CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

cyclingchick - More Oyin Love, pics...

+37
naturallynola
funkyhairchic
DivaDreamgirl
Intelligentbeauty
JessiWantsCurls
TheRYL1
QueenSheba
teenatty
natchralme
SheeTacular
LaToya28
Neems
KinkyNappyHappy
BlondeByDesire
rayray19
sweetdrk1
poeticlyspkng
bholmes87
DaButterflyBAP
CurlyChefRobin
priceless
libs2001
curl_Gurl
mrsmackey
ChrsLvsBks
freckledmom4
CurlsGalore
swoodward
DvaAuNaturel
BigLipTiff
jlowman1
Lynnieluve
Leta
krazy coils
Nikcoils
CrissyQ
cyclingchick
41 posters

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

cyclingchick - More Oyin Love, pics... - Page 3 Empty Re: cyclingchick - More Oyin Love, pics...

Post by poeticlyspkng 20th September 2010, 10:31 am

Hey there cycling chick! Thanks for stopping by my page and commenting on my hair. I have been experimenting with braid outs and that was my first really good outing. Did you have a great birthday (Happy belated by the way)!? Can't wait to see pics. I've been lurking thru your thread for a while. You've had great weight loss and hair transition. When I began last year, I did it the same way but I fell off, and then I fell and broke my wrist. Trying to get back in the game now. Have a fantastic week!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

cyclingchick - More Oyin Love, pics... - Page 3 Empty Re: cyclingchick - More Oyin Love, pics...

Post by sweetdrk1 20th September 2010, 2:33 pm

Hope the birthday was a blast! I will be back to see pics!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by cyclingchick 20th September 2010, 4:05 pm

Hey Ladies!

Birthday weekend was great. I'm enjoying the last of my little mini-vacay today. Definitely not looking forward to returning to work tomorrow. Corporate travel is extremely busy right now and the days seem ridiculously long!

Unfortunately I was not the photographer, so I'm waiting for them to be emailed. I did snap one with the beau...already have the alcohol buzz face and this was fairly early in the evening. LOL

cyclingchick - More Oyin Love, pics... - Page 3 Candk110

Another random shot that I forgot to post...this was a Dallas hair meet-up last month...a few days before I did the BC. Beautiful ladies...seeing their gorgeous hair gave me one last confirmation that I was doing the right thing Very Happy

cyclingchick - More Oyin Love, pics... - Page 3 05510

In hair news...not very much to report. I believe castor oil has really helped fill in my thin areas. My hair is growing pretty fast. I had it cut low during the BC (she used a 3 guard) and after a month, I can actually grab hair all over and the curls are starting to make their appearance. Is it strange that I am apprehensive about color at this point? Almost like I feel the need to baby my hair since I'm newly natural and take a break from all chemicals right now. Ah well...will jump into color when I feel ready. Smile

In product news...I bought the Tresemme Naturals nourishing conditioner to use for cowashing. We'll see if it replaces HEHH. The only other change in my regimen will be moving to cowashes every other day. Two of my favorite TWAs (RayRay19 and DaButterflyBAP) both made the change and I'm going to experiment with it as well.

In fitness news...took a flying leap off the wagon for my birthday. Back to the grind today. I have the ALS 5K in 3 weeks and I'd like to lose 5 lbs by then.

Hope you all have a great week!
C
cyclingchick
cyclingchick

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 20th September 2010, 4:13 pm

You and the beau look great, was it your bday or his? LOL.
I bet your hair is growing fast, I love tresseme, however iI do not use the natural line I use flawless curls and it is sooo moisturizing. Keep enjoying your bday today. TTYL
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by cyclingchick 20th September 2010, 4:45 pm

Hey Cris! We were both celebrating. Mine was the 18th, his is the 19th...two Virgos in a relationship...scary. LOL
cyclingchick
cyclingchick

Back to top Go down

Post by DaButterflyBAP 20th September 2010, 9:57 pm

Oh wow! A day apart? I hope you two had a wonderful weekend! Smile

OK. I need that "Just Add Coconut Oil" shirt. How cute is that? The meet ups always look like so much fun!

Yep. I went to every other day. So far, so good. I had to get out of that mindset that my hair always had to be freshly done. I am going to "try" to wear it until it starts looking crazy. I wonder how long that will be. LOL

I can't give up on my color! I get my hair colored brownish black every three months. If not, then I will have little gray highlights all over. Rolling Eyes
DaButterflyBAP
DaButterflyBAP

http://butterflybap.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cyclingchick 21st September 2010, 12:47 am

The good thing is that we'll never forget the other birthday Smile

Funny story about her shirt...she got it from Hollister (which caters to the white surfer/California crowd)...the message is pertaining to improving your tanning lotion. She said it was perfect for her natural hair journey LOL

I know I'll eventually go the color route. I haven't had a gray yet (which surprises me because the women in our family get silver pretty early), but right now my hair is so dark and I love it. I guess the relaxing/biking/swimming took its toll on my color before...I usually had a weird shade of brown/red in the summertime...I called it Relaxer Red. My new naps are coming in dark and I'm digging it for the fall. Smile

cyclingchick
cyclingchick

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 21st September 2010, 12:57 am

awww thanks for the shout out!!! Very Happy glad to hear you had a great bday weekend too
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 21st September 2010, 10:21 am

Hey CC,
Glad you had a great bday celebration. I'll be back to check pics later since my silly work computer doesn't allow (how dare it! - lol). Anyway, I'll be checkign out the ladies you mention since I'm an official TWA'er again since I rechopped my hair. I understand your apprehension about the color. I'm with DaButterflyBAP on that one. Smile I have A LOT of gray and couldn't deal with the contrast of the dark color and gray. Now with the lighter color it's barely noticeable (now that my hair is growing and the gray is starting to come back - it's def time to recolor in a week or so). I definiteliy pamper my hair though...always deep conditioning/moisturizing.

How do you prep for your 5K?
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by cyclingchick 21st September 2010, 11:30 am

Hey Dva!

I'll definitely be following your journey too. Fresh starts are always nice. Smile As for the 5K, I use the Beginning Runner's Handbook. I still don't consider myself to be a runner, but I'm up to a nice jog pace. One of our local running stores holds an 8-week clinic and I'm planning to take it this winter. I feel I need an actual coach to teach me proper form...because right now I feel like a clumsy ox. LOL

cyclingchick
cyclingchick

Back to top Go down

Post by cyclingchick 21st September 2010, 10:26 pm

Hey Ladies...

Just popping in to say that I love the Tresemme Naturals conditioner! My hair was so soft today and I got the most curl definition I've ever had. Looooove it Smile

cyclingchick - More Oyin Love, pics... - Page 3 Sephai10
cyclingchick
cyclingchick

Back to top Go down

Post by cyclingchick 23rd September 2010, 1:25 pm

Good Morning Lovelies!

I am on cloud 9 this morning...all mushy about the boyfriend. We've only been together for 8 months, but things are going very well. I've also been vibing with his Mom (she invited me to her women's lunch *and* gave me $ for my birthday...in like flynn haha) and y'all know that's always a good thing. LOL

In fitness news, my eating has been on point since my birthday and I feel normal again. Spin class tonight...looking forward to the burn. I consider it a little early damage control before my visit to the Texas State Fair this weekend. I'm sure there will be decadent treats consumed, but I *promise* I'll be avoiding the Deep Fried Frito Pie and Fried Beer...really, people?!?

In hair news, my coworker that gave me a couple of Shocked looks after the BC complimented my hair today. I guess she needed a month to warm up to it. *insert eye roll here*

Hope you all have a great day!

cyclingchick
cyclingchick

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 23rd September 2010, 1:29 pm

yeaa for you and the beau, and yes lunch with mom is good. Compliments are good too, and thank goodness we dont live for other. No telling where we would be. I love tresseme too, but I use the flawless curls conditioner, looooove it!
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 23rd September 2010, 3:49 pm

Oooooh look at those curlies! I've tried the Tresemme Naturals but not the Flawless Curls. I've heard good things though, so maybe I'll give it a shot.

Yayyy for getting in with the Mom! That's always a great feeling. Just makes things a tab bit easier and more comfortable.

I loooove going to fairs. Best fun and food under the sun! LoL
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by cyclingchick 23rd September 2010, 7:00 pm

CrissyQ wrote:yeaa for you and the beau, and yes lunch with mom is good. Compliments are good too, and thank goodness we dont live for other. No telling where we would be. I love tresseme too, but I use the flawless curls conditioner, looooove it!

I am going to try the flawless curls line too...you've had great results!

jlowman1 wrote:Oooooh look at those curlies! I've tried the Tresemme Naturals but not the Flawless Curls. I've heard good things though, so maybe I'll give it a shot.

Yayyy for getting in with the Mom! That's always a great feeling. Just makes things a tab bit easier and more comfortable.

I loooove going to fairs. Best fun and food under the sun! LoL

I am excited about the curlies! I still can't believe that I am now embracing the same texture that used to send me running to the salon for some creamy crack. So much as changed in a few months. Smile

I agree with you about the Fair...and it's big stuff here in Texas. I just plan for the day of excess and potential stomach ache. LOL
cyclingchick
cyclingchick

Back to top Go down

Post by cyclingchick 27th September 2010, 8:27 pm

Hey Lovelies!

Hope everyone had a great weekend. I went to the State Fair with my family on Sunday and had a fun time. The weather was perfect...overcast and cool...like a true Fall day (we don't get many of them in Texas!)

As expected, I allowed myself to have a couple of treats while there...fried margarita (big disappointed...the description stated it would be more like lime flavored funnel cake...the actual was a mini-margarita with cake floating in it...and they were heavy on the tequila...not good for 10:30 am No )

cyclingchick - More Oyin Love, pics... - Page 3 60019_10150274062490582_836725581_14809457_2514467_n

My other treat was the fried frito pie and it was soooooo good. Deep fried to perfection with a side of sour cream...totally worth the heartburn and the penalty I'll have to pay in spin class this week.

cyclingchick - More Oyin Love, pics... - Page 3 61730_10150274191870582_836725581_14813247_2438359_n

My baby brother came up from Abilene to visit and attend the fair...sorry, so grainy and dark...

cyclingchick - More Oyin Love, pics... - Page 3 60184_10150274347510582_836725581_14817336_5910571_n

In fitness news, I am back to the grind today and detoxing from my fair treats. I hope to get to the gym at least 4x this week.

In hair news, I bought some CD Mimosa Hair Honey. I know some curlies say it's too oily for them, but my hair loves the stuff...curls are very soft. I'm also digging the citrus smell. A friend gave me a Sephora gift card for my birthday, so I purchased it and some of my beloved Philosophy body wash in Pumpkin Pie scent. Yeah...a big girl probably shouldn't smell like desserts, but I don't care! Razz

Have a great week!

Last edited by cyclingchick on 27th September 2010, 8:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
cyclingchick
cyclingchick

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 27th September 2010, 8:33 pm

i WANT TO TRY PHILOSOPHY SOOO BAD. I AM A QVC WATCHER AND THEY HAVE IT ALL THE TIME. IS IT AS GOO AS THEY SAY IT IS? THE DRINK AND THE FOOD LOOKS GOOD, AND YOU ARE STILL LOOKIN GOOD WITH THAT TWA.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by cyclingchick 27th September 2010, 8:39 pm

Thanks Cris! Yes, the Philosophy 3-in-1 is fabulous! I don't use it for my hair, of course...just body. The scents are very strong and it's a thick, creamy texture. I can still smell it on my skin hours later. I usually do Pumpkin pie in the fall and Margarita for the summer time. You should give it a try...at $16 for 16oz, I use it as a treat in between washes with the cheapie stuff. Smile

Thank you for the compliment! I am loving my hair...it's starting to get a little bigger/thicker and I'm digging it. cheers
cyclingchick
cyclingchick

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 27th September 2010, 8:42 pm

OK OK, I WILL GET SOME. LOL YOU DONT HAVE TO PULL MY LEG! Razz
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by cyclingchick 27th September 2010, 8:45 pm

LOL! Yeah...like any of us need persuasion buying beauty products. I only have a PJ-ism on days that end in 'y' haha
cyclingchick
cyclingchick

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 27th September 2010, 10:18 pm

Is that all the "damage" you did at the State Fair? Our State Fair will be hear on the 6th of next month I am gonna do some DAMAGE!!! I think I need to start my two-a-days now!! lol!

Your hair looks great!!! I kinda miss my hair being that length.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by cyclingchick 27th September 2010, 11:02 pm

LOL Lynnie! Yeah...that was it. I should have fasted a few days beforehand to prepare! Honestly, the heartburn from the frito pie was enough to make me surrender.

Thanks for the compliment...I'm loving it...makes me wonder if I truly want to grow it out. I'm going to let it do it's thing and make a decision at the one year mark about length. Smile
cyclingchick
cyclingchick

Back to top Go down

Post by DaButterflyBAP 28th September 2010, 8:59 pm

I am totally laughing at you. PJ! I am going to get a sample of the Hair Mimosa. You know that I am very grease-based. Wink
DaButterflyBAP
DaButterflyBAP

Back to top Go down

Post by cyclingchick 29th September 2010, 2:24 pm

LOL I am greased-based as well...the fact that I'm now armed with product/ingredient knowledge just makes me want to find "natural" grease. haha

I think you'll like it. My hair is still loving it. I expected it to revolt and turn into an oil slick, but everything is still good. I have a patch of 4ZZZZZZ in the top of my head and it's soft now. Laughing
cyclingchick
cyclingchick

Back to top Go down

Post by DaButterflyBAP 29th September 2010, 6:35 pm

lol @ natural grease. I totally overdose on olive and coconut oils. I figure that those are natural greases.

I read about girls using a vegetable or canola oil on their hair. It made me happy, but yet in the back of my mind...that just ain't right!

Are you still doing a daily co-wash? How is that going?

My PJ partna-in-crime, my mother, just called me to tell me that she picked up some Alberto V05 moisture milk. Oh yeah. I also like cheap products. Suspect
DaButterflyBAP
DaButterflyBAP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next