 2 strands..she use her hair as the 3 strand and braided for a quick min to make sure it wouldnt slide out..then she combined her hair to one of the strands and began twisting it..I tried to find her video but it was lost in the thousands of yarn tutorials on youtube

What did she do with the ends of the twists?

I think she burned it..I tried her method but it was wayy to small!!! so im doing the 2 strand method..I have the front done and plan on doing the back tomorrow..this is alot of work, but i got the hang of it now..

Thanks again for your help
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebbz 24th December 2010, 3:17 am

No problem! Glad you got it done. Its such a versatile and easy maintenance protective style! lol and cheap!
Ebbz
Ebbz

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 25th December 2010, 4:38 pm

Merry Christmas!!
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebbz 26th December 2010, 11:55 pm

I finally finished my second set of yarn braids. I did a hot oil treatment with Africa's Best Herbal Oil and Shea Butter and then I co washed my hair with V05 and detangled with my fingers. The V05 made it very easy to detangle my hair and I will definitely be buying that again.

I plan to leave these in at least until the end of January, maybe longer.

[img]Yarn Braids (again)! - Page 9 Yarn_b10[/img]

[img]Yarn Braids (again)! - Page 9 Yarn_b11[/img]

[img]Yarn Braids (again)! - Page 9 Yarn_b12[/img]

I just finished dipping them in hot water and hopefully they will come out wavy tomorrow.
Ebbz
Ebbz

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 27th December 2010, 2:01 am

Looking good!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next