CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2011 Hair Growth Challenge -- Jan thru Apr

+48
domanie7
QueenSheba
kinksncurls
KeAnia
Tea
Jezzielane
Tnt38
bambi
The Raw Twinkie
MissPriss7
CurlyPA
laleepop14
Cupcake415
j. kinky
natalie24
Fleur
MissyCee
Freestyles
DreamMerchant
KnottyKinkyMommy
natural_nance
wyldhoney
Jazzmatazz
LoveZaporiah
Thina_Marie
cierra8605
newlycurlygirly
MsJay1121
vliquid
naturallydevine
Ambitious_Tiff
swoodward
yacoomba
thetiffany
naijagrl
newbeginnings201O
jurisdoctordre
tressedforsuccess
SheeTacular
krissyc39
TwistedKurlzz
ChrsLvsBks
LetMeFixMyHurr
rayray19
rvalent2
Nessa101
misskris
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
52 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

2011 Hair Growth Challenge -- Jan thru Apr - Page 5 Empty Re: 2011 Hair Growth Challenge -- Jan thru Apr

Post by Fleur 6th January 2011, 10:44 pm

MissPriss7 wrote:Hey ladies...i BC'd 3 days ago for the new year! I trainsitioned for 7 months and health and length is really want i am focusing on.... so this challenge will help motivate me : ]

Name: Cassandra
Hair Type: unsure 4ish
Routine: Co-wash 2 times a week, KC knot today leave in, HAWAIIAN SILKY 14-1, EVOO
Hair Length Goal: SHOULDERS!!!

Welcome MissPriss!!! Welcome to the challenge. I agree that a challenge is a great option post-BC. You get a lot of support, hairstyles, products, and just crazy fun during these short months. Good luck and keep posting!
Fleur
Fleur

Back to top Go down

2011 Hair Growth Challenge -- Jan thru Apr - Page 5 Empty Re: 2011 Hair Growth Challenge -- Jan thru Apr

Post by The Raw Twinkie 7th January 2011, 1:04 am

I am ready. So I took some measurements of my hair and also I have some pics (not too nice but I want to at least post something). As of today....

Right side - 10"
Left side - 9 1/2"
front - 10"
Middle - 11"
Back - 11"

I am transitioning and I have been without a relaxer for three months (it will be four on the 12th). As far as hair texture I am not sure yet. If anyone can tell from pics let me know. LOL!! Thanks everyone! Blessings!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The Raw Twinkie
The Raw Twinkie

Back to top Go down

Post by krissyc39 7th January 2011, 1:25 am

Cupcake415 wrote:
krissyc39 wrote:
Cupcake415 wrote:Why Thank U!!!! I actually see some length since I have been going this route!

Very nice! Do you take out the lacefronts once you get home or keep it in?

If you take it out you can massage your hair daily with an oil for extra growth. I've been doing it since I decided to join this challenge. I can't see much growth when it's curly but when I wore my hair straight I saw a significant difference after just a week (1/4 - 1/2 inch)!

Yes... I do take them off when I am at home...

Every morning (or every other morning) before work, I moisturize with my Shea Moisture Curling Smoothie stuff, then seal with my concoction of: Water, grapeseed oil, and Herbal Essence (twist n curl) Conditioner... Keeps my hair pretty soft...

Looks like you have a good regie Smile Good luck and Happy Growing!
krissyc39
krissyc39

Back to top Go down

Post by bambi 7th January 2011, 2:31 am

OK @MissPriss7!! I see you Sandy boo! lol I wanna join!

Name: Angela
Hair Type: 4b...w/ some 3c in the back...might be some 4a in there too idk
Routine: Shampoo once a week w/ Carol's Daughter Khoret Amen Shampoo & Deep Condition w/ Giovanni SAS, Co-Wash (as needed...sometimes daily, depending on the weather) with Aussie Moist or Yes to Cucumbers, Giovanni leave in or Aussie as a leave in, seal w/ Coconut Oil, Shea butter...wash n go's every now & then w/ either flaxseed gel, Hawaiian Silky Curl Activator, or Eco-Custard...trying to Henna twice a month, twist-outs w/ flaxseed gel & shea butter/coconut oil/jojoba oil mix

...Clearly I'm still trying to find a set routine!

Hair Length Goal: Collarbone/Shoulder Length by May!
bambi
bambi

Back to top Go down

Post by bambi 7th January 2011, 2:32 am

P.S. I don't have any good pictures showing my length, but they're coming soon!
bambi
bambi

Back to top Go down

Post by Tnt38 7th January 2011, 2:49 am

ME ME I want to join lol.
Hey curlies Im Tracy, and I've been natural for 5months.
Hair type: 4a
Goal: HEALTHY collar bone (by April) shoulder (end of year)
Routine: For the past month I have been on a personal PS challenge, curly/kinky sew in weaves until winter is over, so about the middle of April. I have it installed rock it for 3 weeeks, take it down wash and do a henna treatment followed by a deep treatment and get another one within 3-4 days. While the sew in is installed I moisturize daily with a spritz of water/conditioner/oil, and apply castor oil to my edges.

Here's the last pic I have of my hair around mid- December

[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[/img]

My avatar is my first sew in.
Tnt38
Tnt38

Back to top Go down

Post by The Raw Twinkie 7th January 2011, 12:25 pm

Tnt38, your hair looks awesome!!! I think that is a great routine for the winter. Cant wait to see your results after the challenge. Very Happy
The Raw Twinkie
The Raw Twinkie

Back to top Go down

Post by The Raw Twinkie 7th January 2011, 12:34 pm

I think someone is going to have to educate me on Castor oil. I want to get some from what I am reading but I want to make sure I use it properly. This may be something that could help me during this challenge. afro
The Raw Twinkie
The Raw Twinkie

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 7th January 2011, 12:38 pm

Hey Twinkie. Come join us on the New Castor Oil Challenge that I started. My hair has already grown about 2" in one area. All you have to do is apply it to your scalp and massage it in. You can add an essential oil if you'd like, like tea tree oil for the itchies, or rosemary for grwoth stimulation. There's really no wrong way to apply an oil. Very Happy
misskris
misskris

http://www.earthdust.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tnt38 7th January 2011, 5:09 pm

Thanks Twinkie!! I know I hope to retain some serious growth. When do you plan to BC?? Oh and castor oil is THEBOMB.COM I love that oil!!
Tnt38
Tnt38

Back to top Go down

Post by The Raw Twinkie 7th January 2011, 5:35 pm

Thanks @misskriss, I think I shall join you ladies in the castor oil challenge. I am so excited about it. @Tnt38, I am not sure of when I will be doing the big chop or if I will. I have been doing mini trims on my hair so far. I said I will give it a full year transition and then see from there. I am so used to having length I just want to have some when I do cut all the relaxed ends off. Let's see how it goes. I am enjoying the journey though. I still am trying to figure the hair texture thing out and also what will work well for my natural hair opposed to my relaxed ends. Oh, well, so much to learn but at least I am loving it! lol!
The Raw Twinkie
The Raw Twinkie

Back to top Go down

Post by The Raw Twinkie 7th January 2011, 5:46 pm

I also forgot to note my goal of hair length for this challenge: I would like my hair to reach BSL (is that bra strap length?) or middle of my back. This is going to be a lot of work. I would also like at the end of the year for my natural hair to be at shoulder length or longer. Hey a girl can dream (make reality) cant she?? afro
The Raw Twinkie
The Raw Twinkie

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 7th January 2011, 6:13 pm

Girl (Twinkie) I am so with you on that BSL. (And yes that is bra strap length!! lol) Right now, my hair in the back is a few inches from that so I am hoping that by summer or the end of summer it will be there or at least close. And if this castor oil keeps doing it's magic than I may be in luck!!! Very Happy

woot!
misskris
misskris

http://www.earthdust.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MissPriss7 7th January 2011, 9:38 pm

Thank you fleur for the WElcome!!
Since my last post i have added a few things to my weekly hair care : YES to Carrots conditioner... LOVE LOVE LOVE my curls are poppin !! and i got a new olive oil by kalamata ...kind of pricey ! but i like ! and i decided to break down and go get those spray bottles... which im thinking of making something up as we Speak

P.S. i see my Soror/ Line Sister BAMBI has joined the challenge lol....GOOD LUCK!!!
MissPriss7
MissPriss7

http://www.twitter.com/MissPriss_7

Back to top Go down

2011 Hair Growth Challenge -- Jan thru Apr - Page 5 Empty Sign me up!

Post by Jezzielane 8th January 2011, 3:15 am

Hi,
I'd like to join the hair growth challenge as well. Just tell me what I need to do. I don't know how long my hair is now but any growth would be appreciated.

Hair type: I guess my hair is like a 4a/b
Routine: Wash with Yes to Carrots!
Condition with Suave Almond & Shea Butter
Deep Condition with Unrefined Virgin Coconut Oil/High Cholesterol
Daily Moisturizer is a whipped shea butter that contains 9 oils

I will post a picture as soon as one of you naturalistas can tell me how to do so, lol.
Jezzielane
Jezzielane

Back to top Go down

Post by Jezzielane 8th January 2011, 3:22 am

I figured out how to post my picture. That's me to the left with a day old twist out. It was taken about 3 weeks ago. That's my go-to style.
Jezzielane
Jezzielane

Back to top Go down

Post by bambi 8th January 2011, 3:55 am

Finally have some length check pics! Please excuse my face, I look exhausted lol

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Hair Length Goal: Collarbone/Shoulder length by May!
bambi
bambi

Back to top Go down

Post by bambi 8th January 2011, 3:57 am

@Jezzielane
I uploaded the pics on fotki.com then right click on the pic, go to properties, copy the URL then on here click on the "image" button and paste the URL there.
bambi
bambi

Back to top Go down

Post by Jezzielane 8th January 2011, 3:59 am

@ Bambi :
Thanks, I'll try that.
Jezzielane
Jezzielane

Back to top Go down

2011 Hair Growth Challenge -- Jan thru Apr - Page 5 Empty re: 2011 Hair Challenge

Post by Tea 8th January 2011, 2:42 pm

Happy New Year!

Interested in 2011 hair challenge!

Tea

Back to top Go down

Post by KeAnia 8th January 2011, 8:14 pm

Hi Ladies

I would like to join in also. I am not sure if this is the right challenge for me because I will be getting some kinky twist next week but I will be taking care of my scalp.
[/font]
KeAnia
KeAnia

Back to top Go down

Post by kinksncurls 8th January 2011, 11:32 pm

I'm in!

Name: kinksncurls
Hair Type: 4b
Routine: Wash and condition 1x per week, moisturize, and deep condition 1x per month on loose hair
Hair Length Goal: I want to grow at least 1.5 inches from now to April

My hair is in natural braids and this is how I wear it most of the time. When I have a chance I'll do a length check and post pictures
kinksncurls
kinksncurls

Back to top Go down

Post by QueenSheba 9th January 2011, 9:48 pm

Name: MiaNia
Type: unsure.....maybe 4 some 3
Routine: co-wash once a week, shampoo once a month, moisturize with leave in and shealoe mix, seal with coconut and olive oil.
Goal: BSL while curly, avoid damaged ends

Products: Aussie Moist, HEHH, Shealoe mix, olive and cocunut oil
QueenSheba
QueenSheba

Back to top Go down

Post by LetMeFixMyHurr 10th January 2011, 9:51 pm

I was wearing my hair out but the harsh winter air is killing my ends.

Right now my protective style of choice is lacefronts or full wigs.

My routine under wigs
*Wash or co wash
*dc for 30 mins
*spray my hair down with aussie hair insurance/ sta sof fro mix
*add kinky curly knot today
*seal with LOTS of coconut oil
*Put in 2 ponytails, braid them down and put on stocking cap

I can't get down with partials, My leave out always break off.

I was at the bss and I found a wig cap with adjustable straps made in it for 2 bucks!! I got some virgin indian hair from juju's that I plan on sewing on and making a wigs with.

Happy hair growing ladies!
LetMeFixMyHurr
LetMeFixMyHurr

Back to top Go down

2011 Hair Growth Challenge -- Jan thru Apr - Page 5 Empty hair growth challenge

Post by domanie7 11th January 2011, 3:17 pm

Name: Domanie
I just BCed in December. Now I wanna see how much my hair can grow between now and December
Hair Type: 4c....I think
Routine:Take Biotin and Prenatal pills daily. Protective styling(senegalese twist). Moisturize every other day. Wash every 2 weeks.
Hair Length Goal: Don't have one. Grow baby Grow!

This is my first post.......so how do I post pics?

domanie7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next