CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up!

+57
Renny
naturallychelsea
Treece
MomnWife
jeanlouisangel
MsJay1121
Fabulousat50
mrsmackey
cyclingchick
LaToya28
KeAnia
CocoEuro
ChrsLvsBks
Hurricane Curly
iri9109
NhappyJackie
Cherry: extraordinary!
BajanPrincess82
kinksncurls
Notthecoolmom
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
coilykinks
CocaColaCutie
jlowman1
freckledmom4
bholmes87
LadyMika
MellowOne
curlsunfurled
mstokes2008
blondie
Nikcoils
CurlsGalore
curly-me-naturally
priceless
BrownSkinDiva
missmoriah
Juices-n-Berries
sweetdrk1
WhosThatRedHead
QuietButterfly
SheeTacular
Intelligentbeauty
NubieNatty
Lynnieluve
Muz
TheRYL1
KinkyNappyHappy
BlondeByDesire
krazy coils
nattyblog
poeticlyspkng
swoodward
wyldhoney
CrissyQ
DvaAuNaturel
PaganWifey
61 posters

Page 14 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next

Go down

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 14 Empty Re: KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up!

Post by CocaColaCutie 31st August 2010, 1:46 pm

11 months! wow time flies! that's sooo exciting!
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 14 Empty Re: KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up!

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 31st August 2010, 1:46 pm

CrissyQ wrote:congrats, yes I got your PM. Thanks for the ear. flower

You are most welcome. We need to make some reservations..... Very Happy
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 31st August 2010, 1:47 pm

CocaColaCutie wrote:11 months! wow time flies! that's sooo exciting!

Hey C-Cube....it's really flying for me..since I'm a month a head of myself!!! Too funny...Penny is only 10 months old today. LOL

Thanks anyway...LOL
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 31st August 2010, 1:53 pm

Hey KNH!

Congratulations on your 10 month anniversary!
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 31st August 2010, 2:06 pm

My job is going to have Zumba and Boot Camp starting in September!! So I'm gonna go to the free Zumba class next Tuesday and I'll let you know how I do (or if I survived)
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry: extraordinary! 31st August 2010, 2:19 pm

lol! @ it actually being 10 months Laughing , but thats still marvelous!

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 1st September 2010, 2:52 am

HAPPY 10TH MONTH, PENNY!! YOU LOOK BEAUTIFUL!!! Very Happy
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 1st September 2010, 11:49 am

krazy coils wrote:Hey KNH!

Congratulations on your 10 month anniversary!

Cherry: extraordinary! wrote: lol! @ it actually being 10 months Laughing , but thats still marvelous!

Intelligentbeauty wrote:HAPPY 10TH MONTH, PENNY!! YOU LOOK BEAUTIFUL!!! Very Happy

Thanks Ladies....you all are too sweet!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 1st September 2010, 12:02 pm

WhosThatRedHead wrote:My job is going to have Zumba and Boot Camp starting in September!! So I'm gonna go to the free Zumba class next Tuesday and I'll let you know how I do (or if I survived)

Hey Red...

Zumba and Boot Camp!! WOW...you are so going to love that, and the fact that it is free..awesome!

I've have a little set back with trying to get adjusted with school starting and my new work scheduled. (work means I have to be on time now..LOL)

Anyway....just do it you will see results and you will soo good about yourself!! I'll keep checking in with you and providing whatever support I can give. Heck you never know...I just may need your support!!! LOL

KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 1st September 2010, 12:09 pm

Hey KNH! Happy 10 months to Penny and to you and all your hardwork to keep her maintained and happy! I thought I'd come by here to discuss the Aveda defining whip. I took Nikki's advice for the longest and used yes to cucumbers as my leave in and twisted with the defining whip. I always got great results from that. I would say that I get a defined AND moisturized look. But I thought most of the moisture came from the YTC. Since then I've played around with a few options. Mostly I use the kimmaytube leave in, a little hair milk and then the whip. I switched because I decided to stop leaving in a conditioner that was not recommended for leave-in. But honestly, I'm going back to that tonight after my work out. I'm going to repurchase the YTCu because I feel like I'm working harder for a moisturized look these days and with that I didn't.
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 1st September 2010, 12:12 pm

Morning Ladies...what a Wonderful Wednesday it is!!

I made it to the fitness center this morning!!! I was so on a mission. I got there in time for the 5:30am NiteClub Cardio Class. Now that it is September...they changed the schedule of classes which means that they are not having the KickBoxing Cardio class this month. Crying or Very sad

I was a little disappointed about this, so now my schedule will be NiteClub Cardio Tue & Wed...Zumba Thurs and Step Class on Friday. Now I noticed that I was actually losing weight when I was doing the cardio class vs the treadmill. I don't know why...plus the treadmill got to be a bit boring to me. So I will have to make an effort to get up in the morning so I can be on time. I'm so excited dance I hope I stay on track even during the cold months. My goal is to lose 20 lbs by my birthday in June. So I have 12 lbs more to go!!! LOL

Well...I discovered that I can flat twist my hair; however, I don't do a good job on wet hair, but my flat twists come out better on damp almost dry hair. confused I plan to co-wash tonight and see what I come up with. I'll share pictures if it's not to late.

Hope everyone is enjoying their day so far...and remember "It's All About the Curls!"

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 1st September 2010, 12:20 pm

poeticlyspkng wrote:Hey KNH! Happy 10 months to Penny and to you and all your hardwork to keep her maintained and happy! I thought I'd come by here to discuss the Aveda defining whip. I took Nikki's advice for the longest and used yes to cucumbers as my leave in and twisted with the defining whip. I always got great results from that. I would say that I get a defined AND moisturized look. But I thought most of the moisture came from the YTC. Since then I've played around with a few options. Mostly I use the kimmaytube leave in, a little hair milk and then the whip. I switched because I decided to stop leaving in a conditioner that was not recommended for leave-in. But honestly, I'm going back to that tonight after my work out. I'm going to repurchase the YTCu because I feel like I'm working harder for a moisturized look these days and with that I didn't.

Hey Poetic...

Thanks girl..this has been interesting, fun and a lot of hardwork keep Penny maintained and most of all happy. When she's not happy I look a hot mess!! lol!

So the YTC...that's interesting and good to know. I am all twisted and pinned up right now...do you think I can use the same process with twists in a protective style?

Thanks for stopping by girl...I haven't been on you blog in a minute, but I'll catch up this weekend!!

((hugs)) & I love you
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 1st September 2010, 12:23 pm

Hey KNH!

Congrats on the 10th month anniversary...lookin' good! :-)

And you are so right...IT'S ALL ABOUT THE CURLS! dance
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 1st September 2010, 12:31 pm

TheRYL1 wrote:Hey KNH!

Congrats on the 10th month anniversary...lookin' good! :-)

And you are so right...IT'S ALL ABOUT THE CURLS! dance

Hey RLY1...good to see yah!!!

Thanks hon.....and that's what we are all trying to achieve the everlasting curl!!! LOL
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 1st September 2010, 6:18 pm

Congrats to Penny on 10 months!! I wouldn't blame you if you decided to cut her back a little big, my hair is starting to be more than I want to deal with from time to time. LOL, I just attribute that to it being in a bit of an awkward phase where it's not short but it's not long. I think as it grows out I'll be more excited again.

Also, about the flat twists, I've read that it's better to do twists on dry/damp hair and braids on wet hair. I think that's true. Because when braids expand as they dry they don't necessarily get looser they get bigger (like in my avi), but twists DO get looser and puffier. I still haven't managed to do flat twists that I'm willing to wear out of the house. LOL
Muz
Muz

http://muzikalhairjournal.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NhappyJackie 1st September 2010, 7:03 pm

HHEEEYYY KNH!!!!! Happy 10months!!!! Oh, and can we please see some flat twist pics.....
NhappyJackie
NhappyJackie

http://members.fotki.com/jackiejones205/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 1st September 2010, 7:56 pm

Congrats to you and Penny! woot!
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 1st September 2010, 11:07 pm

congrats penny for making 10 months you are growing girl. KNH practice makes perfect and you are going to be wearing those flat twist out soon watch. hope you are having a great week
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 2nd September 2010, 11:10 am

Muz wrote: Congrats to Penny on 10 months!! I wouldn't blame you if you decided to cut her back a little big, my hair is starting to be more than I want to deal with from time to time. LOL, I just attribute that to it being in a bit of an awkward phase where it's not short but it's not long. I think as it grows out I'll be more excited again.

Also, about the flat twists, I've read that it's better to do twists on dry/damp hair and braids on wet hair. I think that's true. Because when braids expand as they dry they don't necessarily get looser they get bigger (like in my avi), but twists DO get looser and puffier. I still haven't managed to do flat twists that I'm willing to wear out of the house. LOL

Thanks Muz Very Happy

I plan to just the damaged ends...no more that 1in..it should be 2in, but I'll see what the stylist says. This natural journey has stages...first we have to learn how to care for natural hair, but what I've noticed each stage is different. The twa stage was easy for me, but it only lasted about 2 months because when I did my bc I had about 3 1/2 inches in the back and 2 to 2 1/2 in the front...so by January I was a little out of that phase. However, as my hair has grown I've learned that not only do I have to learn what styles work best, but I have to adjust my products as well. I don't know why that is, but products I used when I bc'ed don'w work for me at all now. Interesting...isn't it!

Well....I took pictures of my flat twists and even wore them to work for three days. I mean...they were so not perfect, but who was going to tell me my parts weren't straight? LOL I do need more practice though..LOL
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 2nd September 2010, 11:16 am

NhappyJackie wrote:HHEEEYYY KNH!!!!! Happy 10months!!!! Oh, and can we please see some flat twist pics.....

Hey NhappyJackie...thanks girl! I took pictures...I'm going to post real soon. I've been so tired when I get home I just crash out...

jlowman1 wrote:Congrats to you and Penny! woot!

Thanks Jlow....how have you been doing. I've got to get to your house. I'm so behind since school started and I transferred to a new department. I'm coming this week so look out for me!!

priceless wrote:congrats penny for making 10 months you are growing girl. KNH practice makes perfect and you are going to be wearing those flat twist out soon watch. hope you are having a great week

Hey Priceless...

Thanks...Penny is really growing. I'm trying to figure out how to straighten without heat? (don't know if that's possible) Anyway... I did wear my flat twists style to work this week, but I only for three days now I'm in a puff...LOL. I hope you are have an awesome week as well!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 2nd September 2010, 11:26 am

Morning ladies...

I have to brief, but wanted to share with you guys my co-washing adventure. I co-washed last night and I used Giovanna Direct Leave-in, EVOO and twisted in about 15 sections. I did this because I wanted to flat twist on damp hair. So...I feel asleep... Sleep and woke up this morning with completly dry hair which was very dry!!! affraid Got out my Bed Head MM conditioner co-washed again, used KimmayTube's Leave-in (had some left in the refrig), EcoCustard and guess what? I have a very curly moisturized PUFF!!! dance

I had to pull out the Qhemet heavy cream because my edges didn't want to lay down with just EcoCustard alone, but nevertheless I'm rocking this puff today y'all. afro I took pictures in my truck..so I'll try to post soon.

I'm so tired when I get home, and Xander has a game this evening so I may not get to post pictures until Saturday morning.

Have a Terrific Thursday ladies!!! I love you

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 2nd September 2010, 11:27 am

title change...
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 3rd September 2010, 7:53 am

TGIF run

I don't know if I'm excited about this weekend, but I know I'll be glad to have a little time off from work. However, I have a lot on my plate this weekend. Don't know when this will slow down for me. Just wanted to check in and share some pictures as I promised. Just a few from this week..the first few are pictures of my attempt at flat twisting. I need to work on my parts, and flat twist on damp hair for better results:

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 14 Dsci0610

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 14 Dsci0611

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 14 Dsci0612

Now for my signature style "The Puff" it's still about 50% wet....just love how this one turned out. I know they all look the same..LOL
KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 14 Dsci0613

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 14 Dsci0614

Well that's all for now...I haven't been taking many pictures lately..been kind of boring with my styles, but I'm working on that now!!

Have a great weekend Ladies!!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 3rd September 2010, 9:33 am

Hey,

I love both styles. My hair is so strange, I have been natural almost 6 months without a perm for 8 months and it still looks like I have a twa scratch My curls are really tight, when I streatch them I am like wow, is it really this long? I can still use the same products but just have to use more, I am sure it due to the thickness of it.

Penny is still looking good, have a good friday.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by NhappyJackie 3rd September 2010, 10:31 am

You did really good on those flat twist and the twist out in the front is so defined. What did you use on it? Forget that, the products really don't matter because your hair looks soo good!!!!
NhappyJackie
NhappyJackie

http://members.fotki.com/jackiejones205/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next