CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brazilian Blowout

5 posters

Go down

Brazilian Blowout Empty Brazilian Blowout

Post by South Loop Social Light 20th March 2010, 2:39 am

Hey everyone... It's South Loop Social Light and I wanted to share my exeprience getting a Brazilian Blowout! Pics and a full recap is on my blog: www.ishea.blogspot.com. Here's a bit of the info:

I started transitioning in May 09 and did my big chop last month. I had straightened my hair occasionally during my transition and it was always fairly easy. Boy oh boy was it a completely different story after the big chop!!! It was such a task to blow dry and flat iron my hair, just to have it only last a day or 2 at the most... I had no other option but to wear it curly. After much research I decided to get the Brazilian Blowout! Last week I went to the Apricot Lounge Salon in Scottsdale, AZ and was helped by salon co-owner Kimberly Allison. Kim (as she's referred to by her clients) actually has been styling a friend of mine's hair for a while now and came highly recommended. I had a consultation a few weeks before my appt and then I was set to get it done. The process took about 90 mins and was rather easy.

My Experience:

I absolutely LOVED my Brazilian Blowout and plan on getting this done again in the future. I was shocked at how amazingly soft my hair was afterwards. It felt softer, lighter and the shine was out of this world. There was no annoying/strong product smell and the process was pretty easy. I was in and out in 90 mins. I definitely did my research before getting it done and would highly recommend this treatment to other women, both natural and relaxed. Please keep in mind that while this will not permanently change your curl pattern, it will temporarily be loosened!! If you do not want to see a change in your curl pattern then this is not the treatment for you!!! I would actually recommend this treatment as a great option for those that like the option of styling their hair both curly and straight. I have many friends that have been natural for years but never wear their hair in its curly state. This is made for you!! It will give you the freedom to not be intimidated by your curl pattern while making it easier for you to style your own hair. From what I've experienced this past week styling is much easier... but still required. Yes, a wash and go is now a realistic option for me, but this treatment isn't like a free pass into the world of not caring for your hair. You'll still have to DO your hair, it's just easier. I wouldn't recommend this to people that are transitioning because you'll still have to deal with the 2 different textures. I think you should go thru your transition process and then this would be a great option.

Before: Morning of my blowout...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

After: Soft, shiny, smooth and frizz free!!

Inside of my Dr.'s office. The lighting was bad but my shine was ridiculous[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

3 days later after a crazy workout I washed my hair. Fresh out the shower my curls were popping!! No product was on my hair...
South Loop Social Light
South Loop Social Light

http://www.ishea.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Brazilian Blowout Empty Re: Brazilian Blowout

Post by LaToya28 20th March 2010, 11:06 am

Woooow! Your hair looks absolutely amazing! Thanks for sharing.

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by Girlie06 20th March 2010, 10:11 pm

wow! that sounds like a better version than the bkt. do you happen to know the ingredients? I'm on the site and will write to them.

thanks for sharing.

Girlie06

Back to top Go down

Post by South Loop Social Light 21st March 2010, 3:29 pm

I'm not sure of the ingredients but if the website doesn't have them, you should be able to ask any stylist carrying the products to take a look.
South Loop Social Light
South Loop Social Light

http://www.ishea.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jaylin20032003 10th September 2010, 3:52 pm

once in the link, scroll down and you will see the video for the "natural hair" model...

http://bitchielife.necolebitchie.com/2010/08/is-the-brazilian-blowout-and-keratin-treatment-good-for-black-hair/

Suspect
jaylin20032003
jaylin20032003

Back to top Go down

Post by krissyc39 27th September 2010, 1:21 am

How tight were your curls before?? Was the loosening even in all areas? Was there a dramatic difference between your "new growth" and the hair that had been blown out?

Lol sorry for all the questions. It's just this is the best result I've seen of any BKT
krissyc39
krissyc39

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down