CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

cyclingchick - More Oyin Love, pics...

+37
naturallynola
funkyhairchic
DivaDreamgirl
Intelligentbeauty
JessiWantsCurls
TheRYL1
QueenSheba
teenatty
natchralme
SheeTacular
LaToya28
Neems
KinkyNappyHappy
BlondeByDesire
rayray19
sweetdrk1
poeticlyspkng
bholmes87
DaButterflyBAP
CurlyChefRobin
priceless
libs2001
curl_Gurl
mrsmackey
ChrsLvsBks
freckledmom4
CurlsGalore
swoodward
DvaAuNaturel
BigLipTiff
jlowman1
Lynnieluve
Leta
krazy coils
Nikcoils
CrissyQ
cyclingchick
41 posters

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Go down

cyclingchick - More Oyin Love, pics... - Page 10 Empty Re: cyclingchick - More Oyin Love, pics...

Post by BlondeByDesire 14th March 2011, 7:39 am

Hey there,

I'm playing catch here ... wow you have had great process with growth, keep up the good work. Your hair looks great.

Also great pictures for meet-up - everyone looks beatiful.

Congrats on the weight loss. WW is great - I was did it a couple years ago to the "T" and lost 30lbs. I've beein maintaining since 2009. It's a great program - you just have to follow it and stick to it.

I was thinking about joining again - but all I need is the new points plus calculator because I know the basics of the program. I have all the old points stuff. I gained Mad 6lbs, I need to loose fast. I was getting too comfortable with fast food and stopped my good eating habits. Since it's warmng up though, I can resume my walking and try to get some treadmill work out in.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

cyclingchick - More Oyin Love, pics... - Page 10 Empty Re: cyclingchick - More Oyin Love, pics...

Post by cyclingchick 14th March 2011, 12:17 pm

CrissyQ wrote:Your hair looks great, it looks really black. Is it your natural color?

Thank you, Cris! Yes ma'am..that's my natural color. I'm a shocked that it's so dark. I used to use a black rinse when I was relaxed because it was always a dark brown color from the chemicals/sun exposure.

BlondeByDesire wrote:Hey there,

I'm playing catch here ... wow you have had great process with growth, keep up the good work. Your hair looks great.

Also great pictures for meet-up - everyone looks beatiful.

Congrats on the weight loss. WW is great - I was did it a couple years ago to the "T" and lost 30lbs. I've beein maintaining since 2009. It's a great program - you just have to follow it and stick to it.

I was thinking about joining again - but all I need is the new points plus calculator because I know the basics of the program. I have all the old points stuff. I gained Mad 6lbs, I need to loose fast. I was getting too comfortable with fast food and stopped my good eating habits. Since it's warmng up though, I can resume my walking and try to get some treadmill work out in.

Thank you...and congrats on your weight loss too! You're right...it's a great program, just have to work it. I am enjoying the new program so far.
cyclingchick
cyclingchick

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 14th March 2011, 1:25 pm

So what was your time? I finally get to see how tall you are! Haha!! You don't look that tall in your avatar.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by cyclingchick 15th March 2011, 12:17 am

Hey Lynnie!

I didn't do the official timed 5K, but my HRM's time was 39 and some change. Snail pace for most (the winner finished in under 16, I believe Shocked , but awesome for me. LOL

As for my height, most of it is from the waist down...that's why I don't look like Gulliver in my avatar. Laughing

Have you had your race yet? I don't remember if you were doing one this month or April.

cyclingchick
cyclingchick

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 15th March 2011, 2:06 pm

Hey CC

Congratulations on the Dash!! Girl if I got on a bike I would fall right out!!! LOL

Your hair is really growing!! Looking good girl! Also, congratulations on your weight loss!!

Love the pictures from the meet-up. Everyone looks AWESOME!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by cyclingchick 15th March 2011, 2:41 pm

Thank you, lady! The Dash was just a 5K...no bike involved. But let me tell you, when I picked up cycling as an adult, it was UGLY in the beginning. Something that was so natural to me as a kid was definitely different as an adult. LOL
cyclingchick
cyclingchick

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 15th March 2011, 4:01 pm

cyclingchick wrote:Thank you, lady! The Dash was just a 5K...no bike involved. But let me tell you, when I picked up cycling as an adult, it was UGLY in the beginning. Something that was so natural to me as a kid was definitely different as an adult. LOL

Thanks for the heads up...I was thinking about getting a bike after I spoke with my aunt yesterday. She rides her's after work everyday!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by cyclingchick 20th March 2011, 7:46 pm

Hey Lovelies!

I had an epiphany at the hair salon (of all places LOL). I was in the building to see my brows lady and decided to drop in and see my stylist. She took care of my relaxed 'do for years and did my big chop. She was a major cheerleader when I decided to transition (which was surprising since she was going to be losing a nice chunk of income from me...a relaxed pixie is $$$$ for stylists haha)

Anyway, I walk in and she tells me she loves my hair and mentions that I was never this creative/dedicated with a perm. She was totally right. I'd decide to grow my hair out...get to a chin length bob and demand to have it cut down to a pixie. I wanted hair that I could wrap at night...wake up, run a claw comb through it and get gone! My response to her? Well, I feel at home with my natural hair and I actually enjoy playing in it. WHAT?!? Did I just say that? Ms. Feel 1/4 inch of new growth and run in for a dose of fire cream? My, my...how things have changed. That same texture now receives VIP treatment and gets encouraged to grow more just like it. LOL I've truly turned a corner. Hooray for embracing natural beauty! cheers

In other news, I finally decided to try Oyin Hair Dew and I really like it! My hair feels so soft and it gave a little shine to a vintage twist-out. Oh...and the smell is a lighter version of the BSP. Big girls probably shouldn't smell like dessert, but I love it. I've only used it as a refresher, but tomorrow I plan to try it as a leave-in after cowashing with Honey Hemp. We shall see.

Here are a few pics from the weekend...

With my goddaughter Camryn...
cyclingchick - More Oyin Love, pics... - Page 10 Courtc10

Cheesing with my baby brother at his birthday lunch today...
cyclingchick - More Oyin Love, pics... - Page 10 12210

Coco is on the grooooooooooow!
cyclingchick - More Oyin Love, pics... - Page 10 12610

Hope you all have a great week!
C

Last edited by cyclingchick on 22nd March 2011, 10:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
cyclingchick
cyclingchick

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyChefRobin 20th March 2011, 8:13 pm

Your hair is growing like a weed!!! Beautiful lady!
CurlyChefRobin
CurlyChefRobin

http://www.cookingwithcareonline.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 20th March 2011, 8:18 pm

I plan on visiting Oyin this upcoming weekend! I can't wait!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by cyclingchick 20th March 2011, 8:23 pm

CurlyChefRobin wrote:Your hair is growing like a weed!!! Beautiful lady!

Thank you! I am shocked. My hair hasn't grown this fast since I was a kid. Even my trouble areas are filling in and thriving. I am sooooo pleased. Smile

sweetdrk1 wrote:I plan on visiting Oyin this upcoming weekend! I can't wait!

Wooo...I am so jealous that you're close enough to visit. Hope you and Sasha have a fabulous time shopping it up. cheers
cyclingchick
cyclingchick

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 23rd March 2011, 3:09 pm

Wow Cycling! look how much your hair has grown! I'm amazed, impressed, happy for you!

So, you ran the 5k huh? I've gotten off track. Gotta get back on. Shooting for fall!

Your brother is a handsome young man and your goddaughter is a cutie!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by cyclingchick 23rd March 2011, 7:44 pm

Thank you, sis! I am very pleased with my journey...still learning, experimenting and enjoying my hair. Smile

The 5K wasn't exactly pretty, but it was a start. I'd still like to take a running clinic to improve my form, but right now it's time to focus on swimming for the tri in June.

Congrats again on your weight loss! Smile
cyclingchick
cyclingchick

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 23rd March 2011, 7:47 pm

Your hair is growing like crazy! keep up the good work, because whatever you are doing it is working.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by cyclingchick 23rd March 2011, 7:57 pm

Thank you, Cris! I'm going to keep giving it TLC. Coco seems to love Oyin, so I'll definitely help keep them in business. LOL
cyclingchick
cyclingchick

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 24th March 2011, 11:50 pm

Hey CC,
Your hair looks good. YAY for embracing your natural journey and experiencing those AHA moments. Isn't it wonderful? Very Happy Hair as a self discovery tool; who would have thought.

Anyway, I plan to pick up come Oyin Honey Dew this weekend when I meetup with Sweet and some of the other ladies. Can't wait to try it. I'll also be reupping my Frank Juice (love, love, love that) too.

Congrats on the 5K and your weight loss journey.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by cyclingchick 25th March 2011, 11:03 am

DvaAuNaturel wrote:Hey CC,
Your hair looks good. YAY for embracing your natural journey and experiencing those AHA moments. Isn't it wonderful? Very Happy Hair as a self discovery tool; who would have thought.

Anyway, I plan to pick up come Oyin Honey Dew this weekend when I meetup with Sweet and some of the other ladies. Can't wait to try it. I'll also be reupping my Frank Juice (love, love, love that) too.

Congrats on the 5K and your weight loss journey.

Thanks, Diva! I agree...I naively thought it was "just hair"...soooo much more than that! I think you'll really like the Hair Dew. It has been keeping my hair soft/moisturized and the smell is divine (like all Oyin stuff!) Have a blast at the meet-up (y'all better take pics! Very Happy ) and shopping at Oyin.
cyclingchick
cyclingchick

Back to top Go down

Post by cyclingchick 26th March 2011, 10:54 am

Hey Lovelies!

I'm heading to Vegas today to celebrate a friend's birthday. I'm looking forward to getting out of town for a few days and going to playland for adults. Smile

In hair news, I am officially in love with Oyin's Hair Dew. I wanted to use it for a week before I put the full stamp of approval on it. It is an awesome product. My hair drinks it up...and the smell is like cookies and love. LOL I'm just kicking myself for getting the smaller bottle...won't make that mistake again.

Have a great weekend, curlies!
cyclingchick
cyclingchick

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 26th March 2011, 11:47 pm

Oyin Hair Dew is like gold!!! I love it dance

Have fun in Vegas and I love you avatar. That little girl is too cute!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 26th March 2011, 11:56 pm

Hey chica! Congrats on the race and your weight loss! I'm inspired by your dedication to just be a better you. Have fun in Vegas! If you love fun, that's definitely the place to go to overdose, lol!
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 27th March 2011, 11:02 pm

I too love Oyin Hair Dew. Congratulations on all of your journeys!
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10