CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up!

+57
Renny
naturallychelsea
Treece
MomnWife
jeanlouisangel
MsJay1121
Fabulousat50
mrsmackey
cyclingchick
LaToya28
KeAnia
CocoEuro
ChrsLvsBks
Hurricane Curly
iri9109
NhappyJackie
Cherry: extraordinary!
BajanPrincess82
kinksncurls
Notthecoolmom
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
coilykinks
CocaColaCutie
jlowman1
freckledmom4
bholmes87
LadyMika
MellowOne
curlsunfurled
mstokes2008
blondie
Nikcoils
CurlsGalore
curly-me-naturally
priceless
BrownSkinDiva
missmoriah
Juices-n-Berries
sweetdrk1
WhosThatRedHead
QuietButterfly
SheeTacular
Intelligentbeauty
NubieNatty
Lynnieluve
Muz
TheRYL1
KinkyNappyHappy
BlondeByDesire
krazy coils
nattyblog
poeticlyspkng
swoodward
wyldhoney
CrissyQ
DvaAuNaturel
PaganWifey
61 posters

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 18 Empty Re: KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up!

Post by freckledmom4 14th September 2010, 11:36 am

Hey KHN,
You really did a fabulous jonb on you flat twists and the Penny/Renee collabo is looking good. I'm glad you enjoyed your reunion. My high School can't seem to get one together so we try to keep in touch on FB but it's not the same. You are right, the insurance co, hasn't talked to the young lady who hit me yet, so I'll be patient until Friday. Then I'm going to call her mother. Have fun on your trip!
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 18 Empty Re: KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up!

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 14th September 2010, 5:25 pm

freckledmom4 wrote:Hey KHN,
You really did a fabulous jonb on you flat twists and the Penny/Renee collabo is looking good. I'm glad you enjoyed your reunion. My high School can't seem to get one together so we try to keep in touch on FB but it's not the same. You are right, the insurance co, hasn't talked to the young lady who hit me yet, so I'll be patient until Friday. Then I'm going to call her mother. Have fun on your trip!

Hey Freckledmom...

Thanks...it took me 2 hrs just to do the front. I had to start over several times. Then I did the left side better than the right so I had to do the right over... I really like the results.

Oh...I am going to try an Amla treatment at some point this weekend or next week. I spoke with a lady through a henna hair forum and she assured me that the Amla would not change my color if I'm using it alone. Wish me luck!! Thanks again for the tip!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 14th September 2010, 5:26 pm

my posting are so messed up, and it's only on my thread. I will not be posting until I hear from Nikki as to what is wrong.

Later...
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 14th September 2010, 5:30 pm

WOW...that's weird...I removed my signature and that fixed the problem. scratch
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 14th September 2010, 5:49 pm

At first you had no avi, I just thought you wanted it like that. i said hump, she being fancy. lol!
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 15th September 2010, 7:47 am

CrissyQ wrote:At first you had no avi, I just thought you wanted it like that. i said hump, she being fancy. lol!

Naw...I was having technical difficulties!! LOL
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 15th September 2010, 7:50 am

BlondeByDesire wrote:Your flat twists look great.

CrissyQ wrote:Heeyyy renee, welcome back! Your hair looks great, you did a nice job on your twist. I use AOWC as a deep conditioner and i loved it. I need to find a way to give my hair a break, maybe I will go find an alter ego. Hope your monday is good, I know mine is I'm off woot!

NhappyJackie wrote:Morning KNH, just passing through and marvel at your flat twist. Good job mamma.

Hey Ladies...

Thanks for the compliments!!! I am really pleased with the results....it took me like forever, but I got it done. I will have to have plenty of time when I do this again, and I found that my twists came out better on damp hair.

Thanks for stopping by!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 15th September 2010, 7:52 am

Muz wrote:
KinkyNappyHappy wrote:
Muz wrote:
KinkyNappyHappy wrote:
KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 18 Dsci0628

Is that Tyler Perry sitting behind you? LOL. It's always great to hook up with old friends Smile Penny looks like she's doing wonderfully! Sorry the honey EVOO mix didn't work for you. Did you use RAW honey or pure honey? Of course it also could have just been mixing those products with the condish you used. . .

Girl...he does look like Tyler Perry!! LOL Raw or pure....hummmm I don't know. I guess I better check that out!! So is there a special type of conditioner I should have used? I guess I better do some more research!! LOL

Thanks for stopping by Muz!!

I don't know if there's a specific conditioner you have to use. I've used EVOO and Raw Honey with ORS Replenishing Conditioner and Yes to Cucumbers and had great results.

I think I used too much honey. I plan to revisit this again in the near future!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 15th September 2010, 7:56 am

poeticlyspkng wrote:Hey lady! I was going to ask how you're doing but after reading your journal, I'm caught up. Sounds like you, penny and renee are all doing awesome! I love your flat twists. I'm still not very good at doing those, but then I guess I don't try that hard. I tend to do what get's me by. LOL! Your class reunion looked fun. My brother was in the same class here but I don't think he has ever been to a reunion. I need to get on him about that. Well, keep at your fitness goals. It's easy to fall off the wagon and difficult to get back on- that's for sure. So lately I've been super active and working to stay on the train- ya know? I've managed to lose 10lbs officially on Sunday. I've been a little lax with my eating since then but I'm back today- in full force. So keep up the good work and definitely stay away from those burger joints! Wink

Hey Poetic...

Good to see yah!!! I've been trying to get to your house for a week. Do know that I'll get there this week before I go out of town.

It does take patience when doing flat twists, or rather I have to have patience. I really like the way it came out, and I feel so good that I've mastered at least one styling technique!! LOL

You know I understand why your brother doesn't go back...sometimes people change and we all must change or mature. However, it wasn't until our 30 year reunion that I really enjoyed my friends from high school. When we had our 10 & 20 year everybody was too busy trying to show off. Now we are getting old and trying to hold on to our youth, and we don't have time to pretend that we are all that!!! ROTFL

Anywho...thanks for stopping by and I'll see yah later!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 15th September 2010, 4:37 pm

Hey KNH!

Q: Do you use any Hairveda products? If so, which ones? I see a sale on, so I wanna see if I'll get anything.

Have a wonderful day, Lady! ;-)
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 16th September 2010, 8:46 am

TheRYL1 wrote:Hey KNH!

Q: Do you use any Hairveda products? If so, which ones? I see a sale on, so I wanna see if I'll get anything.

Have a wonderful day, Lady! ;-)

Good Morning RYL1

I have the Vatika Frosting and I really like it. I've been meaning to try the other products, but I've put myself on a challenge to slow down on purchasing so much stuff.

I might look around over there and see what's going on. LOL

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 16th September 2010, 9:02 am

Morning Ladies...

Not much going on over here except that I'm sick again. I see this fall my sinus are going to give me the blues. Embarassed

Yesterday was Xander's birthday,(he turned 16) and as a family tradition we go out to eat for everybody's birthdays He wanted seafood, so I took him to The Boiling Crab. THAT was a mess!! Xander enjoyed his boiled crawfish (that's his all time favorite) but everything else was horrible to me. Well it wasn't my birthday, and as long as he enjoyed his food that's all that matters.

Nothing new with Penny; she's still hanging out with Renee. I took tomorrow off so I could run errands, and get ready to hit I-10 for LSU's first home game. So I plan to do my hair tomorrow, and I will try to think of a style to wear to the game. It will be way to hot for Renee, so it will more than likely be a puff!! LOL

I ordered the new Dream Curl product from Donna Maria. I think I might try that out tomorrow. I must give a shout out to Ayanna...she sent me the 16 oz of MiraCurl by mistake instead of the Cocoa Hemp Conditioner. She told me to keep it, and she's sending me the conditioner that I ordered. Now that is what I'm taking about excellent customer service!!. So ladies start watching the product swap forum...cause I have to 2 full bottles (brand new at that) of MiraCurl, and that's way too much even for me. LOL

Well ladies have a Terrific Thursday!!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 16th September 2010, 10:58 am

Hey KNH!! Long time no see ((HUG)). I've been so busy with work and the family so I haven't been on here much at all, but it's good to see ya. I'm sorry that you're not feeling well...I see that Miss Penny is still looking fab as usual though! I love those twists and Renee is too cute! I'm not sure where my CSJ thread is...I might dig it up on day lol. Well, lady have a blessed day and feel better soon!

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 17th September 2010, 8:58 pm

LaToya28 wrote:Hey KNH!! Long time no see ((HUG)). I've been so busy with work and the family so I haven't been on here much at all, but it's good to see ya. I'm sorry that you're not feeling well...I see that Miss Penny is still looking fab as usual though! I love those twists and Renee is too cute! I'm not sure where my CSJ thread is...I might dig it up on day lol. Well, lady have a blessed day and feel better soon!

Hey LaToya

So good to see yah!! I understand family and work. I see you've been busy with your hair as well. I found your CSJ thread. I had to pop in and say hello!!

Hope to see you around more often. Take care!!

KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 17th September 2010, 9:32 pm

I'm going to see my oldest son tomorrow, so I just wanted to check in and do quick update.

I think I'm going to have a rough time with my sinuses this fall. I've been under the weather for the last 3 days, but I must go on!! I will not miss my son's first home game. Geaux Tigers...LOL

Anyway....It is going to be so hot tomorrow, so I decided that it would be best not to hang out with Renee. All that hair and hot weather would equal a hot mess!!! So this morning I took my flat twists and 2 strand twist down using my Vatika Frosting from HairVeda.

Xander had to be at football practice this morning at 7:30am Rolling Eyes and time was not on my side. I was trying to determine how I was going to wear my hair, because I figured that I would leave the Vatika Frosting in and co-wash when I got back home. However, I didn't like the look and had to think of something fast.

Remember when I was frustrated about a month ago, and I was thinking about doing another bc? Well Lynn posted a YT video with a style call the Cinna-Bun. She knows how much I like puffs, and thought this would be something I could try. At first I thought I didn't have enough hair for this. (especially after I went on my cutting spree) Well....this morning I said what the heck and tried the style. See below.... (please excuse the lint in my hair battery die and didn't feel like taking anymore pictures, and sorry about the tired look on my face..not feeling good at all)

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 18 Dsci0631

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 18 Dsci0632

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 18 Dsci0633

I think for my first time the style came out okay. Even Mr. Xander said he liked it!! I just wasn't in the mood to co-wash my hair. Maybe I can go another week? We'll see...LOL

Thank you Lynn for suggesting this style. I love you

Have a great weekend ladies!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 17th September 2010, 9:39 pm

You're welcome!!!!

Now I need to try the cinna-bun!!! LOL!!!

You did a good job for your first try. The only reason I hadnt tried it was because I wasnt sure how it would turn out. The good thing about the style, is it's a protective style because your ends are tucked away!!!

Have a great weekend and be careful on the road!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 17th September 2010, 9:46 pm

Hey KNH,

Love the cinnabun style! I will have to try this one day. Hope you feel better.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 18th September 2010, 1:13 am

That style is cute on you. Be safe on the road and enjoy the game. I hope they win!
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 18th September 2010, 1:28 am

Lynnieluve wrote:You're welcome!!!!

Now I need to try the cinna-bun!!! LOL!!!

You did a good job for your first try. The only reason I hadnt tried it was because I wasnt sure how it would turn out. The good thing about the style, is it's a protective style because your ends are tucked away!!!

Have a great weekend and be careful on the road!!

Hey Lynn

I think next time I'm going to make a few adjustment to the bun. Maybe raise it up a bit! It is a great protective style. I can't wait to do it the right way. I did this off of my flat twists and twists.

Thanks....my road dogs are going with me this time. (my mom and Xander)

KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 18th September 2010, 1:30 am

krazy coils wrote:Hey KNH,

Love the cinnabun style! I will have to try this one day. Hope you feel better.

Hey KC...

Yes you must try this. I think this is a style that will look great on ladies with longer hair. I can so see your rocking this!! I hope I feel better as well. I can see myself taking a nap on the curb waiting on the parade to start!!

KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 18th September 2010, 1:32 am

DvaAuNaturel wrote:That style is cute on you. Be safe on the road and enjoy the game. I hope they win!

Hey Dva...

Thanks Girl!!! I loving your hair. I've see several YT video where natural sisters bc'ed twice. I really thought about it, but I'm just going to trim my ends; or rather I already did. LOL

I'll be safe, and I hope they win as well!!!

Take Care!!

KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 18th September 2010, 12:14 pm

Real cute girl. becareful, and go team go!
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 18th September 2010, 12:48 pm

I LOVE the Cinnabun style, I keep talking myself out of trying it, but it's on my list of styles to try since it's a protective style and winter will be here before we know it (and I'm trying to avoid having to do the same style for 3-4 months)
Muz
Muz

http://muzikalhairjournal.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 19th September 2010, 11:50 am

what is this new cinnabun craze sweepin the nation scratch
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 19th September 2010, 12:31 pm

Very cute! I'll have to try that when Gypsy grows out more. Have a great time at the game! Smile
LadyMika
LadyMika

http://metalkink.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next