CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Priceless: ITS BEEN A YEAR BEING NATURAL AHHHH I LOVE IT

+33
Intelligentbeauty
WhosThatRedHead
Fabulousat50
curly-me-naturally
curlsunfurled
coilykinks
iri9109
nattyblog
LadyMika
CrissyQ
LaToya28
QuietButterfly
ChrsLvsBks
Nikcoils
CocaColaCutie
Serenity23
CocoEuro
DvaAuNaturel
TheRYL1
AfrikanLatina
Juices-n-Berries
krazy coils
Lynnieluve
jlowman1
NubieNatty
sweetdrk1
poeticlyspkng
bholmes87
dajewel
KinkyNappyHappy
CurlsGalore
ktoliver5303
priceless
37 posters

Page 4 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next

Go down

Priceless: ITS BEEN A YEAR BEING NATURAL AHHHH I LOVE IT - Page 4 Empty Re: Priceless: ITS BEEN A YEAR BEING NATURAL AHHHH I LOVE IT

Post by priceless 9th June 2010, 2:27 am

ok ladies I am joining curly-me-naturally challenge to get fit. My goals is to get rid of my little handles on my sides and to flatten my tummy.

I am going to start by first just drinking water for one week nothing else. I saw a thread that some naturals have started and I was late reading it but I am going to try it any way.

I love the zumba class at my gym but of course my busy scheduling does not always give me the opportunity to get to the gym.

Now working out I do not really know what my routine is going to be but I will start something.
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Priceless: ITS BEEN A YEAR BEING NATURAL AHHHH I LOVE IT - Page 4 Empty Re: Priceless: ITS BEEN A YEAR BEING NATURAL AHHHH I LOVE IT

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 9th June 2010, 8:40 am

Morning Priceless..

I'm going to join the challenge...I do lose focus on most of these challenges, but I hope to keep up with this one since I'll be working out it should be easy to track my progress!!! Simple right? I hope so!!

Have a great day!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Priceless: ITS BEEN A YEAR BEING NATURAL AHHHH I LOVE IT - Page 4 Empty D.R. & Koils by Nature

Post by ChrsLvsBks 9th June 2010, 9:59 am

I remember the small islet in the middle of the ocean. I was too scared to snorkel around since the waves were a bit choppy. I visited Puerto Plata for my honeymoon in March 2009.

I have tried the KbN products. They are very good. I did my twists in November with the butter and gel. You can see the pictures in my November fotki album.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 10th June 2010, 10:49 pm

@chrs the weaves were not to high this time. if they were high i probably would have never went. My husband was so scared to get out there that he did not go far at all. Our guided got me to go far I would have never went without him. when I realized how far i was i almost panicked

@KNH I hope i do not lose my focus cause i tend to do that also
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 10th June 2010, 11:08 pm

So i pretty much have been giving up on miss jessies products cause i was not getting the results i want. But this weekend I tried the miss jessie's quick curls. I only tired it cause i realized that I had it from when I BC'd. My pops brought it for me along with some other products to get me excited of a new look. Anyway I have to say that I like it. I cowashed with yes to tomates put a little HEHH in as a leave in and put that on top. My curls actually poped with a little help to of the eco styler in my edges.
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 10th June 2010, 11:14 pm

I still have not tried the deep conditioner but I will be trying that when i henna this wknd.
Is the rapid recovery a good DC when you henna? have anyone tried it?
Do you change your regimen and/or routine now that the weather is hotter?
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by QuietButterfly 11th June 2010, 1:03 am

Hi Priceless,

Your make-up looks good, looks like you're an old pro.....I'm trying to get on your level Priceless: ITS BEEN A YEAR BEING NATURAL AHHHH I LOVE IT - Page 4 Icon_smile
QuietButterfly
QuietButterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 11th June 2010, 1:10 am

QuietButterfly wrote:Hi Priceless,

Your make-up looks good, looks like you're an old pro.....I'm trying to get on your level Priceless: ITS BEEN A YEAR BEING NATURAL AHHHH I LOVE IT - Page 4 Icon_smile

Thanks for the compliment but believe it or not I just started wearing make up like last year. I been on youtube hard looking at how to apply make up. when I am bored I just play with what I got.
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 11th June 2010, 1:18 am

Ok so I just read a post on how to tell what your hair likes and dislike. I am glad that I found it because it put a couple of things in perspective. Miss jessie curly pudding by it self after a wash in go is over moisturizing my hair. My hair is soft but so mushy after using that stuff. all the conditioners that I have tried have been good so far. Now have to try to do research on how to figure out the other stuff of what works and don't work.
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Priceless: ITS BEEN A YEAR BEING NATURAL AHHHH I LOVE IT - Page 4 Empty wanted my TWA to pop

Post by priceless 12th June 2010, 12:32 am

Henna, I was so curious and thought that i needed to wait for drama to get longer. I finally decided to do it tonight. I had help, my dad girl help me. she made sure that it was all the way through drama, saturated the mess out of her. Lets see what's the hype about. I left the cord to the camera in the car, hence I have some pictures coming. Priceless: ITS BEEN A YEAR BEING NATURAL AHHHH I LOVE IT - Page 4 Icon_bounce I will post in the am car down the street not going to walk tonight. I really hope that it works for me I will be leaving it in my hair over night if I can stand it.
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 12th June 2010, 12:04 pm

Oooooh! I can't wait to see your results! I'm a little scared of henna, but I've been strongly considering it. I have henna stashed away and I'm just waiting to use it! Please share your mix and routine, if you don't mind.
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 12th June 2010, 2:24 pm

Ok so this is what I did witht he henna

I brewed 2 cups of green tea
I poured the henna mix in a bowl and mixed the two slowerly until i got the mash potatoe consistency
I left and ran to two stores was gone about a hour and came back
jumped in the shower cowashed with organix mandarin olive oil conditioner
once out I added the 2 tea spoons of honey and had my father's girlfriend put the mix in my hair
once finished I put a plastic cap on my head a silk scarf and my satin bonnet and left it for the night
When i woke up in the am I did notice that I had crumb like substance on the pillow but i made sure that i had the pillow cover with a old towel any way
@ like 11am this morning i rinsed it out
I was scared that it would get all over the place but it actually did not get all over the place. I made sure that I had a plastic cup so once i did the intial rinse i can splash water over it and that actual worked for me
once i cowashed like 6 times i did not see the traces of the henna no wear around the bathroom
(remember I have a TWA so it was not a alot of hair I washed out, hence not to much splatter)

I am sitting right now with miss jessie's rapid recovery and shea butter in my hair been in for about a hr

Be back to tell you all how it turned out after that oh and got the cord out the car so will be uploading the pics
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 12th June 2010, 2:38 pm

i cant wait to see ur results and tell me how u like (or dislike) the rapid recovery too Priceless: ITS BEEN A YEAR BEING NATURAL AHHHH I LOVE IT - Page 4 Icon_bounce

i couldnt get wit the MJ quick curls...uh it did nothing for me. i do want to try the curly pudding but i'll have to get it for their next BOGO sale.
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 12th June 2010, 2:55 pm

the before pics 100 % dry
Priceless: ITS BEEN A YEAR BEING NATURAL AHHHH I LOVE IT - Page 4 Dsc_0023

Priceless: ITS BEEN A YEAR BEING NATURAL AHHHH I LOVE IT - Page 4 Dsc_0024

Priceless: ITS BEEN A YEAR BEING NATURAL AHHHH I LOVE IT - Page 4 Dsc_0025

Henna fully in head

Priceless: ITS BEEN A YEAR BEING NATURAL AHHHH I LOVE IT - Page 4 Dsc_0026

Priceless: ITS BEEN A YEAR BEING NATURAL AHHHH I LOVE IT - Page 4 Dsc_0027

Priceless: ITS BEEN A YEAR BEING NATURAL AHHHH I LOVE IT - Page 4 Dsc_0028

About to wash it out now
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 12th June 2010, 2:57 pm

ur hair looks good dry! all them products u been buying...its workin!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 12th June 2010, 8:53 pm

naked hair after the henna and dc

Priceless: ITS BEEN A YEAR BEING NATURAL AHHHH I LOVE IT - Page 4 Dsc_0030

Priceless: ITS BEEN A YEAR BEING NATURAL AHHHH I LOVE IT - Page 4 Dsc_0031

New style, I let my step sis experiment she is natural also going about the wrong way with weaves and heat. She has been natural for a couple years now and really never did no research about it. I told her about this site and told her to sign up for it. we will see if she actually does.

Priceless: ITS BEEN A YEAR BEING NATURAL AHHHH I LOVE IT - Page 4 Dsc_0032

Priceless: ITS BEEN A YEAR BEING NATURAL AHHHH I LOVE IT - Page 4 Dsc_0034

Priceless: ITS BEEN A YEAR BEING NATURAL AHHHH I LOVE IT - Page 4 Dsc_0035

Priceless: ITS BEEN A YEAR BEING NATURAL AHHHH I LOVE IT - Page 4 Dsc_0033

Priceless: ITS BEEN A YEAR BEING NATURAL AHHHH I LOVE IT - Page 4 Dsc_0036

Priceless: ITS BEEN A YEAR BEING NATURAL AHHHH I LOVE IT - Page 4 Kopfschuettel Excuse the neck i need a line up
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 12th June 2010, 8:58 pm

I have to say that i do like how my twist come out with shea. the front is a twist out with shea. i only left the twist in there for like 15 mins and then unraveled them. After all the work i did to the hair in the last two days I did not want to twist the whole middle of my hair. I know lazy Priceless: ITS BEEN A YEAR BEING NATURAL AHHHH I LOVE IT - Page 4 Icon_sad
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 12th June 2010, 9:41 pm

Henna results:

I like how it feels as in softness but when i rinsed before the DC it was straw like. Once i dc'd with miss jessie's rapid recovery hair did not have that much slip. Drama was dry not as dry as after the henna. I feel like my hair has fullness but not really a difference in the curl. The color show a little in the sun
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 12th June 2010, 9:45 pm

NubieNatty wrote:ur hair looks good dry! all them products u been buying...its workin!

Thanks the problem with all these products i mix up what i use so often that i can't figure out what works together.
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 12th June 2010, 10:07 pm

Your hair looks great! You have good curl definition and I like that style. I think I'm gonna steal it Priceless: ITS BEEN A YEAR BEING NATURAL AHHHH I LOVE IT - Page 4 Icon_smile

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 12th June 2010, 10:20 pm

I can definitely see the curl definition and the twists on the side are cute!
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 13th June 2010, 4:38 pm

LaToya28 wrote:Your hair looks great! You have good curl definition and I like that style. I think I'm gonna steal it Priceless: ITS BEEN A YEAR BEING NATURAL AHHHH I LOVE IT - Page 4 Icon_smile

you can I really don't mine

krazy coils wrote:I can definitely see the curl definition and the twists on the side are cute!

Thanks

My head is still itching after I henna'ed I jus put some tea tree oil jojoboa oil and castor oil mix on it cause it was driving me crazy. I don't know if I like the miss jessie's rapid recovery it did not made my my hair that soft at all. but I may try it again at a later date.
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 14th June 2010, 5:06 pm

priceless wrote:I have to say that i do like how my twist come out with shea. the front is a twist out with shea. i only left the twist in there for like 15 mins and then unraveled them. After all the work i did to the hair in the last two days I did not want to twist the whole middle of my hair. I know lazy Priceless: ITS BEEN A YEAR BEING NATURAL AHHHH I LOVE IT - Page 4 Icon_sad

I love your new style! I 've done that before did half of the flat twist and then just put the rest up in a bun cause my arms were tired and never finished the rest. Priceless: ITS BEEN A YEAR BEING NATURAL AHHHH I LOVE IT - Page 4 Icon_redface
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 14th June 2010, 5:36 pm

Hi, just stopping by. how did you like your results? will you do it again?
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 14th June 2010, 10:06 pm

npmoore04 wrote:
priceless wrote:I have to say that i do like how my twist come out with shea. the front is a twist out with shea. i only left the twist in there for like 15 mins and then unraveled them. After all the work i did to the hair in the last two days I did not want to twist the whole middle of my hair. I know lazy Priceless: ITS BEEN A YEAR BEING NATURAL AHHHH I LOVE IT - Page 4 Icon_sad

I love your new style! I 've done that before did half of the flat twist and then just put the rest up in a bun cause my arms were tired and never finished the rest. Priceless: ITS BEEN A YEAR BEING NATURAL AHHHH I LOVE IT - Page 4 Icon_redface

thanks I have been getting a couple of compliments on it on the street

CrissyQ wrote:Hi, just stopping by. how did you like your results? will you do it again?

I would try the henna again but may change what I mix it with it was itching for 3 days I washed it til it was clear but when i DC it was still a little in there again so don't know where that came from. I also rinsed like 2 days later and i again seen traces of it so maybe it was itchy cause i didn't get it out right.
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next