CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~BACK TO BLONDE!!~ PJ Extraordinaire!

+49
priceless
CurlsGalore
krazy coils
MellowOne
WhosThatRedHead
jlowman1
nattyblog
swoodward
LadyMika
poeticlyspkng
NubieNatty
TheRYL1
raina
Nikcoils
DvaAuNaturel
jcanalena79
LaToya28
ktoliver5303
tiashaunteƩ
CocoEuro
MahoganyCurls
PaganWifey
ColdDiva
cutephantasm
curlyboricua
rain20
bholmes87
Juices-n-Berries
MsJay1121
CocaColaCutie
SisterBoyd
Pinkrage
KinkyNappyHappy
miznissi
curly+kinky+fierce
shazzy
AfrikanLatina
HumanNature
jamaicacurl
Courtney
Freestyles
BlondeByDesire
sweetdrk1
Lynnieluve
Intelligentbeauty
SheeTacular
vmichelle
ChrsLvsBks
blondie
53 posters

Page 1 of 32 1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 32  Next

Go down

~BACK TO BLONDE!!~ PJ Extraordinaire! Empty In hair hell!

Post by blondie 30th December 2009, 6:12 pm

Hello ladies!

My journey to natural was a happy accident that didn't seem so happy at the time. In fact, it was traumatic! A reaction to a medical procedure caused my hair to break off at the root. My stylist suggested that I stop perming because of my medical situation. Since I have no patience, I BC'd instead of getting a touch up on my perm...so I had somehere in the neighborhood of 6-8 weeks of new growth.

A year after that I BC'd again (I still had some scab hair) and a year after that I had my hair cut in a layered bob. I was not aware of the online natural hair community, so I learned the hard way, searching everywhere on my own! But it's OK, since I went through all of that research, it really made an impression and stuck.

I first thought I was a 3c because I had curls when I BC'd. As it grew in, I was crushed that it didn't grow up and out like other 3cs. I then had my hair typed and was told that I am a 2b/3b/3c mix, primarily 3b. So I had to learn to deal with that I would never have the "big" hair that I wanted.

I get my hair bleached every 4-6 weeks. Bleaching doesn't effect my curl pattern, and my hair is very strong and healthy. I learned what my hair does and doesn't like, so I have a strict hair care routine which keeps it in the shape that it is.

I've promised myself this year that I will not do ny chopping, only a trim in the spring if my stylist says I should. I get bored easily and haircut happy! I want to get more length, so I can get more of that beloved volume!! And as always, looking to learn and share with other naturals!

Last edited by blondie on 2nd July 2010, 3:17 am; edited 3 times in total
blondie
blondie

Back to top Go down

~BACK TO BLONDE!!~ PJ Extraordinaire! Empty Re: ~BACK TO BLONDE!!~ PJ Extraordinaire!

Post by ChrsLvsBks 30th December 2009, 6:28 pm

Welcome! I look forward to learning a lot from your posts.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

~BACK TO BLONDE!!~ PJ Extraordinaire! Empty Re: ~BACK TO BLONDE!!~ PJ Extraordinaire!

Post by vmichelle 30th December 2009, 6:39 pm

Yay Blondie!! Im so glad to see that you joined the thread..I look forward to hearing from you as your hair is absolutely lovely!!!!
vmichelle
vmichelle

http://mynaturalme.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 30th December 2009, 6:54 pm

Welcome
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by blondie 30th December 2009, 6:59 pm

Thank you ladies!
blondie
blondie

Back to top Go down

Post by blondie 30th December 2009, 7:04 pm

OK, I think I will do a deep condition tonight, just gotta get my butt in gear! I mix my own, adding a bit of thick conditioner so my puppies don't have a sugar fit licking raw honey and coconut milk, etc. from my neck!

I used to use heat, but I would bet bored. I found that overnight treatments were way more effective for my hair. I had my roots bleached last week, and I've only done one overnight since then. I like to do 2-3 a week. I have some in the fridge from last time, just have to get motivated....

hair after a overnight session this summer -

~BACK TO BLONDE!!~ PJ Extraordinaire! Honey_12

Last edited by blondie on 31st December 2009, 12:02 am; edited 1 time in total
blondie
blondie

Back to top Go down

Post by vmichelle 30th December 2009, 7:17 pm

Lovely curls!!!
vmichelle
vmichelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 30th December 2009, 8:04 pm

YEAH BIG SIS, Glad to see you started your thread. We all can learn alot from you!!! Thanks in advance ~BACK TO BLONDE!!~ PJ Extraordinaire! Icon_biggrin
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 30th December 2009, 8:58 pm

So you decided to join us! Welcome to the challenge!

BTW, I got my BeeMine Bee Hold Curly Butter. I think I like it. I've only used it once so the verdict is still out.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 30th December 2009, 9:43 pm

Blondie!!! ~BACK TO BLONDE!!~ PJ Extraordinaire! 678474

Welcome!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 30th December 2009, 10:00 pm

Yay ~BACK TO BLONDE!!~ PJ Extraordinaire! Icon_bounce , glad you joined Blondie ...
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by blondie 31st December 2009, 12:01 am

Thanks y'all! You guys truly know how to make a gal's eyes sweat!! ~BACK TO BLONDE!!~ PJ Extraordinaire! Icon_razz

I had a nap attack and didn't do the DC; think I'll slap it in tomorrow afternoon.
blondie
blondie

Back to top Go down

Post by blondie 31st December 2009, 12:20 am

Random hair thoughts -

OK ladies, apparently it ain't easy having healthy blonde hair. Although I realized that extra maintenance is required, I didn't think it was all that difficult. Just different. So last week I mentioned my stylist that I get comments about my hair and folk are so surprised that it's thick, soft, healthy and "scrong". Smile I didn't know it was supposedly so hard to have healthy blonde hair. She just said "It is." So now I know why on some hair forums folk ask me what in the name of Sam Hill am I doing! I really think it's a combo of my obsessive hair routine, where I live (VA Beach, not too cold, not a dry climate), the products I use, and genetics. Daddy gave me some awfully healthy hair!!

Last week I was asked by a natural hair care line what would I charge to model for them...they are interested on putting me on the cover of their product brochure! Don't know if it will happen, but it sure was great being asked!!! ~BACK TO BLONDE!!~ PJ Extraordinaire! Icon_cheers

Ok, just had a "hurr inspiration"! Think I'll do the deep conditioner under the heat cap tomorrow and leave in for a few hours. Then I'll do a hot oil/coconut milk milk treatment and let that sit overnight.
The worst thing they could have done is let me loose in the health food store! Smile
blondie
blondie

Back to top Go down

Post by vmichelle 31st December 2009, 12:55 am

OOOOH OOOO OOOOOOOH. Can you post the ingredients for the hot oil coconut milk treatment PLEAAAASE ~BACK TO BLONDE!!~ PJ Extraordinaire! Icon_bounce ~BACK TO BLONDE!!~ PJ Extraordinaire! Icon_bounce ~BACK TO BLONDE!!~ PJ Extraordinaire! Icon_bounce
vmichelle
vmichelle

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 31st December 2009, 12:57 am

good luck I hope it works out!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Freestyles 31st December 2009, 1:08 am

Welcome, welcome, welcome!

---Reese ~BACK TO BLONDE!!~ PJ Extraordinaire! Icon_rr
Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Post by blondie 31st December 2009, 2:21 am

Freestyles wrote:Welcome, welcome, welcome!

---Reese ~BACK TO BLONDE!!~ PJ Extraordinaire! Icon_rr

Thanks you! Smile
blondie
blondie

Back to top Go down

Post by blondie 31st December 2009, 2:23 am

OK, I'll post all that I put in it after the rinse out. I never know all that I will put in until I examine my mop and ask it what it wants! ~BACK TO BLONDE!!~ PJ Extraordinaire! Icon_flower
blondie
blondie

Back to top Go down

Post by Courtney 31st December 2009, 11:07 am

Hi Blondie-
So glad you are doing the challenge woot!
Courtney
Courtney

Back to top Go down

Post by jamaicacurl 31st December 2009, 11:36 am

Yay Blondie! I'm glad you are doing the challenge too. I love your hair and I look forward to reading your posts. I'm also interested in your coconut milk and hot oil DC.

Oh and how cool is that about the company asking you to be on their brochure!!!!! I would be grinning from ear to ear for a few months!
jamaicacurl
jamaicacurl

http://www.MishMashbyMarsha.artfire.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 31st December 2009, 2:48 pm

You would be a great representation for a natural hair care line--gorgeous healthy bleached natural curly hair. What else is there?!
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by blondie 1st January 2010, 5:53 pm

Thanks Ladies! Smile

I got lazy, so I'll do the DC this weekend and post. Anyhoo, I started pinning it up and here's what I ended up with...another happy accident! ~BACK TO BLONDE!!~ PJ Extraordinaire! Icon_flower

~BACK TO BLONDE!!~ PJ Extraordinaire! Uodo_019

~BACK TO BLONDE!!~ PJ Extraordinaire! Uodo_020

~BACK TO BLONDE!!~ PJ Extraordinaire! Uodo_021
blondie
blondie

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 1st January 2010, 6:43 pm

Happy New Year!

I like how you can see the cascading curls in the last picture. You also have three pictures of your curls. Did you do it on purpose? If so, how'd you do that
~BACK TO BLONDE!!~ PJ Extraordinaire! Confused
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by vmichelle 1st January 2010, 7:20 pm

So pretty Blondie...just GORGEOUS!!!
vmichelle
vmichelle

Back to top Go down

Post by blondie 1st January 2010, 7:43 pm

ChrsLvsBks wrote:Happy New Year!

I like how you can see the cascading curls in the last picture. You also have three pictures of your curls. Did you do it on purpose? If so, how'd you do that
~BACK TO BLONDE!!~ PJ Extraordinaire! Confused

Happy New Year to you too!

Thanks, but it was just the mirrors!
blondie
blondie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 32 1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 32  Next