CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!)

+75
Janet36603
Deva_87
talljournalist
.:Eden:.
caracara01
melbelle81
Karyn
prettysunshyne
KeishaMac
LOVELYREAN
MellowOne
jlowman1
DvaAuNaturel
Muz
Nikcoils
RissaRae
Yellagirlcurls
hurjurnee
NaturalNixon
newcurlieque
LaToya28
Erica5417
poeticlyspkng
CurlCita
SheeTacular
CrissyQ
mstokes2008
jamaicacurl
truet
ktoliver5303
NhappyJackie
jcanalena79
TerraD
NubieNatty
Ameenah
Vee
krazy coils
mochamoments
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
exhale1913
CocoEuro
SimplyShainee
Winnielours
sunbaby
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)
Mz. Thang
d.denise
Cherry: extraordinary!
cutephantasm
Shauny
p_nuttie43
bholmes87
Pinkrage
SisterBoyd
CombatCurls
traveljunkie08
Reeree1224
Miss CurlyT
MsJay1121
Juices-n-Berries
dajewel
CurlsGalore
adiaha
curly+kinky+fierce
Lynnieluve
AfrikanLatina
ChrsLvsBks
CocaColaCutie
BlondeByDesire
KinkyNappyHappy
Intelligentbeauty
Corygentri
sweetdrk1
tiashaunteé
MahoganyCurls
79 posters

Page 1 of 41 1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 41  Next

Go down

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) Empty MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!)

Post by MahoganyCurls 25th January 2010, 6:55 pm

MahoganyCurls' Four Month Two-Strand Twist/Twistout Challenge and Everything Else!

Start date: January 2, 2010
End date: May 7, 2010

Hi guys!

Some of my subscribers (YouTube) know that I have decided to do a twistout challenge. I figured since it is getting colder in Germany, (and the many fairy knots I get...lol!) I decided to wear my hair in two strand twist for four months. I actually started my challenge January 2, 2010. So that was about 3 weeks ago and so far I have been sticking to it!

I am proud of myself, another reason i wanted to do this challenge is to improve my two strand twist and twistout skills. I have seen so many beautiful naturals that have amazing two strand twists and twistouts and I always wanted to that too. In the past I tried the two strand twist and twistouts and they sucked horribly. So this challenge is also practicing my skills, learning a technique that works for me and my hair. It is just like rollersetting (I am talking about the huge magnetic wrapping rollers...I think I am pretty good with rollersetting...), I had to teach myself how to properly rollerset. After many trials and errors, I mastered it! I am hoping to do the same thing with this challege as well.

The first week my twist werent too hot..and I tried using shea butter and I realized that it is not for me. It is extremely too heavy for my hair. It doesnt matter if I whip it, dip it, sip it, etc ....LOL! It is a total failure. But it is all good. My sealant of choice is EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)...It does wonders to my hair!

Okay, with that said lets get to the challenge details:

* I follow a modified CG (Curly Girl) which means that I do not use cones that are NOT water soluable/ and or no cones at all. I low poo once a month (If I feel it is needed) I cowash 95% of the time...
( Right now, I am following a modified CG method)

Two Strand Twistout Challenge Regimen

~ Cowash once a week (every sunday) with V05 conditioner
~ Deep condition once a week (every sunday) with TIGI Bed Head Moisture Maniac (with a tsp on EVOO added seperately)

~ Start twisting hair while soaking wet with my choice of leave in..right now (1/25) I am using Herbal Essence Hello Hydration until it is used..then I will start using DevaCare Once Condition

~Section wet hair until 4 sections..and seal hair...with a quarter size (guestimating...) amount of EVOO...(I seal my when start twisting a new section)

~ Wear twists for 5 days (until Friday)

~ 5th-6th days (Friday and Saturday)- wear a twistout regardless if it look good or bad...

~6th day- Cowash and repeat the steps above...

Note: I will low-poo once a month with DevaCare Low poo (or only low poo as needed)

* I will sleep with a satin bonnet or scarf every night

I follow this routine until May 7, 2010...so far, everything is going well.

I will use this thread to track my progress!

If you would like to join me, it is not too late! MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) Icon_biggrin

Tomorrow I will discuss and post pictures of my twists and twistout from week one

Last edited by MahoganyCurls on 23rd May 2010, 2:55 pm; edited 64 times in total
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) Empty Re: MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!)

Post by tiashaunteé 25th January 2010, 7:00 pm

Good luck!! I thought wearing them for one month was tough...makes me feel like a punk now, LOL.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) Empty Re: MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!)

Post by MahoganyCurls 25th January 2010, 7:04 pm

tiashauntee wrote:Good luck!! I thought wearing them for one month was tough...makes me feel like a punk now, LOL.

Lol!!! Thank you! I thought it was going to be hard, but so far things are going good, less maintence, just get up and go! Again, thank you so much!MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) Icon_biggrin

Jess
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 25th January 2010, 8:08 pm

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) 678474 MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) 678474 MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) 678474 MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) 678474 I am so very happy you are here!!!!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Corygentri 25th January 2010, 8:29 pm

I'm thinking about it MC. I want to do it but I have too much space between the twists and you can see my scalp and it just isn't attractive to me (I'm a teacher so I do have to go to work every day. )I have some pics on my Butters and Bars challenge page so I would LOVE your input. I wear twists for more than one day if I do it when I am on vacation but I just haven't worn them to work yet. But I also haven't tried wrapping them either so that is another option.

Btw - you are my hair idol. You are the first person I have seen whose texture seems similar to mine and who has similar length soI just love your videos and am so glad you have some new ones. I appreciate all you do.
Corygentri
Corygentri

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 26th January 2010, 1:48 am

Well I am happy you are here too. Because I am BC soon and I want full access to all my curly idols on this forum...lol MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) Icon_wink (I am so selfish MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) Icon_lol )
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 26th January 2010, 6:12 am

Hey guys!

I want to share my hair before I started my two strand twist challenge. The pictures will give you a visual of where my was before I started this challenge. I say it is pretty healthy but we can always improve what we are doing. I absolutely love wash n gos, but the fairy knots are ridiculous!

I wonder how much growth I will have in May compared to the pictures I have posted now...

Click image to enlarge...

February 2009 (Big Chop)

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) Fotki11

October 2009

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) Mc11

November 2009

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) 00211

December 2009

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) Jessab11

MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 26th January 2010, 6:12 am

sweetdrk1 wrote:MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) 678474 MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) 678474 MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) 678474 MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) 678474 I am so very happy you are here!!!!!

Awww! Thanks! MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) Icon_biggrin
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 26th January 2010, 6:27 am

Intelligentbeauty wrote:Well I am happy you are here too. Because I am BC soon and I want full access to all my curly idols on this forum...lol MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) Icon_wink (I am so selfish MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) Icon_lol )

Thank you! Lol! MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) Icon_lol
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 26th January 2010, 6:30 am

Corygentri wrote:I'm thinking about it MC. I want to do it but I have too much space between the twists and you can see my scalp and it just isn't attractive to me (I'm a teacher so I do have to go to work every day. )I have some pics on my Butters and Bars challenge page so I would LOVE your input. I wear twists for more than one day if I do it when I am on vacation but I just haven't worn them to work yet. But I also haven't tried wrapping them either so that is another option.

Btw - you are my hair idol. You are the first person I have seen whose texture seems similar to mine and who has similar length soI just love your videos and am so glad you have some new ones. I appreciate all you do.

Awww! thank you! I check out your thread definitely will be following it. You are doing a great job on your hair! Thank you sooooo much! Wrapping your twist at night are pretty awesome...i only did it on small twists, my hair felt moisturized, and the twist were fine.
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) Empty How to Wrap Your Twists

Post by MahoganyCurls 26th January 2010, 6:35 am

This video is by chisellecouture (YouTuber)

This will work on short hair as well...

MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) Empty My Two Strand Twists -Week One

Post by MahoganyCurls 26th January 2010, 7:13 am

My experience the first week with my two strand twists was extremely challenging. I wanted to remove the twist so badly.....It was so hard! My scalp even started to itch! I think it was a psychological thing though! Lol! The first five days took forever!

I used shea butter the first 2 weeks and it was okay...but it wasnt all that..it was cool.

My twists didnt look too good either, again this challenge will help me perfect my twists and twistouts..you can actually see the shea butter on a few twists! Lol! My twistout actually was a hit this week! I was pleased!

My Twists-Week One (You can see the shea butter too!) MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) Fresse

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) 00510

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) 00310

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) 00410

My Twistout...my eyebrows look horrible

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) 00110

Last edited by MahoganyCurls on 26th January 2010, 11:07 am; edited 1 time in total
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 26th January 2010, 8:38 am

MahoganyCurls~

I too am trying to perfect my twist and twist out style. You have beautiful hair...I've seen several of your video's on YT. However, you keep saying you have short hair, but actually you have quite a bit of length.

Are you twisting your hair with EVOO only? Are you using any other styling products...like creams, butters?

Glad to see you here on the BNB...look forward to tracking your twist challenge.
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 26th January 2010, 11:02 am

MahoganyCurls -

I love your hair. So glad you are documenting your challenge.

Also you are so photogenic and have the most gorgeous smile.

Will be closely monitoring.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 26th January 2010, 11:05 am

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:MahoganyCurls~

I too am trying to perfect my twist and twist out style. You have beautiful hair...I've seen several of your video's on YT. However, you keep saying you have short hair, but actually you have quite a bit of length.

Are you twisting your hair with EVOO only? Are you using any other styling products...like creams, butters?

Glad to see you here on the BNB...look forward to tracking your twist challenge.

Thank you! Ha ha ha! You really think I have quite a bit of length...to me it is short, it is not a TWA anymore, but I think it isnt really that long yet..IDK, maybe it is just me..lol, Thank you MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) Icon_biggrin .

I am twisting my hair wet with Hello Hydration conditoner (as a leave in) and I seal with the EVOO. Shea butter is too heavy for my hair, so I dont fool with it anymore, tomorrow I will show what shea butter does to my twistouts..I havent tried any creams yet.

Again, thank you so much for the nice welcome! MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) Icon_biggrin
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 26th January 2010, 11:08 am

BlondeByDesire wrote:MahoganyCurls -

Aww thank you! So sweet, I love your color! Your hair is beautiful as well!
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 26th January 2010, 12:07 pm

i like that twistout!
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 26th January 2010, 6:24 pm

Welcome! Your plan sounds great. Four months, I applaud you for the commitment.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 26th January 2010, 6:26 pm

Your hair is going to love you for 4 months of rest! That is great chica!
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 27th January 2010, 1:22 am

I'm so happy you are documenting your progress here!!! I dont follow the CG method but I think I may give this a try for one month. This is definitely do-able! I will let you know when I start. My fairy knots are getting out of control too!!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 27th January 2010, 8:16 am

BlondeByDesire wrote:MahoganyCurls -

DITTO THAT MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) Icon_biggrin Your hair grown before my eyes. Love it!!!
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by curly+kinky+fierce 27th January 2010, 1:57 pm

hey friend!! so when u said 4 months i was like...OMG! MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) Affraid thats a looonnnggg time! BUT i know the payoff will be great ! im going to join ..but here is the problem...so my hair is short and i dont know if the twist will look ok in all week...i may have to tweak the challenge a little to fit my insecurities! lol
curly+kinky+fierce
curly+kinky+fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by adiaha 27th January 2010, 2:21 pm

Great job on the challenge. I'm doing mostly twists anyway, so I think I'll join the challenge, only I'll leave them in for two weeks as opposed to one week due to time contraints and how long it takes me to twist.

Welcome to the BnB thread, I like everyone else love your hair!!!
adiaha
adiaha

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 27th January 2010, 4:49 pm

@Cocacolacute- Thank you!
@ChrisLvsBks- Thank you!!!! Yes, it is definitely a commitment!
@AfricanLatina-Thank you
@Lynniluvie- Thank you! Yes, it will not hurt to give the CG method a try..remember you can always tweak it and if you dont like it you can always quit it! Let me know how it works..i say give it at least two weeks
@Intelligentbeauty- Thank you!
@kinky+curly+fierce- hey girlfriend! Yes, it is long, but I am loving it so far! Yay! I have a partner! You can tweak it, so it can suit your needs...
@adiaha-Yay! Thank you! I never left mine in for two weeks, they start to get fuzzy..one week is hard enough for me to keep my hands out of my hair! Girl, you are on it!!! Thank you! MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) Icon_biggrin
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by adiaha 27th January 2010, 4:52 pm

Yeah I dont like them as much the second week because it does get fuzzy, but the last time it took me EIGHT hours to twist and I dont have that kind of time. My mom is out of town for three weeks but she offered to help me twist while I study (isnt she sweet), so I'll be doing them one to two weeks with her help, if im doing them it'll be closer to two.
adiaha
adiaha

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 41 1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 41  Next