CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ahhhh...I love shampoo day

+5
Emartini04
ebonediva
rayray19
creolebeauty1
MrsJones
9 posters

Go down

Ahhhh...I love shampoo day Empty Ahhhh...I love shampoo day

Post by MrsJones 13th December 2010, 10:33 pm

Just got through shampooing my hair. I'm about rinse out my DC. I began transitioning in September, and I never used to give my hair as much TLC as I do now.

I cleanse with Organix Tea Tree sulfate free shampoo
Condition with HEHH and Cantu conditioners
Deep treat with Lustrasilk Herbal Colesteral mixed with a few other ingredients
Apply cantu leave in and a little more HH, then seal with my choice oil or moisturizer

Post your routines ladies!
MrsJones
MrsJones

Back to top Go down

Ahhhh...I love shampoo day Empty Re: Ahhhh...I love shampoo day

Post by MrsJones 13th December 2010, 11:11 pm

Bump!
MrsJones
MrsJones

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 13th December 2010, 11:42 pm

my routine is since my hair hate shampoo i use black soap to clean my hair
than i DC with Giovanni 50/50 balance , i add honey and EVOO to it , than i rinse it with cold water and i follow with my leave in conditioner i use giovanni direct leave in that i mix with aloe vera juice and Castor or olive oil , i seal it in with wild growth oil or any other oil than braided it up for a week i spritz my hair with water and seal with oil every other day while it's in the cornrows , than after a week i take down my braids spritz my hair with water and apply my whipped shea buttter to it and cornrow it for another week
Whipped shea butter is made with
jojoba oil , castor oil , avocado oil , coconut oil (when it's warm ) aloe vera gel , honey
Smile
that's my crazy transitioning routine Smile
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsJones 13th December 2010, 11:47 pm

I want to buy more oils myself, but they are so expensive! I spent $12.99 on my coconut oil at gnc, and that is the only one I have so far. I mix it with my shea butter for a sealant and it works well for me. Hopefully I will get more oils soon.
MrsJones
MrsJones

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 13th December 2010, 11:53 pm

I get my oils and most of my products from Vitacost.com, try buttersandbars.com, and traderjoes and whole food i find their oils a bit cheaper as well i got my coconut oil from whole food for 6 dollars
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsJones 13th December 2010, 11:55 pm

Darnm I wish we had a trader joe's or wholefoods in oklahoma city but it sucks here. Lol
MrsJones
MrsJones

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 13th December 2010, 11:59 pm

My wash day routine consist of:

-washing with shampoo (Shea Moisture)
-Then apply my DC which has avocado/oils/honey/aubrey honeysuckle rose conditioner..I get lazy at this step and usually don't rinse my DC out until 3-4 hrs later or DC overnight
-before i rinse my DC out I apply more conditioner and de-tangle my hair
-I rinse my hair out in cold water (which i hate doing!!)
-then I moisturized and seal my hair and begin the styling session..which all i do is band my hair, let it air dry, then do a dry twist set

I wash my hair once a week..maybe twice if im really bored and feel like giving my hair some attention..but if i do it twice i week the second time I would just co-wash and DC instead of using shampoo
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by ebonediva 14th December 2010, 12:03 am

Me too!!
I start off the night before with a little cheap conditioner, EVOO, tea tree and peppermint. (itchy scalp) I let this stay on my hair overnight. Next morning I detangle and part into 4 sections. Rinse out my concoction, wash with Kinky Curl's come clean, then follow up with Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle shampoo, rinse, I use Trader Joe's Nourish Spa conditioner, rinse out, then apply Jojoba oil to my scalp and hair and twist and seal my ends with Jane Carter's Nourish & Shine.
ebonediva
ebonediva

http://God Said It, I Believe It, and That Settles It....AMEN

Back to top Go down

Post by Emartini04 14th December 2010, 1:18 am

I co wash my hair every 3-4 days and wash my hair once a month.

Routine:

DC my hair with Trader Joe's Nourish and Shine mixed with EVOO and EVCO
Wash my hair (monthly) with Jane Carter SLS free shampoo. Co wash every 3-4 days with Trader Joe Nourish and Shine with luke warm water. My last co wash is for detangling purposes only then I rinse the conditioner out.
Then I apply a cup of water mixed with 1/3 of ACV and pour all throughout my hair and let it sit for 5 minutes. I then rinse the stinky stuff out my hair with ice cold water.
I then apply my leave in which is Curls Coconut Sublime conditioner.
Then I section my hair and apply EVOO all throughout my head combing my fingers through each section.
Then I section my hair again - then begin to two strand twist my hair with Jane Carter Nourish and Shine (I loveeee this product)
Then I grease my scalp with Vitamin E oil.

Tie my head with a silk scarf and off to bed I go. cheers
Emartini04
Emartini04

Back to top Go down

Post by drmsd 15th December 2010, 7:07 am

Prepoo with EVOO/Jojoba oil, tea tree oil, and peppermint oil (I love the feeling).
(Clarify if necessary)
SLS free shampoo
DC with added EVOO; detangle with my Denman outside the shower, rinse with lukewarm water with a shot of cold water at the end which is very refreshing in this heat.
Apply my leave in, let my hair airdry for a bit, and twist with QB and a hair butter.
drmsd
drmsd

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 15th December 2010, 10:42 am

Wash day (with braids)--Cleanse with either black soap or Giovanni Tea Tree shampoo (can never remember the name of it). Squeeze ALL the water out with my hands and blot my scalp with a microfiber towel. Then IMMEDIATELY spray with my aloe grow spray mix, a conditioner spray mix with Giovanni Smooth As Silk (contains protein), water, castor oil, grapeseed oil, and various essential oils (for growth), and then oil my scalp with castor, grapeseed, clary sage, lavender, and rosemary essential oils (with some cinnamon essential oil to cut the "wine" smell).

Wash day (without braids)--Cleanse with raw black soap (I'm a no poo girl), deep condition/detangle with (currently) ORS Replenishing Conditioner mixed with coconut oil, castor oil, honey, and rosemary oil (leave it in for a little more than an hour--longer if I'm preoccupied). After I rinse, I add a leave-in, and if I'm doing a wash and go, I'll seal with my oil mix (yes, MORE castor oil, rosemary oil, grapeseed oil and other essential oils. lol! I LOVE my oils!!) and use EcoStyler Gel (the pink one) for hold. If I'm going to do a protective style, I'll use my shea mix.

Both take me less than an hour (minus the deep conditioning time), and my hair looks and feels great.
LadyMika
LadyMika

http://metalkink.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 15th December 2010, 10:58 am

- Prepoo - conditioner/oil mix or hot oil treatment

- Shampoo - I rotate between a sulfate shampoo and a sulfate free shampoo each week - Cream of Nature or KBB Conditioning Shampoo

- Condition and detangle - Aussie Moist or Goivanni Smooth As Silk

- Deep condition with heat for about 20 mins - still searching for the best deep conditioner for my hair (I have 4 new deep conditioners to try Embarassed)

- Leave in - Kimmaytube leave in and seal with oil (shikakai oil or coconut oil)

Then I put about 15-20 twist/braids in my hair to air dry. Usually the next day I dry twist my hair with a shea butter based product. Right now I am using Uncle Funky's Daughter Extra Butter.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by j. kinky 16th December 2010, 12:52 am

i heart wash day too! i love playin with my hair I love you

- I wash...i try to move my hair as alittle as possible. I apply shampoo in my hair and start to remove the big knots and gently rubbing/scratching my scalp. I rinse and no repeat...
(I'm using Garnier Fructis triple nutrition extra nourishing cream poo...has a couple bad ingredients but doing fine by me

-I detangle with HE HH or Aussie Moist....fine for right now but my PJism wants to stray...

-I deep condition, for at least 3 hrs-overnight. I mix warm evoo and with Queen Helene cholesterol codish or Olive Cholesterol Codish cream... does wonderful! my hair is so whoa!!

-I add Organix coconut milk anti-breakage hair serum and one of my many many many leave- in condish...i still in search of the "ONE"

thanx for letting me share
afro
j. kinky
j. kinky

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsJones 16th December 2010, 2:27 pm

I know I am a borderline pj as well, but I'm keeping it in check so far. Its hard though. Lol
MrsJones
MrsJones

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down