CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEW CASTOR OIL CHALLENGE

+18
slimwithabs
Fleur
CarlaAR
Ladybird
MsJay1121
princesspen
rayray19
krissyc39
KeAnia
Ambitious_Tiff
Berry3674
Thinice
ladygogohot
Butterfly125
The Raw Twinkie
CiaE
misskris
MissyCee
22 posters

Page 4 of 29 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16 ... 29  Next

Go down

NEW CASTOR OIL CHALLENGE - Page 4 Empty Re: NEW CASTOR OIL CHALLENGE

Post by Butterfly125 21st January 2011, 7:09 pm

I love apples and PB, no bread of course. I mix my honey with my SM masque in my hand and just smooth it through my hair and it is sticky or anything. I love it!!! I will always use it I'm sure. I've been online reading Teri's info on tightlycurly.com. I like what she's talking about. I've been thinking, I think I'm gonna try to flat twist my hair (with hair added) and leave it that way until my BC. It'll be easier to oil my scalp with the parts already there.
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by The Raw Twinkie 21st January 2011, 8:03 pm

You all have been busy today with the posts. LOL!! @Misskris and @Butterfly, I love University of Phoenix also. So much so that I worked for them (an enrollment manager) for almost 10 years.

@Tiff, I cant wait to hear more about the soap bars (when you use them).

@KeAnia, Welcome to the party! You will have a blast here! woot!

I read about the peanut butter thing but cant have it. Crying or Very sad I LOVE almond butter though with honey on ezekial bread. Oh and sometimes with banana slices on top. YUM! Very Happy
The Raw Twinkie
The Raw Twinkie

Back to top Go down

Post by KeAnia 21st January 2011, 9:51 pm

Hi Ladies

Thanks for the welcome I plan to post some pictures this weekend.
KeAnia
KeAnia

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinice 21st January 2011, 10:20 pm

I am looking forward to seeing your pic KeAnia.

Peanut butter and bananas...no way!
Thinice
Thinice

Back to top Go down

Post by krissyc39 22nd January 2011, 2:06 am

i want to join but my castor oil is such a commodity....
krissyc39
krissyc39

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 22nd January 2011, 2:36 am

A precious commodity that makes your hair grow! Join, join, join bounce
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 22nd January 2011, 3:03 am

Update!!

wow i haven't been by this challenge in awhile (school got me BUSY this semster already!!) but I still have been going strong with my Castor oil..I dont apply it daily BUT guess what i just noticed..my beloved qhemets AOHC first ingredient is CASTOR OIL soo I guess in a sense i do apply it daily because i use that stuff everyday as a leave in, styler, conditioning treatment, for EVERYTHING!!
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 23rd January 2011, 6:00 pm

Ambitious_Tiff wrote:@MissKris
Hahahahaha!! It was breaking news! Now I am thinking I wanna wash my hair again, lol. When you put honey in your dc, how do you use it without it being sticky and hard? My hair does appear to have some extra sheen to it though. I also noticed that my curls in the back are usually puffed on the ends but are not today. Your breakfast sounds good. I need to jump back on it. I have been skipping meals and eating on the go. My BP is up too. I gotta WOOO-SAAAAHH. *Rubs ears* maybe I will start doing more scalp massages. I am going to quit my job and find something partime and much less stressful as soon as I am able. I'm hoping to get something at my university...

@Butterfly125
Don't sleep on the PB and Banana. Its a good snack that is filling and can provide some much needed energy and potassium for working out. It is good with honey. Its also makes a good smoothie flavor minus the bread, lol. If you think consistency will be an issue, try apples and PB. Just as good to me. Razz

Hey Tiff. when I mix the honey it never gets hard or sticky so I don't know what you're doing!!! LOL I don't measure anything, I just squirt it in til I feel like it's enough. I never gets stiff or anything, Just stays nice and creamy in my condish. I also put the evoo in too so I dunno, maybe that helps. But I love it. Need to do it again soon.
misskris
misskris

http://www.earthdust.com

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 23rd January 2011, 6:01 pm

Oh and I ended up not doing anything cute with my hair yesterday. I just threw it up in a bun and a headband and wore some cute earrings. I ended up not feeling like doing anything with it so....Oh well. Maybe next time. Very Happy
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by krissyc39 23rd January 2011, 8:28 pm

Alright I'm in Smile Can't wait to see the same results like you ladies!! cheers
krissyc39
krissyc39

Back to top Go down

Post by The Raw Twinkie 23rd January 2011, 10:14 pm

YAY Krissyc!!!!! Glad you decided to join us. dance
The Raw Twinkie
The Raw Twinkie

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 23rd January 2011, 11:01 pm

YAY!!!! for KrissyC!! dance I can't wait to measure my hair next week!!!!! I know it's still growing and I don't want it to stop!!!! afro
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 24th January 2011, 12:05 am

I'm feelin' that too, Misskris...I don't want it to stop!!! Yay for Krissyc!!!! Welcome to the castor oil family [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by princesspen 24th January 2011, 1:52 am

ok ladies,am like the silence member on the challenge lol...been reading everybody n everything abt them,i love this challenge!!!!,my hair is growing woot! will wanna come out of my shell n join. dance the castor oil is a Godsend.so what do u say am i welcome????
princesspen
princesspen

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 24th January 2011, 10:57 am

Hahaha, of course Princesspen!!!! Welcome!! All are welcome to join us. How long have you been using the oil?? We're in our 1nd month and length checks are coming up next week. We do them at the end of each month but let everyone post that whole 1st week of the next month (or whenever really!! LOL)

I can't wait to do length checks again!!!! Very Happy
afro

Last edited by misskris on 25th January 2011, 10:52 am; edited 1 time in total
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 24th January 2011, 1:35 pm

Ummmmm ok, yeah you are welcome Princesspen. What type are you using?

This weekend was quiet???? Busy ladies???
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 24th January 2011, 1:38 pm

And Thinice, Im with you, no likey Peanut Butter and can't imagine mixing it on a sandwich with a banana!!! YUCKO!!!! But to each his own. I dont even like smoothies!!!! Guess I can be kind of picky!!!!
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by krissyc39 25th January 2011, 3:40 am

Thanks everyone! If I get the same results like you all trust and believe I'm going to buy this castor oil by the liter! lol!

Question? Do any of ya'll ladies add essential oils to your castor oil mix? I was thinking of adding lavender to tone down the smell of the JBCO but I'm not sure how the nutty/flowery smell would work Sad
krissyc39
krissyc39

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 25th January 2011, 10:55 am

Hey KrissyC. I just use the regulat castor oil. But I do mix it w/tea tree and rosemary oils. I am pretty sure the tea tree is the reason I've not had an itchy scalp in weeks!!! Rosemary oil also helps in stimulation for hair growth. Hope that helps!!
afro
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 25th January 2011, 1:33 pm

Hey ladies!! Lol, everytime I come back, we have new members! I love it!! I will be using my shampoo bar tomorrow night. I'm thinking I will go with the Rosemary Mint even though y'all know I love some coconut anything. And while I am on the subject I will say I am enjoying the soaps I got too. The Aloe, Aloe, Aloe is my favorite of the two. I found the scent quite pleasant and I have some pretty severe dry patches on the inside of right arm and across my back but this seems to have helped some. The Bananas and Cream Complexion soap had the skin around my mouth a little dry but otherwise it was fine. Both lathered very well so I am quite excited to see how the shampoo bars will fare. I revisited that Shea Moisture DTM. I really like it as a styler. The only reason I don't love it is b/c the smell is a bit too much for me... Any ideas on how to tone it down would be greatly appreciated, lol. My hair is still really soft. However, since I used it as a styler I have achieved my most defined 2nd day hair EVER!! Take a looksy (foolishly I pulled it back in an attempt to make a puff Rolling Eyes ) :
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

As y'all can see it looks very good (I need to fluff more...) and shiny to boot! Yay! I'll let y'all know what day 3 ends up like. I have my first exams this week. Y'all pray for me! study

@Butterfly125
Have you tried it yet?

@MissKris
I think I just might have used too much and not mixed it thoroughly. I am excited b/c my mom is going to get me some of the organic kind. I ate some while at their house this weekend and it was so good!! I love how it was packaged just in a clear jar with slices of the honeycomb in it. The place she got it from also has a purple honey. I want that one but it more expensive than the others so I am going to wait. I am gonna try it in my dc tomorrow too. I will report back and let you know how it was. You're bun looks good! I can't want til my hair is long enough for that. It looks a fool if I try to put it in a ponytail or anything like that, lol.

@MissyCee
I am having a smoothie right now!! Lol, love em!! How's class going?

@Krissyc39 & Princesspen
Welcome! Glad to see y'all jumpin' on in! This is a great challenge. We're pretty interactive and love to talk. Remember to post your before pics!! I am using regular castor oil with no EO but I still had an inch of growth in most places on my head despite this. HTH!
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 25th January 2011, 2:03 pm

Very cute curls Tiff!!! And you're silly....the puff is great!!! I used to wear my hair like that ALL the time!!!!
Purple honey???? Have to say I have never seen or heard of that one. Is it naturally purple or is it dyed???? Interesting. I wonder why it's more expensive.

Good luck on your test. I'm sure you'll do great!!! Very Happy
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 25th January 2011, 2:45 pm

Thanx. I had to work on that puff some, lol. Razz I am still tryina figure out how to bring it up more in the back without my scarf or band or whatever I am using slipping and coming off. Idk about the purple honey. I have to see it to believe it. Trust that if I do see it I will post a pic, lol. There are purple potatoes and purple cauliflower so who knows. I would suspect it would be more expensive b/c its some sort of anomaly (hope I spelled that right). Lol, thanx for the well wishes. I have a book plastered to my face most of the time now. study Still steal a few moments for CN though!!
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 25th January 2011, 3:06 pm

Well, purple honey??? Interesting!!!! Love the hair Tiff!!!! Very cute!!! You completely natural now? Or do you still have to trim the ends? Anyway, love it. My hair seems to have hit a standstill!!! Not sure what happened. But, I'm ok. Oh, I did purchase, yes I bought something. Koils by Nature, a sample pack. Waiting for it to arrive anyday. Will let you all know what the results are.... I really havent' tried a whole line before, so, I'm excited.

Gotta do my rough draft paper. Classes are good. My group sucks, they act like they don't have time. And group work is a major part of school ar University of Phoenix........ Hard headed Adults!!!!
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 25th January 2011, 3:55 pm

@MissyCee
Thanx girlie! Lol, I'm not completely natural yet. Crying or Very sad I am transitioning mostly from heat damage (I heated trained the daylights outta my hair with my flat iron and hot comb) though I do have some perm left. If I knew then what I know now. *sigh* Koils By Nature, huh? What did you get? Condish? DC? Styler of some kind? I feel you on the hair being at a standstill thing. Mine seems to have run outta gas on me also. I have not done any official measurements though so I hope its all in our minds...

I don't really care for group work. Its never really a balance when it comes to people doing what needs to be done. I have a paper to do this week as well. Hopefully it will be a painless process for us both.
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 25th January 2011, 9:02 pm

Hey, ladies! Welcome princesspen! LOL @ silent member.

KrissyC, I mix my JBCO with peppermint oil, at first because it's supposed to stimilate the scalp for growth, but now I just like the way it feels...hehehe

Tiff, no I haven't tried it, but I will tonight. Your hair looks darling and soft and touchable...very cute!

Okay, so today's my b-day... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] and idk, I've really been wanting to remove my age from my profile, hahaha. Anyway, I bought myself some of that new Curly Pantene (poo, condish, and curl enhancing spray gel), some KKKT (finally in stock @ Target), and some SM Organic Coconut & Hibiscus Hold & Shine Moisture Mist. Funny how now when I want to splurge on myself, it's hair related. Oh, and I'm not finished...tomorrow I will be going to Sally's to get that Tangle Teezer Smile
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 29 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16 ... 29  Next