CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Priceless: ITS BEEN A YEAR BEING NATURAL AHHHH I LOVE IT

+33
Intelligentbeauty
WhosThatRedHead
Fabulousat50
curly-me-naturally
curlsunfurled
coilykinks
iri9109
nattyblog
LadyMika
CrissyQ
LaToya28
QuietButterfly
ChrsLvsBks
Nikcoils
CocaColaCutie
Serenity23
CocoEuro
DvaAuNaturel
TheRYL1
AfrikanLatina
Juices-n-Berries
krazy coils
Lynnieluve
jlowman1
NubieNatty
sweetdrk1
poeticlyspkng
bholmes87
dajewel
KinkyNappyHappy
CurlsGalore
ktoliver5303
priceless
37 posters

Page 9 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next

Go down

Priceless: ITS BEEN A YEAR BEING NATURAL AHHHH I LOVE IT - Page 9 Empty Re: Priceless: ITS BEEN A YEAR BEING NATURAL AHHHH I LOVE IT

Post by priceless 10th August 2010, 4:10 pm

Hello curly Ladies

Hope that everyone is doing well with all that you have going on in your individual lives. I am doing well and embracing yet another obsticle with Drama (my hair).
I did henna on July 23 and have been doing deep conditioners every week since then. I feel like my hair is getting bigger and bigger each week. I love HEHH when i found out about it 3 months ago and now i think my hair is truely rejecting it. I went to the cg method about a month ago. I tired to go back to HEHH this week just to get rid of the bottle cause i really did not want to throw it out and Drama Priceless: ITS BEEN A YEAR BEING NATURAL AHHHH I LOVE IT - Page 9 Icon_evil is saying you got to be kidding me. My curls are not getting defined at all and it is a soft frizzy mess. I tired mixing it with my traders joe conditioner and see what that does. Ahhh Drama laughed like are you serious. I only mixed it in a travel size bottle so it was not a true waste of both conditioners. It seems like i have to put a lot more products in my hair to get it to act right.
I have been thinking about braids. I been a little scared to do it cause of the fact that last time i did individual braids my edges were gone. I was told that maybe i should get little cornrows around my edges and that may work. I will ponder the idea for the next week and decide by the 20th. I will go on vacation then and really need to have drama in some kind of style for swiming and having fun. I think i am becoming to hate the idea of having to do my hair everyday on vacation when you just want to get up and go enjoy the scenary.

So, I would like everyone opinions on what i should do with Drama on this very needed vacation with Moms. i have played with the ideas of (with added hair) small cornrows, Two strand twist, weave or box braids. will be trying the deva curls deep conditioner on thursday. Will give you all a update on that once i have tried it at least three times
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Priceless: ITS BEEN A YEAR BEING NATURAL AHHHH I LOVE IT - Page 9 Empty Re: Priceless: ITS BEEN A YEAR BEING NATURAL AHHHH I LOVE IT

Post by priceless 10th August 2010, 4:11 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:Hey Priceless....

Hey sweet I am loving the color
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog 10th August 2010, 8:24 pm

My vote is for cornrows!!! Very Happy
nattyblog
nattyblog

http://naturalgeek.onsugar.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 11th August 2010, 1:28 am

Corn rows or 2 strand twists
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by curlsunfurled 11th August 2010, 1:42 am

Hi Priceless,

Concert pictures were cute. Two strand twists are my favorite. Enjoy your vacation.
curlsunfurled
curlsunfurled

Back to top Go down

Priceless: ITS BEEN A YEAR BEING NATURAL AHHHH I LOVE IT - Page 9 Empty opinions

Post by priceless 11th August 2010, 1:45 am

nattyblog wrote:My vote is for cornrows!!! Very Happy

WhosThatRedHead wrote:Corn rows or 2 strand twists

curlsunfurled wrote:Hi Priceless,

Concert pictures were cute. Two strand twists are my favorite. Enjoy your vacation.

Thanks ladies its still up in the air but i think the box braids are kind of out at this point. the weave is up in the air, but the two strand twist and cornrows are neck and neck.
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 11th August 2010, 1:49 am

Hello ladies

Is there anything that you loved using when you first become natural you can not use anymore?
still thinking bout styles for my vacation guess i will be back on youtube to find something different with the hair
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog 11th August 2010, 4:30 am

Yup, but most of those products weren't 100% natural so I'm not sure if it applies here. But it was the BB moisturizing lotion ( their version of the pink stuff). Worked great on my taw. But when it grew out, not so much.
nattyblog
nattyblog

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 11th August 2010, 7:22 am

i say u go for the cornrows for the vacay! i always like to do box braids for vacays myself and plan to revisit em again this fall but the kinky twist are so much lighter n fluffier! ooooh the many choices.

one thing i did love in the beginning is the suave naturals condish and when i revisited it last month it did NOTHING!! it was like throwin coated water on my hair. i think in the twa days it doesnt matter whether the products thick enuff or not becuz u dont have much hair anywayz. im even debatin on givin up my giovanni direct leave-in cuz ive consistently been using my koilsBN with good results. im debating on tryin the kimmaytube leave-in everyone is ravin about but that dmn knot today bottle is expensive and at $13 or $14 for an 8oz is a turn off UNLESS i use it to make the leave-in ONLLLLLY!! then again....depending on how often u use the leave-in; how often would u replace it Priceless: ITS BEEN A YEAR BEING NATURAL AHHHH I LOVE IT - Page 9 Icon_scratch .
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 11th August 2010, 1:07 pm

My vote is for either the cornrows or the two strand twists. I used to use Suave and VO5 when I first went natural and I cannot use them now. They're not thick enough and don't seem to do anything for my hair anymore.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 11th August 2010, 1:40 pm

I am voting for Cornrows!
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 13th August 2010, 1:37 am

thanks everyone that voted I have am about 70% toward cornrows. My mom is diffinitly doing twist so i don't think we need to look alike lol

I finally found shea moisture at Target. I had to go to a target that most black people go to to find it. I guess the target that i been going to do not have a diverse group of shoppers cause they do not have alot of our products at all.

Devacurl. I opened my deep conditioner heaven in hair and did my deep condition today. As soon as i opened the jar it smelled so gooood. I put it in my hair after my shower and co wash but only wound up leaving it in my hair for 30minutes. Hubby got up and wanted to get dress early this am. He was toooo excited about getting him a new laptop. Was not trying to give me anytime to do hair. So, to give a true review on it i have to use it a couple more times and try leaving it in over night. so far i did like how my hair felt coming out the shower and i acually had good definition with nothing in it.
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 18th August 2010, 12:01 am

Hey everyone I have decided to go ahead and get the twist. I will be getting them probably thursday or friday. I leave for my vacation on sunday. So, with all this said i am a little nerious about getting them done. How do i explain that i do not want my edges pulled to tight? I had all my edges gone the last time i got micro braids. With being natural do you go to the salon with your hair blow dried a little? i am trying to eliminate as much pulling as possible, during combing and parting how do i ensure that? I will be deep conditioning before i go. I probably should not put anything in my hair after i deep condition what do you all think, Should I ? Thank you all for your feed back
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog 18th August 2010, 2:06 am

I don't know priceless...whenever I go to a salon, they always want to wash it and condition it themselves. Then they like to use heat at some point unless you tell them otherwise. Just tell them to be as gentle as possible or you'll get out of the seat (and get out if they ignore you). Take your own products if you only want those products used on your hair (and ask them if they will shave some off the price for that).
nattyblog
nattyblog

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 19th August 2010, 12:31 pm

thanks natty some braid places in NY they don't wash your hair. They make sure that your hair is clean at some places and if they do not think its clean enough they wash it. I will keep in mind what you said. I plan on bringing my own products just in case.
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 19th August 2010, 1:38 pm

Priceless I have heard that it you're natural its better to blow dry your own hair before getting it braided. I have a friend who's natural and only wears kinky twists and she always washes her hair and blow dries it herself before getting it done. For some reason they want your roots almost straight for braiding(I don't know why) and you can prevent them from using too much heat by doing it yourself. Also if you feel that they are braiding too tight let them know so that you don't lose your edges. Just remember to speak up since you're the paying customer. HTH
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 20th August 2010, 1:23 am

krazycoils thanks i will be getting the kniky twist done in the am
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 20th August 2010, 6:15 pm

Hello ladies hope everyone is doing well

I have to tell you about the experience i had with my hair. I washed and deep conditioned my hair the day before and let it air dry. When i got up this am of course since i did not put anything in as a leave in it was matted. i wet it and tried to detangle it and I was getting no where. Since i was going to be late i decided to just leave and see if they can wet it again with conditioner and get the tangles out.

So i went to the shop early this am ( early for me that is) 10am to be exact and the lady was not ready. After about ten minutes of her being ready She says that the hair i brought was not enough. Mind you i had about 4 people say that it should have been enough. After her feeling my head and strying some leave in conditioner on my head she tried to detangle. That was a epic mess i told her that i would get it out myself.
once i got it out mostly, She still expressed that i should not have brought human hair i should have brought synthnic. Anyway i walked in the hot weather to the nearest beauty supply to get the amount of hair that she was talking about. on the way ofcourse drama started to dry and she is so tangled when she is dry. It was about a 5minute walk down the street. Of course they did not have the hair that i aleady had so i had to buy new packs ughhhhhhhhhh at that point i was over it.
I walked back to the the hair salon and she begin the kinky twist. this new girl was able to get the rest out for me but she had to wet it again and blow it. This lady was so gentle and i was ok had no compliant but when the orginal girl (the one that started detangling) got back on my head Drama said hold up you got the wrong one. I had to stop her like 4 times and tell her she was pulling the mess out of my head. Now i been getting braid all my life and never been tender headed at all but i felt like one of those little kids getting my hair done for the first time. I have not had individual braids in so long that i really did not know how long this was going to take. I really did not know i had so much hair for those little parts. With all her stops and breaks and having to answer the phone i did not leave the spot to 430pm this evening. i do have to say that i like them but do not love them. I say this because i am not use to all this hair. It really did not hurt at all with her braiding and twisting but when she was trying to comb this bush it was a mess. over all the job is done and I am over it. when i get a chance i will up load pictures.
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 20th August 2010, 8:02 pm

Hey Girl...

That was an interesting experience. I...I'm kinda speachless. I hope you like your twist. I can't wait to see the pictures...

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog 20th August 2010, 11:36 pm

Can't wait to see your hair! Maybe you will love the easy maintenance if not the experience?

I didn't know you couldn't use human hair for kinky twists. I've never had those though. I got silky twists years and years ago. Man, I am getting older!
nattyblog
nattyblog

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 22nd August 2010, 1:51 am

i love wacky braidin stories! im dreading one of my own actually. pics...pics...pics!!

u better than me cuz she wouldve had to work wit what i got. u shouldnt need more than 2-3 packs anywayz for ur lil peanut head, lol. oooch ouch, when u said she man handled ur head...OMG...reminds me of when i got my hair braided last summer, i was so pissed cuz this african dude dmn near brushed my brains out cuz he was doin it so hard, to the point i was PISSED like "DUDE WTF" Mad so u definitely gotta show em how its done.
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 22nd August 2010, 1:53 am

the mere thought of how that african man made my hair feel that day makes me wanna take off of work right now and drive to the shop to smack the shyt outta is azz so hard his mama in ghana feels it. Evil or Very Mad

now im mad cuz u got me bringin up old stuff!!!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 22nd August 2010, 9:33 am

Hey Priceless....

Just stopping by to see if you posted any pictures yet!! Very Happy

Hope you are having a great weekend!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 22nd August 2010, 11:13 am

LOL @ Nubie!

Priceless, I'm looking forward to pics of your hair. Kinky twists is my go to braiding style. So low maintenance, that's the tradeoff for the drama you experienced Very Happy
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 22nd August 2010, 9:05 pm

Hey Priceless, I came looking for pics? Lol@ nub
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next