CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up!

+57
Renny
naturallychelsea
Treece
MomnWife
jeanlouisangel
MsJay1121
Fabulousat50
mrsmackey
cyclingchick
LaToya28
KeAnia
CocoEuro
ChrsLvsBks
Hurricane Curly
iri9109
NhappyJackie
Cherry: extraordinary!
BajanPrincess82
kinksncurls
Notthecoolmom
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
coilykinks
CocaColaCutie
jlowman1
freckledmom4
bholmes87
LadyMika
MellowOne
curlsunfurled
mstokes2008
blondie
Nikcoils
CurlsGalore
curly-me-naturally
priceless
BrownSkinDiva
missmoriah
Juices-n-Berries
sweetdrk1
WhosThatRedHead
QuietButterfly
SheeTacular
Intelligentbeauty
NubieNatty
Lynnieluve
Muz
TheRYL1
KinkyNappyHappy
BlondeByDesire
krazy coils
nattyblog
poeticlyspkng
swoodward
wyldhoney
CrissyQ
DvaAuNaturel
PaganWifey
61 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! Empty Re: KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up!

Post by PaganWifey 16th July 2010, 9:10 pm

It's always good to start off slow and build when it comes to working out.
PaganWifey
PaganWifey

Back to top Go down

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! Empty Re: KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up!

Post by DvaAuNaturel 17th July 2010, 2:21 pm

Hey KNH,

Good luck with the job opportunity. Glad the interview went well. I'm praying you get the job.

ROTFL about the nightclub cardio class. I'm so rhythmically challenged. I have some rhythm but can't really dance. I take step classes and end up all over the place...LOL. Sounds like a fun class though. I have no idea how to combat sweating in my head. It happens when I workout and sometimes even when I sleep, SMH. I would have love to have seen pics of your accidental protective style. I don't think I saw pics; maybe next time.

And I like CrissyQ's suggestion about the full body pics. Even if you aren't ready to post publicly it will allow you to be able to track your progress. You are doing so good. That's awesome.

Hope you have a great weekend!
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 17th July 2010, 2:23 pm

Happy saturday. i sent you a request on facebook.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 18th July 2010, 8:14 pm

Hey KNH,
TIGI BH MoistureManiac conditioner is buy one get one free at Target. It's in a two pack together. I saw the package and thought of you. I might go back and get me some too. It was $13.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by wyldhoney 18th July 2010, 8:32 pm

KNH, you are motivating me to step up my exercise game! I have been partying the last few weekends and all the dancing is exhausting me! I'll definitely need to build up more strength and stamina if I want to attempt Carnival again next year. I only wish there were fun gym classes like your NightClub cardio! I could do that 7 days a week! Shake my butt to some music for 60-90 mins a day? Sign me up!

My little sister tries to teach me the latest dances but I pull the 'I'm too old' card and refuse to learn them. I stick with the classic dancehall moves instead.
wyldhoney
wyldhoney

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 18th July 2010, 9:53 pm

I miss those types of classes but my joints barely let me get down steps. It's all yoga for now. And that is all sweat so I will have to come up with something soon.

CrissyQ & Dva are right. Full body shots (not the alcohol) are a great idea. I bet you look even more fab already!

It's funny you mention shedding. Since I bc'd I notice I lose between 10 and 30 hairs a week. My hair is in twists a lot. This is great!!!
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 18th July 2010, 10:16 pm

Hey KNH! How ya doing lady? Glad your protective styling is working for you! I went to Zumba on Saturday morning. It was a special class, held outside and it had to be 95 degrees! Whew! I sweat in my head so bad that my twists were soaking! Normally I would have rinsed my scalp but i didnt this time. But I'm sure tomorrow after spinning it will be a must!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog 18th July 2010, 11:51 pm

Hey KNH!! Just stopping in to say hi! Nightclub cardio, ROFL!!

I need to get back to protective styling too. I've just been doing twist outs and braid outs and knot outs and everything. I just see all this eye candy on here and go bezerk, I guess. Keep motivating me, lol!

nattyblog
nattyblog

http://naturalgeek.onsugar.com

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 19th July 2010, 8:06 am

Good Morning KNH!

Can't wait to hear about these products you purchased this weekend KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! Icon_smile
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 19th July 2010, 9:11 am

Good KNH,

It's been a while. I'm catching up and cracking up at the same time. Good luck with the jobs.

How did you wear your hair for the interview?
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 19th July 2010, 10:01 am

sweetdrk1 wrote:lmaoooooooooooooooo ya'll leeb hr alone she can do the Stanky leg if she want lol!

lol!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 19th July 2010, 10:04 am

sweetdrk1 wrote:how do you not sweat in your head?? that is where I start!

I don't know...its so weird. If I wear my scarf, I only sweat around my forehead and where the scarf is tied down!!! However, I do sweat everywhere else...I guess because I don't drink a lot of water I don't sweat much!!! I've got to do better...I wish JCurl would start another water challenge...don't you!!! LOL

KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 19th July 2010, 10:07 am

CrissyQ wrote:
KinkyNappyHappy wrote:
TheRYL1 wrote:LMAOOOOO....KNH...you have me over here rol-ling! LOL

I try to do some of the dances from the videos...but hey, I admit I'm older now and some of them moves are beyond me! KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! Lol And as for the Jerk...Girl, will you put those lessons on a video...cuz that's gonna be fun-ny! KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! 617583

I am now on the Grown & Sexy Moves tip...if ya hoppin' around...I will not dance with you!

Good luck on your interview...I say a nice puff, no bangs...so they will focus on your face and not your twists. Just my two pennies!

Have a good one, Lady!

Hey RYL1

I remember back in my clubbing days my best friend and I would look at (what I thought at the time were) old folks, and we decided we would know that we were old when dancing meant moving from side to side. Well...that came sooner than I thought. Now I think I can dance...like I said I can do my version of the stanky leg, but honey I think I would look a little silly Jerking all over the place... KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! Kopfschuettel Nope...so I'll just break my neck running to the dance floor for all of the line dance songs!! KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! Lol On a serious note...working out has been a very humbling experience for sure!

Thanks for the tip...I will do my puff..NO BANGS!! KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! Icon_biggrin Thanks hun!!!

My co-workers are looking at me funny because i am cracking up at you too. i am not the best dancer but i can pretty much keep up. I would love to see you and RYL1 on the dance floor. KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! 879602 thats yall runnin to the dance floor.

I wish we could have like a big CN meet-up....a big party with food and a DJ would be off the chain. Then I could show y'all my dancing skills!!! ROTFL...
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 19th July 2010, 10:09 am

PaganWifey wrote:I'm with Sweet I have to at least rinse my head everytime I work out. It's like there's a faucet in my head.

Hi PaganWifey....

I think that because I don't drink the recommended amount of water daily is the reason why I don't sweat much!! I do sweat but not much in my head at all!!! In fact, I never have!!! Interesting.......
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 19th July 2010, 10:12 am

krazy coils wrote:Hey KNH,

Don't overdue it when you first start working out. When you start feeling sore you may have to switch your routine to something low impact or do strength training on some days.

PaganWifey wrote:It's always good to start off slow and build when it comes to working out.

Hey KC & PaganWifey...

I really had to take your advice...I think I over did it last week. I'm only going to work out 3 days this week. I was really going hard because I was having so much fun!! I will start over and listen to my body and not over do it this week!!

Thanks ladies!!!

Last edited by KinkyNappyHappy on 19th July 2010, 1:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 19th July 2010, 10:26 am

DvaAuNaturel wrote:Hey KNH,

Good luck with the job opportunity. Glad the interview went well. I'm praying you get the job.

ROTFL about the nightclub cardio class. I'm so rhythmically challenged. I have some rhythm but can't really dance. I take step classes and end up all over the place...LOL. Sounds like a fun class though. I have no idea how to combat sweating in my head. It happens when I workout and sometimes even when I sleep, SMH. I would have love to have seen pics of your accidental protective style. I don't think I saw pics; maybe next time.

And I like CrissyQ's suggestion about the full body pics. Even if you aren't ready to post publicly it will allow you to be able to track your progress. You are doing so good. That's awesome.

Hope you have a great weekend!

DvaAuNaturel wrote:Hey KNH,
TIGI BH MoistureManiac conditioner is buy one get one free at Target. It's in a two pack together. I saw the package and thought of you. I might go back and get me some too. It was $13.

Hey Dva....

Thanks for the prayers...I'm praying too, but I only want this position if its what Gods had designed for me!! So I'm praying that God is all up in the results, and this job is MINE!!! Very Happy

I'm having fun in the cardio classes. I like the fact that we have options that make working out fun!!! I will take full body pictures tonight...didn't get to it this weekend I had so much going on!! I guess it's a blessing I don't sweat much in my head...that would mean I couldn't work out in the morning. Can I say Hair Horror!!! LOL

I posted pictures of my accidental protective style...I think it was on page 38 or 39. (I think) Well I'll post more today, because I'm going to wear my hair in protective styles during the week and then out on weekends. I'll explain later in my morning post.

BED HEAD MM 2 pack @ Target for $13!!! Shocked I'm so going by there today!! Also, Lynn posted on FB that Target is selling Kinky Curly!!! I checked the locations, and my favorite Target is on the list as one of the stores that is carrying the product!! dance So you know I will be making a Target run today ! run

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 19th July 2010, 10:28 am

CrissyQ wrote:Happy saturday. i sent you a request on facebook.
Very Happy I'm so late!! Hope you had a great weekend. How's your sister doing? Love your FB pictures!!!

krazy coils wrote:Good Morning KNH!

Can't wait to hear about these products you purchased this weekend KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! Icon_smile

Hey KC!!

I got a long product post coming!! I've got to get ready for work so I'll post when I get to my desk!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 19th July 2010, 10:36 am

wyldhoney wrote:KNH, you are motivating me to step up my exercise game! I have been partying the last few weekends and all the dancing is exhausting me! I'll definitely need to build up more strength and stamina if I want to attempt Carnival again next year. I only wish there were fun gym classes like your NightClub cardio! I could do that 7 days a week! Shake my butt to some music for 60-90 mins a day? Sign me up!

My little sister tries to teach me the latest dances but I pull the 'I'm too old' card and refuse to learn them. I stick with the classic dancehall moves instead.

Hey Wyldhoney...

Lynn...challenged all of use to step up our exercise game I think back in Jan or Feb. I kinda put things off, and then my job opened a FREE fitness center!!! I had no choice but to get my act together. I'm still in the struggling phase myself, so as I motive others you all are really keeping me going with your positive comments and encouraging words!!! NightClub cardio, Zumba, and Kickboxing is a lot of fun. It's not easy at all...so I don't know if I could shake my putt 7 days....I was kinda whipped last week... lol!

Girl...when my son tries to teach me dances you should see him on the floor cracking up at me!!! It keeps me young...at heart at least!!! LOL
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 19th July 2010, 10:45 am

swoodward wrote:I miss those types of classes but my joints barely let me get down steps. It's all yoga for now. And that is all sweat so I will have to come up with something soon.

CrissyQ & Dva are right. Full body shots (not the alcohol) are a great idea. I bet you look even more fab already!

It's funny you mention shedding. Since I bc'd I notice I lose between 10 and 30 hairs a week. My hair is in twists a lot. This is great!!!

Hey Swoodward...

My right knee is kinda of weak, but the more I work out I've noticed the better it is starting to feel! So you sweat doing yoga? We have yoga class as well...once I get my routine down I would like to try a yoga class.

Yeah...CrissyQ and Dva are right. I'm going to get my son to take some full body shots lol! tonight!! I put on some shorts yesterday that were a little loose in the waist! I was nawww the cleaners must have stretched the material!!! Shocked So...I agree I need to track my progress!!

I was so amazed that I didn't have much shedding when I did my weekly regiment Saturday. I was so pleased, so protective twists again this week!! dance
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 19th July 2010, 1:24 pm

poeticlyspkng wrote:Hey KNH! How ya doing lady? Glad your protective styling is working for you! I went to Zumba on Saturday morning. It was a special class, held outside and it had to be 95 degrees! Whew! I sweat in my head so bad that my twists were soaking! Normally I would have rinsed my scalp but i didnt this time. But I'm sure tomorrow after spinning it will be a must!

Hey Poetic

So far I'm enjoying protective styles, and after wash day I'm really enjoying the benefits that it can bring to the healthy state of my hair.

Zumba in 95% weather.... KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! Icon_redface HOT is and understatement. I think in that type of heat I would sweat in my head too!! How do you enjoy spinning? I think it is an awesome cardio..but I have to get use to all of that standing since I haven't ridden a bike in over 30 years!!! KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! Kopfschuettel LOL
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 19th July 2010, 1:31 pm

nattyblog wrote:Hey KNH!! Just stopping in to say hi! Nightclub cardio, ROFL!!

I need to get back to protective styling too. I've just been doing twist outs and braid outs and knot outs and everything. I just see all this eye candy on here and go bezerk, I guess. Keep motivating me, lol!

Hey Nattyb..(I just love your screen name)

NightClub cardio is such a blast!!! Yeah...we had some fun with this posting...LOL I know what you mean with eye candy on here...I don't have the length for some of the styles so I just drool and admire all of the beautiful hair. I won't get into naming folks, but you know I love the different styles and the creativity the ladies come up with on CN. I just feel real blessed that they are willing to share their styles and tips with us!! Okay...I need to move on because I'm getting a little emotionally now... KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! Icon_sad KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! Icon_biggrin

BlondeByDesire wrote:Good KNH,

It's been a while. I'm catching up and cracking up at the same time. Good luck with the jobs.

How did you wear your hair for the interview?

Hey BBD...

I missed you girl!! I wore my hair in a puff no bangs like Swoodward and RYL1 suggested, and it was too cute as far as puffs goes!! I looked all through my camera and I didn't take a picture of that style...

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 19th July 2010, 1:52 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:
CrissyQ wrote:
KinkyNappyHappy wrote:
TheRYL1 wrote:LMAOOOOO....KNH...you have me over here rol-ling! LOL

I try to do some of the dances from the videos...but hey, I admit I'm older now and some of them moves are beyond me! KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! Lol And as for the Jerk...Girl, will you put those lessons on a video...cuz that's gonna be fun-ny! KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! 617583

I am now on the Grown & Sexy Moves tip...if ya hoppin' around...I will not dance with you!

Good luck on your interview...I say a nice puff, no bangs...so they will focus on your face and not your twists. Just my two pennies!

Have a good one, Lady!

Hey RYL1

I remember back in my clubbing days my best friend and I would look at (what I thought at the time were) old folks, and we decided we would know that we were old when dancing meant moving from side to side. Well...that came sooner than I thought. Now I think I can dance...like I said I can do my version of the stanky leg, but honey I think I would look a little silly Jerking all over the place... KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! Kopfschuettel Nope...so I'll just break my neck running to the dance floor for all of the line dance songs!! KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! Lol On a serious note...working out has been a very humbling experience for sure!

Thanks for the tip...I will do my puff..NO BANGS!! KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! Icon_biggrin Thanks hun!!!

My co-workers are looking at me funny because i am cracking up at you too. i am not the best dancer but i can pretty much keep up. I would love to see you and RYL1 on the dance floor. KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! 879602 thats yall runnin to the dance floor.

I wish we could have like a big CN meet-up....a big party with food and a DJ would be off the chain. Then I could show y'all my dancing skills!!! ROTFL...

Man! I think we should look into having a huge meet-up! That would be too fun! Yep, CrissyQ, that's us on the way to the dance floor! KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! 678474
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 19th July 2010, 1:58 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:lmaoooooooooooooooo ya'll leeb hr alone she can do the Stanky leg if she want lol!
TOO FUNNY! KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! 617583

Hey Lady!

Glad I could help with the hair suggestion...I know your puff was nice! I'm routing for you...I know the job is yours!

Have a wonderful day!
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 19th July 2010, 2:45 pm

Well...it took all morning to post the pictures below, so the product update will definitely be this evening. Just a preview of the product I purchase...this updo was accomplished using Curls Souffle'!! This started as a washNgo (which I did three just the weekend alone) and I decided to twist last night. Here is the end result...tried to come up with something different!! I will have to check the twisted challenges that Bholmes and NTCM did about a month or so ago to get more ideas. I really didn't care for this style, but the pictures look so much better than what I see in the mirror..LOL

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! Debora38

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! Debora39

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! Debora40

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! Debora41

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! Debora42

I'll be back this evening with my weekend washNgo pictures as well as my adventure to The Original Fragrance Shop! (two trips Friday & Sunday) Mrs. Roberta is someone everyone should get a chance to meet!!

Also, while I was twisting Penny last night I was watching Noah's Arc season 1 & 2. Has anyone see this show? There were only 2 seasons, and then there was a movie call Noah's Arc "Jumping the Broom." Now once I could get pass the sexual content of the movie KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! Icon_eek I enjoy the friendship and other things. But what I really enjoy was looking at Noah's hair. He had curls or twists to die for!!

Hope everyone is having a great day!!

KNH

OBTW...AfroVeda is having their Butter sale 15% off!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 19th July 2010, 2:47 pm

TheRYL1 wrote:
sweetdrk1 wrote:lmaoooooooooooooooo ya'll leeb hr alone she can do the Stanky leg if she want KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! Lol
TOO FUNNY! KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! 617583

Hey Lady!

Glad I could help with the hair suggestion...I know your puff was nice! I'm routing for you...I know the job is yours!

Have a wonderful day!

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! Lol

Thank RYL1...I'm glad I listened. I got an e-mail this morning from the hiring department this morning asking if I was offered the position when could I start!! KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! Drunken_smilie I'm praying that God is in this!!!

Hope you are having a great day!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next