CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up!

+57
Renny
naturallychelsea
Treece
MomnWife
jeanlouisangel
MsJay1121
Fabulousat50
mrsmackey
cyclingchick
LaToya28
KeAnia
CocoEuro
ChrsLvsBks
Hurricane Curly
iri9109
NhappyJackie
Cherry: extraordinary!
BajanPrincess82
kinksncurls
Notthecoolmom
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
coilykinks
CocaColaCutie
jlowman1
freckledmom4
bholmes87
LadyMika
MellowOne
curlsunfurled
mstokes2008
blondie
Nikcoils
CurlsGalore
curly-me-naturally
priceless
BrownSkinDiva
missmoriah
Juices-n-Berries
sweetdrk1
WhosThatRedHead
QuietButterfly
SheeTacular
Intelligentbeauty
NubieNatty
Lynnieluve
Muz
TheRYL1
KinkyNappyHappy
BlondeByDesire
krazy coils
nattyblog
poeticlyspkng
swoodward
wyldhoney
CrissyQ
DvaAuNaturel
PaganWifey
61 posters

Page 33 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 33 Empty Re: KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up!

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 15th November 2010, 8:06 pm

[quote="jlowman1"]Laughing @ artificial tree limbs!

I really like the updo's you did with your twists. Very creative! When I had kinky's, I kept them all down or in a ponytail. Boring right? No not really...I don't like the hair touching my neck. I wear it down at least once a week. I think braids are easier to style with though, but Kinky Twists look more like natural hair!!

You'll be addicted to makeup in no time. I was only a Carmex and mascara girl for years until I got to the makeup thread on here. Now I'm spending my whole paycheck on eyeshadows, primers and powder! Hahahaolor=red]I know....I've purchased a real cheap eyeshadow palette to practice with before I buy a good one. Only paid $9 for 100 shades. I may only get one application out of each color...lol but I didn't want to pay a lot of money while I'm trying to learn. Oh but I did buy the UD eye primer...that I really like! I am going to make my way to the makeup thread this week. Need to see what's going on over there!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 33 Empty Re: KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up!

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 15th November 2010, 8:16 pm

priceless wrote:glad you had a good time at the expo enjoyed your pics thanks for sharing. i see you with the twist updo go head gurl lol it I likes. I see that there maybe a expo at the powercenter in houston you know when that is?

Hey Priceless

The Expo in Dallas was so much fun!! Then one at the Power Center will be November 27th 10am - 8pm and the cost is $10.

The twist updo was so hard it took me about 20 minutes to get the style right, and then I wasn't crazy about it!! lol

Yeah the makeup thing can get real addictive i swear it seems like i buy all kinds of stuff that i was not even thinking about last year. like primers blush different brushes etc. i was a simple chick now i got a lil change lol

I think you are right about makeup being addictive, but I'm trying not go go overboard with this like I did with the hair products. I'm taking my time and trying to slowly find what works for me. Like the Milk of Magnesia...that stuff really works, but of course it made my make-up look chalky on me. So I went to a MAC store and the lady told me to put the MOM on first then my moisturizer. Well I tried that and the MOM broke my face out!!! So back to the drawing board!! LOL I am going to check out the make-up thread. I've got to find something that will control the oil...

Hope you can make the Expo!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 15th November 2010, 8:43 pm

I want to try that UD primer!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 15th November 2010, 9:20 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:I want to try that UD primer!

Hi Sweet

I did a lot of research before I bought this primer...make-up blogs and more. It is really a good primer $18 well spent!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 15th November 2010, 10:17 pm

Hey KNH how are you?

Make-up is so addictive! I was also one who only wore carmex and mascara, but now I actually gave myself a makeup budget No because I keep buying stuff.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 15th November 2010, 10:51 pm

Hey KNH!

I love your hair...you know you funny about the artificial limbs! LOL

I'm working on my make-up game, too. I've been going the cheap route, too...I will not buy MAC until I really know what I'm doing! But, I am getting better at it.

Take care, Lady!
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by coilykinks 16th November 2010, 12:38 am

Yes, KNH! I will be at the expo. I am so excited.
coilykinks
coilykinks

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 16th November 2010, 2:29 am

krazy coils wrote:Hey KNH how are you?

Make-up is so addictive! I was also one who only wore carmex and mascara, but now I actually gave myself a makeup budget No because I keep buying stuff.

Hey KC...

I've been so busy, but I'm doing well. (a little tired but good overall)

Yeah I can see myself going crazy with make-up, but I will not spend a lot while I'm trying to learn. I still don't know how to put on eyeshadow with a brush yet...LOL
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 16th November 2010, 2:31 am

TheRYL1 wrote:Hey KNH!

I love your hair...you know you funny about the artificial limbs! LOL

I'm working on my make-up game, too. I've been going the cheap route, too...I will not buy MAC until I really know what I'm doing! But, I am getting better at it.

Take care, Lady!

Thanks RYL1...

But I'm so serious. This has really been a challenge, and now the twists in the back are kinda of slipping out. So I've decided that when they start coming out (like more than 2) I will take them all out..LOL Next time I'm going to try this with human hair.

I will not by MAC eyeshadow until I learn how to blend and use a brush...LOL

Thanks for stoppin by...TTYL
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 16th November 2010, 2:34 am

coilykinks wrote:Yes, KNH! I will be at the expo. I am so excited.

That is good!!! I hope our paths cross I would love to meet you in person. I don't know what to expect, but it sounds like it is going to be interesting.

KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 16th November 2010, 12:07 pm

Morning KNH! Your pics from the expo are nice...you made some good purchases. Hopefully I'll get to attend a natural event soon...so what's going on at the Power Center? Is that in Houston?

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 18th November 2010, 12:09 am

LaToya28 wrote:Morning KNH! Your pics from the expo are nice...you made some good purchases. Hopefully I'll get to attend a natural event soon...so what's going on at the Power Center? Is that in Houston?

Hey LaToya...

I had fun at that Expo..I think a lot had to do with how nice the vendors were. I'm going to post the information concerning the Power Center in your thread!!

Thanks for stopping by!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 18th November 2010, 1:38 am

Hey KNH, just dropping in to say hello! Hope all is well!
LadyMika
LadyMika

http://metalkink.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by QuietButterfly 18th November 2010, 2:49 am

Hey KNH!!! Very Happy
QuietButterfly
QuietButterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 18th November 2010, 8:49 am

LadyMika wrote:Hey KNH, just dropping in to say hello! Hope all is well!

Hey LadyM...Hi are you doing? I read your update from work yesterday, but I was so busy I didn't get to respond. Miss yah and glad to get caught up with you.

QuietButterfly wrote:Hey KNH!!! Very Happy

Hey QB...how are you? Missed you..I'm going to find your thread and see what you've been up to!

Thanks for stopping by ladies.....I don't have much to post I have Kinky Twists for the winter so I'm not up to much these days!!

Take care and thanks for checking on me!! I love you
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 18th November 2010, 9:08 am

Hi Ladies...

I don't have much going on these days. I'm all twisted up for the winter, and I'm just enjoying not doing much to my hair. I miss my hair, but I LOVE just doing NOTHING much to Penny!!! I think she's happy as well....LOL

A couple of my twists slipped out, so this morning I re-twisted using some Bob Marley hair I have. My hair is so soft so I guess I'm doing a good job with keeping it moisturized with my spritz. Also, I measured the length (in the back) and as I suspected she cut about 1 inch off in the back. It's about 5 inches in the back, and before the cut it was about 6 inches. (in some areas..lol) I'm fine with that, and I will be taking better care of Penny from now on!

So...since I have a lot of time on my hands I've been experimenting with make-up see...

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 33 Dsci0923

So you see I need some help, so I'm going over to the make-up thread to see if I can get some tips over there.

Hope everyone is doing well and having a great week!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 18th November 2010, 11:21 am

Yes I see you! Keep it going! Looks great! Everytime I want to purchase another palette I am like use the one you got man! Lol!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 18th November 2010, 2:20 pm

Lookey lookey, it looks cute. I have my hair in mini twist now. i did them this morning before work. I kinda like them, I will put some pictures up later ont he blog. TTYL
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 18th November 2010, 7:51 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:Yes I see you! Keep it going! Looks great! Everytime I want to purchase another palette I am like use the one you got man! Lol!

Yeah...it can be addicting...just bought 2 ELF's palette today from target...so here I go...LOL I'm a mess!!! Today I didn't do so well...but as I've learned with twists practice makes perfect

CrissyQ wrote:Lookey lookey, it looks cute. I have my hair in mini twist now. i did them this morning before work. I kinda like them, I will put some pictures up later ont he blog. TTYL

Thanks hun!!!! Headed to your blog..gotta see!!! run
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 18th November 2010, 10:17 pm

I love the last pic you posted in the makeup thread! Get it!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 19th November 2010, 2:47 pm

Hey KNH! What's happening my friend!? I see you all twisted up and using your free time on expanding your make up skills! Go ahead now!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 19th November 2010, 5:48 pm

What's happening KNH? ;-) How are you?

Lookin' good on the make-up tip.
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 21st November 2010, 11:00 am

sweetdrk1 wrote:I love the last pic you posted in the makeup thread! Get it!!

Thanks sweet!!

poeticlyspkng wrote:Hey KNH! What's happening my friend!? I see you all twisted up and using your free time on expanding your make up skills! Go ahead now!

Hey Hun!! Nothing much my thread's kinda slow cause I'm all twisted up, but that is so going to change real soon.. sunny I've always wanted to properly wear eyeshadow, and that make-up thread is the place to be!! Can I say great information over there!! Amazing!!

TheRYL1 wrote:What's happening KNH? ;-) How are you?

Lookin' good on the make-up tip.

Thanks girl....I'm so glad I finally made it over tho the make-up thread. We've got some talented sister over there!! Yes ma'am we do!! LOL
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 21st November 2010, 11:09 am

Good Morning Ladies....

Well the Kinky Twists didn't make it to week 4! I had a couple slip out, and I decided to tighten 1 or 2. So I took down one around my hair line, and most of my hair came out with the twist!! affraid

So...it was on then; next thing I knew I was taking all of the twists out. **sigh** This happened to me the last time I wore braids, so I guess I'm going to have to find another type of protective style that will not put tension on my edges. (mainly my temples)

Anyway, after I took the twists out I didn't have the energy (it was 1:30am) to do anything but go to bed!! The next day I had the best twist out of my life!! As the day went on the twist out got bigger...man don't you hate when you get the best styles when you have to shampoo you hair?

Well...I have tons of things to share with you..product reviews, pictures and my experience with using a steamer for the first time.

I've got to get ready for church, but I'll be back with an update this evening.

Have a great day!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 21st November 2010, 12:00 pm

See that is why I don't do braids and stuff with extensions. It always pulls my hair out no matter who does it! I am sorry the hair came out with the twist. I can't wait for the update! I know that twist out is serious! I am in the same spot I had to take my twist out because my scalp is begging to be cleaned and my twist out is the bomb.com..but I swear my scalp will not allow me to go on. I am going to get the giovanna tea tree stuff or just some tea tree oil . I gotta do. Something before I rip my scalp off!

Enjoy church, I will be back!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next