CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up!

+57
Renny
naturallychelsea
Treece
MomnWife
jeanlouisangel
MsJay1121
Fabulousat50
mrsmackey
cyclingchick
LaToya28
KeAnia
CocoEuro
ChrsLvsBks
Hurricane Curly
iri9109
NhappyJackie
Cherry: extraordinary!
BajanPrincess82
kinksncurls
Notthecoolmom
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
coilykinks
CocaColaCutie
jlowman1
freckledmom4
bholmes87
LadyMika
MellowOne
curlsunfurled
mstokes2008
blondie
Nikcoils
CurlsGalore
curly-me-naturally
priceless
BrownSkinDiva
missmoriah
Juices-n-Berries
sweetdrk1
WhosThatRedHead
QuietButterfly
SheeTacular
Intelligentbeauty
NubieNatty
Lynnieluve
Muz
TheRYL1
KinkyNappyHappy
BlondeByDesire
krazy coils
nattyblog
poeticlyspkng
swoodward
wyldhoney
CrissyQ
DvaAuNaturel
PaganWifey
61 posters

Page 15 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 40  Next

Go down

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 15 Empty Re: KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up!

Post by NubieNatty 3rd September 2010, 12:47 pm

ok so i must confess...i dont like my puffs becuz i hate how my puff ball feels dry later in the day, so how or what do u do or use to keep the puff moisturized???

and i see u suckered outta ur BC n talkin bout trimming the ends :7 sucka!!

as far as my stash Embarassed umm...yea...abouuuut that!! dont worry im gonna need to revamp becuz my bathroom space is already filled to capacity and i already started putting stuff in mason's. he opened his linen closet n said "mommy why ur stuff in my bathroom" Shocked

i like the Bee Mine esp the results from the curly pudding but i got build up; like sticky buildup but it wasnt itchy scratch weird!!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 15 Empty Re: KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up!

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 4th September 2010, 9:49 am

CrissyQ wrote:Hey,

I love both styles. My hair is so strange, I have been natural almost 6 months without a perm for 8 months and it still looks like I have a twa scratch My curls are really tight, when I streatch them I am like wow, is it really this long? I can still use the same products but just have to use more, I am sure it due to the thickness of it.

Penny is still looking good, have a good friday.

Hey Crissy!

Thanks girl....I which I had thickness, but I work with what I got. Have you taken length check pictures lately. I bet your hair has really grown.

So we are counting down to 9-11 Very Happy
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 4th September 2010, 9:51 am

NhappyJackie wrote:You did really good on those flat twist and the twist out in the front is so defined. What did you use on it? Forget that, the products really don't matter because your hair looks soo good!!!!

Hey NhappyJackie...

Thanks girl...I used EcoCustard on my twists. (ecostyle gel mixed with oils) It really defines my twists, but I think I use a little too much sometimes...LOL

I love your coils. I've tried to do a couple, but I don't think my hair is thick enough for coils. scratch

Anywho...thanks for stopping by!!! **waving**
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 4th September 2010, 9:56 am

NubieNatty wrote:ok so i must confess...i dont like my puffs becuz i hate how my puff ball feels dry later in the day, so how or what do u do or use to keep the puff moisturized???

and i see u suckered outta ur BC n talkin bout trimming the ends :7 sucka!!

as far as my stash Embarassed umm...yea...abouuuut that!! dont worry im gonna need to revamp becuz my bathroom space is already filled to capacity and i already started putting stuff in mason's. he opened his linen closet n said "mommy why ur stuff in my bathroom" Shocked

i like the Bee Mine esp the results from the curly pudding but i got build up; like sticky buildup but it wasnt itchy scratch weird!!

My puff was feeling dry about two weeks ago. I think it has to do with the weather we are having. I use Qhemet HC and Balm on my puff and usually I don't have to do a thing for moisture, but here lately I have been experiencing real dry hair. So I've been using Uncle Funky's Thristy Curls and that wake my puff up in the mornings!! Not as moist as it use to be, but I think when the cold weather comes back that issue will be resloved!!

Yeah...you are so wrong for taking up space in mason's bathroom. (love the fact you gave mason your last name as his first name) I didn't experience build-up with Bee Mine...interesting. (still eying that DC) LOL

KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 4th September 2010, 10:15 am

correction: i know my fb confuses alot of people and i often get the question: did u get married? well, my last name is Monagan (irish down the line scratch ) and when i set up my fb page i have NO idea how my last name ended up to be mason confused but ive been too lazy to change it, lol.

with the BM, i had that type of guck under my nails when i scratched my head and i didnt like that. i will however keep the hair milk n spritz though...and MAAAAAYBE the moisturizer too...oh i just HATE to part wit my my stash Sad
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 4th September 2010, 10:20 am

Well...I woke up this morning still irritated from last night. I was involved in a FSRI (Failure to Stop and Render Information) This man hit me last night knocked my side mirror off on the driver's side of my truck...he had been drinking and driving his company's truck.

This happened (about 10:30pm) as I was on my way to pick up lemon juice for my henna!!! I was dealing with this crap for about 2 hrs. See below....

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 15 Dsci0615

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 15 Dsci0616

The first picture is a my truck; the second picture is that (can't find the right word to put here) that hit me driving off!!

Let me tell you that Xander is my hero!!! I was taking pictures and my hero was putting the licence plates number in his phone. It took the police (they are so worthless) about 15 minutes to come. I mean I was on a dark street and the first 3 came asking me questions about the guy that hit men and wanted to know how long ago did he leave....so they drive off (yes they left me on the side of the road alone) to chase after the guy!!! I'm like REALLY!!!

So someone finally comes and takes the reports. So..now I'm looking at a few decisions I need to make...1 is the damage more than my deductible(sp?) 2 do I file with my insurance company and get points against me for a no fault accident?

Well the first thing I'm going to do today....is drive by the company (oh did I say that this guy was driving his company's truck?) I've looked all of this up on the internet. I'm going to contact a lawyer...and see what I should do!!

So I'm looking a several things...the guy was driving a company truck, he had been drinking, he fail to stop and render information and I have a picture of him driving off. Xander and I could have been attacked on the side of that road and he left!!! Also, I'm going to report the 4 officers that showed up and left.... No So I have a lot to do today!!! LOL

I'm so out done right now....but I thank God that it wasn't a situation where I was hit just so I would pull over and get jacked!!! In the mist of all of this mess I'm grateful that God kept me and Xander safe from harm.

No new hair news...going to do a henna this weekend if I can ever get my lemon juice...LOL

Have a great day ladies!!

KNH

Guess what...I noticed after I posted the pictures you can see the plate number on the truck. Boy he is do going to be in big trouble with his job!!! I'm am not going to let this go y'all!!!

Last edited by KinkyNappyHappy on 4th September 2010, 10:22 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : check out the last picture)
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by iri9109 4th September 2010, 11:08 am

awww sorry to hear about your accident...but im glad you and ur son are ok.

when i got in my accident i thought it was gonna be a hit & run too bc the man ran the light hit me and kept going halfway down the next street..all my doors were jammed shut and my windows were blown out so i was just starin out the door frame lookin helpless n hopin someone would help...my phone died so i couldnt call anyone or take pics if i wanted to, but luckily this other guy let me use his phone to call my dad and 911 and i gave him a pen and paper and he went and got the mans insurance info...

the dude who hit u was so stupid for drinking and driving, and then hitting you in a company car...and how does he plan to explain the damage to the company??? atleast you got all his info though. my dads friends neighbor hit my dads car while it was parked and crushed and scratched up the front, and luckily my dad took pics and called the police (it took like 3hrs for them to come!!) b/c the next morning the guy who hit him took his car to the shop to get it fixed so there would be no evidence...smh
iri9109
iri9109

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 4th September 2010, 1:25 pm

Hey KNH,
I've missed a lot with you and Penny. Congrats on the 10 month anniversary. Penny is looking marvelous. I really like the pinup style and your puffs always look the best.

Glad you are back into your workout routine. With the classes you have planned you'll drop 12 lbs. in no time.

Hope the new job is going well.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 4th September 2010, 2:08 pm

Hey KNH!

Sorry about your accident but I hope everything works out. Its a good thing that Xander was able to get pics of his license plate. I'm glad it wasn't anything more serious since he was drinking and driving. TTYL
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 4th September 2010, 10:59 pm

Sorry about the accident! The mirror can be replaced, you and baby boy can not. God is good! Now as fir Mr drunk a$$ he will get his, don't cha just love technology?

Now back to you and Penny! Honey, I love that profile pic! You have been doing it up! Congrats on your tenth month!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 5th September 2010, 11:05 am

Well....I kinda cut my hair. I was trying to do finger coils and those thin ends got on my nerves!! So...I've got to make an appointment with a professional to even things up. affraid

I'll do a length check tonight so I'll be ready for the 3 month growth challenge tomorrow!!

Happy Sunday Ladies!!

KNH

KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 5th September 2010, 11:19 am

Glad you and your son is ok, Girl people who drink and drive should be put under the jail. I was involved with a hit in the beginning of this year and he was drunk and he did stop. When the cops came he said that I hit him, but yu could clearly see the damage to my car. Any who i did not report it to my insurance company but to his and they paid for my damages and 300.00 extra because I had my kids in the car.

Hope you get your lemon juice for you henna, I am going to get my ends trimmed on my 6th month, and I will do a length check tonight for the challege. happy growing
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Curly 5th September 2010, 11:36 am

Congrats on your anniversary woot!
Your flat twist and twist out in the front look great. I love the definition Very Happy
Hurricane Curly
Hurricane Curly

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 5th September 2010, 11:16 pm

Hey KNH! So glad you're ok after that accident! Thank God you were not seriously hurt! Girl, milk his insurance company dry for that ish! Congrats on your 10 month anniversary!
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 6th September 2010, 2:07 am

wow! glad it wasnt more serious than the mirror. this fool was in a COMPANY truck n drunk. so how'd u know he was drunk? did he get out n stumble or something then got back in n drove off? thats friggin crazy...i wonder how u can prove he was drunk scratch and the cops should be ashamed of themselves Mad what the heck are they serving n PROTECTING by leavin u on the side of the friggin road. jerks!!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 6th September 2010, 10:27 am

I'm glad you are ok. Like Sweet said the mirror can be replaced, but not a life.

Penny is always looking fabulous ... Happy Anniversary
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 6th September 2010, 10:37 am

Okay, how the heck did I miss your post about the accident when I posted yesterday afteroon. scratch

Anyway, thank God you and your son were okay. What's up with Houston's finest just leaving you there? Sounds like they were more focused on the chase of ctatching a drunk driver than helping the victim.

Sue, sue, sue! I was hit before, in the first car I purchased all on my own, by a guy who was driving his company's delivery truck. I was rearended so hard that I was had to do some physical therapy for a few months. When the cops came out (in Raleigh, NC) I had my puppy in the car in his crate. Girl, the police picked him up and said he's scared and shaking. The cop was smiling and said my pupppy was in shock because he had the hicccups like crazy. I remember that accident like yesterday. And to make it worse, since I lived near the university and I think the guy was a student I saw him riding past me one day while I'm standing at the damn bus stop on my way to work. I was pissed. Me and my girlfriend who was in the car got nice settlements from that. And I'm not a suing type of person but it was blatant negligence.

I'm just glad you all were okay though really. Drunk driving accidents often don't result in minor damage. Oh, and he pulled off....go get his a%$!!

DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by BrownSkinDiva 6th September 2010, 11:19 am

Hey Sis, first off I must say this avi pic is really cute!!!

Im sorry about that jerk that hit your side window, that really blows and Im very grateful that he didnt hit you!! Im super glad you got that plate number too girl!!!

Hope youre enjoying your weekend, dont let the devil steal your joy sis Smile

BrownSkinDiva
BrownSkinDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 6th September 2010, 12:21 pm

Wow. Drinking + driving + company vehicle = DOUCHE. He'll get his, especially since there's evidence to back up what happened. So glad you and Xander are alright though. I guess it wasn't meant for you to get that lemon juice yet! Laughing Enjoy your Monday! Smile
LadyMika
LadyMika

http://metalkink.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 7th September 2010, 12:24 am

glad everything turn out the way it did with no injuries. glad you was able to get all the information needed for a good case. That lemon juice wasn't meant to be for that night.
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 7th September 2010, 12:44 am

BlondeByDesire wrote:I'm glad you are ok. Like Sweet said the mirror can be replaced, but not a life.

Penny is always looking fabulous ... Happy Anniversary

DITTO THAT!!
Very Happy
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 7th September 2010, 5:27 pm

iri9109 wrote:awww sorry to hear about your accident...but im glad you and ur son are ok.

when i got in my accident i thought it was gonna be a hit & run too bc the man ran the light hit me and kept going halfway down the next street..all my doors were jammed shut and my windows were blown out so i was just starin out the door frame lookin helpless n hopin someone would help...my phone died so i couldnt call anyone or take pics if i wanted to, but luckily this other guy let me use his phone to call my dad and 911 and i gave him a pen and paper and he went and got the mans insurance info...

the dude who hit u was so stupid for drinking and driving, and then hitting you in a company car...and how does he plan to explain the damage to the company??? atleast you got all his info though. my dads friends neighbor hit my dads car while it was parked and crushed and scratched up the front, and luckily my dad took pics and called the police (it took like 3hrs for them to come!!) b/c the next morning the guy who hit him took his car to the shop to get it fixed so there would be no evidence...smh

Hey iri9109

You know some people are interesting. I'm glad you weren't hurt, but did that person not think about stopping and rending aid? I mean really!! As you can see I'm still pist about this mess, but I'm glad you wern't seriously hurt, and I'm glad your did had the patience to wait on the people. It took that officer so long to do my report I almost told her to forget!! LOL

Thanks for stopping by!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 7th September 2010, 5:50 pm

DvaAuNaturel wrote:Hey KNH,
I've missed a lot with you and Penny. Congrats on the 10 month anniversary. Penny is looking marvelous. I really like the pinup style and your puffs always look the best.

Glad you are back into your workout routine. With the classes you have planned you'll drop 12 lbs. in no time.

Hope the new job is going well.

Thanks Dva....I really like wearing puffs, and now I'm dealing with loose curls in the front and back because of...you guess it HENNA...LOL I'm not made,but right now with the loose curl pattern I really rock the puff the best. I co-wash on Wednesday, but I think I'm going to do a bentonite clay treatment in about 3 weeks and see if that will help with the loose curls.

Boy the trials and tribulations of natural hair...don't you love it!!! I really love your hair for real girl!! LOOKING GOOD Dva!!!!!

Oh...I'm still struggling to get back into my 3 days a week. So that 12 lbs will take some time...LOL
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 7th September 2010, 5:53 pm

CrissyQ wrote:Glad you and your son is ok, Girl people who drink and drive should be put under the jail. I was involved with a hit in the beginning of this year and he was drunk and he did stop. When the cops came he said that I hit him, but yu could clearly see the damage to my car. Any who i did not report it to my insurance company but to his and they paid for my damages and 300.00 extra because I had my kids in the car.

Hope you get your lemon juice for you henna, I am going to get my ends trimmed on my 6th month, and I will do a length check tonight for the challege. happy growing

Hey Crissy Q....

Girl...God was watching over us for real, and check is out; I had enough lemon juice at home to do my henna so I went through all that for nothing!! LOL

I'll post my length check tonight even though I'm going to get my ends trimmed next week. I am going to do protective style for the entire 3 months. I just want to see what type of growth I'll have.

I can't wait to see you length check...I been reading your posting and I know you have at least 5 inches now!!

KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 7th September 2010, 5:55 pm

DvaAuNaturel wrote:Okay, how the heck did I miss your post about the accident when I posted yesterday afteroon. scratch

Anyway, thank God you and your son were okay. What's up with Houston's finest just leaving you there? Sounds like they were more focused on the chase of ctatching a drunk driver than helping the victim.

Sue, sue, sue! I was hit before, in the first car I purchased all on my own, by a guy who was driving his company's delivery truck. I was rearended so hard that I was had to do some physical therapy for a few months. When the cops came out (in Raleigh, NC) I had my puppy in the car in his crate. Girl, the police picked him up and said he's scared and shaking. The cop was smiling and said my pupppy was in shock because he had the hicccups like crazy. I remember that accident like yesterday. And to make it worse, since I lived near the university and I think the guy was a student I saw him riding past me one day while I'm standing at the damn bus stop on my way to work. I was pissed. Me and my girlfriend who was in the car got nice settlements from that. And I'm not a suing type of person but it was blatant negligence.

I'm just glad you all were okay though really. Drunk driving accidents often don't result in minor damage. Oh, and he pulled off....go get his a%$!!

I know...God had his arms of protection around us that night. All I really want is my truck fixed...if his company does that and put him on some kind of write up...I'll be happy with that. If not....I'm going to get paid for real!! Yes ma'am!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 40  Next