CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RayRay19: I am now a member of!!!!

+34
Kea::curls
NaturalG.R.I.T.S.
ChrsLvsBks
Smooth Jazz Luvr
j. kinky
DreamMerchant
mverde3
LadyMika
DivaDreamgirl
Kittabug
mstokes2008
CurlyChefRobin
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
Freestyles
sweetdrk1
krazy coils
queenshakirah
Sebastain13
NubieNatty
cyclingchick
Ebbz
Lynnieluve
jeanlouisangel
freckledmom4
natchralme
SheeTacular
LaToya28
mizcreativelyme
Thinice
Renny
MissyCee
CrissyQ
KinkyNappyHappy
rayray19
38 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

RayRay19: I am now a member of!!!! Empty Rayray19

Post by rayray19 28th November 2010, 2:36 am

So I've been on curly nikki for awhile and have stalked many ladies curl street journals but for some reason never did my own...well its about time..Hello all my name is Raven..ray for short and i'm from Charleston SC..I now attend school at Francis Marion univ in Florence and i'm majoring in nursing (hopefully i will be accepted in the program FALL 2011!!)) so about this hair of mines..

I did my BC on August 3rd 2010..so in a few days i will be 4 months natural!! and boy has this been a journey so far..I only transition for 2 months (if that) I was really impatient and wanted to see my natural hair sooo bad so transitioning wasn't going to work for me..because i really didn't transition into natural hair my BC was very very short!!..but i loved it and embraced every moment of it..but being a natural in college is hard..your around a lot of young adults who still behave like children..BOYS would always call me a BOY (they were just mad I could rock a twa better then them) and say stupid comments..but there are some that understand what it means to be natural and understand its not a taboo anymore..anywayz (had to vent a lil lol) I am now 4 months and have about 2inches..I was a wash and goer in the beginning of my journey but now twist outs are my thang!!

My fav product is qhemets AOHC
Go to styles is a fluffed out twist out
i deep condition religiously and...
Oh yea and i love hair accessories and big earring (which you can probably tell by the size of them hoopz lol)

so thats a lil about me..

Here's a couple pics from my journey so far...
My BC
RayRay19: I am now a member of!!!! 2010-010

2nd month
RayRay19: I am now a member of!!!! 2010-114

3rd month
RayRay19: I am now a member of!!!! Pictur29

RayRay19: I am now a member of!!!! 2010-113

so i guess its not a welcome to curlstreet for me..more like a..what took u so long!?!?! lol
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

RayRay19: I am now a member of!!!! Empty Re: RayRay19: I am now a member of!!!!

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 28th November 2010, 10:35 am

Hey rayray!!

You are right..this is not welcome, but what really took you so long!! LOL

I've seen you posting in the general thread, and I'm so glad you started your own journal/thread. Love your progression pictures. You are really wearing this natural you well!!

The same young men that called you a boy will so soon be in your face. Just wait and see!!! I see that you like big earrings and scarfs....nice look!!

KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 28th November 2010, 10:43 am

Welcome, I see you all the time on the other forums. Glad you joined us, I will be looking forward to following your journey.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 28th November 2010, 12:19 pm

Hey Ray!!! I've seen you also. And weve agreed that we are like sisters. I bc'd in early August after a short transiiton and I wear my twa mostly. I've tried the twist out, what are you using? You've inspired me to maybe get myself a story line going also. I will be watching for your threads and enjoying.....
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 28th November 2010, 12:51 pm

MissyCee wrote:Hey Ray!!! I've seen you also. And weve agreed that we are like sisters. I bc'd in early August after a short transiiton and I wear my twa mostly. I've tried the twist out, what are you using? You've inspired me to maybe get myself a story line going also. I will be watching for your threads and enjoying.....

hey!!! for my twist out i use qhemets AOHC..Im not a big fan of gel in more even though it does give more hold..i like how soft my twist out feels with AOHC..

@Kinkynappyhappy..wow I just realized I have a scarf on in every pic!!
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 28th November 2010, 1:12 pm

Hey Ray Ray - welcome to curl street!
Renny
Renny

http://www.rhondamcknight.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinice 28th November 2010, 1:39 pm

I will be reading your CSJ...healthy hair growth.
Thinice
Thinice

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 28th November 2010, 10:44 pm

Yeah I don't like how gel makes my hair feel either. I've been reading everything I can get my hands on, I've even read/watched some of Kimmytubes old vides on utube to get more information. i do like a conditioner (any old kind), oil spritz. I just want something to make it feel soft and also look nice. I haven't tried shea butter yet, I have tried the shea butter leave in conditioner and I am noticing a film on my hair. I did a acv rinse then a conditioner with honey and olive oil, now I want to try a twist out. Thanks for the encouragement and I wish you the best. We can work this together until we get our routines down.
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by mizcreativelyme 28th November 2010, 11:51 pm

Hey Ray! I've you around too...glad you created a journal. Best wishes in nursing school... that's a very rewarding career. cheers
mizcreativelyme
mizcreativelyme

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 30th November 2010, 4:24 pm

well today is wash day (unfortunatly i really dont feel like it but i havent washed my hair in about a week sooo might as well) right now im pre pooing with coconut oil/EVOO/qhemet AOHC...when i wake up from my nap (classes got my drained today) ill wash it and DC for awhile thennnnn style it with some twist for my good ol twist out!! sigh its sound like a long process right about now..

oh yea today my hair looked super BIG!! I fluffed it out a lil too much (losing my defintion from my twist out ) but boy was it big!!

RayRay19: I am now a member of!!!! 2010-115
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 30th November 2010, 7:16 pm

Love the pic. I bet people think we are crazy always playing in our hair!!. I think we are about the same length!!
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 30th November 2010, 9:00 pm

lol yea im always in class pullin, twirlin, and twisting my hair..they probably thinking why this girl cant take her hand out her head!!
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 1st December 2010, 11:24 am

Great growing rayray!

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 2nd December 2010, 4:33 pm

Ok Ray, I twisted my whole head, seeeeeee.. I prepood with Carrot Oil, Washed with KCCC Come Clean then conditioned with Hello Hydration, rinsed then.......I mixed Motions CPR Triple Action Leavin In Conditioner, had it on the shelf, want to use ti before I buy more, cocnut oil (finally found it yesterday), Aloe vera water and jojoba oil in a spray bottle. Sprayed my head then began to twist. Now I won't be wearing this anywhere, but what to do next?? I mean just untwist and seal and wear?? HELP????!!!!!
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 2nd December 2010, 4:38 pm

Ummm I changed the pic to show some growth!!! Not thick but it's there.
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 2nd December 2010, 11:01 pm

Welcome!! Loving the pics!!
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 4th December 2010, 1:58 am

MissyCee wrote:Ok Ray, I twisted my whole head, seeeeeee.. I prepood with Carrot Oil, Washed with KCCC Come Clean then conditioned with Hello Hydration, rinsed then.......I mixed Motions CPR Triple Action Leavin In Conditioner, had it on the shelf, want to use ti before I buy more, cocnut oil (finally found it yesterday), Aloe vera water and jojoba oil in a spray bottle. Sprayed my head then began to twist. Now I won't be wearing this anywhere, but what to do next?? I mean just untwist and seal and wear?? HELP????!!!!!

YAAY!! yep when your about to take them out rub some coconut oil on them to help get rid of potential frizz and untwist..after there untwisted I take a pick and pull it out as much as i can without messing up my definition..then i style it and go..

I retwist my hair everynight in bigger twist (it doesnt take long when i do them bigger maybe 30 min) and before i retwist on my dry hair i spray it with a lil water, apply a lil leave in, then some coconut oil..then i us my qhemets and re-twist
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 4th December 2010, 2:13 am

so today is my 4 months natural!!! I almost forgot too.. it feels like ive been natural forever..but I am loving this journey and enjoy each and every day with my natural hair..I've gotten so many compliment around campus..this one girl told me "I make natural hair look more modern" she said when she thinks of natural hair she pictures older women stuck in the 70's lol i was like ok! lol but anyways

oh yea i must tell yall about the best ingredient to DC with..AVOCADO!! omg I did 2 avocado DC for the past 2 weeks and each time my hair was beyond soft..I cant even describe how soft my hair felt it was amazing..my sister (who's relaxed) did it after feeling how soft my hair was..so now I plan on using a avocado every time i DC..there only 99 cents so it wont hurt my pocket either..

this is what i put in my avocado DC
-1 riped avocado (make sure it ripped so it will blend easier and you can avoid clumps getting stuck in your hair)
- some coconut oil
-aubrey honeysuckle rose conditioner
-EVOO
-and castor oil

mix it all up and u get this
RayRay19: I am now a member of!!!! 2010-116

best stuff ever cheers
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by natchralme 4th December 2010, 10:03 pm

Hey rayray. I'm looking forward to watching your progress. I'm surprised to hear that your hair is only 2", though. It looks so much longer. When I stretch my hair, it's about 2 1/2" and still looks pretty much just like my avatar (taken 4-6 weeks ago), especially when it's newly washed.
natchralme
natchralme

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 4th December 2010, 11:57 pm

Hi Rayray,
Welcome to CS! I am really liking the QBAOHC too. At first I was unsure about it, but the more I use it the better my hair feels. How often do you do the avocado dc?
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 5th December 2010, 2:09 am

natchralme wrote:Hey rayray. I'm looking forward to watching your progress. I'm surprised to hear that your hair is only 2", though. It looks so much longer. When I stretch my hair, it's about 2 1/2" and still looks pretty much just like my avatar (taken 4-6 weeks ago), especially when it's newly washed.

yea when i wash my hair it shrinks up real bad too like a BC again..and I think i might be 2 1/2 inches maybe 3inches now im not too sure..i need to do an accurate length check one day
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 5th December 2010, 2:11 am

freckledmom4 wrote:Hi Rayray,
Welcome to CS! I am really liking the QBAOHC too. At first I was unsure about it, but the more I use it the better my hair feels. How often do you do the avocado dc?

Thanks!! yes my hair loves that stuff..and i plan on doing the avocado DC weekly the results it gives me just makes me want to do it over and over
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanlouisangel 5th December 2010, 2:50 am

Hi Rayray...I always appreciate people who put me on the bomb products, and u did that with the Qhemet stuff. Thumbs up for u...they are awesome, and I thank you for that..and oh yeah..Welcome..although I know you have been here longer than me.. lol!
jeanlouisangel
jeanlouisangel

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 5th December 2010, 8:54 pm

Well I had the twists in, took them out and the parts in my head were so visible. I think I over combed to get rid of them and lost my twist out style. I will try again next week and see what happens. This time I will part with my fingers before twisting so that definition isn't so visible. I do like the mix with the avacado. I might try that also. I've been reading about it, but everyone was saying how they had chunks left in their hair and it was so hard to get out. THanks for the recipe.....
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 6th December 2010, 12:37 am

jeanlouisangel wrote:Hi Rayray...I always appreciate people who put me on the bomb products, and u did that with the Qhemet stuff. Thumbs up for u...they are awesome, and I thank you for that..and oh yeah..Welcome..although I know you have been here longer than me.. lol!

girl aint it the truth!!
MissyCee wrote:Well I had the twists in, took them out and the parts in my head were so visible. I think I over combed to get rid of them and lost my twist out style. I will try again next week and see what happens. This time I will part with my fingers before twisting so that definition isn't so visible. I do like the mix with the avacado. I might try that also. I've been reading about it, but everyone was saying how they had chunks left in their hair and it was so hard to get out. THanks for the recipe.....

yea i never part my hair when putting in my twist I just grab hair and twist this helps with the visible parts too..

RayRay19: I am now a member of!!!! Pictur33

see they kind of do there on thing..
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next