CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yarn Braids (again)!

+38
MissyCee
Sebastain13
ChrsLvsBks
priceless
freckledmom4
SheeTacular
KinkyNappyHappy
Naturally Esq
Muz
rayray19
cyclingchick
MellowOne
Lynnieluve
CrissyQ
CurlsGalore
TheRYL1
iri9109
poeticlyspkng
mstokes2008
Cnicoles6
QuietButterfly
curlsunfurled
sweetdrk1
nattyblog
wyldhoney
Neems
Naturally Zee
WhosThatRedHead
Renny
CocoEuro
Nikcoils
krazy coils
MomnWife
DvaAuNaturel
jlowman1
ktoliver5303
TiffNotANY
Ebbz
42 posters

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Yarn Braids (again)! - Page 6 Empty Re: Yarn Braids (again)!

Post by Naturally Esq 19th July 2010, 5:18 am

Ebbz wrote:ok...I lied, no pics. I had a very busy and interesting Yarn Braids (again)! - Page 6 Icon_mad day. My grandfather was recently diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and was hospitalized today due to an allergic reaction to some meds he was prescribed. The doctor and nurses then proceed to overload his system with all kinds of other meds for the allergic reaction and to keep his blood sugar down as a result of it sky rocketing BECAUSE of the meds for the reaction. I was not pleased by this and by the end of my visit in his room, they knew that. Yarn Braids (again)! - Page 6 Icon_mad If any of you ladies know of any "home remedies" or natural ways to lower blood sugar and blood pressure, please let me know. Anything is better than a handful of pharmaceuticals.

My avi is me before I went out with my girls for a girls night out to the Comedy House to see Tyler Craig. Today was the first day I wore my TWA without a headband. I was kind of self conscious about the way it looked without one the first two days, but now, I don't care. I love it either way. I do want some more headbands to add to my collection though.

I've noticed a lot more coils in my hair underneath all the "fuzziness" and around my edges...Very excited about that and seeing how it looks once it begins to grow out. I joined the TWA challenge today too. You can check my stats under Natural Hair Challenges---->TWA Challenge Month 2.

Here are links to Earth Clinic re diabetes and hypertension remedies:

http://www.earthclinic.com/CURES/diabetes.html

http://www.earthclinic.com/CURES/blood_pressure.html

HTH
Naturally Esq
Naturally Esq

Back to top Go down

Post by CocoEuro 19th July 2010, 6:02 am

Ebbz wrote:Ladies my hair felt so dry and brittle yesterday, I must have moisturized it 4 or 5 times throughout the day! I spritzed it twice with my spray bottle mix and used some shea butter. I used my oil moisturizer another time and before I went to bed I spritzed it with the spray bottle, used leave in conditioner and shea butter and sealed with oil. It payed off though. My hair was soft when I woke up this morning.

My grandfather hates my hair. His exact words were "I don't know who talked you into cutting all your hair off, but don't let them talk you into anything else, ever again!" But I expected his reaction to be less than pleased. Long, thick hair runs in our family so that's what he's used to. Even my grandmother wears long wigs and weaves.

I rocked my TWA with lots of curl definition thanks to my IC Fantasia gel, (which I love because it doesn't make my hair hard or too dry) to church this morning and got lots of compliments. It feels good to be accepted, no matter what kind of hair I have.

awww Grandpa!!! LOL!!! Your hair WILL be thick and long soon!!!! and healthy!!! don't worry!
CocoEuro
CocoEuro

http://naturalcurlykinks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebbz 19th July 2010, 2:21 pm

Naturally Esq wrote:
Ebbz wrote:ok...I lied, no pics. I had a very busy and interesting Yarn Braids (again)! - Page 6 Icon_mad day. My grandfather was recently diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and was hospitalized today due to an allergic reaction to some meds he was prescribed. The doctor and nurses then proceed to overload his system with all kinds of other meds for the allergic reaction and to keep his blood sugar down as a result of it sky rocketing BECAUSE of the meds for the reaction. I was not pleased by this and by the end of my visit in his room, they knew that. Yarn Braids (again)! - Page 6 Icon_mad If any of you ladies know of any "home remedies" or natural ways to lower blood sugar and blood pressure, please let me know. Anything is better than a handful of pharmaceuticals.

My avi is me before I went out with my girls for a girls night out to the Comedy House to see Tyler Craig. Today was the first day I wore my TWA without a headband. I was kind of self conscious about the way it looked without one the first two days, but now, I don't care. I love it either way. I do want some more headbands to add to my collection though.

I've noticed a lot more coils in my hair underneath all the "fuzziness" and around my edges...Very excited about that and seeing how it looks once it begins to grow out. I joined the TWA challenge today too. You can check my stats under Natural Hair Challenges---->TWA Challenge Month 2.

Here are links to Earth Clinic re diabetes and hypertension remedies:

http://www.earthclinic.com/CURES/diabetes.html

http://www.earthclinic.com/CURES/blood_pressure.html

HTH

Thanks for the links! I will be sure to check those out before I go check on him today.
Ebbz
Ebbz

https://www.facebook.com/ekragin or www.twitter.com/TRUELIFE_ebbz

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebbz 19th July 2010, 2:22 pm

CocoEuro wrote:
Ebbz wrote:Ladies my hair felt so dry and brittle yesterday, I must have moisturized it 4 or 5 times throughout the day! I spritzed it twice with my spray bottle mix and used some shea butter. I used my oil moisturizer another time and before I went to bed I spritzed it with the spray bottle, used leave in conditioner and shea butter and sealed with oil. It payed off though. My hair was soft when I woke up this morning.

My grandfather hates my hair. His exact words were "I don't know who talked you into cutting all your hair off, but don't let them talk you into anything else, ever again!" But I expected his reaction to be less than pleased. Long, thick hair runs in our family so that's what he's used to. Even my grandmother wears long wigs and weaves.

I rocked my TWA with lots of curl definition thanks to my IC Fantasia gel, (which I love because it doesn't make my hair hard or too dry) to church this morning and got lots of compliments. It feels good to be accepted, no matter what kind of hair I have.

awww Grandpa!!! LOL!!! Your hair WILL be thick and long soon!!!! and healthy!!! don't worry!

I tried to explain that to him too, but he doesn't listen. He has to see it to believe it and I pray he's still around when I have long natural hair bushy and thick and healthy and down my back! Yarn Braids (again)! - Page 6 879602
Ebbz
Ebbz

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebbz 20th July 2010, 12:45 am

I'm getting used to my hair now and figuring out what works and what
doesn't work. My hair loooooooooooooves Hawaiian Silky 14n1! When I was
transitioning, I wasn't too sure about it, but after using it a few days
on my natural hair, that stuff really is a Miracle Worker so it will
definitely be a staple that goes back to school with me. My Garnier
Fructis Leave In is the best leave in I have to use under my IC Fantasia
Gel, which I love! That combination leaves my hair soft, moisturized
and defined! I'm going to revisit my Smooth N Shine gel using the same
leave in and see how that works. But the IC Fantasia will also be
another staple. I'm still working on my bedtime moisturizing combo but
so far my spritz, shea butter mix and Hawaiian Silky work the best.

I really want some new hair accessories to spice up my TWA but I'm flat
broke! We're goin on a family vacation to the beach Thursday so
hopefully I'll find some cute stuff down there and hopefully my mother
will be in a loving mood when I find it! Yarn Braids (again)! - Page 6 Lol

I wanted to do a product review for you guys on the samples I got a while back for Pantene's new shampoo and conditioner for curly hair : Curly Hair Series-Dry to Moisturized, but as I read the ingredients list, I was shocked and disgusted! Now I don't follow a strict curly girl regimen, but I wouldn't dare pay for this crap!

Shampoo:
Water, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl
Betaine, Sodium Chloride, Glycol Distearate, Citric Acid, Sodium
Citrate, Cocamide MEA, Sodium Xylene Sulfonate, Fragrance, Dimethicone,
Sodium Benzoate, Polyquaternium 76, Tetrasodium EDTA, Panthenol,
Panthenyl Ethyl Ether, Methylchloroisothiazolinone,
Methylisothiazolinone

Conditioners:
Water, Stearyl Alcohol, Bis Aminopropyl Dimethicone, Behentrimonium
Methylsulfate, Cetyl Alcohol, Fragrance, Isopropyl Alcohol, Benzyl
Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Panthenol, Panthenyl Ethyl Ether,
Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone

What the heck???? I have no words. Yarn Braids (again)! - Page 6 Icon_evil
Ebbz
Ebbz

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 20th July 2010, 7:17 am

Ebbz

First, Congratulations on your BC, Second, I had to put my mom in the hospital on my birthday about 6 years ago. She was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, and that was a very interesting hospital stay. Thank goodness she was only walking distance from my job. I took her to the hospital at 11am and by 3pm they hadn't started an IV and she was dehydrated!!!

I told the nurse that they could attached that saline to the wall, but I was only 5 minutes away just take your time. They had an IV going by the time I got there.

Advice to you and your fam...stay on top of those doctors. I don't know why they are even practicing medicine, because they treat our beloved seniors any kinda of way.

Trust me your grandfather will come to love your hair...trust me. My mom who was NOT a fan when I did my BC almost 9 months ago gave me a compliment Saturday!!! I didn't push the envelope, but I was like this... Shocked

Have you had a chance to look at TRESemme' natural shampoo and conditioner. I love the conditioner...MahoganyCurls (who follows the CG method) did a review on this in her thread. When you get a chance you should check it out!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebbz 20th July 2010, 1:39 pm

I don't know why doctors and other professionals in the medical field treat our senior citizens that way. Not all of them do it, but there are a good bit that have no respect for our elders. But I will stay on top of his doctors. Its a shame I have to do that though...

I've never seen the TRESemme' Naturals line. I used to use their shampoos when I was relaxed and I'm still trying to find a shampoo that will be a staple for me so I might give them a try. Thanks for the suggestion.
Ebbz
Ebbz

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebbz 20th July 2010, 3:28 pm

My hair today...using headbands from the kiddy hair section at my favorite BSS. Don't judge me. Yarn Braids (again)! - Page 6 Lol They were all different colors and I got about 12 of them in a pack for $1.50

Co-washed and used a leave in and a little gel (about half as much as I usually use when I want defined curls).

[img]Yarn Braids (again)! - Page 6 1_week10[/img]
Ebbz
Ebbz

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 20th July 2010, 7:14 pm

Hey Lady!! I am just getting caught up. I am sorry you felt unsupported. I must apologize for my absence.

I love the BC!!

Keep up the good work!!
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebbz 20th July 2010, 9:46 pm

SheeTacular_Napps wrote:Hey Lady!! I am just getting caught up. I am sorry you felt unsupported. I must apologize for my absence.

I love the BC!!

Keep up the good work!!

Thanks so much! Yeah a lot has happened since the last time you came to visit lol
Ebbz
Ebbz

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebbz 21st July 2010, 2:26 pm

I'm sooooooooooooo happy. I went in Walgreens and found Suave conditioners for $1. I bought the Juice Green Apple and Tropical Coconut. I also stocked up on some other staples, like my oil and cholesterol (I got the one with Olive Oil this time) at my favorite beauty supply store.

I also made some more whipped shea butter, using some tea tree oil I bought and my Africa's Best Herbal Oil. I shampooed my natural hair last night for the first time using Creme of Nature Ultra Moisturizing Shampoo. My transitioning/relaxed hair was not fond of this, but I believe my natural hair likes it alot! It has a sulfate in it, but it didn't leave my hair dry at all. This could also be because I pre-pooed with a hot oil treatment and melted shea butter.

I joined the 4 week solid regimen challenge so here is what I plan to do:

Co wash every other day (Suave Naturals conditioners)
Pre-poo/Shampoo once every two weeks (Creme of Nature)
DC once a week (Lustrasilk Cholesterol and oils) and detangle
Moisturize every night with spritz and whipped shea butter
Leave Ins/Moisturizers: Garnier Fructis and Hawaiian Silky 14n1
Styler: IC Fantasia gel with Olive Oil

This challenge lasts until August 16. Hopefully this will help me in the TWA growth challenge as well.
Ebbz
Ebbz

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebbz 22nd July 2010, 12:15 am

Tried to blow out my hair tonight...EPIC FAIL. It looked the exact same way it does when I comb it out and let it air dry with no gel. It was maybe a fourth of an inch longer....I was trying to get some length so I could twist it, but the only way that will work is if I twist it really small and I just don't have the patience for that.

I just spritzed it, moisturized it with my shea butter mix and threw on a bonnet.

I'm leaving tomorrow for our family vacation the the beach...so maybe I'll get some ideas for my hair while I'm relaxing by the water....be back later this weekend.
Ebbz
Ebbz

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog 22nd July 2010, 12:41 am

Ebbz wrote:My hair today...using headbands from the kiddy hair section at my favorite BSS. Don't judge me. Yarn Braids (again)! - Page 6 Lol They were all different colors and I got about 12 of them in a pack for $1.50

Co-washed and used a leave in and a little gel (about half as much as I usually use when I want defined curls).

[img]Yarn Braids (again)! - Page 6 1_week10[/img]

This is a very cute pic. I love the color of your headbands!
nattyblog
nattyblog

http://naturalgeek.onsugar.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebbz 24th July 2010, 11:19 pm

Thank You Natty!

I'm back from the beach with loads of hair accessories and jewelry! Yarn Braids (again)! - Page 6 617583 If anyone wants some pretty cheap headbands that can be dressed up or down and some hair pins, hair flowers, and other hair accessories, check out Rue 21 if you have one in your area. I have one here at home but the selection at the one at the beach was a lot better and I got most of them for half price. I'll take pics of them and post them tomorrow after church.

Still on the 4 week regimen. I was tempted to buy some new products while I was gone to try them out, but I resisted the temptation because of the challenge.

I must admit, I am a little frustrated with my hair. I have no desire to relax, but I'm bored with the length because all I can do are WnGs. Hopefully it will start growing. I don't think I can wear my half wigs because the front of my hair is short and its very hard to get it to lay down...
Ebbz
Ebbz

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebbz 26th July 2010, 8:12 pm

DC'd today! Felt good to pamper my hair!
[img]Yarn Braids (again)! - Page 6 10610[/img]

Me at the beach with some new thread earrings that I love (got them from Payless Shoes before I went on vacation)
[img]Yarn Braids (again)! - Page 6 01310[/img]

My new hair accessories and some more earrings...
[img]Yarn Braids (again)! - Page 6 13610[/img]

[img]Yarn Braids (again)! - Page 6 13710[/img]

[img]Yarn Braids (again)! - Page 6 13810[/img]

[img]Yarn Braids (again)! - Page 6 13911[/img]

[img]Yarn Braids (again)! - Page 6 14110[/img]
Ebbz
Ebbz

Back to top Go down

Post by cyclingchick 26th July 2010, 9:55 pm

Love the accessories...and I bought the same pair of payless earrings! LOL
cyclingchick
cyclingchick

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebbz 26th July 2010, 10:11 pm

cyclingchick wrote:Love the accessories...and I bought the same pair of payless earrings! LOL

I love them! I might go back and get the brown/green ones I saw too!
Ebbz
Ebbz

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 27th July 2010, 1:13 am

Nice stuff!!!
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by CocoEuro 27th July 2010, 11:56 am

ooo..you have goodiess!!!!
CocoEuro
CocoEuro

http://naturalcurlykinks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebbz 30th July 2010, 12:44 pm

I'm featured on KinkyKurlyQueen's website Naturally Obsessed. Check it out ladies...http://naturallyobsessed.onsugar.com/
Ebbz
Ebbz

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebbz 3rd August 2010, 2:40 pm

Quick Update....I go back to school on the 16th! Yarn Braids (again)! - Page 6 Icon_cheers Yarn Braids (again)! - Page 6 678474 Yarn Braids (again)! - Page 6 617583

So I've been busy getting that situation in order. (I hate doing things at the last minute when it comes to school so I do everything as early as possible)

Hair

Its growing....slowly, but its growing. I haven't been going too many places lately so I haven't had the need to "style" it. Just keep it moisturized and wrapped up for the most part. I can't wait until it grows out so I can wear it in some protective styles. At a month post I will be posting progress pics for the TWA growth Challenge.
Ebbz
Ebbz

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebbz 5th August 2010, 7:38 pm

Check it out! Yarn Braids (again)! - Page 6 678474
Ebbz
Ebbz

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 5th August 2010, 8:31 pm

Saw your feature. Great job and very inspiring I am sure you helped someone out there transitioning and strugling with self esteem.
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebbz 5th August 2010, 10:54 pm

npmoore04 wrote:Saw your feature. Great job and very inspiring I am sure you helped someone out there transitioning and strugling with self esteem.

Thanks! That is definitely my goal!
Ebbz
Ebbz

Back to top Go down

Post by mstokes2008 5th August 2010, 11:06 pm

Great story on the front page!!!
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next