CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up!

+57
Renny
naturallychelsea
Treece
MomnWife
jeanlouisangel
MsJay1121
Fabulousat50
mrsmackey
cyclingchick
LaToya28
KeAnia
CocoEuro
ChrsLvsBks
Hurricane Curly
iri9109
NhappyJackie
Cherry: extraordinary!
BajanPrincess82
kinksncurls
Notthecoolmom
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
coilykinks
CocaColaCutie
jlowman1
freckledmom4
bholmes87
LadyMika
MellowOne
curlsunfurled
mstokes2008
blondie
Nikcoils
CurlsGalore
curly-me-naturally
priceless
BrownSkinDiva
missmoriah
Juices-n-Berries
sweetdrk1
WhosThatRedHead
QuietButterfly
SheeTacular
Intelligentbeauty
NubieNatty
Lynnieluve
Muz
TheRYL1
KinkyNappyHappy
BlondeByDesire
krazy coils
nattyblog
poeticlyspkng
swoodward
wyldhoney
CrissyQ
DvaAuNaturel
PaganWifey
61 posters

Page 34 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 34 Empty Re: KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up!

Post by TheRYL1 21st November 2010, 1:54 pm

Awww...sorry about the hair loss...YAY for the best twist out ever! LOL

Can't wait for the pics!
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 34 Empty Re: KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up!

Post by CrissyQ 21st November 2010, 2:19 pm

Hey deb, I am sorry to hear about the hair lost. I know penny will bounce back in no time flat. I can't wait to see what you have done to your hair since you took the braids out. I will be back or I will check out your blog. Hope church was great.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 21st November 2010, 2:22 pm

I'm sorry bout the hair loss and I know your hair will bounce back bigger and better than ever. Can't wait to see the twist out.
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 21st November 2010, 10:07 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:See that is why I don't do braids and stuff with extensions. It always pulls my hair out no matter who does it! I am sorry the hair came out with the twist. I can't wait for the update! I know that twist out is serious! I am in the same spot I had to take my twist out because my scalp is begging to be cleaned and my twist out is the bomb.com..but I swear my scalp will not allow me to go on. I am going to get the giovanna tea tree stuff or just some tea tree oil . I gotta do. Something before I rip my scalp off!

Enjoy church, I will be back!

Hey Sweet

Yeah...it was at my temple on both sides, so that's it for me no more braids/twists. I may try cornrows something that will not pull my edges out! **sigh**

I went 15 days with out co-washing my scalp, so I know how you feel....
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 21st November 2010, 10:10 pm

TheRYL1 wrote:Awww...sorry about the hair loss...YAY for the best twist out ever! LOL

Can't wait for the pics!

CrissyQ wrote:Hey deb, I am sorry to hear about the hair lost. I know penny will bounce back in no time flat. I can't wait to see what you have done to your hair since you took the braids out. I will be back or I will check out your blog. Hope church was great.

naturallychelsea wrote:I'm sorry bout the hair loss and I know your hair will bounce back bigger and better than ever. Can't wait to see the twist out.

Hey Ladies...

This happened to me back in April when I had braids. The hair was just growing back and now! I'm a little out done with myself, but I'll never get extensions again.

Thanks for your words for encouragement, and Crissy I went to youth church with Xander and it was awesome!!

Now for my long update!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 21st November 2010, 11:58 pm

Where is the update man?
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 22nd November 2010, 12:53 am

Hey KNH,

Sorry that you experienced hair loss with the kinky twists. If you have any castor oil or Jamaican Black castor oil you can use that to help fill your edges in again.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 22nd November 2010, 1:22 am

Hey KNH! Girl, that must have been quite the revelation. So sorry but I know they will grow back. There are so many protective styles available, I know you you will find the right one for you. Take pics of that twist out before you wash it! I wanna see!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 22nd November 2010, 1:54 am

I'm looking for the update and special announcement!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 22nd November 2010, 2:13 am

Hey KNH,
Sorry to hear about the hair loss. That is the primary reason I stopped braiding my hair. Thin temples run on my dad's side of the family anyhow so I don't need anything helping me in that area...lol. I think with the braids they are using just a few strands or something because it'll come right off sometimes, just as you described, with the braid. Your hair will bounce back in no time. I know you'll pamper Penny back to full health Very Happy.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 22nd November 2010, 8:15 am

Lynnieluve wrote:I'm looking for the update and special announcement!!
me too!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 22nd November 2010, 9:39 am

I meant to post this last night, but I had issues with getting the pictures posted...sorry!!

While I truly enjoyed doing nothing to my hair as I stated yesterday I've experienced a bit of hair loss at my temples again. So let me move on so this post won't be so long. Here a few pictures of my best twist out ever as well as the steps I took to get to a great twist Sunday. Oh excuse the face in the first two pictures; had one of my famous sinus headaches going on!!

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 34 Dsci1016

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 34 Dsci1017

The first two pictures were taken Saturday after I had taken my kinky twists out. I guess being twisted for three weeks produced awesome definition. However, I knew I needed to detangle and deep condition hence that brings us to the third picture.

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 34 Dsci1018

As I indicated I lost some hair in my temple area only....so the hair in the picture above is the result of my shampoo and detangling session. I didn't lose much hair at all and for that I'm thankful. The next two pictures represent a few things:

Before the steamer treatment
KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 34 Dsci1019

After the steamer treatment
KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 34 Dsci1020

1. The length after my trim - which I'm not to upset by how much she took off because my hair is soo thick now. I've always had thick hair, but I assumed that I would just have course hair and not thick due to the damage from chemicals. I was surprised to say the least (1st picture)
2. I decided to compare Darcy's Deep Conditioning Mask (left side) to Bee Mine Deep Conditioner (right side) opposite if you are looking at the picture (second picture)
3. A friend let me borrow her steamer, so I wanted to try this out before I purchased my own. (results last picture)

Results/Mini Product Review
I applied Darcy's and Bee Mine so I could get a true comparison. I will not do a detail review here that would be too long. (you can check out the detail review on my blog) However, I will say this...Darcy's came out on top for several reasons. I found myself applying more of the Bee Mine product because it wasn't as thick in consistency as Darcy's. Also, with Darcy's you don't need a lot, and my hair seem to drink or absorb the product up. (I hope that makes sense) It's hard to explain but my hair just felt so good on the Darcy side. I really like thick conditioners, but we all know that has nothing to do with performance. So I decided to try my friend's steamer.

Steamer review:
Not sure if I should give a review on the steamer just yet, because I need to try this again and then my heat cap to make sure that I give a fair assessment. So that will have to wait. I know that when I rinsed the conditioner out my hair didn't feel as soft as it does when I use the heat cap. But like I said I will wait and give my final judgement after I use the steamer again.

So this brings me to the final step!! I twisted using AfroVeda's Hemp Seed Lock & Twist Butter. Now this butter has a pasty consistency, but I really like my twist out results. My hair really had a lot of shrinkage, but for the first time I LOVED THE SHRINKAGE!

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 34 Dsci1021

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 34 Dsci1022

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 34 Dsci1023

I finally tried the Jojoba and Emu oil that I won from AfroVeda. I used that as a pre-poo and let me tell you this stuff...is wonderful!!!! I will review this on my blog as well.

Sorry for such a long late posting, but thanks to all of you that made it through this!!

Much love....KNH

Last edited by KinkyNappyHappy on 22nd November 2010, 1:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 22nd November 2010, 9:42 am

Title change
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 22nd November 2010, 9:43 am

sweetdrk1 wrote:
me too!

lol...sorry I had problems posting pictures last night. But I'm done now!!! LOL
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 22nd November 2010, 12:51 pm

Hey KNH! You are going to make me purchase some DB! Great update...who would have ever thought we would appreciate shrinkage! Lol that twist out looks great!

P.S. I went to Sephora last night Laughing
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 22nd November 2010, 1:15 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:Hey KNH! You are going to make me purchase some DB! Great update...who would have ever thought we would appreciate shrinkage! Lol that twist out looks great!

P.S. I went to Sephora last night Laughing

Hey Sweet!!

All I can say is I love Chrs for life for the tip she gave me on Darcy's DC. Don't sleep on this one; I promise you will not be disappointed!!

When I say shrinkage...as the day went on my hair really shrunk up!! It was soo pretty!! Well at least I loved it and that's all that matters!! LOL

So...WHAT DID YOU GET FROM SEPHORA? **headed to your thread cause I just gotta know** lol
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 22nd November 2010, 1:20 pm

Good review and to the point. I will visit your blog for more info.

I have heard good things about Darcy's I think I may have to purchase this DC. I know Chrs raves about it and now you had good results as well.

Your twists look great.

Have a Happy Thankgiving.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 22nd November 2010, 1:37 pm

BlondeByDesire wrote:Good review and to the point. I will visit your blog for more info.

I have heard good things about Darcy's I think I may have to purchase this DC. I know Chrs raves about it and now you had good results as well.

Your twists look great.

Have a Happy Thankgiving.

Hey BBella!

Dary's DC is the best. I used that as well as a protein conditioner that you recommended a long time ago..Renpure' Organics. I love that as my protein conditioner. Do you still use it?

I lost a lot of length my first year, but now I know what to do..(less is more) I should see the growth I'm looking for as well as keeping my hair healthy.

Thanks for stopping by, and wishing you and your family a safe and wonderful Thanksgiving!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 22nd November 2010, 2:30 pm

Wonderful pictures of both twist outs.

That DB DC is the truth. I love, love, love it. Keep us posted on the steamer and I'll definitely pop over to your blog.

Thanks for sharing and Happy Thanksgiving!
Renny
Renny

http://www.rhondamcknight.net

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 22nd November 2010, 2:39 pm

Renny wrote:Wonderful pictures of both twist outs.

That DB DC is the truth. I love, love, love it. Keep us posted on the steamer and I'll definitely pop over to your blog.

Thanks for sharing and Happy Thanksgiving!

Thanks Renny!!

Girl I know...I don't plan to try anything else!! I will try the steamer again this weekend and I may try my heat cap Wednesday (if I can get that in) I want to really see the benefits of the steamer as so many of the ladies say great things about it that have one.

Glad you made it through that long posting.. Wink and thanks for stopping by. Wishing you and yours a Happy Thanksgiving as well!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 22nd November 2010, 2:48 pm

I am having so much fun, but I must get back to work!! LOL

I'm LOVING my hair today.!! I wish I could post a picture right now...I look like the natural chica from the McDonald's commercial!!!

**singing the McDonald's jingle....I'm loving it**
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 22nd November 2010, 2:51 pm

Hey KNH, I love the twist out, cuuute. I have decided to go with darcy's on friday. I already got my buggy full so I can just hit submit. I hope the shipping does not take long, because I want to use it now!
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 22nd November 2010, 7:45 pm

Hey KNH!

Going to have to pop over to your blog and get ALL the deets. Your twist-out look great both times. I have yet to must the patience to twist just to take it down the next day. The amount of time and energy that it takes to put do my whole head justifies at least a week in that style. Oooh I gotta get over to the make-up thread and see what everyone's been up to. Your eyeshadow looks great! What color is that?
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 23rd November 2010, 7:31 am

krazy coils wrote:Hey KNH,

Sorry that you experienced hair loss with the kinky twists. If you have any castor oil or Jamaican Black castor oil you can use that to help fill your edges in again.

Hey KC...

I do...trust me I'll be using that and massaging my temples to get my temples to fill back in....

poeticlyspkng wrote:Hey KNH! Girl, that must have been quite the revelation. So sorry but I know they will grow back. There are so many protective styles available, I know you you will find the right one for you. Take pics of that twist out before you wash it! I wanna see!

Hey Poetic

Yeah...this happened when I had braids earlier this year, but I thought it was because my braids were so small. NOT the case...my temples can't handle the extensions!! I took pictures, but will post on my blog as well....

DvaAuNaturel wrote:Hey KNH,
Sorry to hear about the hair loss. That is the primary reason I stopped braiding my hair. Thin temples run on my dad's side of the family anyhow so I don't need anything helping me in that area...lol. I think with the braids they are using just a few strands or something because it'll come right off sometimes, just as you described, with the braid. Your hair will bounce back in no time. I know you'll pamper Penny back to full health Very Happy.

Hey Dva...

Thin temples run on my mom's side of the family as well, so I'm going to give up on styles that put any tension on that area!! I will be handling Penny like a new born baby!!

sweetdrk1 wrote:
me too!

lol!

CrissyQ wrote:Hey KNH, I love the twist out, cuuute. I have decided to go with darcy's on friday. I already got my buggy full so I can just hit submit. I hope the shipping does not take long, because I want to use it now!

Thanks Crissy....girl all I'm buying that day is the Darcy's DC...can you believe it??? LOL

FemmeFox wrote:Hey KNH!

Going to have to pop over to your blog and get ALL the deets. Your twist-out look great both times. I have yet to must the patience to twist just to take it down the next day. The amount of time and energy that it takes to put do my whole head justifies at least a week in that style. Oooh I gotta get over to the make-up thread and see what everyone's been up to. Your eyeshadow looks great! What color is that?

Hey FemmeFox!!

Girl pop on over...I'm having fun so much fun with my blog!! I like both twist-out as well. I think a lot has to do with the trim/cut I got before when I had my kinky twists done!! My hair is thicker and looks much healthier!! Anyway......to this make-up; I am so new at this and I don't have a clue as to what colors I had on except one day I had on pink, the next I had on two different colors of grey and the last picture I don't know what those colors were...I think coral and something else. I'm learning I'll get this down soon. lol
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 23rd November 2010, 8:52 am

Morning Ladies...

Well today is my Friday and I glad about it!!! So...just to give a quick update; yesterday my hair was so on point. Don't you have hair days where the style just gets better as the day goes on? Well....that's what happen to me yesterday. I could chat about it all day, but I'll just show you a couple of pictures....

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 34 Dsci1024

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 34 Dsci1025

By the time I got home it was a big frizzy fro!!! LOL Don't you just love natural hair!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next