CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2011 Hair Growth Challenge -- Jan thru Apr

+48
domanie7
QueenSheba
kinksncurls
KeAnia
Tea
Jezzielane
Tnt38
bambi
The Raw Twinkie
MissPriss7
CurlyPA
laleepop14
Cupcake415
j. kinky
natalie24
Fleur
MissyCee
Freestyles
DreamMerchant
KnottyKinkyMommy
natural_nance
wyldhoney
Jazzmatazz
LoveZaporiah
Thina_Marie
cierra8605
newlycurlygirly
MsJay1121
vliquid
naturallydevine
Ambitious_Tiff
swoodward
yacoomba
thetiffany
naijagrl
newbeginnings201O
jurisdoctordre
tressedforsuccess
SheeTacular
krissyc39
TwistedKurlzz
ChrsLvsBks
LetMeFixMyHurr
rayray19
rvalent2
Nessa101
misskris
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
52 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

2011 Hair Growth Challenge -- Jan thru Apr Empty 2011 Hair Growth Challenge -- Jan thru Apr

Post by Mandi'sGoneCurly! 19th December 2010, 8:56 pm

This challenge is for all who have 'Grow My Hair!' as their New Years Resolution. This challenge is not product or routine specific. It will be broken up into 3 sessions. The deadline to sign up for this session is January 15. If you miss it, no worries! It will open up again in a couple of months. So let's go!!!
dance

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post your name, Hair Type, Routine, Hair Length Goal and of course pictures! Update your progress monthly!(or as much as you'd like)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Amanda
Hair Type: 4a/4b
Routine: Co-wash 2x weekly, Moisturize Scalp Daily w/ WGHO and MN
Hair Length Goal: Shoulder length when blown out

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Participants:
Nessa101
rvalent2
rayray19
Mandi'sGoneCurly
TwistedKurlzz
ChrsLvsBks
LetMeFixMyHurr
krissyc39
SheeTacular_Napps
tressedforsuccess
jurisdoctordre
newbeginnings201O
naijagrl
thetiffany
misskris
Yacoomba
Swoodward
Ambitious_Tiff
naturallydevine
vliquid
CurlieCutes1121
newlycurlygirly
cierra8605
thetiffany
Thina_Marie
perrydz@plu.edu
Jazzmatazz
wyldhoney
TwistedKurlzz
natural_nance
KnottyKinkyMommy

Last edited by Mandi'sGoneCurly! on 29th December 2010, 11:27 pm; edited 9 times in total (Reason for editing : Adding Participants)
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
Mandi'sGoneCurly!

Back to top Go down

2011 Hair Growth Challenge -- Jan thru Apr Empty Re: 2011 Hair Growth Challenge -- Jan thru Apr

Post by misskris 19th December 2010, 9:33 pm

Hey. I would join you but I have already started up the "New Castor Oil Challenge" But I do have it and haven't used it yet. And you do mean the Grow My Hair Butter from buttersnbars right?
misskris
misskris

http://www.earthdust.com

Back to top Go down

2011 Hair Growth Challenge -- Jan thru Apr Empty Re: 2011 Hair Growth Challenge -- Jan thru Apr

Post by misskris 19th December 2010, 9:34 pm

I LOVE the way that stuff smells!!!! drunken
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandi'sGoneCurly! 19th December 2010, 9:50 pm

No. I was talking about Wild Growth Hair Oil. I didn't want this challenge to be product or routine specific but more of a general challenge of hair growth and we can swap what works or doesn't and observations.
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
Mandi'sGoneCurly!

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 19th December 2010, 9:57 pm

Oh I got ya. I misread.
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa101 19th December 2010, 10:16 pm

I'm in Very Happy The first time I got the grow my hair butter and put it in my hair I Was like :O It felt like gunk being put into my hair, but thank god it went away and the next day my hair felt nice and soft and moisturized
Nessa101
Nessa101

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandi'sGoneCurly! 19th December 2010, 10:19 pm

Nessa101 wrote:I'm in Very Happy The first time I got the grow my hair butter and put it in my hair I Was like :O It felt like gunk being put into my hair, but thank god it went away and the next day my hair felt nice and soft and moisturized
Yay! So what's your hair length now and what's your goal?
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
Mandi'sGoneCurly!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa101 20th December 2010, 12:54 am

My hair is currently shoulder length. My goal would be armpit length straightened and shoulder length curly. I want a nice big curly fro Very Happy

This picture was taken about a year ago. My hair is a bit longer now, but I don't have recent pics since I've only straightened once since last year.
Nessa101
Nessa101

Back to top Go down

Post by rvalent2 20th December 2010, 6:37 pm

I'll join you guys... I do have Wild Growth Hair Oil that I've been using for the past month... I have a TWA right now so any length is good for me..

Name: Rhonda
Hair Type: unsure...4b/4c
Routine: Co-wash 2-3x weekly, Moisturize Scalp Daily after wash
Hair Length Goal: Shoulder length
rvalent2
rvalent2

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 20th December 2010, 10:05 pm

Ill join!! is this like a year challenge???

Name: Raven
Hair Type: 4a
Routine: I wash or co-wash once a week then DC..mainly I wear twist and twist outs..I plan on keeping my twist in longer for protective styling..also I moisturize my hair daily
Hair Length Goal: I really don't have a specific goal..I just want healthy hair..growth is a bonus!!
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandi'sGoneCurly! 20th December 2010, 11:16 pm

Woop Woop! Welcome Ray! I want it to be a year challenge but I realize thats a long time. So we can break it up into months

Last edited by Mandi'sGoneCurly! on 20th December 2010, 11:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
Mandi'sGoneCurly!

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandi'sGoneCurly! 20th December 2010, 11:19 pm

rvalent2 wrote:I'll join you guys... I do have Wild Growth Hair Oil that I've been using for the past month... I have a TWA right now so any length is good for me..

Name: Rhonda
Hair Type: unsure...4b/4c
Routine: Co-wash 2-3x weekly, Moisturize Scalp Daily after wash
Hair Length Goal: Shoulder length
Welcome!
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
Mandi'sGoneCurly!

Back to top Go down

Post by LetMeFixMyHurr 21st December 2010, 3:32 pm

I'm in....

If you think that a year is too long then you should break it up into sessions. I would say like every 4 months. That way we can have 3 sessions in a year and if someone falls off they can join back up next session.

Name: Janice
Hair Type: 3c in the back. 4b along the sides. & 4a everywhere else (I've had my hair typed twice, and yes I have all of them textures lol)
Routine:Co-wash and DC once a week. Clarify once a month. Moisturize and seal every 1-2 days. Braid or Twist each night. Wear in a loose puff. (Keep those ends up ladies)

Products:
HEHH
Suave Coconut Condish
Aussie Moist
Aussie 3 min miracle (mixed with honey for DC)
Ors Pak
CON Argan oil DC
Porosity Control DC
Hawaiian Silky 14-1
KC Knot Today
Shea moisture curl smoothie
Aussie Hair insurance and Sta Sof Fro mixed together
KCCC
My shea butter mix (to seal)
Castor oil mix (to seal)

*I might be getting a sew in for christmas! If I do I plan on keeping it in till about Feb 11th. My DH will be home for R & R on Feb 13th and big hair is in the works for that!

Starting length:

Its not the best picture. But this is my head completely straight forward. The bottom of my tattoo is my armpit in the front. But I am 3.5 inches away from APL in the back. I had my sister to measure twice.

My goal for the end of the year is APL but if I keep PS's and dont have any set backs I could make it by June 2011.

Happy healthy growing ladies!!!
LetMeFixMyHurr
LetMeFixMyHurr

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 21st December 2010, 6:39 pm

I am in! I will post other information later. I'm excited. This is just the push I needed to stay on top of my hair.

Name: ChrsLvsBks

Hair type: High to normal porosity, medium density, medium strands & "S" and "o" shaped curls

Routine:
Weekly
Pre-poo with ayurvedic oil
Shampoo with gentle cleanser
Detangle with conditioner
DC using steam - will use ayurvedic powders, deep conditioners (Bee Mine, Darcy's Botanicals, Curl Junkie)
Style for week using LI/moisturizer (currently Afroveda's Totally Twisted Ginger Almond Butter), sealant (castor, shea, aloe vera or avocado oil) & holding product (Afroveda's PUR Whipped Gelly)

Daily
Spray nightly with aloe gro spritz
Apply oil to ends (castor, shea, aloe vera or avocado)

Monthly
Henna and indigo treatment
Protein treatment using animal, keratin or another non-vegetable protein (two weeks after henna)
Clarify with Curls Clarifying shampoo

Hair length goal (really want to achieve and maintain hair growth):
Above ears - collarbone
Sides/crown - BSL
Nape - APL

Pictures from September:

Last edited by ChrsLvsBks on 22nd December 2010, 12:48 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Updated goals & added pictures)
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TwistedKurlzz 21st December 2010, 10:00 pm

I would like to join also. I will post my information on here in a little while.
TwistedKurlzz
TwistedKurlzz

http://public.fotki.com/angel1907

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandi'sGoneCurly! 21st December 2010, 10:53 pm

LetMeFixMyHurr wrote:I'm in....

If you think that a year is too long then you should break it up into sessions. I would say like every 4 months. That way we can have 3 sessions in a year and if someone falls off they can join back up next session.

Name: Janice
Hair Type: 3c in the back. 4b along the sides. & 4a everywhere else (I've had my hair typed twice, and yes I have all of them textures lol)
Routine:Co-wash and DC once a week. Clarify once a month. Moisturize and seal every 1-2 days. Braid or Twist each night. Wear in a loose puff. (Keep those ends up ladies)

Products:
HEHH
Suave Coconut Condish
Aussie Moist
Aussie 3 min miracle (mixed with honey for DC)
Ors Pak
CON Argan oil DC
Porosity Control DC
Hawaiian Silky 14-1
KC Knot Today
Shea moisture curl smoothie
Aussie Hair insurance and Sta Sof Fro mixed together
KCCC
My shea butter mix (to seal)
Castor oil mix (to seal)

*I might be getting a sew in for christmas! If I do I plan on keeping it in till about Feb 11th. My DH will be home for R & R on Feb 13th and big hair is in the works for that!

Starting length:

Its not the best picture. But this is my head completely straight forward. The bottom of my tattoo is my armpit in the front. But I am 3.5 inches away from APL in the back. I had my sister to measure twice.

My goal for the end of the year is APL but if I keep PS's and dont have any set backs I could make it by June 2011.

Happy healthy growing ladies!!!

Great Idea. So this will be Jan- Apr session. Welcome!
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
Mandi'sGoneCurly!

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandi'sGoneCurly! 21st December 2010, 10:58 pm

ChrsLvsBks wrote:I am in! I will post other information later. I'm excited. This is just the push I needed to stay on top of my hair.

TwistedKurlzz wrote:I would like to join also. I will post my information on here in a little while.

Thanks for Joining!
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
Mandi'sGoneCurly!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa101 21st December 2010, 10:59 pm

oh and name Vanessa. and hair type 4a/b Smile

I'm excited about this challenge! You ladies can keep me motivated!
Nessa101
Nessa101

Back to top Go down

Post by krissyc39 21st December 2010, 11:19 pm

I'd like to join!

I've just joined the protective styling bandwagon (I'm late I know) just in time for winter and now since I'm not spending 20-30 minutes every night on my hair I can focus on other things like length Smile.

I really want to get a good 2 1/2 inches of growth by my birthday (May 7th) so let's get to it!
krissyc39
krissyc39

Back to top Go down

Post by krissyc39 21st December 2010, 11:56 pm

Haha forgot about the pics

I don't have a good picture of my length but I'm pretty sure I'm an inch shy of APL. This is a bantu-knot out and (was) my staple style

My current staple style
krissyc39
krissyc39

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 22nd December 2010, 2:33 am

Very cute pic Krissy!! (bottom pic) and your hair looks so healthy in both!! I say you can get to that goal by your bday. Just be persistent in your hair care and it should be fine. Very Happy

misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 22nd December 2010, 1:59 pm

I'm in. I will post pics and info later.
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tressedforsuccess 22nd December 2010, 2:09 pm

Products:
Low-poo: Aussie Cleanse & Mend
Shampoo: Kinky Curly Come Clean
Deep Treatment: Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque
Conditioner: Jane Carter Nutrient Replenishing Conditioner or RenPure Organics Amazing Miracle Reconstructor
Moisturizer: Shea Moisture Hair Milk
Wash and Go: KKKT, KKCC

Hair Type: 4

Goal:
-Healthier hair
-A functional winter routine.
-APL stretched in 2011. Ultimately, shoulder length unstretched hair.

Starting length:

Looking at these pictures reminds me of when I was happy that my hair actually touched my eyebrows. I hadn't realized that I was so far past my eyebrows now! I love these growth challenges, because you notice things about your journey that you don't notice in real life.

Last edited by tressedforsuccess on 23rd December 2010, 7:47 pm; edited 3 times in total
tressedforsuccess
tressedforsuccess

Back to top Go down

Post by jurisdoctordre 22nd December 2010, 4:16 pm

Yay! Thanks for starting this challenge! I'm in, and I'll post pics & info later!
jurisdoctordre
jurisdoctordre

Back to top Go down

Post by krissyc39 22nd December 2010, 9:04 pm

misskris wrote:Very cute pic Krissy!! (bottom pic) and your hair looks so healthy in both!! I say you can get to that goal by your bday. Just be persistent in your hair care and it should be fine. Very Happy

Thanks! My hair has been through a LOT since I started taking care of it myself but I'm happy to say it's taking a turn for the better Smile

I really like your hair too!
krissyc39
krissyc39

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next