CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yarn Braids (again)!

+38
MissyCee
Sebastain13
ChrsLvsBks
priceless
freckledmom4
SheeTacular
KinkyNappyHappy
Naturally Esq
Muz
rayray19
cyclingchick
MellowOne
Lynnieluve
CrissyQ
CurlsGalore
TheRYL1
iri9109
poeticlyspkng
mstokes2008
Cnicoles6
QuietButterfly
curlsunfurled
sweetdrk1
nattyblog
wyldhoney
Neems
Naturally Zee
WhosThatRedHead
Renny
CocoEuro
Nikcoils
krazy coils
MomnWife
DvaAuNaturel
jlowman1
ktoliver5303
TiffNotANY
Ebbz
42 posters

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Yarn Braids (again)! - Page 8 Empty Re: Yarn Braids (again)!

Post by rayray19 19th November 2010, 1:45 pm

girl who u telling they will not let us enjoy our thanksgiving break for NOTHING!!!

but congrats on your 4 month!!! cant wait to see your growth pics
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 19th November 2010, 7:10 pm

Happy 4 months.
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 19th November 2010, 8:10 pm

Happy 4 months!!! We want pics!!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Yarn Braids (again)! - Page 8 Empty New Hairdo-Pics

Post by Ebbz 30th November 2010, 8:48 pm

I never do what I say I'm going to do on here...so I'm just going to stop saying stuff like that lol

I lost my camera so I never came back with growth pics, but I found it today and it just so happens that I tried a new hairstyle today and it came out THE BOMB.COM! LOL

its a twistout pinned into a frohawk type hairstyle. I used Elasta QP Glaze to brush the sides back.

[img]Yarn Braids (again)! - Page 8 64510[/img]

[img]Yarn Braids (again)! - Page 8 63910[/img]

[img]Yarn Braids (again)! - Page 8 64010[/img]
Ebbz
Ebbz

https://www.facebook.com/ekragin or www.twitter.com/TRUELIFE_ebbz

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebbz 30th November 2010, 8:50 pm

Sorry the pics are a little blurry. I was too excited to hold the camera still lol
Ebbz
Ebbz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sebastain13 30th November 2010, 8:51 pm

Cute hair style
Sebastain13
Sebastain13

http://<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebbz 30th November 2010, 8:54 pm

Sebastain13 wrote:Cute hair style

thanks!
Ebbz
Ebbz

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebbz 5th December 2010, 6:13 pm

Getting a little frustrated with my hair. its at sort of an awkward length right now and I have to put like 20 twists in it just to get a nice twistout, which is a little time consuming. I just want it to grow! I want that length where i can put about 8 twists in and just go to bed!

My christmas break starts tuesday...i might be putting my yarn braids back in if i can't figure something else out.
Ebbz
Ebbz

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 5th December 2010, 6:20 pm

Has it been 4 months already? Bravo! Those awkward phases suck, but they pass! I so understand. Just hang in there. Maybe protective styling will help!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 5th December 2010, 6:42 pm

Loving the twist out..were the same length it looks like..so i understand you on the awkward phase..Im thinking about getting some braids while i'm home too (Im just scared ill miss my hair too much and take them out quick)
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebbz 5th December 2010, 6:49 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:Has it been 4 months already? Bravo! Those awkward phases suck, but they pass! I so understand. Just hang in there. Maybe protective styling will help!

Almost 5 now! and I will! I love my hair, just not loving the length right now...
Ebbz
Ebbz

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebbz 5th December 2010, 6:51 pm

rayray19 wrote:Loving the twist out..were the same length it looks like..so i understand you on the awkward phase..Im thinking about getting some braids while i'm home too (Im just scared ill miss my hair too much and take them out quick)

I was afraid of that when I put my yarn braids in the first time but I liked them so much I didn't miss my hair until about 4 weeks in! My hair grew a lot while it was in braids so I'm really thinking about putting them back in. I gonna try some diff styles first though like some more fro hawks and see what I come up with.
Ebbz
Ebbz

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 5th December 2010, 8:44 pm

You and I are thinking the same thing. I actually just typed it on another page. I was thinking braids too. A nice short style. I'm at the 4 month phase also and ready for some serious growth like others I see.
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebbz 7th December 2010, 4:08 am

I decided to straighten. With the cold weather it should last a while. I ordered a Remington One Inch Tstudio Ceramic Sleek and Style Flat Iron from Target.com. It was only $20 (great for my budget) and free shipping! I should receive it early next week. I just need to find a good heat protectant in the mean time.
[img]Yarn Braids (again)! - Page 8 41sfde10[/img]
Ebbz
Ebbz

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 7th December 2010, 6:54 pm

The heat protectant I use is called Silk Elements Heat Protection Spray. I got it from Sally's for around 6 or 7 dollars. I really like it so far. I've also heard that grapeseed oil is a good heat protectant.
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebbz 9th December 2010, 1:01 am

I left my cowash conditioners at school on accident so I had to get some more. On the way home from church, I got one of my friends to stop at Walgreens.

I bought:
Garnier Fructis Fortifying Cream Conditioner (Triple Nutrition)
Tresemme' Thermal Creations Heat Tamer Spray
VO5 moisture milks passion fruit smoothie
Conair Color Vibes Satin Metallic Finish Cushion Brush (really just a regular ol' cushion/paddle brush with a fancy name) lol
and a shower comb

I can't wait to try the conditioners. When I do, I will come back and give you guys a review.
Ebbz
Ebbz

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 9th December 2010, 9:30 am

eeeek congrats on the 4 months!! i also hated the weird mullet stage but ps'in helped alot. be careful what u wish for cuz wit mo' hair-mo' problems! i was just travelin back down memory lane on lynnie's thread and i can remember all of starting around the same time. we've come such a long way but i really do miss those stages between the 1st and 5th month when life was soooo much simpler! im bout ready to BC anyday now...seriously!! i had the same pipe dreams when i first started where i couldnt wait for my hair to get long. my initial goal was like chrs length, maybe nikki's but i just knew i wanted it to be loooong n strong! well...its strong and gettin long but wit bein so busy wit life, motherhood n etc, my hair is just not top priority Crying or Very sad

anyhoo...lol good luck and the best advice i can give is stickin to a reggie!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebbz 9th December 2010, 3:51 pm

Thanks so much Natty for the advice! Yes, life is pretty simple right now so I guess I should cherish it. I really have to work on getting a reggie down while I'm home on break. It so hard to try and start one at school but I'm gonna work one out over this break and just tweak it while I'm at school to fit my schedule there!
Ebbz
Ebbz

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebbz 10th December 2010, 4:10 pm

[img]Yarn Braids (again)! - Page 8 Garnie10[/img]

I tried this products as a regular wash out conditioner after a shampoo and a leave in/moisturizer.
Ingredients
Aqua/Water/Eau, Cetearyl Alcohol, Elaeis Guineensis Oil/Palm Oil, Behentrimonium Chloride, Pyrus Malus Extract/Apple Fruit Extract, Glycerin, Parfum/Fragrance, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Niacinamide, Pyridoxine Hcl, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter/Shea Butter, Citric Acid, Oela Europaea Oil/Olive Fruit Oil, Saccharum Officinarum Extract/Sugar Cane Extract/Extrait De Canne A Sucre, Benzyl Alcohol, Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride, Persea Gratissima Oil/Avocado Oil, Ribes Nigrum Oil/Black Currant Seed Oil, Linalool, Citrus Medica Limonum Peel Extract/Lemon Peel Extract, Ci 19140/Yellow 5, Camellia Sinensis Extract/Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Ci 15985/Yellow 6. F.I.L. D35637/3.

Regular Conditioner
I shampooed my hair with Creme of Nature Ultra Moisturizing Shampoo, which I have been using since I BC'd. I then applied a generous amount of the Garnier conditioner to my hair and let it sit for about 3 minutes. The conditioner is a good consistency(creamy) and it smells great. I rinsed the conditioner out but noticed that it did not have much slip, if any! My hair did not feel soft and luxurious, but more like it was lacking something, like something was missing. My hair feels better when I rinse it with just plain old water, than it did when I rinsed out this conditioner. It did not feel hard or brittle, it just felt dry and uncared for, like I hadn't touched it in days. That is not what you expect from a conditioner. I will be trying it again and just a simple cowash conditioner (no shampoo) at a later date.

Leave In/Moisturizer
I rinsed all of the conditioner out of my hair and dried it with a cotton tshirt. I then applied about a quarter amount of the Garnier conditioner to my hair. I ran my shower comb through it a few times to evenly distribute the product and I let it sit for about 5 minutes and sealed with shea butter and my Africa's best oil. My hair was not completely dry when I went to bed (after putting on my satin bonnet) but when I woke my hair my hair is was still pretty moisturized. Not as much as when I use my shea butter mixture(which I can not find) but it was pretty decent. I spritzed my hair the next morning, applied a little more of the conditioner and sealed with shea butter and styled my hair in an afro like this...

[img]Yarn Braids (again)! - Page 8 Xmas_b10[/img]

I went on about my day and my hair stayed pretty moisturized throughout the day.

Overall, I do not like this conditioner as a regular, rinse out conditioner (unless I get better results with just a plain cowash) but I do thinks its a good moisturizer/leave in. Not the best, but in order to use it up and not throw it away, it will do.

So far it gets 3 out of 5 stars. If the cowash results are better it can move up to 4.
Hope this review helps!

P.S. I purchased this conditioner from Walgreens for $2.99 for a 13 oz.
Ebbz
Ebbz

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebbz 10th December 2010, 4:12 pm

please comment and let me know what you think of the review so I can improve for the future! Very Happy
Ebbz
Ebbz

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebbz 13th December 2010, 2:21 am

Update: This conditioner doesn't do much for my hair but it does WONDERS on my sister's relaxed hair!
Ebbz
Ebbz

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 13th December 2010, 2:35 am

It did nothing for my hair either.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 13th December 2010, 10:18 am

I mixed Garnier Triple Nutrition with honey and EVOO and used as a deep conditioner - my hair felt wonderful after a two hour marinade. It was soft and shiney and my color was popping.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 13th December 2010, 5:03 pm

BlondeByDesire wrote:I mixed Garnier Triple Nutrition with honey and EVOO and used as a deep conditioner - my hair felt wonderful after a two hour marinade. It was soft and shiney and my color was popping.

I might have to try that this weekend
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Yarn Braids (again)! - Page 8 Empty Flat Iron fail and lots of other pics..we're growing!

Post by Ebbz 15th December 2010, 10:28 pm

I tried to flat iron my hair. I failed.
I shampooed, deep conditioned and blow dried it. Flat ironed it with the heat protectant but my ends were rough and tough and just not cutting it!

[img]Yarn Braids (again)! - Page 8 05310[/img]
[img]Yarn Braids (again)! - Page 8 06110[/img]

I must have missed something along the way because it just wasn't right. I had to go out to dinner with some friends that night so I just threw on a half wig I have.
[img]Yarn Braids (again)! - Page 8 04210[/img]

I washed my hair the next day (yesterday) and was happy to find very very little heat damage. Just a few strands right on the ends. I just decided to twist it up and leave it alone for a while. I cowashed with VO5 which was pretty good. I twisted my hair with a some stuff that I just threw together because my pockets are ____________. No money to buy the ORS Lock and Twist gel that I want.

I mixed Smooth N Shine Gellation Gel (clear) that i bought when I was transitioning, some Long Aid curl activator gel and some Lustrasilk Cholesterol. I didn't measure anything just threw what I though was a good amount together lol
I put some on each section and put shea butter on my ends and twisted away. I did them smaller than usually and my hair looks a lot fuller and like it might last longer.
[img]Yarn Braids (again)! - Page 8 06510[/img][img]Yarn Braids (again)! - Page 8 06610[/img]
Ebbz
Ebbz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next