CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nikcoils - Shingling- Do you have any Tips?

+45
cyclingchick
ktoliver5303
MsJay1121
SisterBoyd
BlondeByDesire
funkyhairchic
Intelligentbeauty
Neems
Notthecoolmom
DvaAuNaturel
naturallynola
kinksncurls
BajanPrincess82
MomnWife
thetiffany
Juices-n-Berries
nattyblog
WhosThatRedHead
CocoEuro
tiashaunteƩ
Keisha
LaToya28
AfrikanLatina
priceless
CrissyQ
Karyn
swoodward
curly-me-naturally
TheBigBoyAssGayBoyg
CocaColaCutie
CurlsGalore
naturalchic
NubieNatty
TheRYL1
krazy coils
ChrsLvsBks
TurquoizBlue
jlowman1
bholmes87
poeticlyspkng
Lynnieluve
QuietButterfly
sweetdrk1
KinkyNappyHappy
Nikcoils
49 posters

Page 6 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next

Go down

Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 6 Empty Re: Nikcoils - Shingling- Do you have any Tips?

Post by CocoEuro 6th July 2010, 4:36 pm

awww..sorry to hear about your friend!!! So young!!!
CocoEuro
CocoEuro

http://naturalcurlykinks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 6 Empty Re: Nikcoils - Shingling- Do you have any Tips?

Post by QuietButterfly 6th July 2010, 7:03 pm

Love the low bun and your twist and curl style, very cute!!!
QuietButterfly
QuietButterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 6th July 2010, 9:39 pm

love the twist n curl!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 7th July 2010, 11:27 pm

It is lovely!! Great results!!
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 9th July 2010, 12:09 pm

Great results with Cantu, and your twisting skills are marvelous darling!
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 9th July 2010, 1:45 pm

I am learning that practice and paitience is key with the twisting. people actually asked me on 4th of July if i had someone else do it and i told them i did it. Then they asked if i could do their hair like right now... Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 6 Icon_scratch I had to tell them this was my first time parting like this and I am still trying to figure this thing out on my own hair. um and it's 4th of July you really think i want to play beauty shop.

Yeah i was a lil hesitan with the cantu because some people said they got flakes. but i got no flakes, maybe cause i am not heavy handed, can't wait to see how my twist out looks i will take it out tomorrow even though i have no where to go. Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 6 Icon_sad don't you hate that, I might just have to take mini me to the beach since hubby is sick with strep throat.
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 9th July 2010, 1:48 pm

Hi npmoore...

I've missed a lot!!! Love the video...you have so many cute styles. I look forward to that day..when I can twist and curl!!

Congratulations on making 6 months with no heat. Don't you just love the variety of things you can do with your natural hair?

Hope you are having a great day!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 13th July 2010, 7:42 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Hi npmoore...

I've missed a lot!!! Love the video...you have so many cute styles. I look forward to that day..when I can twist and curl!!

Congratulations on making 6 months with no heat. Don't you just love the variety of things you can do with your natural hair?

Hope you are having a great day!!

KNH

Thanks! I never realized that I had a natural hair journey since i wasn't transitioning. But I realized I did have something to celebrate and document that my flat iron and pressing combs were put to rest. My pressing comb was also laid to pasture cause we moved in February to a place with an electric stove. I had to figure something out and I was gonna buy a stove just for my comb. I am loving that i do't have to go to the shop to have someone braid my hair or style it for me. I also glad I go over my frizz phobia. I actually like big hair and I am inching closer to trying to use my difusser on my blow dryer. LAWD let us pray! Cause that will be some huge hair.

I am still twisted up and was gonna do a twist out tomorrow since i will be attend my friends homegoing celebration and wearing my pink (for breast cancer research) just don't think i have the energy to pull off the huge hair. I won't be sad cause i know she isn't in pain anymore but I will miss a positive person that was in my life.

But this friday and Saturday is our Women's Retreat with my church to Glen Ivy Spa! So I may pull off my huge hair then after I get out of the pool cause we finally getting some summer weather out here. I will post pics of the possible twistout and big hair attempt later.
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 15th July 2010, 4:16 pm

Took my twist out that i've had in for 2 weeks. And I like the results the twist were from a mix of small to medium twist. Well the twist n curl twists with the use of the cantu shea butter leave in conditioner and coconut oil. Saw plenty of friends yesterday and one of my BFF who is transitioning wants me to do her hair. I keep telling folk I don't do hair but I told her if she wants me to play beauty shop, we'll figure something out. And that's only cause I love her. Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 6 Icon_biggrin SO here is my current twistout.

Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 6 2wktwi10

Today is my Friday! Tomorrow is my women's retreat to the spa with my church. Nothing but fun and relaxation. We finally got some 100 degree out here in Cali. Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 6 Icon_sunny It's been in the mid 70's for the past month which is way below average. So I will be swimming while away! Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 6 Icon_bounce I haven't been able to swim without being on mommy alert since i was pregnant with mini me. so I can't wait. Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 6 617583

So I am wondering how should I wear my hair for a spa weekend which will include swimming?
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 16th July 2010, 9:34 pm

Ocean or pool?
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 16th July 2010, 10:20 pm

Well first of all the twistout is sooooo cute!!! And isn't it funny that people ask you to do their hair just because you don't wear your natural curls in a fro every day? It amuses me every time ...

But I think maybe flat twists would work for the spa weekend if you don't want to have to detangle your hair. Or else wash n goes would work too Smile
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 17th July 2010, 1:01 am

Enjoy spa week. I know you just took your twist out..but I think that would be the easiest thing...little to no effort!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 17th July 2010, 12:13 pm

Hey chica! Looooove the twistout! My prayers to you and your friend's family. Sorry to hear that.

Spa week sounds lovely! You can try a bun...that's pretty simple.
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 19th July 2010, 5:59 pm

Hey Curlies,

Spa Day at Glen Ivy in Corona was what my body and mind needed. I didn't even focus on the 108 degree weather, the atmosphere was so serene and the cool pools were relaxing.

Let me just say Sheba was not ready for all that humidity on Saturday. But i wound up putting her is two buns.

Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 6 Img01410

This is my dry wash n go after church on Sunday, talk about shrinkage all i have to say is my hair grown tremendously (waist length stretched)

Jan 2010
Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 6 Img00610

July 2010
Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 6 Wngjul10

You may not be able to tell the difference but stretched it is a world of difference I might need to have hubby or mini me take a pic.

I 've been thinking about once it reaches my buttocks (the bulk of it) i am going to have it straightend and cut 10 inches off and donate it to locks of love. I have a godbrother who has aloprecia and atleast my hair won't be just going in the trash. I love that my hair is just healthy and at this rate of growth I hop i am there by the end of December. That would mark my 1 year anniversary of using no heat.
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 19th July 2010, 7:24 pm

Hey npmoore!

Work the WnG! Waist length...wow, you have major shrinkage! SMH

I love Glen Ivy...don't ya feel good when you leave? I gotta get there soon.

Locks of Love...that's a wonderful idea! Happy hair growing! Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 6 Icon_biggrin
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 20th July 2010, 1:52 pm

Happy Tuesday!

I feel like working on another inspired YT updo it's called Flower Bunch by Mahoganyknots. Right now my bangs are in 2 strand twist that were done with the great ECO Custard. And the rest of my hair is in a highpony with 4 twist that have been pinned into a bun. I will take the bunned hair down today and attempt to do the rest of my hair like mahoganyknots except in 2 strand flat twist. I even put a lil cinnabon at the end of my bang.

Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 6 Twistb10

Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 6 Twistb11

Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 6 Twistb12

Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 6 Twistb13
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 20th July 2010, 1:55 pm

Great stuff!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 20th July 2010, 2:00 pm

You have major shrinkage with your wng! I love mahogonyknots, can't wait to see your version of the flowerbunch.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 20th July 2010, 2:05 pm

Major shrinkage. I don't understand it. it's like a slinky just draws all up.
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 20th July 2010, 2:16 pm

Hey npmoore

You have a lot of hair sweetie!!! I think that is wonderful that you are going to donate your hair!! So I just gotta ask...how long does it take you to shampoo and detangle your hair?
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 20th July 2010, 4:20 pm

Takes me about 30 minutes to shampoo and detangle. I do it in 4 sections.
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 21st July 2010, 1:05 am

My hair is like that and so is my daughters. She wants the flowy curls and she has the spirals and zs that bend real close together. Her hair is really soft too. It's long and I tried to explain she would have to use styles to stretch it because I am starting to think that even when it grows another 12 inches, it will still spring back to her neck. He hair was about bsl last time I checked last month.
Kind of neat of you think about it!
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 21st July 2010, 1:15 am

I'm loving your hair styles!!!

I miss going to Glen Ivy. I used to go a few times a year when I was in college (I went to UCI)

That's awesome that you're going to dontate your hair!!
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 21st July 2010, 5:42 pm

Happy Wednesday!

So I tried to mimick the flowerbunch hairstyle done by mahoganyknots on YT and I think it looks better with cornrows as opposed to 2 strand flat twists. So I did what I could and just pinned it up and this is what I can up with.

Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 6 Pinupt10

Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 6 Pinupt11

Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 6 Pinupt12

Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 6 Pinupt13

Learning to like these updo's for two reasons. 1) I Don't have to restyle my hair in the morning (low manipulation and time saver) 2) I don't have to do to much to spruce them up. (add some flowers to it or repin the twist in a different fashion or untwist some of the twist partically for another look.)
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 21st July 2010, 6:27 pm

nice job
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next