CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up!

+57
Renny
naturallychelsea
Treece
MomnWife
jeanlouisangel
MsJay1121
Fabulousat50
mrsmackey
cyclingchick
LaToya28
KeAnia
CocoEuro
ChrsLvsBks
Hurricane Curly
iri9109
NhappyJackie
Cherry: extraordinary!
BajanPrincess82
kinksncurls
Notthecoolmom
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
coilykinks
CocaColaCutie
jlowman1
freckledmom4
bholmes87
LadyMika
MellowOne
curlsunfurled
mstokes2008
blondie
Nikcoils
CurlsGalore
curly-me-naturally
priceless
BrownSkinDiva
missmoriah
Juices-n-Berries
sweetdrk1
WhosThatRedHead
QuietButterfly
SheeTacular
Intelligentbeauty
NubieNatty
Lynnieluve
Muz
TheRYL1
KinkyNappyHappy
BlondeByDesire
krazy coils
nattyblog
poeticlyspkng
swoodward
wyldhoney
CrissyQ
DvaAuNaturel
PaganWifey
61 posters

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 32 Empty Re: KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up!

Post by priceless 7th November 2010, 3:28 pm

so mad that i had to miss the expo can't wait for pics
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 32 Empty Re: KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up!

Post by Juices-n-Berries 7th November 2010, 10:19 pm

Glad you had an overall good experience at Zayd's. Call me.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 7th November 2010, 10:27 pm

Waiting for pics!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 8th November 2010, 1:32 am

sweetdrk1 wrote:Waiting for pics!

What she said^^^^
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 8th November 2010, 7:11 am

WHEW....I finally made it home!! (starting this posting about 9pm last night!!)

The expo was very nice. I was so engrossed in conversations with the vendors that I almost forgot to take pictures...I said ALMOST. Very Happy Here are a few....

I didn't buy any of her products...I guess I have my pj under control.
KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 32 Dsci0910

I bought a Denman brush form 3 Sisters BBS...it is so heavy. I checked online to make sure it's real. It is the heavy weight 9 row brush. (great for styling I was told)
KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 32 Dsci0911

This was Jewels by Anikia table (that is a curlie friend I know in the picture not Anikia) who is from Houston and is a member of NappyLoveHouston a meet-up group that I belong to. I thought about Nubie when I saw her earrings....
KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 32 Dsci0912

So you know I made it to the AfroVeda booth. I only bought 1 thing Totally Twisted butter. Mala was nice enough to take a picture with me. Y'all know I was in hair heaven....LOL
KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 32 Dsci0913

So what did I buy? Well I did very good I only bought 1 thing from AfroVeda and sample sizes of Bee Mine products..i.e. the deep conditioner, bee lovely moisturizer, avocado cream balanced conditioner and the regular size Rhassoul Clay Clarifying Bar, (I love this shampoo bar) and a new Denman brush!!! THAT'S ALL!!!

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 32 Dsci0914

My favorite purchases were the t-shirts below. I hate that they were both brown, but I couldn't pass up either one of them!!

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 32 Dsci0915

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 32 Dsci0916

Arlington is a very beautiful city, and I wish we had more time there. (I wanted to go to DSW) However, one of the ladies that came with me BFF stayed in Dallas, and she pick us from the Expo about 1:30pm. We went to lunch and headed home shortly after that. I didn't make it back inside the Expo, so I missed seeing Cyclingchick and KToliver who were both there. Sad

All in all I had a great time...I'll have a detail review (other vendors and my overall experience) of the Expo on my Blog later today. (note I started posting pictures last night and fell asleep so I'm finishing right now...LOL)

I really like this picture, just couldn't figure out how to get it without the glare!!
KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 32 Dsci0917

I'm still twisted, and loving the low no maintenance!!

Sorry this posting was so long, but I wanted to share as much as I could of my first Expo experience with you guys!!!

Have a great week!!!

KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 8th November 2010, 9:06 am

Good morning KNH! Have you used the dc from Bee mine before? Let me know how you like it. TTYL
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 8th November 2010, 9:28 am

Hi glad you enjoyed. I have that same shirt in black with a silver lady. Great minds think a like.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 8th November 2010, 9:42 am

CrissyQ wrote:Hi glad you enjoyed. I have that same shirt in black with a silver lady. Great minds think a like.

I know I thought about you....they had black, but I just love that brown!!! Very Happy
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 8th November 2010, 9:44 am

krazy coils wrote:Good morning KNH! Have you used the dc from Bee mine before? Let me know how you like it. TTYL

Hi KC...

No I haven't. I've heard great things about it from Chrs and Shee; so I can't wait to try it, and I'm glad I was able to get a sample without having to pay $30 for the regular size. I'll do a review in December...

Thanks for stopping by!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 8th November 2010, 12:24 pm

hey knh! glad you had a good time at the expo. i love those t-shirts and can't wait for your product reviews!
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 8th November 2010, 12:29 pm

Hey KNH! Looks like you had a great time and you kept your PJ under control. I love the shirts!
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by cyclingchick 8th November 2010, 12:35 pm

Hey Lovely! Sorry we didn't get to meet up, but I'm glad you enjoyed your time in the metroplex! Smile I bought the Totally twisted butter and the nudred thing. I like my little twists...nice to have another styling option while I wait for Coco to grow. Smile
cyclingchick
cyclingchick

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 8th November 2010, 1:23 pm

It looks like you had a ball! I am proud of how you kept your PJism in check! Bravo!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Treece 8th November 2010, 2:03 pm

The Expo looked like it was fun. I missed the Expo here in Cleveland, so I guess I got to live it through you a little bit. Congrats on not purchasing everything in site too lol.
Treece
Treece

Back to top Go down

Post by coilykinks 13th November 2010, 5:01 pm

Hey KNH! Are you attending the Expo at the Power Center?
coilykinks
coilykinks

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 14th November 2010, 2:09 am

love the pics and getting more and more jealous of the nappiology t- shirt Very Happy
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 15th November 2010, 6:08 pm

CocaColaCutie wrote:hey knh! glad you had a good time at the expo. i love those t-shirts and can't wait for your product reviews!

Hey C-Cube...I had an awesome time. It was like online products right at my finger tips. Well...almost. lol I can't wait until I can use the products so I can do reviews... These darn Kinky Twists...LOL

jlowman1 wrote:Hey KNH! Looks like you had a great time and you kept your PJ under control. I love the shirts!

Hey Jlow...I did have a very nice time. You know I was somewhat surprised myself. I know I'm a little ADD so I think that maybe there was too much to chose from so I only bought what I really wanted to try...LOL You know I can't wait to wear my shirts, but its cold in Houston now...darn it!!! LOL

cyclingchick wrote:Hey Lovely! Sorry we didn't get to meet up, but I'm glad you enjoyed your time in the metroplex! Smile I bought the Totally twisted butter and the nudred thing. I like my little twists...nice to have another styling option while I wait for Coco to grow. Smile

Hey CC, I hate I missed you too! I bought the Totally Twisted butter as well. I saw that nudred thing and I almost bought it, but I didn't think it would work for me with my length. Oh..Coco will grow in no time, just you watch and see!!

sweetdrk1 wrote:It looks like you had a ball! I am proud of how you kept your PJism in check! Bravo!

Hey Sweet...I did enjoy myself, and more so since I came home with most of my money!!! LOL

Treece wrote:The Expo looked like it was fun. I missed the Expo here in Cleveland, so I guess I got to live it through you a little bit. Congrats on not purchasing everything in site too lol.

Thanks Treece...I hate you missed the one in Cleveland, because you would have and a ball. I think just the fact of seeing soo many naturals in one building made the day for me. Yeah...I kept my PJ in check..LOL

coilykinks wrote:Hey KNH! Are you attending the Expo at the Power Center?

Hey CK....yes ma'am I'm going to attend the Expo at the Power Center. Not sure what time I'll get there...I just hope Xander doesn't have any events, because I would like to get their early. Are you going?

naturallychelsea wrote:love the pics and getting more and more jealous of the nappiology t- shirt Very Happy

Thanks Naturallychelsea....I wish I had taken more!!! I think you can get them online. Let me check and I'll get back with you.

Last edited by KinkyNappyHappy on 15th November 2010, 6:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 15th November 2010, 6:29 pm

Well its been a while since I've updated my CSJ.....

Work and my personal life has been keeping me real busy. I missed family parent weekend with my oldest son, because Xander was moved up to varsity for the play-offs. However, they didn't win Saturday so this year football season is over!! Yay!!!

Anyway....what has been going on with my protective style or rather my Kinky Twists? Well I would share pictures but the site is not allowing me to upload pictures right now. But I will tell you this; I've had Kinky Twists before and I think the hair I used was Bob Marley hair but this hair is a lot different. It feels like I'm trying to style artificial Christmas tree limbs with this stuff. No

I think I will have the next set of Kinky Twists done with human hair. I hope to get the pictures posted soon....you'll see.

Well I'll check back back later, cause I'm a bit tired and I'm going to take a power nap while I'm waiting for my dinner to get done.

I'll check out what everyone has been doing later this evening.

Take care.....
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 15th November 2010, 6:45 pm

Well I finally got a few pictures to post....took a lot of effort to get the following results, and I'm not sure I even like the out come!!

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 32 Dsci0918

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 32 Dsci0919

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 32 Dsci0920

So I've tried a fews make-up tips and I compared the two pictures below and I think I'm going to bump up my make-up game. I bought a few things this past weekend and I'll show that in a later posting...

With make-up
KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 32 Dsci0921

With just mascara and lip gloss......so make-up it is!
KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 32 Dsci0922
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 15th November 2010, 6:51 pm

I love what you did with your twists. Can't wait for more length so I can protective style like that.
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 15th November 2010, 6:55 pm

naturallychelsea wrote:I love what you did with your twists. Can't wait for more length so I can protective style like that.

Hi NaturallyC....

Thank you...I'm having a hard time coming up with different style with my twists. So I guess I better head on over to YouTube!!

Thanks for stopping by!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 15th November 2010, 6:59 pm

lol@ styling christmas tree with limbs!!! Razz i normally have to fight wit my tree so its even funnier!

u did a good job wit styling. i like the updo even wit the jewish tendrils draddling the sides Smile so u used marley hair? thats what i wanna use!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 15th November 2010, 7:01 pm

Laughing @ artificial tree limbs!

I really like the updo's you did with your twists. Very creative! When I had kinky's, I kept them all down or in a ponytail. Boring right?

You'll be addicted to makeup in no time. I was only a Carmex and mascara girl for years until I got to the makeup thread on here. Now I'm spending my whole paycheck on eyeshadows, primers and powder! Hahaha
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 15th November 2010, 7:07 pm

glad you had a good time at the expo enjoyed your pics thanks for sharing. i see you with the twist updo go head gurl lol it I likes. I see that there maybe a expo at the powercenter in houston you know when that is?

Yeah the makeup thing can get real addictive i swear it seems like i buy all kinds of stuff that i was not even thinking about last year. like primers blush different brushes etc. i was a simple chick now i got a lil change lol
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 15th November 2010, 7:58 pm

NubieNatty wrote:lol@ styling christmas tree with limbs!!! Razz i normally have to fight wit my tree so its even funnier! This is so what it feels like...I have to fight with my tree too. Every year I had to decide if I want to deal with that tree again...LOL

u did a good job wit styling. i like the updo even wit the jewish tendrils draddling the sides Smile so u used marley hair? thats what i wanna use!

I pulled the tendrils up by the end of the day and decided that looked much better.

No I use that other hair...I should have used marley hair. I think I like that better, but next time I will use human. I wanted something that doesn't feel so rough..you know what I mean?

KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next