CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

cyclingchick - More Oyin Love, pics...

+37
naturallynola
funkyhairchic
DivaDreamgirl
Intelligentbeauty
JessiWantsCurls
TheRYL1
QueenSheba
teenatty
natchralme
SheeTacular
LaToya28
Neems
KinkyNappyHappy
BlondeByDesire
rayray19
sweetdrk1
poeticlyspkng
bholmes87
DaButterflyBAP
CurlyChefRobin
priceless
libs2001
curl_Gurl
mrsmackey
ChrsLvsBks
freckledmom4
CurlsGalore
swoodward
DvaAuNaturel
BigLipTiff
jlowman1
Lynnieluve
Leta
krazy coils
Nikcoils
CrissyQ
cyclingchick
41 posters

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

cyclingchick - More Oyin Love, pics... - Page 8 Empty Re: cyclingchick - More Oyin Love, pics...

Post by cyclingchick 27th January 2011, 2:05 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Hey CC...

You are doing a great job with your fitness routine. I am going to snap back into my routine soon!!

Love that pictures of you, your mom and your beau!! Mom is looking jazzy in that picture!!! Love it!!

CoCo is really doing great!! Congratulations on your 5 month mark, and yes ma'am Oil rinses are something out of this world!!! LOL

Hey KNH! You will get back to it...I think we'll all be more motivated once spring rolls in! Thanks...that's actually Ken's mom...she is definitely a spitfire...I think that's why we get along. Smile

And yes...oil rinses...why did I wait so long to try it?!?
cyclingchick
cyclingchick

Back to top Go down

cyclingchick - More Oyin Love, pics... - Page 8 Empty Re: cyclingchick - More Oyin Love, pics...

Post by cyclingchick 30th January 2011, 2:13 pm

Hey Lovelies!

I hope you're having a great weekend. I attended a birthday party last night and had a fabulous time. A friend complimented my hair and asked me how it felt to go natural. I simply told her that after 33 years, I finally feel like ME. This is soooo much more than hair, but you all already knew that. Cool

I've noticed that my attitude has changed when I go out. I've always been the conservative one of my group...hair, dress, makeup, etc. Not that I've *totally* stepped out of my comfort zone, but I've noticed that I'm experimenting more with color these days. I feel like my hair gives me a little "edge" to my appearance. I also walk a little taller...apparently being 6'0" isn't tall enough. LOL Just wait until my hair gets bigger. A few pics from last night...

cyclingchick - More Oyin Love, pics... - Page 8 210
cyclingchick - More Oyin Love, pics... - Page 8 1410

I also did another 5-month comparison picture on a white background (my hair is Nat X black...bonus points of you know that reference haha) and I *finally* see the difference.

cyclingchick - More Oyin Love, pics... - Page 8 5month11

Anyway, I'm still a work in progress, but I'm loving the "new" me. I look forward to losing more fluff, pampering my beloved Coco Fro...and one day I'll be brave enough to play in the make-up thread with the other lovelies. Laughing

Today I'm attending a birthday party for my sweet 2-year old twin nephews...good stuff. Have a great day!
cyclingchick
cyclingchick

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 30th January 2011, 5:18 pm

ABSOLUTELY! FAB! I love the new AVI! work it!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by JessiWantsCurls 30th January 2011, 8:24 pm

You're gorgeous and glowing! You almost make me want to cut off the rest of my relaxed hair and just go for it.
JessiWantsCurls
JessiWantsCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 30th January 2011, 8:24 pm

You and your hair looks great!
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 30th January 2011, 9:03 pm

Lovin' the new avi. You and your hair look fabulous!
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by cyclingchick 30th January 2011, 11:37 pm

Thank you, ladies! I am loving my hair so much...why, oh why did I wait so long to go natural?!?

Jessi, go for it when you're ready. When the ladies here say you'll know when it's time, it's very true. Your BC may be planned at the salon or you could wake up at 2am and head for the scissors...either way, it is definitely a moving experience...at least it was for me. Smile
cyclingchick
cyclingchick

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 31st January 2011, 1:26 am

Go Cycling Chick! I totally feel you on having an extra edge, confidence, etc. The statement you make with no words is far more powerful than any you make with actual words. Thumbs up!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by cyclingchick 31st January 2011, 1:41 am

Isn't it a great feeling? I know it's a noticeable change when my non-observant coworkers start making comments. Laughing
cyclingchick
cyclingchick

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 31st January 2011, 1:56 am

I love your avi!! so fun and pretty Very Happy
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 31st January 2011, 2:01 am

you are glowing in you pics!!! Great Growth!!
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by cyclingchick 31st January 2011, 2:27 am

Thank you, ladies! Very Happy
cyclingchick
cyclingchick

Back to top Go down

Post by cyclingchick 1st February 2011, 11:09 am

Good Morning Lovelies!

Winter craziness has officially reached Dallas (just in time for the Super Bowl *rolling eyes*). Current temp is 21 degrees (keep in mind it was in the 70s a few days ago) and weather dude is talking about "thundersleet"...what is that?!? I haven't decided if I'm going to head into the office today. If I do, I'm not going to hit the road for another couple of hours. It's a mess here...and Texans don't do ice well. LOL

Have a great day and stay warm!
cyclingchick
cyclingchick

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 1st February 2011, 11:36 am

Thundersleet? Well, we are are getting a dose of whatever you all are getting too. We woke up to an ice rink. More fun is promised for tomorrow. Yay. NOT. LOL
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 1st February 2011, 11:41 am

Shocked Thundersleet? Da hell? This winter as been horrible! Be careful!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by cyclingchick 1st February 2011, 5:59 pm

poeticlyspkng wrote:Thundersleet? Well, we are are getting a dose of whatever you all are getting too. We woke up to an ice rink. More fun is promised for tomorrow. Yay. NOT. LOL

Yeah...I think the news folks are making up terms just to scare us. What's next? Snowicane? Sleetnado? LOL

sweetdrk1 wrote: Shocked Thundersleet? Da hell? This winter as been horrible! Be careful!

I agree! Can we please make it to Spring? I am giving the groundhog serious side eye tomorrow...
cyclingchick
cyclingchick

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsmackey 2nd February 2011, 11:31 pm

HEYYYYYYYYYYY CYCLINGCHICK! GREAT GROWTH!!!
mrsmackey
mrsmackey

Back to top Go down

Post by DivaDreamgirl 3rd February 2011, 12:01 am

The funny thing is that they cancelled schools for the third day!! Really? Is it that serious? I live about 30 miles north of Dallas and our streets are clear now! They might as well cancel Friday too since it's supposed to snow Friday morning!
DivaDreamgirl
DivaDreamgirl

Back to top Go down

Post by cyclingchick 3rd February 2011, 12:48 am

mrsmackey wrote:
HEYYYYYYYYYYY CYCLINGCHICK! GREAT GROWTH!!!

Thank you...yours too! I can't wait until mine gets to your length. Smile

DivaDreamgirl wrote:The funny thing is that they cancelled schools for the third day!! Really? Is it that serious? I live about 30 miles north of Dallas and our streets are clear now! They might as well cancel Friday too since it's supposed to snow Friday morning!

I don't ever remember a time when Dallas had 3 snow days in a row! This weather is crazy. I have to take 635 to work and it was an ice rink on Tuesday morning. Cars in ditches...and an 18-wheeler facing the wrong direction Shocked Folks are mad now because we had rolling blackouts throughout the day, but the electricity at Cowboys Stadium and the convention center (where the NFL Experience is being held) stayed intact. Further proof that football is king here. LOL
cyclingchick
cyclingchick

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 4th February 2011, 1:09 pm

Hey CC...

How is the weather today? We did get any snow just ice...I'm home and I'm enjoying it!! My job didn't cancel work, but the route I take iced over!

I hate that this had turned into the Super Bowl from the North Pole for you guys. There were so many people I know that had plans to come to Dallas for the events. Well maybe things will warm if tomorrow.

So how are you wearing you hair in this weather?
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by funkyhairchic 4th February 2011, 3:52 pm

Hey CC! You're hair is growing beautifully! Looking great!

I'm sooooo over Dallas is this wack weather! I wouldn't be surprised if they never host another Superbowl or All Star event here again! I wouldn't! I may not get out until Sunday if this doesn't let up and melt. It's still snowing on the north side! Tired of this cabin fever! Ugh!!! This sucks so much!!!
funkyhairchic
funkyhairchic

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 4th February 2011, 3:56 pm

C-chick- Lookin great!

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by TXCHOCLTE 4th February 2011, 4:03 pm

Hey Cyclingchick..I've lived here 6 yrs now & although ice storms are nothing new to us this time of yr, this week has been more than a sista can take...even my dog has cabin fever...i am craving one of those sirloin burgers so bad, I may just have to walk to Jack-in-the-Box, lol...btw, your progress looks great...
TXCHOCLTE
TXCHOCLTE

Back to top Go down

Post by cyclingchick 5th February 2011, 1:08 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Hey CC...

How is the weather today? We did get any snow just ice...I'm home and I'm enjoying it!! My job didn't cancel work, but the route I take iced over!

I hate that this had turned into the Super Bowl from the North Pole for you guys. There were so many people I know that had plans to come to Dallas for the events. Well maybe things will warm if tomorrow.

So how are you wearing you hair in this weather?

Hey KNH! We're expecting a high in the 40s, so I'm hoping most of the ice will melt. The issue is that more snow is coming! Shocked I've never experienced a winter like this in Texas. I was born a Yankee (IL), but I've been in Texas so long that my tolerance for this mess is GONE. I tell you what...I will never complain about our 100+ degrees days anymore...just think of the Snowpocalypse week. LOL

As for Coco, I'm been able to go 3-4 days in between cowashes using my spray bottle mix and beloved AOHC to refresh. I'm digging not leaving the house with a wet head everyday! I've also started experimenting with twisting (my current avatar is a twist out...or rather a un-twist/fluff/lift at the roots haha)

I hope the weather stays calm in H-Town! Be careful when you venture out...

Funkyhairchic wrote:Hey CC! You're hair is growing beautifully! Looking great!

I'm sooooo over Dallas is this wack weather! I wouldn't be surprised if they never host another Superbowl or All Star event here again! I wouldn't! I may not get out until Sunday if this doesn't let up and melt. It's still snowing on the north side! Tired of this cabin fever! Ugh!!! This sucks so much!!!

LOL I agree...Dallas can forget another big event. We've had a lot in the last year, though. All-Star, World Series and now the Super Bowl...just greedy! I've got friends that live in Desoto and Cedar Hill and the ice in their area is ridiculous. I spent most of the week at the beau's place in Carrollton so I could be closer to my office in Coppell. I also had to make the trek to Arlington to check on Mom. I'm not a nervous driver, but I was actually SCARED to get on the road this week. Enough is enough...I am welcoming March with open arms! A friend is having a Super Bowl party and I'm debating on going. I want to get out of the house, but she lives off of 75. No

If you hit the streets today, be careful, chica...

naturallynola wrote:C-chick- Lookin great!

Thank you! Smile

TXCHOCLTE wrote:Hey Cyclingchick..I've lived here 6 yrs now & although ice storms are nothing new to us this time of yr, this week has been more than a sista can take...even my dog has cabin fever...i am craving one of those sirloin burgers so bad, I may just have to walk to Jack-in-the-Box, lol...btw, your progress looks great...

LOL @ walking to JnB! Hey, when the craving calls. Smile Poor puppy...he just wants to get out and play in the yard! I don't remember a winter this bad...and that includes the year in elementary school when we had a snow day the week after SPRING BREAK. My friend swears all if this was brought on by the "Jerry Jones Curse" haha
cyclingchick
cyclingchick

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 5th February 2011, 1:19 pm

Love the new avi!!! Very Pretty!!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next