CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEW CASTOR OIL CHALLENGE

+18
slimwithabs
Fleur
CarlaAR
Ladybird
MsJay1121
princesspen
rayray19
krissyc39
KeAnia
Ambitious_Tiff
Berry3674
Thinice
ladygogohot
Butterfly125
The Raw Twinkie
CiaE
misskris
MissyCee
22 posters

Page 3 of 29 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16 ... 29  Next

Go down

NEW CASTOR OIL CHALLENGE - Page 3 Empty Re: NEW CASTOR OIL CHALLENGE

Post by KeAnia 21st January 2011, 1:06 am

Hi Ladies

I have been reading through the post and I am really enjoying it. I have to say that I would love to join you ladies. I have used castor oil in the past with another challenge and it really made my hair grow and get thicker. I would still be using it if I wouldn't have gotten really lazy with my hair in the last couple of months. I think it is more because it was growing so fast and I really didn't know how to style it. For now I am rocking my kinky twist for a couple of months. I would like to use the castor oil at least 2-3 time a week but don't want to over do it because I really don't like washing to much when I have braids because it sometimes causes my hair to tangle. Anyways I started with my first oil usage tonight and I will be continuing to apply the oil on a nightly basis. It should be easy for me to notice any growth because my braids are freshly done.
I noticed a few of you mentioned putting an EO in your castor oil. What does the EO do if anything?
KeAnia
KeAnia

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinice 21st January 2011, 1:43 am

@KeAnia:tea tree oil is a natural antiseptic, antiviral, and anti fungal
@berry: I hope that itchin means your hair is growing.
@missycee:I hope you knocked out the outline and paper.
@ambitious tiff: you got a lot of hair, how long does it take you to do your hair?

I had a little girl. Since she leaves me little time to do my hair, I am considering changing the schedule. I think I will leave the twists in for 3 weeks instead of two weeks. I will be mulling it over this weekend. Bunny (my daughter) and I now have colds. A course my son (bear) and hubby (boo) do not. The good thing is we are sitting under the humidifier and it is good for the hair. Y'all know of any natural remedies?
Thinice
Thinice

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 21st January 2011, 1:58 am

Tiff, I am only taking 1 class at a time. I am with University of Phoenix and they have an accelerated corriculum. 1 class for 5 week,s then on to the next one. Lots of info in a short a amount of time. Talk about hanging on.....
Thinice, I did finish but the group work was late. Not my fault. But I am part of the team.

Great loss MissKris!!!!

Berry, I heard the itching means growing also. Good luck!!

Butterfly, daggone!!!! What type of phone you got that keeps all that??? I use my notes and calendar also, but geez!!!!

Yeah my son is better. He went back to work today. I just really want hm to grow up though. But I guess as long as I smother him, he won't!!!

Welcome KeAnia!!! Good to know the castor oil really works. I mean we are seeing it, but you've been here before!!!

Very Happy
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 21st January 2011, 1:08 pm

@ KeAnia...WELCOME!!! Glad to have you!!

Just reoiled my hair since I came from the gym. Will definitely be time to wash tomorrow after my workout!! I MAY flat iron it - we're having a bday party for my youngest girl who just turned 5 on Wednesday!!! But we'll see. Not sure if I wanna bother since I have been working out. If not, I'll do a twist out. If it comes out nice I'll take a pic. I want it to be a longer twist out like one I did on a date nite w/hubby a little while ago. It was REALLY nice!! I thought so anyway!!! LOL

I'll let y'all know. Not too long before the next length check!!!!! YAY!!!!
woot! afro
misskris
misskris

http://www.earthdust.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Berry3674 21st January 2011, 1:10 pm

Well if itching means growth, I'm about to be Rapunzel!!! I think I will add some Rosemary or Tea tree oil to my jbco. Maybe that will soothe my scalp. I haven't felt itching like this since I wore weaves. When the jbco is used up I will try the regular castor oil. Tonight I will wash with my herbal shampoo from butters and bars. Then I'll dc and braid it for the weekend.
Berry3674
Berry3674

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 21st January 2011, 1:19 pm

Yeah I am about of my jbco also. But I do already have some of the regular stuff. I don't notice itching. But I will let you know if I notice any difference. Adding the tee tree oil might work!!! GL!!!!
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by Berry3674 21st January 2011, 1:21 pm

Is the regular co as thick as the jbco? Just wondering cuz I rinse my hair every morning and the jbco is so thick that I know it's not rinsing out.
Berry3674
Berry3674

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 21st January 2011, 1:23 pm

I think I heard that the regular is thicker but I may be wrong. Cuz isn't there other stuff in the JCBO that thins it out??? I dunno. But yeah, the tea tree should help with the itchies. I think that's why my scalp hasn't been itching cuz I have tea tree oil in my castor oil. Very Happy
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by Berry3674 21st January 2011, 2:07 pm

MissyCee wrote:Ummm, ok, I watched, but looks pretty greasy. I don't like using gel in my hair either. Maybe I will find another.......But thanks No

I just looked back and saw this. I use the ecostyler on Sundays and then the rest of the week I just add a little curl activating gel to it to refresh. By the 2nd day it's not crunchy anymore. And u still have the coils and ringlets of the wash and go. I also add my oil at night and massage it in which helps soften the gel.
Berry3674
Berry3674

Back to top Go down

Post by Berry3674 21st January 2011, 2:09 pm

Thanks MissKriss. The itching isn't intolerable it just caught me off guard because it hasn't been happening until now.
Berry3674
Berry3674

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 21st January 2011, 2:58 pm

DANG! I was gone for one evening and had to read like 30,000 posts...lol. I had to work last night after working all day to answer phones at a live television show our school board does Mad . I guess it was kind of fun being in the live action at the television studio. Anyways...

Welcome to the group, KeAnia!!

LOL@ MissyCee...my phone is just a smart phone but I do utilize every note, calendar, prioritization, alarm, reminder there is on it.

MissKris, I am going to try and follow your lead with working out, and yes please show us pics of your gorgeous hair!

Thinice, congrats on your Bunny! I love that -- Bunny and Bear I love you.
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 21st January 2011, 3:19 pm

I forgot to mention that I saw somebody on YT say they put EVOO on their hair before they put the gel on to counteract that "crunchiness."
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 21st January 2011, 3:22 pm

Will do, Butterfly!! lol And that sounds cool about the evoo before the gel. I guess I would try not to use that much oil though cuz I don't want it looking like a Jheri curl!! LOL
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 21st January 2011, 3:27 pm

Hahahaha...I guess it would look like that with the oil and the gel, huh?! I am going to try it though, but like you said with not too much oil.
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 21st January 2011, 3:37 pm

Hmmm.....maybe I'll do THAT tomorrow instead of flat ironing or twist out!!! Now I just don't know!!! LOL Too many options!!!! scratch
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 21st January 2011, 5:06 pm

Hey ladies!! I did do hair and I tried something new this time. I added honey to my regular prepoo (EVOO and coconut oil). I think I added too much honey and over estimated the size of my head. It was (literally) a hot (I had the nerve to microwave this stuff), sticky mess at first. affraid I applied it extra liberally so of course that causing me to have oil running down my face and neck. Some did get in my eye. Now I will say I enjoyed the sweetness of how it smelled. I ended up sitting under my dryer for about 20 minutes to see if that would help. Thankfully it did. this morning when it was rinse time, my hair did feel nice and soft and supple. I think a modified version will be a keeper. All in all, I will use less honey to avoid the heat on my hair.

@Thinice
I am not very well versed in doing hair yet so it takes me FOREVER just to do a twist and curl. I kept an eye on the time since you asked. I prepoo overnight so I won't even include that time, lol. It took me about 40 minutes to shower, cowash, and detangle. I oil my scalp, moisturize, seal, twist, and add rollers by section. Today it took me from 6:36 to 9:37 to finish all of that. I am not sure about drying time b/c I still have my rollers in tucked under my hat, lol! So I guess it takes me a little under 4 hours? Wow, looking at it broken down that way makes it look almost like a part time job... Aw, Bunny and Bear. What cute nicknames! Sorry you guys are sick though. Feel better soon.

@MissyCee
My sister actually went to University of Phoenix! Girl you can do it. I know a few who've graduated there. Just make sure you keep your head in the game! study

@KeAnia
Welcome to the challenge! Don't forget to post before pics!
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 21st January 2011, 5:17 pm

**BULLETIN**
THE MAILROOM JUST DELIVERED MY SHAMPOO BARS FROM CHAGRIN VALLEY!! woot!
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 21st January 2011, 5:23 pm

HAhahahahaha!!!! Bulletin!!! LOL You're too funny Tiff. Yeah I love putting honey in my DC mix. Haven't done it for a pre-poo though. When I use it I feel like the honey makes my hair extra shiny. And I LOVE to eat honey. In fact, my breakfast this morning was 1/2 an apple, 1/2 a banana and cinnamon which I eat often. But today I decided to be wild (lol) and drizzle some honey on it! OH!! It was good. Added just a hint more sweetness to it!!!!
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 21st January 2011, 5:29 pm

YAYYYYYY...new products!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I forgot I wanted to say to MissyCee (thanks for the reminder, Tiff) that I went to UOP for my AA in psychology. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that school!! I took 2 classes at a time for that, and it nearly killed me sometimes, but I did it. Can't wait to go back.

For a snack, Misskris, I often have the light whole wheat Oroweat toast or the light whole grain Thomas' English muffins with a thin spread of peanut butter and a drizzle of honey....mmmmm-mmm!! pig
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 21st January 2011, 5:32 pm

My fave is a sandwich thin with banana and peanut butter. I LOVE that and could probably it it for breakfast, lunch and dinner!! I haven't put honey on it but thought about it. I know my rommie in college used to eat it with honey. I bet it is yummy!!! tongue
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 21st January 2011, 5:37 pm

I have not been able to move myself to eat bananas and peanut butter sandwiches. People rave about them, but the texture of bread and bananas together just doesn't sound appetizing to me. Idea Oooooh, maybe I could try it with toasting my bread.
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 21st January 2011, 5:40 pm

GIRL!!!!!! TRY IT!!!!! I promise you will LOVE it!!!! I never used regular bread though. I always use the sandwich thins (cuz they're only 100 calories) OR I'll use a 100% whole wheat english muffin. But I do toast them. TRY TRY TRY!!!!!! dance
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 21st January 2011, 5:49 pm

Hahahahaha!!!!...okaaayyyy, I will try it tomorrow...LOL!
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 21st January 2011, 6:17 pm

YAY!!!! dance Just use 1/2 a banana and I usually use the whole serving size of 2 tbsp of PB, but use what you want of course. And I eat each half like an open face sandwich. I never close the sandwich. I don't know why, just don't!!! lol Maybe I feel like I am eating more that way!!! LOL woot!
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 21st January 2011, 7:01 pm

@MissKris
Hahahahaha!! It was breaking news! Now I am thinking I wanna wash my hair again, lol. When you put honey in your dc, how do you use it without it being sticky and hard? My hair does appear to have some extra sheen to it though. I also noticed that my curls in the back are usually puffed on the ends but are not today. Your breakfast sounds good. I need to jump back on it. I have been skipping meals and eating on the go. My BP is up too. I gotta WOOO-SAAAAHH. *Rubs ears* maybe I will start doing more scalp massages. I am going to quit my job and find something partime and much less stressful as soon as I am able. I'm hoping to get something at my university...

@Butterfly125
Don't sleep on the PB and Banana. Its a good snack that is filling and can provide some much needed energy and potassium for working out. It is good with honey. Its also makes a good smoothie flavor minus the bread, lol. If you think consistency will be an issue, try apples and PB. Just as good to me. Razz
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 29 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16 ... 29  Next