CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts!

+50
MellowOne
Karyn
CocaColaCutie
jcanalena79
Nikcoils
KeishaMac
TheRYL1
cutephantasm
Cherry: extraordinary!
Erica5417
neethair
Mz. Thang
curlyboricua
KinkyNappyHappy
bholmes87
SisterBoyd
BlondeByDesire
adiaha
p_nuttie43
NaturalChica
Pinkrage
Juices-n-Berries
truet
Pi*Jay
dajewel
sweetdrk1
lovesunshine17
Freestyles
Intelligentbeauty
Lynnieluve
Keisha
ytiznatural
Winnielours
Enchantment
AfrikanLatina
SheeTacular
HumanNature
crustaceans
ChrsLvsBks
beautifuleyez
tiashaunteé
curlycaramelo
nmoultry
BajanPrincess82
Free2009
d.denise
curly+kinky+fierce
teri-teri-boberry
crvng4mr
TerraD
54 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts! - Page 21 Empty Re: TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts!

Post by d.denise 17th February 2010, 5:29 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:
TerraD wrote:So, last night I oiled my edges with the castor oil. My scalp was still nicely moisturized from sunday's oil application. My hair is still in the braid w/bun.
I am mentally preparing myself for saturday, I am going to a Clippers game. Though, it's not the Lakers, I will still have total fun! Sunday I will be heading to a Greek fashion show. I would love to get the opportunity to vibe with a few people from my potential sorority. So I have to look fierce for that as well!

Have a great day ladies!

Mmmmm...potential sorority. I bet I know which one it is? I wont say though.

I feel SO SLOW lol. When you said that on the photo365 thread I was thinking greek. as in greece. as in togas and that kinda fashion show! lmao. ok i probably shouldn't have told that. but now i'm trying to figure out which one!
d.denise
d.denise

Back to top Go down

TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts! - Page 21 Empty Re: TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts!

Post by tiashaunteé 17th February 2010, 6:21 pm

d.denise wrote:
Lynnieluve wrote:
TerraD wrote:So, last night I oiled my edges with the castor oil. My scalp was still nicely moisturized from sunday's oil application. My hair is still in the braid w/bun.
I am mentally preparing myself for saturday, I am going to a Clippers game. Though, it's not the Lakers, I will still have total fun! Sunday I will be heading to a Greek fashion show. I would love to get the opportunity to vibe with a few people from my potential sorority. So I have to look fierce for that as well!

Have a great day ladies!

Mmmmm...potential sorority. I bet I know which one it is? I wont say though.

I feel SO SLOW lol. When you said that on the photo365 thread I was thinking greek. as in greece. as in togas and that kinda fashion show! lmao. ok i probably shouldn't have told that. but now i'm trying to figure out which one!

I was thinking the same thing too!!! Glad I am not alone. I have a friend that is Greek so now when I hear 'greek" I think of Greece, Sparta, etc...
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 18th February 2010, 1:44 am

LOL @ lynnie! I don't know...

I'm so late. I had a long day of nothing-ness. I still have my hair in this tired braid across the front, bun. I am going to oil my scalp tonight and braid for a braid out bun.
Today I drove to westwood (area of LA), parked, filled my meter up and walked around to see all the shops, etc. I then proceeded to the Santa Monica beach, where I parked, filled my meter up, walked to the coast, sat on my jacket, ate my packed lunch and read a book while the wind blew my dress up LOL. As it cooled down even more I headed to Pasadena for dinner with a friend. I am now home and extremely sleepy! No exercising for me (though my walking in Westwood may count, my right calve is tight)!

Have a great night!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 18th February 2010, 1:03 pm

I love days like that....just go with the flow
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Keisha 18th February 2010, 2:52 pm

yesterday was definitely warm enough to go to the beach. did u take any pictures while you were out? westwood has a few scenic areas.
Keisha
Keisha

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 18th February 2010, 3:19 pm

TerraD wrote:LOL @ lynnie! I don't know...

I'm so late. I had a long day of nothing-ness. I still have my hair in this tired braid across the front, bun. I am going to oil my scalp tonight and braid for a braid out bun.
Today I drove to westwood (area of LA), parked, filled my meter up and walked around to see all the shops, etc. I then proceeded to the Santa Monica beach, where I parked, filled my meter up, walked to the coast, sat on my jacket, ate my packed lunch and read a book while the wind blew my dress up LOL. As it cooled down even more I headed to Pasadena for dinner with a friend. I am now home and extremely sleepy! No exercising for me (though my walking in Westwood may count, my right calve is tight)!

Have a great night!

That sounds so wonderful!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 18th February 2010, 6:46 pm

Talk about the life.....I can't wait until Spring. Kinda like that season here the best. Sounds like you had a wonderful day..
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterBoyd 18th February 2010, 9:41 pm

Aw man! You were in Pasadena...I'm only 15 minutes away Wink
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

https://www.youtube.com/sisterboyd, www.blackplanet.com/sisterboy

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 18th February 2010, 10:00 pm

I did not take any pics because I need to get a camera LOL

Aww SisterBoyd we need to exchange numbers! I love the Pasadena area! And I love food, so I'm always searching for great veggie restaurants there!

Last night I oiled my scalp with castor oil, applied an oil mix, setting lotion and giovanni direct leave-in to my strands, that I subsequently braided. In the morning I took them down, fluffed, pinned the top back and bunned. I am probably going to keep that for this weekend as well. The braid out gave my hair some much needed texture, since it typically goes straight after being in a bun for a week!

I got to enjoy another great restaurant today. Shout out to Frankie's on melrose. It's a cute little cafe/deli. They are willing to make everything vegan/vegetarian. I had a huge "chik'n" panini with veggie mozarella, olives and tomatoes. It came with a house salad, and a side of the best house italian I've had in a long time. All for $8.95! WTFreak! I know I couldn't believe it either. If you're ever near, go check them out!

See you all tomorrow!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 19th February 2010, 2:57 pm

*Disclaimer* Today's post is totally PMS worthy, I became a little emotional and spilled a bit of my heart in this post. TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts! - Page 21 Icon_rolleyes

Miss Tia has inspired me to call my hair by her God-given (ok by her Terra-given) name. I posted my hair's name in my BB thread after someone on BGLH commented that it helps us be more attentive and take care of our hair when we name it.

I named mine Mujer Marvilliso, which means wonder woman. I love wonder woman and was actually supposed to get this Spanish phrase tattooed on my side last summer. I panicked and decided not to TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts! - Page 21 Icon_eek (I already have two tiny little tattoos and this phrase would be a lot bigger!). I named my hair Mujer Marvilliso, because she is the BOMB. She's fierce and never ceases to amaze me, whether it is simply by her ability to become larger than life, when I'm on the beach, or by her stubborn rebellious ability to be a 2b/3a/3c/4a and not a uniform texture like I'd prefer TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts! - Page 21 Suspect.

Ultimately, If you'd asked me a year ago, I would have laughed at the thought that I would actually love my natural hair the way I currently do. As a practically life long naturally pressed girl, I was known for the "pretty" hair on my head. I started wearing finger-combed spiral curls after my freshly pressed, bone straight black hair, caused me to be mistaken for a middle-eastern TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts! - Page 21 Icon_eek. Was my hair really that straight? Yes. Did I want it to be? No.

This was my epiphany! I did not want my hair to be so straight that everyone thought I either had a relaxer or was from another ethnicity. I wanted to look like me, but I didn't quite know what that was. Now I know.

Me looks like a care-free 15 year old LOL. But, I'm fine with that. Me looks like frizz and a lot of it sometimes. But, I'm fine with that. Me looks like Mujer Marvilliso and all of her glory! Me looks like God's amazing ability to create beauty in such a cool package!

I encourage everyone to name their hair and I thank Tia for making me remember my hair's name! My hair will from here on be called MM for short! And I may get that tattoo anyway, to pay homage to my hair and all she's taught me!

Love you ladies! And enjoy your day!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 19th February 2010, 5:30 pm

That's so great Terra!!! Mujer Marvilliso is an awesome name! I can't wait to name my fro too Smile I may need some help so if you have some suggestions let me know!! lol I think it's great when your hair can teach you something about yourself and you should love your hair because it belongs to you. Yay for the natural hair! ♥️
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 19th February 2010, 5:46 pm

LOL thanks bholmes! I will keep you posted if I think of any!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 19th February 2010, 6:03 pm

Love the name you gave your tresses. Very nice. I also have learned to accept my hair and the frizz that sometimes comes with it, the many textures it possesses, and its ability to be stubborn at times Smile
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 19th February 2010, 8:26 pm

LOL. Thanks AL!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by d.denise 19th February 2010, 10:10 pm

awwww yay :-) i love the name and I don't encourage anyone to get tattoos but.... i was thinking about my next tattoo being on my side and bigger than normal lol. I love those epiphany moments...such clarity.

btw are you and MM meeting me somewhere on Sunday????? lol
d.denise
d.denise

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 19th February 2010, 11:25 pm

LOL. What time were you thinking? I'm totally up for it! I have a fashion show to go to at 1pm, but it should be done by 3pm.
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 19th February 2010, 11:45 pm

I should probably name my hair too. But I'll wait until I get to know it a little better.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by d.denise 19th February 2010, 11:52 pm

that works church is over for me at 1 or 2. I know you stay east so do you wanna take pics in pasadena? (I know you love that area! lol) and it's really pretty. if you know of a brunch or lunch spot we can do that too

@JNB name your hair for what you know it can be. when you have a baby you name it before you really know it and the name just ends up "fitting"...there's power in words so name your hair something AWESOME and she will live up to it!
d.denise
d.denise

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 19th February 2010, 11:58 pm

d.denise wrote:that works church is over for me at 1 or 2. I know you stay east so do you wanna take pics in pasadena? (I know you love that area! lol) and it's really pretty. if you know of a brunch or lunch spot we can do that too

@JNB name your hair for what you know it can be. when you have a baby you name it before you really know it and the name just ends up "fitting"...there's power in words so name your hair something AWESOME and she will live up to it!

WOW! You are sooooo right. I never thought of it that way.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 20th February 2010, 12:01 am

d.denise wrote:that works church is over for me at 1 or 2. I know you stay east so do you wanna take pics in pasadena? (I know you love that area! lol) and it's really pretty. if you know of a brunch or lunch spot we can do that too

LOL, I do love pasadena! Cool. I definitely know a great lunch spot over there! I will bring my makeup bag to make myself look purdy TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts! - Page 21 Icon_lol. I will call you on sunday!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 20th February 2010, 12:07 am

Terra, I sent you the friend request on FB.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 20th February 2010, 12:20 am

YAY! Ok I will go confirm you.
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by d.denise 20th February 2010, 12:48 am

i added you too! and see you sunday Smile
d.denise
d.denise

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 20th February 2010, 1:22 am

Ok cool. We can eat at Grassroots! It's a deli/health food store and has the best chili ever!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 20th February 2010, 1:26 am

[quote="d.denise"]that works church is over for me at 1 or 2. I know you stay east so do you wanna take pics in pasadena? (I know you love that area! lol) and it's really pretty. if you know of a brunch or lunch spot we can do that too

@JNB name your hair for what you know it can be. when you have a baby you name it before you really know it and the name just ends up "fitting"...there's power in words so name your hair something AWESOME and she will live up to it![/quote]

Well said!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next