CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Priceless: ITS BEEN A YEAR BEING NATURAL AHHHH I LOVE IT

+33
Intelligentbeauty
WhosThatRedHead
Fabulousat50
curly-me-naturally
curlsunfurled
coilykinks
iri9109
nattyblog
LadyMika
CrissyQ
LaToya28
QuietButterfly
ChrsLvsBks
Nikcoils
CocaColaCutie
Serenity23
CocoEuro
DvaAuNaturel
TheRYL1
AfrikanLatina
Juices-n-Berries
krazy coils
Lynnieluve
jlowman1
NubieNatty
sweetdrk1
poeticlyspkng
bholmes87
dajewel
KinkyNappyHappy
CurlsGalore
ktoliver5303
priceless
37 posters

Page 10 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down

Priceless: ITS BEEN A YEAR BEING NATURAL AHHHH I LOVE IT - Page 10 Empty Re: Priceless: ITS BEEN A YEAR BEING NATURAL AHHHH I LOVE IT

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 30th August 2010, 3:10 pm

Hey Priceless...

Just checking on you!!! Hope all is well..

That Nubie is too funny!!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Priceless: ITS BEEN A YEAR BEING NATURAL AHHHH I LOVE IT - Page 10 Empty Re: Priceless: ITS BEEN A YEAR BEING NATURAL AHHHH I LOVE IT

Post by priceless 1st September 2010, 1:39 am

ok everyone you know i went on vacation with parent. I had a great time in costa rica way to end the summer lol i got some pics for you. I would have psoted earlier but i was locked out of here apparently i forgot my password.

Priceless: ITS BEEN A YEAR BEING NATURAL AHHHH I LOVE IT - Page 10 Costa_10

Priceless: ITS BEEN A YEAR BEING NATURAL AHHHH I LOVE IT - Page 10 Costa_11

Priceless: ITS BEEN A YEAR BEING NATURAL AHHHH I LOVE IT - Page 10 Costa_12

Last edited by priceless on 1st September 2010, 1:42 am; edited 1 time in total
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 1st September 2010, 1:42 am

Your hair is cute
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 1st September 2010, 1:56 am

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Hey Girl...

That was an interesting experience. I...I'm kinda speachless. I hope you like your twist. I can't wait to see the pictures...

KNH
I had to get use to them because i felt like it was tooo much hair. but i really like them now

nattyblog wrote:Can't wait to see your hair! Maybe you will love the easy maintenance if not the experience?

I didn't know you couldn't use human hair for kinky twists. I've never had those though. I got silky twists years and years ago. Man, I am getting older!

That was a major shock to me to. never heard of it but i am no hair expert. I wanted to try hair that i thought was close to mind that is y i got the human hair. I wound up not using the human hair but i will be using it some other time you bet that.

NubieNatty wrote:i love wacky braidin stories! im dreading one of my own actually. pics...pics...pics!!

u better than me cuz she wouldve had to work wit what i got. u shouldnt need more than 2-3 packs anywayz for ur lil peanut head, lol. oooch ouch, when u said she man handled ur head...OMG...reminds me of when i got my hair braided last summer, i was so pissed cuz this african dude dmn near brushed my brains out cuz he was doin it so hard, to the point i was PISSED like "DUDE WTF" Mad so u definitely gotta show em how its done.

NubieNatty wrote:the mere thought of how that african man made my hair feel that day makes me wanna take off of work right now and drive to the shop to smack the shyt outta is azz so hard his mama in ghana feels it. Evil or Very Mad

now im mad cuz u got me bringin up old stuff!!!

you are a mess you know that but guess what i love love love it. lol I never had a experience like this but i guess i need to stick to having one person to do my hair that i trust. ahhhhhhhhhhhhh find that perfect person that truely understands natural hair and how to handle it it the challenge. I see why i hate trying new people.

DvaAuNaturel wrote:LOL @ Nubie!

Priceless, I'm looking forward to pics of your hair. Kinky twists is my go to braiding style. So low maintenance, that's the tradeoff for the drama you experienced Very Happy

yeah it is low maintence until after all that swimming and trying to figure out how to wash all this hair. i hope i got it all clean it was a process.

sweetdrk1 wrote:Hey Priceless, I came looking for pics? Lol@ nub
I know i am sorry it took so long was locked out the system on vacation so i had to figure it out when i got back.
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 1st September 2010, 1:57 am

WhosThatRedHead wrote:Your hair is cute

Thanks i see that hair growing missy
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 1st September 2010, 2:10 am

Hello curlies

The summer is almost over and i am dreading the cold. i had a blast in costa rica and did zip lining for the first time. I tired to put the video up but it is not coming up on here at all. I am too tired right now to put the review i have for deva curl heaven in hair but i will be putting that up shortly. everyone enjoy your week i hopefully have time to catch up on everyones journey.

Oh i almost forgot. I opened my aloe vera juice and did not know that it had to be refridged after opening. I have to throw it out now don't I? I do not know how i missed that. I don't think i smells bad but its probably not good anymore. ahhhhh probably another waste of money.
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 1st September 2010, 8:00 am

Love those kinky twists!
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 1st September 2010, 9:55 am

Cute kinky twist!! How long do you plan to keep them in?
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 1st September 2010, 11:32 am

I guess the drama you when through was worth it, cause your twists are too cute!!! Looking good girl!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by QuietButterfly 1st September 2010, 5:36 pm

Your twists look really good!!!
QuietButterfly
QuietButterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 1st September 2010, 5:50 pm

krazy coils wrote:Love those kinky twists!
thanks girly

Lynnieluve wrote:Cute kinky twist!! How long do you plan to keep them in?

I think when they become to frizzy for my liking is when i will take them out. I just think its going to take me forever to take it out by myself. Maybe my cuz will help lets see i will have to bribe her probably

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:I guess the drama you when through was worth it, cause your twists are too cute!!! Looking good girl!!
Yeah i have to agree the drama was worth it
QuietButterfly wrote:Your twists look really good!!!
Thanks chica
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 2nd September 2010, 1:16 pm

Costa Rica sounds and looks lovely on you! Welcome back!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 2nd September 2010, 4:45 pm

Ooh, love the kinky twists. Very nice! How long are you going to leave them in? Nevermind, just saw your previous post. Very Happy
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 3rd September 2010, 2:55 am

thanks ladies

Drama
I am enjoying not do to much to drama. But with the experiences i go through getting my hair done in different place you see why i call my hair drama. i oil my scalp in the morning before i get in the shower then tie my drama back up and put a shower cap on for my shower. I put coconut oil in my hands and smooth my twist into a pony and tie my drama up at nite. Which lead me to my following questions

Questions
Is my daily routine enough to keep my twist longer meaning to make them last? I oil my scalp like once a day, is that too much? I had this style now for 13 days and i washed it twice so that is low maintence for me. how often are you suppose to wash with these twist? what is the longest anyone have left these twist in with out it looking crazy?

Exercise
So, I know I know i been falling off the wagon and not be putting to much to exercising lately well until yesterday.
I went to thr gym because i thought hey i got time to waste before i go to work why don't i go work out.
yesterday I did 30 min bike and 30 min arms and abs
today i did 45 min bike and 45 mintue arms and abs
lets see if i make it to the gym tomorrow cause my back hurt a lil one of the ab work out tones those musles back there to.
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 3rd September 2010, 2:55 am

just realized i got 10 pages wow wooooooohooooooooooo
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 6th September 2010, 11:44 pm

hello curlies
hope everyone enjoyed their holiday weekend. even though i pretty much worked all weekend i have to say that i did get my bbq on sunday so i am not to sad.

Hair
nothing really new. just either my hair has grown and i have a nice bit of new growth or all my twist have slip back about a 1/4 to 1/2 of inch. still got questions about maintaining above pleave read and leave comments if you can help

exercise
i worked out 4 days in a row and on that 5th day my body was beat. i felt like i can hardly walk at some points. I also found out that my gym has a sanna (don't know if i smelled that right) where i found another natural sits with her deep condition. she says it does wonders to her hair.

products
i just purchased on curlmart. I purchased jessicurl travelset. I have to see how that whole set works together. This is also the first time i have order hair products on line.

priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 7th September 2010, 12:54 am

Love your kiny twists. Smile
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 9th September 2010, 12:36 am

Intelligentbeauty wrote:Love your kiny twists. Smile

Thanks i still have them in amd debating when i am going to take them out
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 15th September 2010, 7:00 pm

Hello chicas

Hope that everyone is getting their goals done that they have set for the summer. Hope everyone is in good health and just enjoying life. Missed everyone been a little busy doing me and getting house together for decorating. next week it will be a year that we have purchased our house and hubby is really complaining that we have nothing really on the walls and that we have not really decorated. Mind you we brought brand new bedroom and livingroom furniture within the the 2nd month we were in the house. He wants to look for each room to come together. so i been looking at ideas and they have over whelmed me. I will get it done one day.

Hair

There is no new news about my hair except that it has grown a little more with thse kinky twist. I still have them in and don't know really when i want to take them out. I really love the fact that i do not have to do much to my hair and that they are not that fuzzy at all.

Products
I went to sephora to meet one of my my cousins and my link (sorority sister on my line to my right). The work at the store that i was visiting. they convinced me to buy all this makeup stuff cost me almost 100 bucks. after i left there i decided to go look around the area the store was in and to my suprise uncle funky daughters was right across the street. I decided to walk in there and see what exactly they have. I ended up buying their culy magic. But like i said above i do not know exactly when i am going to wear it since i still have these kinky twist in.

I also had some free bucks on paypal so i decided to use some of it to buy the travel size trial of jessie curls. it arrived the same day i went to uncle funky daughters and it smells great when i opened it.

Work out
I been working out 3 to 4 times a week for the last 3 weeks. i feels great well after the first week i felt great. the first week was a hot mess i was in so much pain but it was worth it. I have been doing 45 min of cardio and 45 minutes of other exercises like arms and tummy. I make sure i at least do 50 tummy reps cause that is my problem area.
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 16th September 2010, 7:29 pm

The thing I like about kinky twists is that it looks like your natural hair. I had kinky twists for about a month. I didn't like the way they were done, but I loved the low maintance. I could co-wash my twist (just to clean my scalp) about once a week. I could stretch it to two weeks...just depended on how my scalp felt.

I used castor oil on my scalp and used a spritz of water, jojoba and a light conditioner on my hair everyday. I used the castor oil on my scalp as needed...right after co-washing, and then maybe 2x's during the week.

Sorry for such a long post, but I'm sitting here thinking about getting twists again. Maybe, maybe not...just don't know, but I am having fun with my half wig.

Length...be careful with leaving the twists in too long because your hair can begin to loc with the synthetic hair. I would say 2 months maybe 2 1/2 months at the most.

Enjoy...I know I did!!

KNH

SN: Don't you just love going into Uncle Funky's? Iam so going to let them do my hair for my 1 year anniversary. Still not sure what style, but I'm getting it done nevertheless!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 20th September 2010, 2:40 am

KNH thanks for the post. i have been loving the low maintence and i am dreading taking them out cause i feel like it will take for ever. I guess they have to come out at some point. they are still not that fuzzy so i been hanging in there with them. It has been a month today since i got them and i can tell that my roots have grown out some. don't think i can last for 2 months though i know there has been a lot of people that have.

I love the experience in the shop with the knowledge on the products. I heard people going to get the products but have not heard anyone getting any salon treatments, style and what not. you have to tell me how that goes. I think that i am going to try different braid protective styles for the whole winter since it will be to cold for wash and goes.
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 20th September 2010, 7:40 pm

I am all late but I LOVE the twists!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 22nd September 2010, 8:09 pm

thanks sweet
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 22nd September 2010, 8:20 pm

London
Priceless: ITS BEEN A YEAR BEING NATURAL AHHHH I LOVE IT - Page 10 London10

Priceless: ITS BEEN A YEAR BEING NATURAL AHHHH I LOVE IT - Page 10 London11

Priceless: ITS BEEN A YEAR BEING NATURAL AHHHH I LOVE IT - Page 10 London12

Priceless: ITS BEEN A YEAR BEING NATURAL AHHHH I LOVE IT - Page 10 London13
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 23rd September 2010, 11:27 am

Hey Priceless! I see those twists are still holding up well. What are you doing in London?
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next