CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

cyclingchick - More Oyin Love, pics...

+37
naturallynola
funkyhairchic
DivaDreamgirl
Intelligentbeauty
JessiWantsCurls
TheRYL1
QueenSheba
teenatty
natchralme
SheeTacular
LaToya28
Neems
KinkyNappyHappy
BlondeByDesire
rayray19
sweetdrk1
poeticlyspkng
bholmes87
DaButterflyBAP
CurlyChefRobin
priceless
libs2001
curl_Gurl
mrsmackey
ChrsLvsBks
freckledmom4
CurlsGalore
swoodward
DvaAuNaturel
BigLipTiff
jlowman1
Lynnieluve
Leta
krazy coils
Nikcoils
CrissyQ
cyclingchick
41 posters

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

cyclingchick - More Oyin Love, pics... - Page 7 Empty Re: cyclingchick - More Oyin Love, pics...

Post by DvaAuNaturel 21st December 2010, 2:23 pm

Hey CyclingChick,
Your hair is looking really great. It's growing well. The comparison pics you posted tell the story truly.

Congrats on being back on track and your weight loss progress. Keep up the great work. I'm hoping you reach all of your goals. You're an inspiration!
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

cyclingchick - More Oyin Love, pics... - Page 7 Empty Re: cyclingchick - More Oyin Love, pics...

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 27th December 2010, 11:43 am

Hey lady!!

How are you? How was your Christmas? I just wanted to stop by and say hi!!! Just in case I don't make it over here by the end of the week; I want to wish you a safe and blessed New Year!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by cyclingchick 27th December 2010, 7:15 pm

Thank you, Ladies! I appreciate the kind words Smile

@Dva...the pictures keep me going because I honestly can't see much growth just looking at my head. LOL

@KNH...hey lady...Christmas was fabulous. I'm heading over to your blog to see what's up with you. I had a mini-hiatus from CN (things were crazy busy), so I need to get caught up!
cyclingchick
cyclingchick

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 27th December 2010, 7:20 pm

Glad to read Christmas was good!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by cyclingchick 28th December 2010, 1:58 pm

Hey Lovelies!

I just had to share hair pics of my favorite little curlies...my godchildren Camryn and Cathryn. Big fabulous hair! Smile

cyclingchick - More Oyin Love, pics... - Page 7 163880_10150359198655582_836725581_16322906_1483836_n

cyclingchick - More Oyin Love, pics... - Page 7 63663_10150359198685582_836725581_16322907_389443_n

cyclingchick - More Oyin Love, pics... - Page 7 164880_10150359198820582_836725581_16322910_6833338_n

cyclingchick - More Oyin Love, pics... - Page 7 35609_10150359198850582_836725581_16322911_5483763_n
cyclingchick
cyclingchick

Back to top Go down

Post by cyclingchick 10th January 2011, 11:44 pm

Hey Ladies!

I hope you're all have a great new year so far. I've been MIA due to moving on NYE (not recommended! LOL). I hired movers, so it wasn't as painful as it sounds and I still made it out for my friend's NYE party. I'll be back later with a proper update...hope all is well, lovelies!

As you can see, Coco is still on the grow. Next week makes 5 months natural...Hooray!

cyclingchick - More Oyin Love, pics... - Page 7 166420_10150365919040582_836725581_16487438_2821975_n

Also sneaking in one of the beau... I love you We celebrate our 1st anniversary this weekend...sickening, I know. I used to roll my eyes at "girls like that" and I've become one. *gag*

cyclingchick - More Oyin Love, pics... - Page 7 168638_10150365901855582_836725581_16486983_6565257_n
cyclingchick
cyclingchick

Back to top Go down

Post by teenatty 11th January 2011, 12:54 pm

CONGRATS!!! CONGRATS! oN YOUR HAIR AND YOUR WEIGHT LOST!! YOU GO GIRL!! uR HAIR LOOKS GREAT!!!
teenatty
teenatty

Back to top Go down

Post by cyclingchick 11th January 2011, 2:37 pm

Thank you, sis! Smile
cyclingchick
cyclingchick

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 15th January 2011, 12:11 pm

Hey Cycling Chick,
Hair is looking good. Hope you're all settled in after your move on NYE - moving can be a challenge sometimes. Congrats on the 1 year anniversary with your beau. Enjoy your weekend!
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 15th January 2011, 12:15 pm

Love the new avi!!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 16th January 2011, 3:55 pm

Hey Cycling chick! Stopped by to get an update on your hair and fitness quest. I'm still at my quest but stepped it up for the last few weeks. Hoping to see great results by the end of January. Hard to believe it is approaching already! Anyway, your godchildren... They are beautiful, too cute for words and their hair- WOW! I had a little hair envy. LOL!

Well, hope all is well! Happy Sunday!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by cyclingchick 16th January 2011, 10:33 pm

DvaAuNaturel wrote:Hey Cycling Chick,
Hair is looking good. Hope you're all settled in after your move on NYE - moving can be a challenge sometimes. Congrats on the 1 year anniversary with your beau. Enjoy your weekend!

Thank you! Yes, it's definitely been a challenge to get settled, but things have finally calmed down. As for the hair, I am loving it more and more each day. Smile

sweetdrk1 wrote:Love the new avi!!!

Thanks, Sweet!

poeticlyspkng wrote:Hey Cycling chick! Stopped by to get an update on your hair and fitness quest. I'm still at my quest but stepped it up for the last few weeks. Hoping to see great results by the end of January. Hard to believe it is approaching already! Anyway, your godchildren... They are beautiful, too cute for words and their hair- WOW! I had a little hair envy. LOL!

Good Luck with your January challenge...hard work will definitely be rewarded. Smile Hair envy...yes, indeed! Cam is 5 and Cath is 3...can you imagine what it will be like in a few years?!? Their Mom is determined to keep them from relaxers and let them make their own decision as young adults. I admire her for that because "hair time" at their house is an EVENT. LOL
cyclingchick
cyclingchick

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 17th January 2011, 5:48 pm

Hey Pretty Lady!!!

Happy New Year!!! Your goddaughters are just adorable!!! Congratulations on your 1 year anniversary!!! cheers

I was looking at my pictures from the meet up, and I've got to get back on track for real. I was like WOW I'm really big and heading in the wrong direction. So I plan to start with my eating habits. So you hand in there...

Oh I almost forgot Congratulations on making 5 months!! YAY!!! woot!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyChefRobin 17th January 2011, 9:18 pm

The godchildren are adorable!!! Your hair is really growing and is so cute!!! Congrats to you and the beau!!!
CurlyChefRobin
CurlyChefRobin

http://www.cookingwithcareonline.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cyclingchick 25th January 2011, 11:34 pm

Hey Lovelies!

I promised I'd be back with a proper update. Smile

Operation Fluff Removal
I'm still feeling strong and focused. I've lost 27 lbs since "recommitting" to my plan at the end of September. I'm still working on building my fitness event calendar for the new year, but here's what I have so far...

3/12 - Dash Down Greenville 5K. St Patty's Day is a big deal in Dallas and this event is definitely fun. I'm running with some of my divas from spin class (the group of natural women that helped me finally take the plunge). Very excited...will definitely post pictures.

4/2 - Tour Dallas (cycling event). I've never done this course, so I'm pretty excited about it. My friends and I will be doing the 30 mile route (not as miserable as it sounds LOL). I've been racking up miles in spin class, but I'm anxious for the weather to improve so I can start my outdoor rides.

6/5 - Danskin Triathlon (Austin) - this will be my 4th sprint distance triathlon....1/2 mile swim, 12 mile bike, 5k run. The swim is decent and the 5K course is flat...the bike? Lawd, the hills are RIDICULOUS...there's a reason that Austin is nicknamed Hill Country. I did this event in 2009 and had to play some serious mind games to get through it. Needless to say, my motivation to continue on this weight loss journey is simply to have less junk to haul up the hills. Laughing

On a side note, if anyone is interested in doing a triathlon, Danskin and Trek series are VERY beginner friendly. Doing a triathlon (even a sprint i.e. "baby tri") is an amazing experience. I learned a tremendous amount about myself after the first event. It's a women's only event, so you can imagine all of the girl power vibes involved. Good stuff. Links if you're interested...

http://www.danskintriathlon.net/

http://www.trekwomenstriathlonseries.com/

Sooooo...that's it for fitness. I start swim training next week and I look forward to a low maintenance hair routine...woohoo! Let me tell you, it was hard trying to get my swim on regularly and maintain a relaxed 'do. LOL

In hair news...

I simply love my hair. Coco is starting to get thick and I'm excited! I've been cowashing every other day with Tresemme naturals, AOHC as a leave-in and sealing with coconut oil. I shampoo when needed with Giovanni SAS and a monthly ACV rinse has made the itchies disappear.

I reached the 5 month mark last week (hooray)...a few pics:

Lunch with the beau and his mom...
cyclingchick - More Oyin Love, pics... - Page 7 Group10

5 month comparison (why did I only take one picture of my BC? *facepalm*)
cyclingchick - More Oyin Love, pics... - Page 7 5month11

And for "fun", my own little personal battle with shrinkage...more to come, I'm sure. LOL
cyclingchick - More Oyin Love, pics... - Page 7 Img00011

That's it for now! I hope everyone is having a great week. I need to make my CS rounds. Smile

Last edited by cyclingchick on 27th January 2011, 2:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
cyclingchick
cyclingchick

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 26th January 2011, 12:03 am

I'm running my first official 5k race in March for St Paddy's day. I may try to get on in before that if the weather cooperates.

Congratulations on your fluff removal Laughing How much more fluff do you plan to remove?
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by cyclingchick 26th January 2011, 3:19 am

Thanks, Lynnie! Good Luck with your race. Smile As for fluff, I'd like to drop another 65-70 lbs. I'm 6'0" and that will put me in a comfortable range.
cyclingchick
cyclingchick

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 26th January 2011, 11:22 am

Hey Cycling! Miss Coco is coming along quite nicely. How liberated you will feel once swimming starts! I used to have that same type of shrinkage. I'm with you on the fitness goals. I'm teaching myself to run so I hope to join a half marathon by the fall. I've never quite committed to anything that big so far but you are motivating me. Thanks!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by cyclingchick 26th January 2011, 2:58 pm

Thank you, Lynne! The swimming/hair thing used to be a major hassle...especially with a short relaxed 'do that HAD to be done. I wasn't able to push it behind my ears or pull it into a ponytail. Now my only concern is taking care of the chlorine element when I'm done and I'm good to go. Smile

Wow...a half marathon! Have you already picked an event? A friend of mine did the White Rock half last month and it was truly inspiring to see everyone finish. One day I hope to have that kind of love for running. Right now, just committing to run an entire 5K is enough on my plate. LOL I just don't like to do it...but I know my overall time in triathlons will improve dramatically if I'd stop "wogging" the run portion.

I hope you plan to blog about your training...I'll definitely be visiting for a dose of motivation. Smile
cyclingchick
cyclingchick

Back to top Go down

Post by cyclingchick 27th January 2011, 1:34 am

Wow...did my first oil rinse today (castor) and I'm sold! Coco thoroughly enjoyed my weekly hair spa day. Smile
cyclingchick
cyclingchick

Back to top Go down

Post by QueenSheba 27th January 2011, 1:52 am

Fire Cream? LOL I laughed so hard when I read your signature.
QueenSheba
QueenSheba

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 27th January 2011, 3:41 am

Hey Cycliing Chick!

I had to come on through...you keep me cracking up around this camp! LOL

I've done a marathon once...a great experience (I'm a walker). I've since said I'd only do half-marathons (a lil less wear on these knees). I'm finally getting back to walking regularly. Reading what you're doing is truly inspirational...YAY!

TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by JessiWantsCurls 27th January 2011, 8:49 am

I just started reading your journal for the first time yesterday ... I love it! It's really inspiring, especially in the two areas I need inspiration the most ... hair and weight loss.

Congratulations on all your accomplishments thus far ... hair, the weight loss (WOW!), even the boo ... lol.

You make me want to get back on my bike. I've already been having the itch, but now I'm really getting antsy. I did the BP MS150 in 2008 and 2009, and I literally haven't been back on my bike since the second one. I think my bike number from the ride is still on there ... lol. Horrible ... I know.

Good luck on the rest of your journey!
JessiWantsCurls
JessiWantsCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 27th January 2011, 9:35 am

Hey CC...

You are doing a great job with your fitness routine. I am going to snap back into my routine soon!!

Love that pictures of you, your mom and your beau!! Mom is looking jazzy in that picture!!! Love it!!

CoCo is really doing great!! Congratulations on your 5 month mark, and yes ma'am Oil rinses are something out of this world!!! LOL
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by cyclingchick 27th January 2011, 2:00 pm

QueenSheba wrote:Fire Cream? LOL I laughed so hard when I read your signature.

LOL isn't that what it felt like? Creamy fire on our heads! Whew...no more! haha

TheRYL1 wrote:Hey Cycliing Chick!

I had to come on through...you keep me cracking up around this camp! LOL

I've done a marathon once...a great experience (I'm a walker). I've since said I'd only do half-marathons (a lil less wear on these knees). I'm finally getting back to walking regularly. Reading what you're doing is truly inspirational...YAY!

Wow...I am truly in awe of marathoners...that takes some serious dedication!

JessiWantsCurls wrote:I just started reading your journal for the first time yesterday ... I love it! It's really inspiring, especially in the two areas I need inspiration the most ... hair and weight loss.

Congratulations on all your accomplishments thus far ... hair, the weight loss (WOW!), even the boo ... lol.

You make me want to get back on my bike. I've already been having the itch, but now I'm really getting antsy. I did the BP MS150 in 2008 and 2009, and I literally haven't been back on my bike since the second one. I think my bike number from the ride is still on there ... lol. Horrible ... I know.

Good luck on the rest of your journey!

Thank you, Jessi! Very cool about the MS150! I have that event on my bucket list...we'll see if I can work it out. The longest ride I've done is 50 miles, so I definitely have some work to do. LOL @ your race number still on the bike...it's time to return to the machine, girl! Laughing
cyclingchick
cyclingchick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next