CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Priceless: ITS BEEN A YEAR BEING NATURAL AHHHH I LOVE IT

+33
Intelligentbeauty
WhosThatRedHead
Fabulousat50
curly-me-naturally
curlsunfurled
coilykinks
iri9109
nattyblog
LadyMika
CrissyQ
LaToya28
QuietButterfly
ChrsLvsBks
Nikcoils
CocaColaCutie
Serenity23
CocoEuro
DvaAuNaturel
TheRYL1
AfrikanLatina
Juices-n-Berries
krazy coils
Lynnieluve
jlowman1
NubieNatty
sweetdrk1
poeticlyspkng
bholmes87
dajewel
KinkyNappyHappy
CurlsGalore
ktoliver5303
priceless
37 posters

Page 1 of 14 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next

Go down

Priceless: ITS BEEN A YEAR BEING NATURAL AHHHH I LOVE IT Empty Priceless my pJism is out of control

Post by priceless 9th May 2010, 12:48 am

So I decided to join this tread to show my progress on learning this hair of mine. I have named my hair drama because since I was a kid I hated figuring out what to do with my hair. I have wanted to go natural for quite some time now but have been discourage by alot by family and friends. Now I finally said forget them and do my big chop for me. Its about time that I own up to my hair and learn it. I bc on March 23, 2010. So, I am newly natural. My last perm was in feb 2009. I have not figured out what works for Drama yet since i feel like a product junkie already buying all kinds of products. I also was so curious on how long I have grown my hair during my transition that I damaged it already. I took my flatiron and decided to flatiron my hair ahhh such a no no for my hair I think. i am at the process of deciding whether to cut those stands off that did not revert off myself or let the salon do it. As I know now you live and you learn I really see that it is all about trial and error

Last edited by priceless on 25th May 2010, 1:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Priceless: ITS BEEN A YEAR BEING NATURAL AHHHH I LOVE IT Empty Re: Priceless: ITS BEEN A YEAR BEING NATURAL AHHHH I LOVE IT

Post by ktoliver5303 10th May 2010, 3:49 am

Welcome to Curl Street Journal Priceless. Trust being here you will have all of the information you need for Drama. Which I think that name is too cute!
ktoliver5303
ktoliver5303

Back to top Go down

Priceless: ITS BEEN A YEAR BEING NATURAL AHHHH I LOVE IT Empty Re: Priceless: ITS BEEN A YEAR BEING NATURAL AHHHH I LOVE IT

Post by CurlsGalore 10th May 2010, 8:08 am

Welcome Priceless! I think we met in your post about your hair before. Happy to have you and you've come to the right place!! You're in good hands on Curl Street! We're here to help you nurse Drama back to health!
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 10th May 2010, 8:20 am

Welcome Priceless...I'm sorry to here about your heat damage. New to natural hair as well...so not sure how to advise as it relates to your straight ends. However, a curly will be by before the day is over with great advice. Watch and see!!

Drama will be back to her ole self in no time!!

Have a great day!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 10th May 2010, 2:39 pm

Thank you all for the welcomes. I will be finding a spot to cut these ends this weekend. wish me luck
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 10th May 2010, 2:45 pm

welcome!!!
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 10th May 2010, 4:27 pm

Welcome to Curl Street!!! I'm glad you're cutting the ends. We'd love to see some pictures when you're done Smile
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 10th May 2010, 5:15 pm

Hey Priceless! Can't wait to hear and see more of your journey!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 11th May 2010, 12:30 am

so brought hello hydration today and co washed. I am going to attempt a twist out. Let you all know how it comes out.
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 11th May 2010, 12:35 am

Hello and welcome!! Lets us see pics of your hair. I an't wat to see the twist.
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 11th May 2010, 1:09 pm

So the twist out did not work out but i still rock what came out of it anyway. It was a soft curly mess and i can not get these pics to upload right have to try later.
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 15th May 2010, 2:35 pm

So I finally got rid of my straight ends and got a hair cut. I needed drama to be healthy so I had to do it. I am a little sad though I transition for a year with weave to get to at least the length that i was and now it is really short in the back and the sides. I am telling myself that it will grow back soon and as long as I take care of it. I can do this natural challenge for myself because once the stylist cut at least 3 inches off i wanted to give up. I will not give up I will do this for me and my hair. To the new me have a great week ladies
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 15th May 2010, 4:05 pm

here u are...where are the pics **banging on table** where are the pics!!

i cant wait for ur new cut, i can hear the excitement!!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 16th May 2010, 1:36 pm

Priceless: ITS BEEN A YEAR BEING NATURAL AHHHH I LOVE IT Dsc_0014

been trying to put different photos and keep getting this one csn someone help? what am i doing wrong
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 16th May 2010, 1:48 pm

Priceless: ITS BEEN A YEAR BEING NATURAL AHHHH I LOVE IT Dsc_0015

please work please work
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 16th May 2010, 1:49 pm

ok so its working
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 16th May 2010, 2:21 pm

So I think I am going to try my first challenge and do the 30 day product challenge. Hubby was looking at me crazy when we was in whole foods for like 1hr in the hair and vitamin section. He thinks I am obsessed with finding what works. He has not been negative surprisingly he has been encouraging me but was getting a little restless in the store while I read lables. lol
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 16th May 2010, 3:55 pm

Welcome to Curl Steet!

Your hair looks great, I like the cut! & that is too funny about your Hubby!
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 16th May 2010, 6:28 pm

Your hair cute!! LOL @ your hubby. Next time leave him at home. Priceless: ITS BEEN A YEAR BEING NATURAL AHHHH I LOVE IT Icon_lol
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 16th May 2010, 7:08 pm

I love that cut!!! Yeah, next time leave your hubby at home, or have him drop you off and come back in an hour. I can stay in Whole Foods a long time myself. I try to make that trip when I'm alone!!

My mom wanted me to cute my hair like that when I bc'd...that really looks nice on you!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 16th May 2010, 7:22 pm

I love the cut, it is really cute!
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Priceless: ITS BEEN A YEAR BEING NATURAL AHHHH I LOVE IT Empty had 2 treads and wanted to stick with this one

Post by priceless 17th May 2010, 8:02 pm

So in this picture I have used kinky curl knot today for my leave in. It defined my curls and left my hair soft. I was using eco styler gel to get my curls to be defined but it was leaving my hair hard and i was not able to really have a leave in or anything else for that matter in my hair. the eco styler gel left a film in most stuff that I used. I will play with both before I get rid of the gel it is a big jar that was on sale and it was not that bad.
On this journey to finding what works for Drama (my name for my hair) I have also found a love for make up. I guess I have dismissed both being natural and makeup because i feel that it was going to take up to much time. I have always told my hubby that he needed to take time out to make sure that he looked right going out and not jus through something together. Thinking about it I was making sure the outfit was right was not taking heed to what i was telling him and finishing my look. Well it is about time I learn to be versitile with what I can do.

Priceless: ITS BEEN A YEAR BEING NATURAL AHHHH I LOVE IT Dsc_0018
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 17th May 2010, 8:06 pm

u look GOOD!! and also make sure u join us on the makeup thread too.

maaaaan, i be in whole foods forever myself and i hate goin before work cuz i was almost late one time. and dont let it be a giovanni sale goin on Priceless: ITS BEEN A YEAR BEING NATURAL AHHHH I LOVE IT Icon_bounce . i must contain myself...i had to give the eo section a rest too!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 17th May 2010, 9:49 pm

I LOVE THAT PIC!!! I think that should be your new avatar!!!

Your makeup is on point too!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 18th May 2010, 1:55 am

Its funny you say that lynnieluve I thought about changing it to that. I guess me stepping out the box with the makeup worked for me. good nite curlies I see I am getting addicted to this site
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 14 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next