CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brazilian blowouts cause cancer?!?!?

+2
Madeaj
Cherry: extraordinary!
6 posters

Go down

Brazilian blowouts cause cancer?!?!? Empty Brazilian blowouts cause cancer?!?!?

Post by Cherry: extraordinary! 3rd October 2010, 2:53 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down

Brazilian blowouts cause cancer?!?!? Empty Re: Brazilian blowouts cause cancer?!?!?

Post by Madeaj 3rd October 2010, 7:46 am

Just before I decided to go natural, I was looking for an alternative to relaxers. I checked the Japanese straightner and it just seemed too long and expensive. I also did not want rain water straight hair that would not curl at all.

Someone recommended the Brazillian. I am a research-a-holic, after researching I decided the Brazillian was worse than any of them. That is why I just let my natural grow and stopped trying straighten it. This quest for straight hair seemed a bit crazy for me, since even when I relaxed I did braidouts and bantu knots outs to get curls Very Happy now I just let'em grow. Watching this video made me ask my self some questions.

1. My hair is healthy, really healthy for the first time in years. Why do I stress over a little (or a lot) of visual frizz? Sometimes my hair is frizzy, but it still feels moisturized and soft. Just frizzy, but lively if that makes sense. Sort of like its doing its own thing at the moment. I'm going to make an effort not to stress over frizz as long as my hair is healthy sunny and not breaking into little pieces.
2. When did frizz become a symbol of bad? Has it just taken the place of the concept of natural hair as bad?
3. I do understand the need for easy care hair, our lives are so hectic now that everything needs to be done fast. But some of the styles we in the curly community have developed take long at the time we do them, but some last all week with little extra manipulation.
4. In general, why does the beauty care industry think the physical health of people is second to their outward appearence?

Madeaj
Madeaj

Back to top Go down

Brazilian blowouts cause cancer?!?!? Empty Re: Brazilian blowouts cause cancer?!?!?

Post by FalconTress 3rd October 2010, 11:15 am

Great insights Madeaj!

When did frizz become a symbol of bad? Has it just taken the place of the concept of natural hair as bad?

Wow! Sometimes, some people's posts make you think that if your edges aren't plastered, your whole hairstyle is whack.

But some of the styles we in the curly community have developed take long at the time we do them, but some last all week with little extra manipulation.

I have found that if I focus on my hair and nothing else(tv, phone, snack, etc) it takes way less time than when I was roller setting or blow drying and heat styling my relaxed hair.

In general, why does the beauty care industry think the physical health of people is second to their outward appearence?

I'll let Michael Jackson answer that one "they don't really care about us" just our wallets until the class action lawsuits jumpoff.

FalconTress

Back to top Go down

Post by kbelle 3rd October 2010, 11:48 am

scary Shocked
kbelle
kbelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleur 3rd October 2010, 11:54 am

I saw this story on Good Morning America. Scary indeed.
Fleur
Fleur

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifullyFree 3rd October 2010, 12:25 pm

Wow i am so happy i chose to never be putting any harsh chemicals in my hair again..i swear transitioning is 1 of the best decisions i've ever made....i never heard of the brazilian blowout but wow
BeautifullyFree
BeautifullyFree

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down