CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up!

+57
Renny
naturallychelsea
Treece
MomnWife
jeanlouisangel
MsJay1121
Fabulousat50
mrsmackey
cyclingchick
LaToya28
KeAnia
CocoEuro
ChrsLvsBks
Hurricane Curly
iri9109
NhappyJackie
Cherry: extraordinary!
BajanPrincess82
kinksncurls
Notthecoolmom
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
coilykinks
CocaColaCutie
jlowman1
freckledmom4
bholmes87
LadyMika
MellowOne
curlsunfurled
mstokes2008
blondie
Nikcoils
CurlsGalore
curly-me-naturally
priceless
BrownSkinDiva
missmoriah
Juices-n-Berries
sweetdrk1
WhosThatRedHead
QuietButterfly
SheeTacular
Intelligentbeauty
NubieNatty
Lynnieluve
Muz
TheRYL1
KinkyNappyHappy
BlondeByDesire
krazy coils
nattyblog
poeticlyspkng
swoodward
wyldhoney
CrissyQ
DvaAuNaturel
PaganWifey
61 posters

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 13 Empty Re: KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up!

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 29th August 2010, 11:02 am

LadyMika wrote:Wait, what?? A relaxer?? A BC?? Woman you better put Penny in some braids or twists and stop playin'! Don't make me get all Ike Turner up in here! Suspect

But seriously, I agree with KrazyCoils. Some cornrows, braids or even kinky twists will give you a break for a while. Definitely trim if your ends are looking a little thin. (Which reminds me...I need to trim my own hair. silent )

I don't wanna come back and see you with no BC to the white meat or a perm, ya hear?? I'll sick Cyrus on ya! Suspect (lol)

Hey LadyM...

Give Cyrus a hug for me!!! LOL I'm NOT going to perm my hair...I was just thinking about how easy it was to handle or style my relaxed hair vs now!! I guess I shouldn't have said that word up in here!! LOL

I agree I need to do something, so I plan to go to a natural salon within the next week or so,
and hopeful get Penny all coiled up!!

I may have to cut about 1 1/2 to 2 inches thought to remover the damaged/thin ends. Sad
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 13 Empty Re: KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up!

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 29th August 2010, 11:06 am

poeticlyspkng wrote:Well, I guess I don't have to echo everyone else in the room. No to anything that doesn't involve a visit to a natural salon or braids. It's ok to get frustrated and take a break. I've been there, done that. I often feel frustration and a hint of jealousy when I come on here and see how much time and effort some ladies have to spend on their hair. I not only don't have the time but also not the patience! I keep peeking though because maybe one day... Or at the least, I could let someone else do my hair for me. Either way, I always consider that I may just be going thru a phase and I might not feel the same in a month. So I monitor it and usually I find that the feeling has passed in a week or 2. In fact, I had mine straightened the last time I was feeling some kind of way about Thelma. So you hang in there, don't make any sudden moves!

Oh yeah, and LOL @ Crissy!

Hey Poetic...

I know...the last time I felt like this I got braids. However, I do remember missing my hair, so I would like to try another option. I plan to go to a natural salon and get my hair done in the next week or two. I think that will do it for me. Now that the colder months are just right around the corner this might just be the right time to try something new....

LOL & Crissy too!! She wasn't playing either!!! LOL
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 29th August 2010, 11:07 am

WhosThatRedHead wrote:
CrissyQ wrote:Yeah you better do something, coming in here talking about a perm. Evil or Very Mad

LadyMika wrote:Wait, what?? A relaxer?? A BC?? Woman you better put Penny in some braids or twists and stop playin'! Don't make me get all Ike Turner up in here! Suspect

But seriously, I agree with KrazyCoils. Some cornrows, braids or even kinky twists will give you a break for a while. Definitely trim if your ends are looking a little thin. (Which reminds me...I need to trim my own hair. silent )

I don't wanna come back and see you with no BC to the white meat or a perm, ya hear?? I'll sick Cyrus on ya! Suspect (lol)
That's funny.....folks are gonna call protective services on your for your hair if you get a relaxer!! lol
It will be okay.

Hey Red...

I know...its like naturals don't play and perm is a bad 4 letter word!!! lol!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by MellowOne 29th August 2010, 11:13 am

Hey KNH, I guess u do know how I feel lol. We will keep each other away from the creamy crack lol.
MellowOne
MellowOne

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 29th August 2010, 11:50 am

NubieNatty wrote:first of all i came in here to check on u and u up in here talkin bout BUYIN condish...AGAIN Evil or Very Mad didnt i JUST fire u up for the same thing like....ohhh last week Suspect stop the madness! u aint finished ne're bottle but not only that...now u talkin bout a BC!! between u, sweet n dva talkn all this BC talk now i want another one too!

this longer hair, more styling crap is for the birds and i wanna be easy breezy! before i do my amber rose im gonna have the side shorter n it longer at the top...a la anita baker back in the day!

Hey Nubieeeeeeee

Girl I'll buy a conditioner is a minute!! You know the benefits...MOISTURE!!! So I guess I'm hooked; great price, good ingredients I'm gonna buy!!! LOL So when you run low let me know and I'll send you what you need...ROTFLMBO

Yeah....I think BC was a word I used in frustration; however, I am going to HAVE to cute my ends..so I'll probable lose about inches. That's okay cause we are coming up on cooler month so I'll get that growth back and then some!!

Soo...shorter on the sides longer at the top, anita baker....I remember that style. I think that would look good on you!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 29th August 2010, 11:59 am

Lynnieluve wrote:I had to go back a few pages and I still am not caught up...LOL!!!

Everyone has fussed so I dont have too. I just cosign on getting your ends trimmed.

I hope you get your schedule (Xanders too) all figured out soon so you will be able to get your workouts in. I would be lost if I couldnt workout. LOL!!

I have been feeling lazy with Roxie. I want to do a few styles I've tried before (coils) but just feeling lazy. I've even found a new lazy protective style....the cinnabun...I think you would love it because it's a puff with a twist. Check out this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YETqzoMW8yQ

Yeah....I've been put on blast so I'm NOT going to bc, but I'm going to have to trim my ends. I hope no more than 2 inches, but I have to do what's best for Penny. I remember back in my permed days...the one thing that does carry over to natural hair; if your ends are damaged eventually those damaged ends have got to go!!! So I've got to do what will be best for Penny in the end.

THANK YOU so much for the video I love you you know who much I love puffs styles and I am so going to try this!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 29th August 2010, 12:57 pm

Happy Sunday Ladies!!!

WHEW....last week was such a busy week! Well early this week y'all know I had my styling issues, and I contribute that to the lack of time available to give Penny some TLC as well as being stuck in a styling rut. So...today my plan is get situated and read for this week so I won't be so tired!

I only worked out 1 day last week, and that is NOT good. So my goal is to get at least 3 days in this week. It is taking me a minute to get adjusted to Xander's school schedule and my new work environment, but I hope to get back on track asap!!

Today I will be attending a meet-up with NappyLoveHouston where we will have an opportunity to meet other naturals get a consultation from a natural hair stylist. There will be vendors there with jewelry and hair samples, food, entertainment and more. I will take plenty of pictures and share with you guys tonight.

Last night the drill team had to perform at our church's young adult retreat, and I saw Juices-n-Berries (JnB) yesterday. You know I'm so glad I got a chance to talk with her without rushing. Of course I didn't remember to take a picture because I was keep and eye on the kids and engaged in conversation with JnB. I love her hair..which she had styled in mini twists. Even with the shrinkage she was looking too cute!! They had a break in between sessions, but when we came back for the evening session JnB got to see Xander drill with the team. I can't wait to hear her feedback, and I get to see her again today at the meet-up. If she's not too tired!! Oh she took a picture of us together so maybe she'll post later.

Sorry for such a long post...I included a couple of pictures I managed to take from last week....

This is from the week of Aug 16th
KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 13 Dsci0517

This is from Thursday of last week...my puff is sooo dry!!! It felt like straw.
KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 13 Dsci0518

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 13 Dsci0519

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 13 Dsci0520

This is a picture of all of me with my matron sisters, our drill team director, and the young adult pastor...taken yesterday at the young adult retreat. My puff feels much better here..not as dry!
KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 13 Dsci0610

Until later!! Bye!

KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog 29th August 2010, 1:38 pm

Hey KNH! Stopping by to say hi! You are such a good neighbor. Smile But you don't have to visit me right away because I haven't done any new styles since the last one, lol! Trying to keep it in for at least two weeks. Looking for ways to get my scalp cleansed in between time...So, it's pretty boring over at my thread.

Anyway, you betta leave Penny alone!! She is flourishing and beautiful!! I love the color!
nattyblog
nattyblog

http://naturalgeek.onsugar.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kinksncurls 29th August 2010, 2:49 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:

Hey LadyM...

Give Cyrus a hug for me!!! LOL I'm NOT going to perm my hair...I was just thinking about how easy it was to handle or style my relaxed hair vs now!! I guess I shouldn't have said that word up in here!! LOL

I agree I need to do something, so I plan to go to a natural salon within the next week or so,

I may have to cut about 1 1/2 to 2 inches thought to remover the damaged/thin ends. Sad

I thought I was the ONLY one who had those thoughts! some days my hair drives me crazy and I think about it (the relaxer) but I'll won't do it. When I had a relaxer other than the four hours a month I spent in the chair, all I did was put five to ten minutes worth of time into styling and go. It definitely seems like more work to me now with my current length, but its a labor of love Smile are you planning on doing extension braids or natural braids? Because I can get my natural mini braids to last 4 weeks, i stretched it to six in the summer but they didn't look great
kinksncurls
kinksncurls

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 30th August 2010, 1:42 pm

nattyblog wrote:Hey KNH! Stopping by to say hi! You are such a good neighbor. Smile But you don't have to visit me right away because I haven't done any new styles since the last one, lol! Trying to keep it in for at least two weeks. Looking for ways to get my scalp cleansed in between time...So, it's pretty boring over at my thread.

Anyway, you betta leave Penny alone!! She is flourishing and beautiful!! I love the color!

Hey Nattyb...

Thanks hon, but I'm so coming to your house in a few. I lost your address and I've been looking around for you lost since yesterday!! scratch

Well...I figured out something yesterday as it relates to Penny. I think I can master some cute styles with her if I work with my hair semi dry/damp. I will explain later. I will have to trim for real, but bc...no I will not do that I was just having a bad day.

Thanks for the compliments....((hugs)) & I love you
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 30th August 2010, 1:47 pm

kinksncurls wrote:
KinkyNappyHappy wrote:

Hey LadyM...

I thought I was the ONLY one who had those thoughts! some days my hair drives me crazy and I think about it (the relaxer) but I'll won't do it. When I had a relaxer other than the four hours a month I spent in the chair, all I did was put five to ten minutes worth of time into styling and go. It definitely seems like more work to me now with my current length, but its a labor of love Smile are you planning on doing extension braids or natural braids? Because I can get my natural mini braids to last 4 weeks, i stretched it to six in the summer but they didn't look great

Hey KnC

I was thinking about that on my drive into work. I think I'm going to try different styles with my own hair. Like flat twists and continue to do twists in protective styles. I will only braid or cornrow my hair in June when I go to competition with my church's drill team. I really don't have time to do anything with my hair during that week. I just need to set aside time when I can take my time and style my hair, and I think I will be pleased with my results.

I saw your pictures from your vacation, and your mini twists held up well!! The thought of putting the creamy crack back on Penny would give me heart attack for real. I was just thinking about how easier is was to style my hair back then. Just a moment of crazy reflection....LOL
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 30th August 2010, 3:23 pm

So as you can see I've been posting my butt off. My co-worker the one that is training me just got to work..so I've been having some fun this morning. But now that she's here I've got to go get some work don now.....however, I'll be back tonight!!!

I'm so enjoying my day!! dance How about you???

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by BajanPrincess82 30th August 2010, 3:49 pm

I live in Houston too and recognize some of the ladies in the picture. Do you go to Fountain of Praise? JnB invited me a little while ago and I've been attending services. I'm so mad I didn't know about the Nappy Love Houston meetup group! I just went and signed up so I will be there at future meetups!
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 31st August 2010, 12:52 am

Penny looks great!! Love the puff with bangs. Very pretty!!
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by BrownSkinDiva 31st August 2010, 8:55 am

Penny looks awesome sis!!! i love the color too, but I always have Smile

Okay sis, we gotta keep each other lifted in this workout regimen...even if you can just do some squats or push ups at the house (or jumpin jacks), gotta make sure we get them done Smile I plan on checking in and trying to keep you motivated!!!

Have a great week!
BrownSkinDiva
BrownSkinDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 31st August 2010, 12:29 pm

MellowOne wrote:Hey KNH, I guess u do know how I feel lol. We will keep each other away from the creamy crack lol.

Yes ma'am I do. We can be each others support system!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 31st August 2010, 12:36 pm

BajanPrincess82 wrote:I live in Houston too and recognize some of the ladies in the picture. Do you go to Fountain of Praise? JnB invited me a little while ago and I've been attending services. I'm so mad I didn't know about the Nappy Love Houston meetup group! I just went and signed up so I will be there at future meetups!

Yes I do attend the Fountain of Praise. I've seen JnB a couple of times, in fact I just saw her at the young adult retreat last weekend. Nappy Love Houston was the first Natural organization I joined. That group is near and very dear to my heart, and Shelia is a very sweet lady. I was suppose to attend the pamper hair meet-up, but I lost my drivers license..so when JnB called me to see if I was coming I was at home tearing up my house looking for my license. SMH

I hope to see you at the next meet-up we really have a lot of fun, and the ladies are very nice!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 31st August 2010, 12:36 pm

Intelligentbeauty wrote:Penny looks great!! Love the puff with bangs. Very pretty!!

Thanks IB!!! I'm loving your coils!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 31st August 2010, 12:38 pm

BrownSkinDiva wrote:Penny looks awesome sis!!! i love the color too, but I always have Smile

Okay sis, we gotta keep each other lifted in this workout regimen...even if you can just do some squats or push ups at the house (or jumpin jacks), gotta make sure we get them done Smile I plan on checking in and trying to keep you motivated!!!

Have a great week!

Thanks BSD...

I need all the pushing I can get. I was late this morning and missed the TurboKickBoxing class. I was so out done!!! This schedule I'm on is killing me. I can't seem to get enough rest! When I can't make it I'm going to pull out a tape....maybe my hip hop abs CD.

Thanks for the encourgement. I'll keep checking in with you and I know that will motivate me!!

Love yah!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 31st August 2010, 12:43 pm

Today is not only Tuesday, August 31st, but Penny is 11 months old today!!! woot!

WOW in 30 more days I will be celebrating Penny's 1 year natural anniversary. WOW....who would have thought it!!! dance

Well...I will make sure to take pictures in a second and try to log on tonight and post.

Have a Terrific Tuesday Ladies!! run

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 31st August 2010, 1:00 pm

Are you sure? LOL!! In your signature, it says Penny is 10 months old. LOL!!

Either way, Congratulations!!! KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 13 Icon_lol
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry: extraordinary! 31st August 2010, 1:09 pm

Congrats on your 11 months!!! cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 31st August 2010, 1:42 pm

congrats, yes I got your PM. Thanks for the ear. flower
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 31st August 2010, 1:44 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:Are you sure? LOL!! In your signature, it says Penny is 10 months old. LOL!!

Either way, Congratulations!!! KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 13 Icon_lol

Heck no!!! ROTFL....so are we in September or August. I'm cracking up over here!!! She's only 10 months..WHEW. See my schedule is really catching up with me!!!

THANKS!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 31st August 2010, 1:45 pm

Cherry: extraordinary! wrote:Congrats on your 11 months!!! cheers

Thanks CherryE...even if its 10 months..LOL
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next