CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts!

+50
MellowOne
Karyn
CocaColaCutie
jcanalena79
Nikcoils
KeishaMac
TheRYL1
cutephantasm
Cherry: extraordinary!
Erica5417
neethair
Mz. Thang
curlyboricua
KinkyNappyHappy
bholmes87
SisterBoyd
BlondeByDesire
adiaha
p_nuttie43
NaturalChica
Pinkrage
Juices-n-Berries
truet
Pi*Jay
dajewel
sweetdrk1
lovesunshine17
Freestyles
Intelligentbeauty
Lynnieluve
Keisha
ytiznatural
Winnielours
Enchantment
AfrikanLatina
SheeTacular
HumanNature
crustaceans
ChrsLvsBks
beautifuleyez
tiashaunteé
curlycaramelo
nmoultry
BajanPrincess82
Free2009
d.denise
curly+kinky+fierce
teri-teri-boberry
crvng4mr
TerraD
54 posters

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts! - Page 12 Empty Re: TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts!

Post by TerraD 13th January 2010, 2:06 am

I agree tia! It takes a long time, but my scalp is dying for some water and my scalp massages are ruining my roots!

Lynnie: I've had them in for nearly two weeks!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts! - Page 12 Empty Re: TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts!

Post by tiashaunteé 13th January 2010, 11:26 am

I'm on week two also....I am going to have to do something ASAP because I am going to give myself brain damage from hitting myself where it itches
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 13th January 2010, 1:55 pm

tiashauntee wrote:I'm on week two also....I am going to have to do something ASAP because I am going to give myself brain damage from hitting myself where it itches
LOL, "hitting myself where it itches". Have you tried to mix oils to combat itchies?
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 13th January 2010, 1:58 pm

I've totally gone overboard with oils Chrs! I bet tia has too, LOL.
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 13th January 2010, 2:06 pm

TerraD wrote:I've totally gone overboard with oils Chrs! I bet tia has too, LOL.

Yep! I am going to have a mess on my hands at the end of this....it's going to be like a month long oil rinse, LOL
I usually co-wash every week and since I have had in these twist I have not co-washed. This is only week two (well 1.5) I though I could make it longer.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 13th January 2010, 2:07 pm

Last night I oiled my scalp again, in between scratching my scalp off! It does not look dry at all, but my scalp is screaming for love. I thought it may be psychological, but the oils only help for a few hours. So, my scalp may just need a little refreshment.
My old hairdresser (who helped grow my 2 perms out and is totally anti-creamy crack) said that itchy, non-dry, moisturized scalp can mean the scalp is just stimulating itself, which leads to hair growth!........... That's fine and dandy, but I can't take it!
Tonight after wednesday night worship, I will be using a wet cloth and a spray bottle to clean my scalp (which isn't really dirty) and re-twist TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts! - Page 12 Icon_eek . I'm not really looking forward to re-twisting, but my scalp massages have made my roots fuzz like crazy. I will also be re-doing the braids on the side. I think I will take down one twist at a time, because if not I will love the twistout and not want to re-twist! Dios Mio, the life of a curly girl! I guess it's true...."once you go curly, you never go back" TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts! - Page 12 617583
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 13th January 2010, 2:11 pm

Yeah I usually cowash every week as well. Apparently a lot of long-haired curlies go weeks, without letting water hit their hair! Remember that Amel Larrieux article that CN posted, she said that she washes 1X a month!
I'm going to try to keep from actually saturating my hair until the end of the month! Ahhh! Hopefully all of our pain (LOL) will lead to good length retention! Next month is my bun month!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 13th January 2010, 2:16 pm

TerraD wrote:Yeah I usually cowash every week as well. Apparently a lot of long-haired curlies go weeks, without letting water hit their hair! Remember that Amel Larrieux article that CN posted, she said that she washes 1X a month!
I'm going to try to keep from actually saturating my hair until the end of the month! Ahhh! Hopefully all of our pain (LOL) will lead to good length retention! Next month is my bun month!

I believe it, back in my press n curl days I was probably washing once a month....which is why I can't understand why I can't seem to go longer now. But if itching really does mean growing. Itch baby itch and grow baby grow! Smile
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 13th January 2010, 2:50 pm

LOL. It think it may be conditioner. Because most are supposed to be rinsed out and we leave them in for moisture, after sitting on the scalp the residue may cause itching. That's why I think the damp cloth trick may work!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinkrage 13th January 2010, 3:02 pm

Terra,

I love the twist bun. So CUTE! NOt being able to wash my hair weekly is scary. My hair is already starting to itch and I just washed on Saturday. It is probably due to the gel from my ponytail.
Pinkrage
Pinkrage

http://www.fotki.com/pinkrage

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 13th January 2010, 3:05 pm

Thanks pinkrage! I know! When my hair was straight I never had this problem! Oh well..
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 13th January 2010, 5:29 pm

So I need help, ordering henna and stuff from buttersandbars and can't decide on what oils to purchase. I'm working on making my own little hair oil. Which would go well with coconut, olive and castor?

Almond
Avocado
Jojoba
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 13th January 2010, 5:34 pm

TerraD wrote:So I need help, ordering henna and stuff from buttersandbars and can't decide on what oils to purchase. I'm working on making my own little hair oil. Which would go well with coconut, olive and castor?

Almond
Avocado
Jojoba

All 3!!!!! flower

I use both almond and avocado depending on how I am feeling.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 13th January 2010, 6:05 pm

LOL, the PJ in me wants to buy them all! But I put myself on a hair budget so I can only get one 16 oz.....Tia, which one should I get?? TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts! - Page 12 Icon_eek
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 13th January 2010, 6:07 pm

Don't ask me!!!! No

But if I had to choose.....Jojoba
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 13th January 2010, 6:09 pm

LOL, that's what I was thinking! Thanks!!!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 13th January 2010, 8:15 pm

My vote would have been jojoba too but only because I have not tried the other too. LOL!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Keisha 13th January 2010, 9:19 pm

love ur twist bun, its so elegant.
Keisha
Keisha

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 13th January 2010, 11:18 pm

LOL Thanks guys!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by d.denise 14th January 2010, 3:34 am

I just bought some jojoba from trader joes sooo... jojoba! lol although I have been eyeing almond oil. when I was at whole foods recently I didn't see 'sweet' on the name of the almond oil so I didn't get it lol I always hear it as "sweet almond oil" so I thought it was the wrong thing...maybe not
d.denise
d.denise

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 14th January 2010, 4:07 am

How much was the jojoba at trader joes?
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 14th January 2010, 2:04 pm

My vote is for jojoba oil also!
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by d.denise 14th January 2010, 2:29 pm

I can't remember if it was $4 or $6 but it was a 4oz bottle. I bought some other stuff too so I don't remember which was which.
d.denise
d.denise

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 14th January 2010, 3:41 pm

Last night, I did not spray my scalp with oil, and it did not itch TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts! - Page 12 Suspect . I don't know what this means, but I still need to re-do them (I was a bum last night and did not do it!). I plan to refresh my braids, jazzing them up a little and re-twist each twist. I noticed that I have about 1/4" new growth TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts! - Page 12 617583 . Most of my outer twists have been fuzzy, but the inside twists are still looking good (these are the ones that I judge for new growth). I will also be trimming my ends as I take the twists down. I manage to have a decent amount of split ends TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts! - Page 12 Kopfschuettel ! Mind you, I haven't trimmed in a couple months, but I did do a search n destroy early december. Split ends definitely annoy me! I always make sure my ends are moisturized, but they don't seem to care. So I will be trimming those suckers and daring them to split again TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts! - Page 12 Icon_mad (You don't want none, split ends!).
Right now I'm trying to use my jobless nursing status to head to Haiti for relief nursing or help prepare to send food/water, etc. Pray that I can get my passport in time and that they can use me! God works in mysterious ways, but I am in the position to lend my services to help those in need.

~Please read this prayer aloud...Dear Lord, please wrap your loving arms around the people of Haiti. Place a calm over their hearts, so that they know that you are with them. Please give strength to those assisting, so that you can use them to attend to the emotional needs of those in need. If it is your will Lord, lay compassion on the hearts of those that are able to assist, give or donate their time. Please, help those that are not affected by this disaster understand how blessed they are. Help them to not take life for granted, for you are God and God alone. We do not deserve you, but because of your Grace we are here! In your name we pray, Amen.

~Keep Haiti in your prayers....Have a great day!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by d.denise 14th January 2010, 5:09 pm

Awww I so hope you are fortunate enough to go and the people of haiti are fortunate enough to have you. That seems like an AWESOME opportunity!

I was watchin the news yesterday and they were showing footage of the airport and a group of 'missionaries' that were trying to be on the first plane out of Haiti. I understand its a precarious situation but if you are a missionary isn't your purpose there to serve in the first place?? that really threw me. I don't know if it matters but they were melanin-challenged. I just don't get why you are hightailin it out of there and so many other people are trying to get to Haiti and the country needs you now more than ever!
d.denise
d.denise

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next