CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2011 Hair Growth Challenge -- Jan thru Apr

+48
domanie7
QueenSheba
kinksncurls
KeAnia
Tea
Jezzielane
Tnt38
bambi
The Raw Twinkie
MissPriss7
CurlyPA
laleepop14
Cupcake415
j. kinky
natalie24
Fleur
MissyCee
Freestyles
DreamMerchant
KnottyKinkyMommy
natural_nance
wyldhoney
Jazzmatazz
LoveZaporiah
Thina_Marie
cierra8605
newlycurlygirly
MsJay1121
vliquid
naturallydevine
Ambitious_Tiff
swoodward
yacoomba
thetiffany
naijagrl
newbeginnings201O
jurisdoctordre
tressedforsuccess
SheeTacular
krissyc39
TwistedKurlzz
ChrsLvsBks
LetMeFixMyHurr
rayray19
rvalent2
Nessa101
misskris
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
52 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

2011 Hair Growth Challenge -- Jan thru Apr - Page 2 Empty 2011 Hair We Come !!

Post by newbeginnings201O 23rd December 2010, 12:36 am

I'm all in, I just BC'd on Tuesday and thus far my response has been tremendous...people love it. I am excited to grow my hair...I want the biggest afro ever!I am also a product junkie on steroids and will try anything once.

newbeginnings201O

Back to top Go down

2011 Hair Growth Challenge -- Jan thru Apr - Page 2 Empty Re: 2011 Hair Growth Challenge -- Jan thru Apr

Post by Mandi'sGoneCurly! 23rd December 2010, 4:58 pm

newbeginnings201O wrote:I'm all in, I just BC'd on Tuesday and thus far my response has been tremendous...people love it. I am excited to grow my hair...I want the biggest afro ever!I am also a product junkie on steroids and will try anything once.

Congrats on your BC! Post pics!
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
Mandi'sGoneCurly!

Back to top Go down

2011 Hair Growth Challenge -- Jan thru Apr - Page 2 Empty Re: 2011 Hair Growth Challenge -- Jan thru Apr

Post by naijagrl 24th December 2010, 1:22 am

Yes! Finally a hair challenge I can actually participate in Very Happy

Name: Onome
Hairtype: 4 something, idk?
Routine
Weekly
* Prepoo with EVOO then shampoo (suave professionals shea butter), detangle (aussie moist), and protein treatment (aphogee) and DC
**I plan to do box braids and mini-twists every week (no twist/braid-outs) throughout the winter and hopefully show good length retained**
Daily
* Moisturize every 1-2 days with spritz and seal with EVCO
Monthly
* Henna once a month (green tea, lemon juice and 100g jamilla henna)

Hair Length goal: Hoping for APL in the back, and perhaps nape of neck in the front (I'm at about 5-6 inches all around)

I'll edit this post and add pics this weekend.
naijagrl
naijagrl

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandi'sGoneCurly! 24th December 2010, 5:03 pm

naijagrl wrote:Yes! Finally a hair challenge I can actually participate in Very Happy

Name: Onome
Hairtype: 4 something, idk?
Routine
Weekly
* Prepoo with EVOO then shampoo (suave professionals shea butter), detangle (aussie moist), and protein treatment (aphogee) and DC
**I plan to do box braids and mini-twists every week (no twist/braid-outs) throughout the winter and hopefully show good length retained**
Daily
* Moisturize every 1-2 days with spritz and seal with EVCO
Monthly
* Henna once a month (green tea, lemon juice and 100g jamilla henna)

Hair Length goal: Hoping for APL in the back, and perhaps nape of neck in the front (I'm at about 5-6 inches all around)

I'll edit this post and add pics this weekend.

Hey lady! Welcome and good luck!
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
Mandi'sGoneCurly!

Back to top Go down

Post by thetiffany 25th December 2010, 12:05 am

this is just what i need! I will post my pics and info later. i just burned santas cookies and still have gifts to wrap, lol
thetiffany
thetiffany

http://embracingmycurly.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by krissyc39 25th December 2010, 2:05 am

Hey ya'll I just bought some fermodyl 07! I heard about it from this LHCF http://www.longhaircareforum.com/hair-care-tips-product-review-discussion/124368-fermodyl-619-a-10.html and after I saw the hair of some of the ladies who swear by it I had to buy it!! I haven't tried it yet because my hair is currently straight but once the new year comes I'm gonna give it a go Smile

I haven't even tried it and I'm already anticipating to add it to my regimen lol

Name: Kristine
Hair Type: 4a
Routine:
- Wash 1x weekly
- Henna or Fermodyl 07 every other week
- Moisturize Scalp Daily w/ Castor Oil/ Hot six oil
- Protective styling 5 days a week

Hair Length Goal: An inch past APL/ thicker hair
krissyc39
krissyc39

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandi'sGoneCurly! 25th December 2010, 5:48 pm

@ krissyc39
Ooh, let me know how it works!
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
Mandi'sGoneCurly!

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 26th December 2010, 2:27 pm

Hello Ladies and MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!
So are people doing this challenge along with others? Cuz I will join too if so. I am in the "New Castor Oil Challenge" and so far things are good.
misskris
misskris

http://www.earthdust.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandi'sGoneCurly! 26th December 2010, 5:49 pm

misskris wrote:Hello Ladies and MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!
So are people doing this challenge along with others? Cuz I will join too if so. I am in the "New Castor Oil Challenge" and so far things are good.
I think there are a couple ladies that are doing other challenges. I don't see why you can't Smile Smile
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
Mandi'sGoneCurly!

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 26th December 2010, 6:38 pm

Well good, then I'm in!!!! Ok so.....
Name: Kristen
Hair Type: 3c
Routine:
- Wash once/week, usually Saturdays, sometimes I can go a couple days longer
- Cowash in between at least once
- Oil Scalp about every other day w/ Castor Oil
- Moisturize as needed but usually every other day w/Cantu Shea Leave-In and seal with an oil, either Jojoba or coconut
- Protective styling mostly everyday -- right now in a cornrow updo, but I normally have it in 2 strand twists.
- Hair Length Goal: First goal is BSL, currently it's about 2 inches past collar bone in the front and maybe 3 inches away from BSL in the back straightened.

Right now I am also taking part in the New Castor Oil Challenge and so far so good.
misskris
misskris

http://www.earthdust.com

Back to top Go down

Post by yacoomba 26th December 2010, 7:42 pm

I would like to join-I just put in kinky twists this past weekend and I'm also in the Castor Oil Challenge

Name: Yacoomba

Hair Type: 4a/4b ( I think-still transitioning so will know for sure once relaxed ends are clipped)
Routine: Shampoo weekly and use Koils by Nature Stimulating Hair Growth Rinse(has apple cider vinegar)
Leave-In conditioner (Giovanni-Kimmaytube Recipe)
Oil scalp 3-4 times per week with Castor Oil mix (castor oil, sweet almond oil, and tea tree)
Spritz kinky twists and scalp w/ concoction daily of water, aloe vera juice, jojoba oil, rosemary oil, and sweet almond oil

Hair Length Now-about 8 inches all around with the relaxed end except for the back thats 3.5 inches of natural hair. Not sure of the goal-but would like healthy hair and eventually get rid of this scab hair I found out I have. This is going to set me back some with the transition making it longer.

*I'm keeping the kinky twists in 6 weeks and then giving my hair a break for 2 weeks, I will retwist for another 6 weeks after that.

Last edited by yacoomba on 27th December 2010, 12:10 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : added information about my protective style and Hair Growth Rinse)
yacoomba
yacoomba

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 26th December 2010, 8:31 pm

Sign me up!!!
name: Swoodward
Hair Type: 4a/4b? (mostly s' & a few o's)
Routine: Cleanse once a week, apply condish and leave it in, detangle, twist and air dry. Once a month henna, twice a month DC or DT depending on protein or moisture needs
Hair Length Goal: 2 inches of growth with great ends.

I use shikakai, brahmi, amla, henna, aloe vera juice
Oils: jojoba oil, avocado oil, olive oil, castor oil
Shampoo: open to any shampoo except Dove, HH, or VO5.
Condish: Love Aveeno Nourish & Shine, Aussie Moist, Kiehl's Olive Fruit, Sunflower or Argan line, Curls - both regular and Tea, HEHH, DevaCurl - both One and Heaven in Hair. Leave-In: I now leave in regular condish but still can't live without KCKT or QB Olive and Amla and Olive & Honey Balm. Both companies make bangin' pomades too.

I'll post pix tomorrow - I have to load from my camera. I need to measure too because I recently cut my hair.

swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 26th December 2010, 10:47 pm

Hey guys! I'm in. This will work well in conjuction with the New Castor Oil Challenge and the Healthy Hair from Within Challenge!

Name: Tiffany
Hair Type: IDK
My regimen will go as follows:

I will be taking prenatal vitamins daily
I will be oiling my scalp using castor oil (I will let y'all know if for some reason this changes)
My oil days will be Monday, Wednesday, Saturday (post wash or co wash)
I will massage my scalp 10-15 minutes on oil days.
My hair will be in a protective style for the duration of the challenge (s) as soon as I settle on one, lol. I'll only be taking them down to do my length checks, possibly to wash, and when they need re-doing.
I will also be doing a protein treatment every 8 weeks or so.

Before Pics:
From Mid Back:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
From Temple:
From My Widow's Peak:
From Behind My Ear:

As you guys can see my hair is different lengths all around, I have bangs and its was stacked in the back... I am hoping to retain 6 inches in the next year. I'm hoping it will thicken up some also. Good luck to everyone!
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallydevine 26th December 2010, 11:15 pm

I too would like to join.

My routine:
cowash weekly- Shea Moisture Organic
shampoo monthly- Miss Jessies
Keep it braided and rebraid each sunday
oil daily with WGHO
Use My shea butter mixture to moisturize
sleep in bonnet nightly
Will post pics in a few. I need to take some Smile
naturallydevine
naturallydevine

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandi'sGoneCurly! 27th December 2010, 3:56 am

WOW! I didn't expect this many people would sign up! This is awesome! How were you ladies Holidays?
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
Mandi'sGoneCurly!

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 27th December 2010, 11:21 am

My holiday was good. How was yours?
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by vliquid 27th December 2010, 1:07 pm

Hello all!
This is my first post on this board how exciting! I am so excited about this challenge whoo hoo!
Name: Verbal liquid
Hair type: probably 4 something
Regimen:
I wear my hair in protective styles 90% of the time-two strand twists, updos and tuck and pin styles
Moisturize every 2-3 days or whenever my hair feels dry
I wash my hair 1x week
Deep cleanse if I use alot of product

Products:
Shampoo and conditioner: Renpure organics my pretty hair is parched
( I just ran out of the conditioner Sad
Honey hemp conditoner (typically as a prepoo product)
Kinky curly knot today as a replacement for renpure conditioner
Detangle 1x week before and sometimes after I wash
Deep Cleaning: Tresemme Vitamin C deep cleansing add castor oil

Moisturize:
Water mix: H20,juices and berries and aloe vera juice
Shea butter mix: Evoo, Castor oil and shine and define

Styling products:
shea butter mix

Night time routine:
If not already I will throw my hair in some chunky two strand twists, moisturize if necessary and silk bonnet it up tee hee

Hair goals:
I would love my hair to grow to APL by March it is currently shoulder length when stretched

I will post pics later Smile
I am on the hunt for a deep conditioner any suggestions?
[/color]

vliquid

Back to top Go down

Post by MsJay1121 27th December 2010, 1:15 pm

I'm in!!!!

Name: Janay
Hair Type: 4a/b in the crown, 3c all around the nape and sides
Routine: My winter routine
--Shampoo biweekly with Organix shampoo; in between shampoo's I cowash and do an ACV rinse to remove buildup
--Clarify once a month
--Wear some type of PS for 4-5 days out of the week (usually twists), and wear my hair out on weekends
--DC with each shampoo

Products I'm using:

Shampoo: Organix Pomegranate Tea Tree Shampoo, VO5 Kiwi Clarifying Shampoo
Conditioner: Suave Almond and Shea or Rosemary Mint (Co-washing), Yest to Carrots (DC--mixed in are honey, jojoba oil, and AVJ), GDLI (leave in)
Stylers: QB AOHC, SheaMoisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie
Oils: EVOO, jojoba, sweet almond and castor (when I actually go buy them! lol)

Hair Length Goal: I'm currently APL in the back, and would like to get to BSL by the end of the first session

MsJay1121
MsJay1121

Back to top Go down

Post by newlycurlygirly 27th December 2010, 1:39 pm

I'd like to Join! The only hair goal I have is for it to be health. It would be nice for it to reach shoulder length when blown out also!

Name: Erika
Hair Type: 4a/4b
Routine: I am no poo so...Co-wash and DC (YES to Cucumbers, Castor, Coconut, EVOO mixed) once weekly (Sunday), Moisturize Scalp Daily w/ Castor & MN mix, Protective Style throughout the week (M-F).
Seal: Jojoba, EVOO, coconut Oil
Hair Length Goal: Shoulder length when blown out

Very Happy

Last edited by newlycurlygirly on 28th December 2010, 9:40 pm; edited 3 times in total
newlycurlygirly
newlycurlygirly

http://members.fotki.com/newlycurlygirly/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 27th December 2010, 2:13 pm

@curliecutes1121 your hair is gorgeous!!!
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by cierra8605 27th December 2010, 2:45 pm

Name: Cierra
Hair Type: 4A (I thinK?)
Routine: Wash and deep condition once a week, apply Kimmaytube leave in and seal with Burnt Sugar Pomade and style.
Hair Length goal: Shoulder length, stretched, by my one year anniversary March 17, 2011!

November Twists
[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]

Latest Puff
[url=[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cierra8605
cierra8605

Back to top Go down

Post by MsJay1121 27th December 2010, 2:48 pm

rayray19 wrote:@curliecutes1121 your hair is gorgeous!!!

Awh, thanks Ray!
MsJay1121
MsJay1121

Back to top Go down

Post by thetiffany 27th December 2010, 9:07 pm

I would like to join as i have been feeling pretty bummed about my hair. I cant tell if it has been growing...... probably because I didnt do length checks and I havent really had my hair stretched. anyways

Name- Tiffany
hair type- who knows? lol its very thick, kinky, and course
Routine- I mainly wear my hair in two strand twist all the time. I strictly cowash my hair and I do that about every 2-3 weeks.
Products- I havent bought anything new in a few months but for conditioners i use Sauve, VO5, Giovanni direct, and KCNT. Syling aids used are cantu shea butter, aloe vera gel, KCCC, shea moisture curl smoothie and style mik. Oils- jojoba oil, olive oil and most recently i have fallen in love with Africas Best Herbal oil
Goal- Right now my hair is probably shoulder lenght pressed (at least it was in june) I would like to reach shoulder length with my hair blown out or APL when stretched.
From Hair

please click on the pic to enlarge. its easier for me to embed my already uploaded pics, than the forum uploader Smile

Last edited by thetiffany on 27th December 2010, 9:09 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : picture)
thetiffany
thetiffany

http://embracingmycurly.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Thina_Marie 28th December 2010, 1:44 am

I would LOVE to Join =)

Name: Athina
Hair Type: 3C/4A
GOAL: APL or longer

Routine:

Co-Wash: Aussie Moist/Yes to Cucumbers
DC: SheaMoisture Deep Resorative Mask
Oil: Coconut Oil &EVOO
Style: SheaMoisture Coconut & Hisbuscus curl/hold smoothie (but I want to try Curls Milkshake!!) & Shea Butter

Protective Style: 2 strand twists (twist outs on special occasions)
**I will take vitamins everyday**
Very Happy

I'll Post Pics Later!

Thina_Marie

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveZaporiah 28th December 2010, 3:41 am

I want to join!
Name: Zaporiah
Hair Type: I believe I'm a 3c but I don't really know.
Routine: I don't really have one yet.
Starting Point: My hair is shoulder length when curly; Arm pit- almost bra strap-length when straight.
Goal: Arm pit length when curly as well as creating a real routine I can stick to.
LoveZaporiah
LoveZaporiah

http://lovezaporiah.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next