CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Priceless: ITS BEEN A YEAR BEING NATURAL AHHHH I LOVE IT

+33
Intelligentbeauty
WhosThatRedHead
Fabulousat50
curly-me-naturally
curlsunfurled
coilykinks
iri9109
nattyblog
LadyMika
CrissyQ
LaToya28
QuietButterfly
ChrsLvsBks
Nikcoils
CocaColaCutie
Serenity23
CocoEuro
DvaAuNaturel
TheRYL1
AfrikanLatina
Juices-n-Berries
krazy coils
Lynnieluve
jlowman1
NubieNatty
sweetdrk1
poeticlyspkng
bholmes87
dajewel
KinkyNappyHappy
CurlsGalore
ktoliver5303
priceless
37 posters

Page 2 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Go down

Priceless: ITS BEEN A YEAR BEING NATURAL AHHHH I LOVE IT - Page 2 Empty Re: Priceless: ITS BEEN A YEAR BEING NATURAL AHHHH I LOVE IT

Post by priceless 18th May 2010, 1:59 am

thanks everyone for the compliments I will step out of the box a little more. The kinky curly knot today only lasted for 2 days and the curls are not defined anymore. I guess you have to apply everyday or every other day.
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Priceless: ITS BEEN A YEAR BEING NATURAL AHHHH I LOVE IT - Page 2 Empty Re: Priceless: ITS BEEN A YEAR BEING NATURAL AHHHH I LOVE IT

Post by ktoliver5303 18th May 2010, 3:26 am

Hey Hun!! Just stopping by to say hello.
ktoliver5303
ktoliver5303

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 18th May 2010, 4:12 am

Welcome to Curl Street! You, your hair, and your makeup look gorgeous!
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 19th May 2010, 8:37 pm

So I brought trader's joes tea tree conditioner, its all natural. I was told that it works great for my itchy scalp. I got regular tea tree oil to.
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Priceless: ITS BEEN A YEAR BEING NATURAL AHHHH I LOVE IT - Page 2 Empty Conversation of natural hair

Post by priceless 19th May 2010, 9:46 pm

Just had a conversation with one of my friends about natural hair. Mind you she has been going to get her hair done every week for the last 20 yrs. She is not natural but is trying to tell me about what I should do to maintain my hair. She goes on to say that I need to get my hair cut every 6 weeks by a professional and that I cannot wash and go all summer long. She talked about our other friend and said that she can not wear twist for the rest of her life. She thinks that we curlies need to get our hair straighten on all big special occassion by a professional. She says that If the professional is licensed that our hair will not get damaged. I told her that there are alot of people that are natural that have gotten their hair straighten by professionals and gotten their hair jacked up. She said that that was just a fluke. I just like how everyone else wants to tell you how to do your hair and they don't even do their own hair. Why do people think that we should straighten our hair for big events because that is what everyone else is doing. Can we just be left alone to dare to be different. If I don't ever want to straighten my hair again that is my choice.
needed to vent she jus was getting to me
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 19th May 2010, 10:11 pm

That's so funny to me. She probably would have gotten to me too and the conversation would changed quickly. Priceless: ITS BEEN A YEAR BEING NATURAL AHHHH I LOVE IT - Page 2 Icon_evil
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 19th May 2010, 10:21 pm

I have so little tolerance for people talking about things that they no NOTHING about. The conversation would have ended with me changing the topic or her watching the back of my curly head as I walked away lol
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 19th May 2010, 10:33 pm

yeah I tried to change the subject like 2 times and we some how got back there but whatever I do me and she need to continue to do her
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 19th May 2010, 10:50 pm

unreal..folks like that kill me. I am like Lynn that conversation would have gone down hill quickly! Rock your curls you are beautiful!

Now the Knot today,,how were you reviving? I usually spritz with water and it last a few days for me.
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 19th May 2010, 10:57 pm

@sweet I tired to spritz with water and oil and it was frizz monster maybe I try with jus water
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 19th May 2010, 10:58 pm

Yea I think just water or mix some of the knot today with the water and try that.
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 19th May 2010, 11:10 pm

Hey Priceless...welcome!

Love your pic...oh, so cool! :-)
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 20th May 2010, 9:06 am

Welcome, welcome, welcome...

I saw your avi in Sweet's thread and had to come over and tell you it's gorgeous. That blue looks gorgeous you! You are working it. Priceless: ITS BEEN A YEAR BEING NATURAL AHHHH I LOVE IT - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 20th May 2010, 12:01 pm

@dvaaunaturel thanks for compliment

@theryl thanks

@sweet thanks I will try that today
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Priceless: ITS BEEN A YEAR BEING NATURAL AHHHH I LOVE IT - Page 2 Empty Drama (my hair name) eats moisture

Post by priceless 20th May 2010, 12:22 pm

Priceless: ITS BEEN A YEAR BEING NATURAL AHHHH I LOVE IT - Page 2 Qrs_1110

Tried to take a pic of my self at the end if the day hair and was not quit working out. This is what i came up with. at the end of the day to me it looks dry has no shine to it.

Last edited by priceless on 20th May 2010, 12:23 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot to change the title)
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 20th May 2010, 12:33 pm

Those eyes are absolutely beautiful!!! Keep trying you will figure out what your curls want. I went through the dry phase, check out MahoganyCurls on YT she has some vids on keeping your TWA moist! HTH!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 20th May 2010, 1:16 pm

I love MahoganyCurls that is how i found this site watching her on youtube
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 23rd May 2010, 2:48 am

So I think i like the kinky curly knot today I have to use it by itself though with no other product but water. I love the HEHH i used it as a leave in and cowash
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by CocoEuro 23rd May 2010, 3:58 am

priceless wrote:Just had a conversation with one of my friends about natural hair. Mind you she has been going to get her hair done every week for the last 20 yrs. She is not natural but is trying to tell me about what I should do to maintain my hair. She goes on to say that I need to get my hair cut every 6 weeks by a professional and that I cannot wash and go all summer long. She talked about our other friend and said that she can not wear twist for the rest of her life. She thinks that we curlies need to get our hair straighten on all big special occassion by a professional. She says that If the professional is licensed that our hair will not get damaged. I told her that there are alot of people that are natural that have gotten their hair straighten by professionals and gotten their hair jacked up. She said that that was just a fluke. I just like how everyone else wants to tell you how to do your hair and they don't even do their own hair. Why do people think that we should straighten our hair for big events because that is what everyone else is doing. Can we just be left alone to dare to be different. If I don't ever want to straighten my hair again that is my choice.

Welcome to Curl Street!!! Oh no! I HAD a friend that used to say crazy stuff like this all the time! I ended it! Not saying you should but I could not take it!!!
CocoEuro
CocoEuro

http://naturalcurlykinks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 23rd May 2010, 9:39 am

priceless wrote:Priceless: ITS BEEN A YEAR BEING NATURAL AHHHH I LOVE IT - Page 2 Dsc_0015

please work please work

So pretty!! I love the cut! Fab!
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 23rd May 2010, 9:42 am

priceless wrote:Just had a conversation with one of my friends about natural hair. Mind you she has been going to get her hair done every week for the last 20 yrs. She is not natural but is trying to tell me about what I should do to maintain my hair. She goes on to say that I need to get my hair cut every 6 weeks by a professional and that I cannot wash and go all summer long. She talked about our other friend and said that she can not wear twist for the rest of her life. She thinks that we curlies need to get our hair straighten on all big special occassion by a professional. She says that If the professional is licensed that our hair will not get damaged. I told her that there are alot of people that are natural that have gotten their hair straighten by professionals and gotten their hair jacked up. She said that that was just a fluke. I just like how everyone else wants to tell you how to do your hair and they don't even do their own hair. Why do people think that we should straighten our hair for big events because that is what everyone else is doing. Can we just be left alone to dare to be different. If I don't ever want to straighten my hair again that is my choice.

Ummm, yea. Tell your friend she and her unwanted suggestions can keep it movin'. Not her place to give hair advice to you when she's neither natural nor does her own hair. She'll just have to get over it, as you continue to do you. Priceless: ITS BEEN A YEAR BEING NATURAL AHHHH I LOVE IT - Page 2 Icon_mad
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Priceless: ITS BEEN A YEAR BEING NATURAL AHHHH I LOVE IT - Page 2 Empty crazy hair experience

Post by priceless 23rd May 2010, 9:43 pm

So here goes another experience that I had on the way to work today. I was parking my car at the employee parking lot in my uniform and the parking security guy stops behind my car. He rolls down the window and proceeds to ask me "are you african american ?" I was like what you stop me for that ahhhhhhhhhh Yes Y? He said no reason your hair good and drove off. Weird just Weird.
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 23rd May 2010, 9:45 pm

I try to not talk to my friend about nothing that has to do with hair we are on total didn't pages. We agreed to disagree about hair
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 23rd May 2010, 10:27 pm

Thanks Curlsgalore everyone likes the cut better but I still want it to grow out so I can do twist outs and twist. People want me to leave my hair in this cut. I saw this so fly mohawk on a curly and want it so bad but not professional in my field. It was cut into the mohawk my supervisor will look at me so crazy if I even tried to play myself and will get sent home. Guess I will jus be wishing I had it.
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 24th May 2010, 12:11 am

I hate when people who don't have natural hair try to tell us what to do with it.

Oh, and to the guy with the good hair comment. Smh. It's ignorant to think that a whole race of people would have the same hair type. Will the mindset of the general public ever change?
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next