CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2011 Hair Growth Challenge -- Jan thru Apr

+48
domanie7
QueenSheba
kinksncurls
KeAnia
Tea
Jezzielane
Tnt38
bambi
The Raw Twinkie
MissPriss7
CurlyPA
laleepop14
Cupcake415
j. kinky
natalie24
Fleur
MissyCee
Freestyles
DreamMerchant
KnottyKinkyMommy
natural_nance
wyldhoney
Jazzmatazz
LoveZaporiah
Thina_Marie
cierra8605
newlycurlygirly
MsJay1121
vliquid
naturallydevine
Ambitious_Tiff
swoodward
yacoomba
thetiffany
naijagrl
newbeginnings201O
jurisdoctordre
tressedforsuccess
SheeTacular
krissyc39
TwistedKurlzz
ChrsLvsBks
LetMeFixMyHurr
rayray19
rvalent2
Nessa101
misskris
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
52 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

2011 Hair Growth Challenge -- Jan thru Apr - Page 6 Empty Re: 2011 Hair Growth Challenge -- Jan thru Apr

Post by Beautifully_Me 11th January 2011, 9:08 pm

This is perfect for me! I planned to BC in April but now i may reconsider lol

Name: Jess
Hair Type: No idea..it jus curls up when its wet lol
Routine: Wash once a week using Cantu Shampoo & Conditioner..Cantu Leave In Conditioner, and moisturize with Cantu Daily Shea Moisturizer and the oil for shine. Braid Outs, Twist Outs, Flexi Rod roller sets..straighten no more than once a month.
Hair Length Goal: No goal..jus want it to grow..
Ill post pics later..

I'm excited about this Smile Smile
Beautifully_Me
Beautifully_Me

http://idontgetit28.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

2011 Hair Growth Challenge -- Jan thru Apr - Page 6 Empty My pics

Post by domanie7 15th January 2011, 12:10 pm

Here is the pic pf my hair before i put the protective style in and a pic of the protective style.

https://i.servimg.com/u/f38/16/08/42/32/hair_c11.jpg

https://i.servimg.com/u/f38/16/08/42/32/protec10.jpg

domanie7

Back to top Go down

2011 Hair Growth Challenge -- Jan thru Apr - Page 6 Empty Re: 2011 Hair Growth Challenge -- Jan thru Apr

Post by priceless 15th January 2011, 8:12 pm

hey ladies i know that i am late seeing this and very close to the deadline but i am in. this is part of my new year resolution to grow my hair this year.

Hair type i never really typed my hair so don't really know.
routine: cowash at least once a week, deep condition once a week, oil everyday, protective style at least twice a week.
goal is to get shoulder length curly

I will not do any heat on my hair through this whole process

will post pictures later
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by annierocket 15th January 2011, 11:47 pm

is it too late for me to join? I would love to participate in tis challenge!
annierocket
annierocket

http://www.annierocketsaidit.com (coming soon)

Back to top Go down

Post by naomimaxine927 16th January 2011, 12:28 am

Ooo, I want in!

My Regimen is pretty simple.
Mosturize & Seal Daily (or at least try to)
Oil Scalp 3-7x a week
Cowash 2-3x a week
Prepoo Weekly
Wash Weekly
Deep Condition Weekly
Protein Treatment Monthly
Clarify Monthly
naomimaxine927
naomimaxine927

http://beautifulkinks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamMerchant 16th January 2011, 9:18 am

Update:

I have not checked length yet and will not until April. Here is my shampoo day routine. I only shampoo once a week but I co-wash every night.

On shampoo day

1. Apply Parachute coconut oil to dry hair and massage in. Leave on for 1 hour. But today I used Dabur Amla as my oil of choice.
2. Clarify to get all the weeks worth of conditioner, scurl, and oils off my strands. I only shampoo once with this and I do not put it on my scalp.
3. I do one shampoo with Nyle herbal shampoo and I do massage this one into the scalp since it has amla in it.

4. Apply Giovanni 50:50 conditioner and leave on for 3 to 5 minutes then rinse.
5. Style as usual.
DreamMerchant
DreamMerchant

http://public.fotki.com/DreamMerchant/

Back to top Go down

Post by MsJay1121 16th January 2011, 7:40 pm

My update:

My routine has remained pretty much consistent: "out" styles Friday and Saturday, PS's Monday-Thursday, and Sunday is the "reset" day. I've been shampooing biweekly and cowashing in between shampooing. So far my hair has responded well.

Now, the length check:

Side: 11/10/10
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Side: 1/16/11

Front: 11/10/10

Front: Today

Back: 11/10/10

Back: Today

I can't get the exact pose on the back like last length check, but it looks basically the same to me. My front and sides however..... wowzas!!!!! Very Happy

So far so good!
MsJay1121
MsJay1121

Back to top Go down

Post by MissPriss7 16th January 2011, 10:29 pm

Hey ladies...QUESTION!!!
ok ladies i thought i read on the site not to apply oil directly to the scalp because it clogs pores. Is this true? and with Castor oil?!?!
Thanks!
MissPriss7
MissPriss7

http://www.twitter.com/MissPriss_7

Back to top Go down

Post by bambi 20th January 2011, 12:05 am

I think it depends on the oil...Oils like jojoba, castor oil, sweet almond oil and all that good stuff are safe, they penetrate through the scalp...mineral oil, BOOP NO! lol
bambi
bambi

Back to top Go down

Post by MissPriss7 20th January 2011, 1:02 am

i kno about mineral oil lol..but im trying to get on this castor oil! EVOO makes my hair all limpy ..and u could of texted me this ! but thanks for the response
MissPriss7
MissPriss7

Back to top Go down

Post by bambi 20th January 2011, 1:20 am

lol i thought about it...but my fingers were already on the keyboard. I just bought some Castor Oil from Vitamin Shoppe the other week, get up on it cuh!
bambi
bambi

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 20th January 2011, 12:36 pm

MissPriss7 wrote:Hey ladies...QUESTION!!!
ok ladies i thought i read on the site not to apply oil directly to the scalp because it clogs pores. Is this true? and with Castor oil?!?!
Thanks!
hey MissPriss7....all I have ever heard not to apply to your scalp (or skin in general) is mineral oil because it clogs the pores and inhibits hair growth. But yes, jojoba, evoo, castor are all good. Castor oils has been doing us some REAL good with hair growth over in my New Castor Oil Challenge. We've been on it for about a month and a half and some of have already seen up to 2" of growth!!!! We all thought we were seeing things and going crazy but we all also measured more than once and kept getting the same results --- major growth!!!! Hope that helps!!! Very Happy
misskris
misskris

http://www.earthdust.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MissPriss7 22nd January 2011, 2:53 am

yes ! it does i actually got castor oil today and i was wondering how often do u apply it and do u mix it with anything
Thanks!
MissPriss7
MissPriss7

Back to top Go down

Post by KnottyKinkyMommy 29th January 2011, 1:31 am

Took out my cornrows and shampooed my hair which has grown a lil' bit. I have now redone my cornrows which I rock under a wig/beanie/scarf until I absolutely can not stand it.

**Recent discoveries**

I tried the Shea Moisture Leave In and it left my hair dry and crispy. I'll save it for the summer...perhaps it will fare better then.

Also tried a sample of Loreal Everstrong Reconstruct Sulfate Free Shampoo. It was AWESOME! Great lather with a nice fresh clean scent that didn't strip my hair.
KnottyKinkyMommy
KnottyKinkyMommy

Back to top Go down

Post by KnottyKinkyMommy 7th February 2011, 5:15 pm

**crickets**
KnottyKinkyMommy
KnottyKinkyMommy

Back to top Go down

Post by MissPriss7 8th February 2011, 2:52 am

haha! it does get quite quiet in this room ! Well im super glad u are gettin growth and i keep hearing that leave in is a drier! Idk !

Quick question for anyone listening : i think i need some protein! any suggestions?
MissPriss7
MissPriss7

Back to top Go down

Post by KnottyKinkyMommy 10th February 2011, 1:46 am

^^I never do protein treatments because my hair hates them. But if you ever want something light, perhaps Giovanni Direct Leave-In will do the trick.
KnottyKinkyMommy
KnottyKinkyMommy

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 10th February 2011, 1:29 pm

MissPriss7 wrote:haha! it does get quite quiet in this room ! Well im super glad u are gettin growth and i keep hearing that leave in is a drier! Idk !

Quick question for anyone listening : i think i need some protein! any suggestions?
You can try adding eggs, mayonnaise, full fat Greek yogurt or coconut milk to your deep conditioner. Henna or cassia works for most for strengthening. Products you can purchase include Aubrey Organics GPB conditioner, JOICO Reconstructor conditioner, Nexxus Emergencee, Giovanni's Smooth as Silk conditioner and Giovanni's Xtreme protein treatment (not exact name).

My hair is doing good. I need to do better with PSing. I get bored easily. I was inspired by a few websites so I hope to start up doing them again.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 10th February 2011, 3:30 pm

I'm still in the challenge. I henna'd my hair this week. I have been in protective styles most of February. I wore Yarn braids for January. I will post a vid of my growth soon.
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MissPriss7 11th February 2011, 12:06 am

Ok so I'll try the suggestions thanks... KKM, how do u know ur hates protein???? Just wanting to know wat to look 4
MissPriss7
MissPriss7

Back to top Go down

Post by bambi 12th February 2011, 2:48 am

Yea same here. I hear alot of people say their hair doesn't like protein but idk how they know...protein seems to be in alot of products
bambi
bambi

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 12th February 2011, 11:45 pm

MissPriss7 wrote:Ok so I'll try the suggestions thanks... KKM, how do u know ur hates protein???? Just wanting to know wat to look 4

bambi wrote:Yea same here. I hear alot of people say their hair doesn't like protein but idk how they know...protein seems to be in alot of products
Typically with protein your hair becomes stiff. If the stiffness is still there after you rinse it out and use a moisturizing treatment afterward, you are protein sensitive. Your hair will feel brittle, dry and/or hard. It may be they used hydrolized protein or another form of "stronger" protein and did not follow up with a moisturizing treatment or a treatment that was moisturizing enough.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KnottyKinkyMommy 13th February 2011, 7:00 pm

^^Exactly. After a protein treatment (Aphogee, etc) or even if I use a product laden with protein, my hair becomes hard and stiff. It loses all elasticity, becomes brittle and breaks off at the slightest touch. For my hair, its best to err on the side of moisture.

Throughout my years across various boards, I've noticed many people doing protein treatments and complaining that their hair is breaking off. (I used to be one of these people.) Most naturals I know, do not like nor need to use protein. But most permies I know NEED protein. Hope that make sense.
KnottyKinkyMommy
KnottyKinkyMommy

Back to top Go down

Post by bambi 16th February 2011, 12:43 am

Makes sense! I've never done a protein treatment but I have noticed with Eco Styler gel my hair feels dry and somewhat brittle the next day, that might be due to the hydrolyzed wheat protein huh?! UGH but it works so well! Mad
bambi
bambi

Back to top Go down

Post by thetiffany 26th February 2011, 3:19 am

Hi everyone! I figure this thread is overdue for a bump~ I hope everyone is doing ok. as for me, I have had some issues. I have been battling dry hair for weeks now, it seems I have to spritz my hair sometimes twice a day to keep it from feeling dry Sad I also havent been able to find the right combo for a daily spritz. I flat ironed my hair a few weeks ago, and suprisingly I didnt get any heat damage Smile

as far as growth, I trimmed my hair in the beginning of the month. it wasnt much at all. I dont think my hair has grown much, but I guess I will know for sure soon. will probably do a length check in march/april

for styling I have mainly worn two strand twist, and a few random twist outs

Hope to hear from you all Smile
thetiffany
thetiffany

http://embracingmycurly.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next